[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/ status/74613505985015808
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 16
File: latest[1].png (374 KB, 1209x1563) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
374 KB, 1209x1563
https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/746135059850158082

You DiD fill this out right? And you did say you were not interested in co-op, metroid, kart racing or a SK2 right? But instead said you were interested in a Mario, Contra or Mega Man game right?
>>
>>343891010
Where is the option for just playable Shield Knight in Shovel Knight 2? Playing like Proto Man with her shield.
>>
Kart Racing pls
>>
I wouldn't mind a Shovel Knight Mario RPG
>>
>>343891250
>Kart Racing pls

That shit has been so played out. Anything that could be done with Kart racing has been done like 20 years ago.

2D platformers are a good choice because many try to make new ones, but many are terrible.
>>
>>343891373
>That shit has been so played out.
>2D platformers are a good choice
>>
>>343891010
How about making an original game for once?
>>
>>343891503

>Shovel Knight isn't an original game

You have a weird definition of an original game
>>
>Shovel Knight 2! *

Too early for it. We have a bunch of expansions. I don't really see what they could do with the sequel that wouldn't be rehasing.

>Shovel Knight and Shield Knight! *

Mutliplayer DLC? Nah.

>Shovel Kart! *

I'll play Mario kart instead.

>A Mega Man! *

Yes. So many mediocre games try to be mega men. So many fail.

>A Metroid! *

Too many metroid vanias. Pass.

>A Mario! *

Yes please. These died out in favor of metroid-vanias.

>A Zelda! *

Could work. But top downs are kinda boring.

>A Spelunky! *

Nah.

>A Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest! *

Oh god no. That gameplay was out dated 25 years ago.

>A Mario RPG! *

See above.

>A Contra! *

Oh yes. So few Contra style games now.

>A Landstalker / Solstice! *

Isometric games are shit.
>>
>>343891672

>Duck tails in a new coat of paint
>>
>>343891503
>It's shit if it belongs to an established genre
>>
fuck me i want more top-down zeldas. i know they have the potential to match link's awakening in terms of aesthetics (as well as oracle of ages/seasons), and i have a raging diamond boner for those puzzle/adventure games.

are there any same-genre modern games that use the grid-system identical to those zelda games?
>>
>top down Zelda
>not an Ys II
>>
>>343891685
>Too many metroid vanias. Pass.
Really? I've never found a decent one.
>top downs are kinda boring
kill yourself
>>
>>343891946

>I want to bump into enemies
>>
>>343891685
>Mutliplayer DLC? Nah.

It wouldn't be DLC, it would be a new game centered around co-op

That'd be fucking awesome
>>
>>343891946
Ys is garbage and Zelda is not. It's that simple.
>>
>>343892274
>genre of games defined by a single game I like
>all other games in the genre are shameless copies
>>
>>343891685
That's a nasty case of shit taste you got there.
>>
>>343891685
>>A Mario RPG! *
>See above.
Are you high? The Mario RPGs are pretty much the only games that play like they do. I'd kill for a good, high quality Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door-inspired game.
>>
>>343891010
I wanted a Mario RPG the most. I think they could pull it off.
>>
>>343892878

Oh wow, a jrpg where I hit a button when I jump to do more damage. How innovative.
>>
>>343893140
It's surprisingly more engaging than it might seem, especially when there's a variety of button combinations to use. Give it good platforming, puzzles & charm and you have a great game right there. It's too bad not many games do it.
>>
>>343891685
Absolutely disgusting taste
>>343891946
This would be perfect. Doesn't attract the same nostalgia audience the others do though so it will never be picked.
>>
File: 1426431633009.jpg (45 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1426431633009.jpg
45 KB, 512x397
>poll doesn't show results once you submit
>>
>>343893925
Yeah, that pissed me off also. Hopefully they reveal the results in the future.
>>
>>343893925
What would be the point? Shovel Knight 2 is going to win no matter what because people love regurgitated garbage and hate new things.
>>
>>343891192
Seriously. I want playable Shield Knight.
>>
>>343894042

It's Yacht Club, so I feel they'll definitely show it off sometime after they announce their next big game

I mean, these are the people that showed full sales data of Shovel Knight, which no other companies do
>>
>>343892878
There is an anon that posts in the dev thread sometimes making one.
>>
HOLY SHIT, IS SHOVEL KNIGHT MAKING A MARIO GAME? HOLY SHIT A MEGA MAN GAME? HOW DID THEY DO THESE WITH NINTENDO, CAPCOM, SQUARE-ENIX AND KONAMI?
>>
>>343894185
I didn't know they showed off their sales data, so you're probably right on them showing of the results. Can't wait for the poll to end.
>>
>no ability to elaborate on opinions
dropped

That said, I'd like to see Yacht Club do a Metroid-style action/adventure game, though I'd prefer a different universe.
>>
>>343894475

In case you're interested

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/08/sales-one-month/

http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/04/feat-unlocked-one-million-copies-of-shovel-knight-sold/
>>
"Metroidvania" gameplay is dogshit because it really just means "lots of padding and pointless backtracking". They could make a good sci-fi shooter/platformer without that shit though.
>>
>>343894676

One Million copies. At 16 dollars each. Jesus.
>>
>>343894676
Interesting read. Was going to say that they could just say "this idea won!", the idea they already wanted to make but I do think Yacht Club is better than that. Even if they don't make the game that won they'll probably give some explanation and not go radio silent.
>>
A Mario RPG type game from them could be incredible, what little dialogue we got in both original Shovel Knight and Plague of Shadows was very well done. I'd also love to see a Contra style game. I agree it's a bit early for a second Shovel Knight.
>>
>gauging consume interest with an online twitter poll
horrible idea
>>
>>343891685
>too many metroidvanias

No such thing
>>
>>343891010
I said yes to anything but Kart and story based RPG.
>>
>>343893098
same here. I'd want it to not just be a Paper Mario or M&L and do its own thing though. Shovel Kart sounds pretty nice too as I've missed the old style of racing games
>>
>>343894676
>One million copies
They deserved it.
>>
>>343891373
There's still no good kart racing on ps4/xbone, and the only good one on pc released 4 years ago.
>>
>>343895123

I'm sure they will. Honestly they're one of the best devs around these days
>>
>>343895682
I'm sure they'll think of something more unique than what the Mario RPGs have done. The gameplay style has a lot of potential for new ideas that can effect gameplay.
>>
>>343896231
They've only made one game
>>
>>343891010
>A 2D metroid made by the Shovel Knight devs

Probably won't happen but I can dream
>>
>>343896113
Sanic Kart 2 wasn't four y--

ah fuck
>>
>>343896231
One game does not establish a track record, anon.
>>
>>343897862

And it's fantastic.
>>
>>343891373
>He doesn't want Shovel Kart
>He doesn't want Dark Souls Kart
>He doesn't want DOOM Kart
>He doesn't want Metal Gear Kart
>He doesn't want Hotline Miami Kart
>>
>>343891685
>Isometric games are shit.

And stopped reading there. Shit opinion.
>>
>>343900610

Their consistent support of Shovel Knight and previous work by many people there from their Wayforward days is good ebough for me
>>
>>343901304
I just want a new kart racer which has the quality of CTR
>>
>>343891685
>That gameplay was out dated 25 years ago.
Kill yourself
>>
>>343891010
>Not playing couch co-op with your best mate or girlfriend
>>
>>343904864

jrpgs are boring as hell and just a bunch of abstract menus.
>>
File: sWWrII.png (6 KB, 701x369) Image search: [Google]
sWWrII.png
6 KB, 701x369
>>343901304
Pic related has been my pet idea for a game I'd really like to make if I ever got to learn how to make Vidya

Overly brown/green and bloom setting with detailed textures and gore, but a Mario Kart esque racer with F1 Race Stars character proportions and TF2 like black comedy. Instead of just knocking each other around with shells and shit you'd be killing and blowing each other up with guns and mines and RPG, and with quick respawning rather than just your kart slipping around

Yes it skips right to the sequel, it sounds cooler and nobody cared about the first anyway. Maybe someday I'd make the first game if the second game was a success.
>>
File: expansion_pack.jpg (28 KB, 378x434) Image search: [Google]
expansion_pack.jpg
28 KB, 378x434
>Shovel Knight 2!
A bit too early, but if they mix enough could be alrigth
>Shovel Knight and Shield Knight! *
Not a fan of multiplayer usually but now that I have a gf I could play with her in the worst case
>Shovel Kart!
how about no
>A Mega Man!
after the shitstain that was migthy scam it could be nice, but maybe again too similar to SK?
>A Metroid!
oh yes, especially if they manage to capitalize what the series has learned in the various games, thing that most indie forgot. But maybe a bit too overcrowded here
>A Mario!
It could be alright if they nail it
>A Zelda!
Depends on what style of Zelda they choose Zelda II or LA please
>A Spelunky!
the random levels aren't really my thing
>A Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest!
I found myself getting tired to RPGs lately, so a no for me
>A Mario RPG!
except for paper mario/Mario&Luigi games, those are fantastic
>A Contra!
Aw yeah
>A Landstalker / Solstice!
Could be ok
>>
>>343891685
>reddit retard makes a post

get out
>>
File: grumpy_king_angry.gif (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
grumpy_king_angry.gif
13 KB, 200x200
>People ITT saying Duck Tales plays anything like Shovel Knight

Confirmed for playing neither.
>>
>>343891685
Great taste my man. Fuck everything about multiplayer games. I avoid that shit like the plague.
>>
>>343891685
wow you really have boring taste and sound incredibly unhappy
>>
I'd kill for a good Spelunky.
>>
Shovel Knight 2, Shovel Knight Mario RPG style, and Shovel Kart would all be fun as fuck.

Also if they want to make a new franchise I'm cool with either Metroid or Zelda style.
>>
>>343907319
>>343906973

Make up your mind niggers.
>>
If anyone can make a RPG where the gameplay and combat aren't second fiddle to the story due to it just being seen as a way to shoehorn interactivity rather than something to try to innovate and perfect, Yacht Club Games are the group who can do it.
>>
>Shovel Knight 2
With Shovel Knight already getting two more campaigns on top of the two it already has I'd rather not get this. It feels like they're doing everything they can with that game, I want to see what else Yacht Club is capable of.

>Shovel Knight and Shield Knight
See above.

>Shovel Kart
There's really nothing exciting about a mode 7 racer in todays age. If this was a side mode in Shovel Knight 2 like the upcoming battle mode for Shovel Knight that'd be a fun distraction, but it's not worth making into a major project.

>A Mega Man
I'd be so down with an action shooter platformer thing from them. Shovel Knight has a lot of Mega Man elements too but its more of a hybrid of all the popular NES platformers, it'd probably be different enough from Shovel Knight to be worth investing in.

>A Metroid
I love Metroidvanias to death but they shouldn't bother. The indie market is flooded with them and there's already plenty of competent ones out there, do a genre not getting as much love.

>A Mario
Feel the same way about this as I do Metroid.

>A Zelda
This could be cool, especially if its reminiscent of the Gameboy Color Zelda games.

>A Spelunky
Don't really care for randomly generated games, no thanks.

>A Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest
I feel like Yacht Clubs style is more suited for Mario RPGs.

>A Mario RPGs
I'm throwing money at my monitor but nothing is happening.

>A Contra
This would also be sick too. There's a lack of good run and guns right now besides like, Cuphead. I'm sure they'd do it justice.

>A Landstalker / Solstice
Never was a big fan of Solstice but this wouldn't be bad. Less exciting than a lot of the other options though.
>>
File: 1442980635055.gif (579 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1442980635055.gif
579 KB, 500x377
>>343909724

I initially put Shovel Knight 2 high with my vote, but the more I think about it the more I want Yacht club to stretch their creative muscles and try something different. Gotta keep in mind though they're a team of 15, so they are limited in what they can make

Then they make Super Shovel Knight
>>
I just want Super Shovel Knight and then Shovel Knight 64.
>>
File: shield_knight.png (1 MB, 2933x4595) Image search: [Google]
shield_knight.png
1 MB, 2933x4595
I want to fuck Shield Knight!
>>
>>343893925
It has pros and cons

People are less influenced to mass vote one thing over the second place option. WE CAN'T LET X WIN and all that. On the other hand, the devs can now bullshit the results if they want. That being said, they should be allowed to do that if they want, as this poll is not meant to net anything concrete, and is just the devs seeing what people might like. They have no obligation to the results, and showing them publicly may give people the impression that they do.
>>
>>343911231

It's Yacht Club, they'll end up showing the results eventually
>>
>>343911129
I want to fatten Shield Knight!
>>
OP, are you literally autistic? Do you unironically believe that Yacht Club is going to be contracted to make a literal Mario or Mega Man game?
>>
>>343911729

They aren't going to be contracted to make anything, they're independent and plan on staying that way

The descriptions are more genre overveiws so people can get an idea about the types of games Yacht Club has been playing around with
>>
>>343906117
When I skimmed your post, I thought for a sec you meant a Zelda game set in LA. Gangbanger Link sounds fun.
>>
>>343911729
>Do you unironically believe that Yacht Club is going to be contracted to make a literal Mario or Mega Man game?

It's the style that they are going. A mario style platformer or a mega man style platformer.
>>
>>343891010
>Shovel Knight 2
Too early, make it after your second game, which should be original.
>Shovel Knight and Shield Knight co-op prequel.
I'd make this as a smaller, side title that builds up hype for Shovel Knight 2.
>Shovel Kart
Do this after Shovel Knight 2, that way you have way more stuff to work with.
>everything else
anything's good for me, but personally I'd go for something like an RPG so it contrasts more with Shovel Knight. Don't really have a preference here though.
>>
>>343913016
by original, I mean a 2nd original IP.

Yacht Club should be allowed to be creative instead of instantly just sticking with nothing but shovel knight. Right now, Shovel Knight's too good and full of content, including free downloadable shit they haven't even finished making. Finish Shovel Knight, let it stick around for a while as you make a new IP or two, then turn Shovel Knight into a cash cow. I think people need to be able to trust Yacht Club games before they see them "sell out" (quotes intentional here).

I trust Yacht Club games will take care when making shovel knight 2 (or other shovel knight games), but I think it's better for everyone if they waited to make that stuff.
>>
>>343891010
I picked VERY EXCITED for Mario RPG but couldn't be arsed to vote on all the other options.
>>
>>343893140
Better than the zero interactivity that has been the standard since the first rpg. Also there has been a lot of improvement in gameplay from superstar saga
>>
>>343905968
Make it f zero with weapons and i will accept it
>>
I think you have to be pretty stupid to pick:
>A Mario
>A Mega Man
>A Sequel
>A DLC
>A Spelunky
>A Contra
We get too much of this shit from indie developers, so it would be stupid to pick something that's been overdone.
Metroid games are fine. I don't care if there's a bunch already. The more, the merrier.
>>
>>343911129
Mona and magicist is pretty cute even if one of them is a horsefucker
>>
>>343914620
>I think you have to be pretty stupid to pick:
>Lists the only good options
Well meme'd my friend!
>>
>>343891010
When the FUCK is the next DLC for Shovel Knight coming out?
>>
You FUCKS better not put a 5 for a fucking sequel.
I fucking hate getting sequels that are just more of the same shit. I just want something new.
>>
>>343914835

Soonâ„¢
>>
>>343914245
Grandia series had fine JRPG gameplay desu. You can always copy that
>>
>>343914736
OH HO HO! Are we for real, right now?
>I WANT ANOTHER INDIE GAME THAT TRIES TO BE LIKE MARIO OR MEGA MAN
We get too much of that shit. Shovel Knight is all you need if you want that shit. Stop being shit.
Shit.
>>
>>343914736
>Well meme'd my friend!
Facebook? Is that you?
>>
>>343915161
>MEGA MAN
We get plenty of Mario shit, but almost no Mega Man shit.
Metroidvanias and Mario platformers are flying out the ass.
We need more Mega Man style games though.
>>
>>343891762
>This is what people who haven't actually played duck tales and just listened to moon theme remixes on youtube truly believe
>>
File: 1431705110281.jpg (321 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1431705110281.jpg
321 KB, 1200x675
What was the name of this game again? I've been meaning to check it out to see if it's worth a download.
>>
>>343915713
Axiom Verge
>>
>>343915554
They already gave you fucking Shovel Knight AND the new content. Don't you want them to do something else? Why do you want them to play it safe?
>>
>>343894931
I've never seen a counter to this argument that convinced me Metroidvania was actually good. Shantae is good, but it's still pretty linear and level based.
>>
>>343915713
Axiom Verge.
It has its flaws but some of the weapons and abilities are pretty fun to use. The writing is dreck, though.
>>
File: esa.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
esa.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
>>343915713
Axiom Verge.
Also if you want to try other indie metroidvanias, environmental station alpha is one of the best out there, with a great post end game content. However be warned that it has 8*8 pixel tiles, so it can murder your eyes if you aren't ok with that
>>
>>343901304
>Doom Kart
I never knew I wanted this
>>
>>343916205
>DRIFT AND TEAR
>>
File: 1450786535145.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1450786535145.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>Mario RPG style game by Yacht Club

yes.

Yes

YES
>>
>>343915161
There is almost no good Contra-like shit at all. I've looked.
>>
>>343891010
>Everything on that list is good
Fuck what do I fucking CHOOSE ?
>>
>>343915838
You say this as if Shovel Knight is even remotely similar to Mega Man. Are you sure you've played either?
>>
>>343894676
>that bottom left bag
thanks doc
>>
>>343915812
>>343915963
>>343916108
Cool I'll check it out along with environmental station alpha, thanks dudes
>>
File: Horrifying_metroid.gif (70 KB, 387x324) Image search: [Google]
Horrifying_metroid.gif
70 KB, 387x324
>>343915957
most metroid games tend to make you revisit areas that change, either because you have new powerups that unlock new routes, secrets and especially shortcuts or because they change for real (like in Prime). The key is that you never have to retrack a lot of your steps, just go back to a place quickly to go somewhere else again (if you don't get lost), both aided and to underline the connectivity of the word. In the end they sort of play out linearly, except during the first playthrough where you explore the map.
Naturally if you like linear and to the point games your first time will be off-putting and you can't really get familiar with the world, but if you like exploring while looking in every nook and cranny they are the best, better than fully open-world games.
I think that lots of games of this games miss the concept, especially castlevanias and their shitty RPG system that promotes grinding.
>>
File: Paper.Mario.full.1223354.jpg (326 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
Paper.Mario.full.1223354.jpg
326 KB, 900x800
Just think of all the fun characters the Shovel Knight devs could make in a Mario-RPG-like.
>>
>>343916532
Look up Super Cyborg if you haven't already played it.
>>
>>343891946
>an Ys
Wait a second, how the fuck do you pronouce Ys, then? Is it not Yiis, like yes with a long I?
>>
>>343917467
It's the same as the word "ease".
>>
>>343917467

Appparently it rhymes with Bees.
>>
>>343917304
Bought it in the Steam sale after another anon suggested it to me. It's literally the only game that looked comparable to Contra that I could find.
>>
>>343917161
You mean waifus, right? Like Vivian and Goombella.
>>
>>343917467
Like "piss" without the "p".
>>
>>343917467
I thought it was more along the lines of 'geese' without the g
>>
>>343917161
oh shit now i really want them to make an RPG.

probably would take the longest to make though.
>>
>>343918643
It's this.
>>
>>343915605
Well, okay, Ducktales + Mega Man.
>>
>>343919902
>tfw you realized neo-/v/ isn't a myth, there are tons of people that know nothing about NES era platformers.
>>
Everything is good except that multiplayer garbage
>>
File: 1418770576682.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1202) Image search: [Google]
1418770576682.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1202
>a Metroid
>they're not calling it Le Metroidvania

based devs
>>
File: BattleSK.gif (357 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
BattleSK.gif
357 KB, 400x240
Who's ready for Battle Mode?
>>
is Shovel Knight co-op still locked to the WiiU and the amiibo?
>>
>>343914574
I really want to make this game now except every part of the frame is completely customizable and all the bullets/weapons are just physics objects with mass and acceleration.
>>
>>343921262
Yes. The co-op and customizations are the WiiU's exclusive features just like the PS4's Kratos and the XBone's Battletoads.
>>
>>343921980
ok so I thought about this game more and it rapes.
you could have a really slow fortress that isn't even a racer that just fucking relies on fragging enemies but if everyone else doesn't die you'll just lose.
but you could also just have a light speed bullshit racer and just outplay the stupid fortress.
>>
File: 1422737817852.png (62 KB, 450x417) Image search: [Google]
1422737817852.png
62 KB, 450x417
>>343892878
>Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door-inspired
>not Mario and Luigi-inspired
>>343891010
A game other than Mario and Luigi with the same kind of dodging system would be the tightest shit
>>
>>343891010
>expecting people to not want an actually well-made Megaman game after Mighty no. 9
>>
>>343891010
I like how there's no option for an original game.
They can't make anything but derivative, overmarketed shovelware, and they know it.
>>
>>343925737

It's a fucking genre listing within what they can do as a 15 man studio

It's not like Shovel Knight was a straight clone of another game
>>
>Not co-op

Sorry you have no friends
>>
>>343925737
>Studio has only made one single game

Ok
>>
i want kart racing
there is not enough
>>
>>343926554
I asked them if they'd make more Shovel Knight series amiibo and thus more co-op campaigns, but they said that wasn't in the cards for now.
>>
>>343923378
>A game other than Mario and Luigi with the same kind of dodging system would be the tightest shit
makes me wish more games pulled that kind of shit off
>>
YOU VOTED FOR LANDSTALKER, RIGHT?
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.