[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is so fundamentally wrong with MOBAs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 20
File: 20140912055653a0dvzi1utszo51to.jpg (245 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
20140912055653a0dvzi1utszo51to.jpg
245 KB, 600x356
What is so fundamentally wrong with MOBAs?
>>
nu-males who can't handle the bantz because it hurts their feefees
>>
>>343887924
first post best post
>>
>>343887924
Just because I have large glasses and am balding doesn't make me a nu male
>>
It's a genre for people too good for Hero Siege but not good enough for Warcraft 3 ladder.

And then they have the nerve to call it a hardcore game.
>>
>>343887797
It's only enjoyable if you have adhd
>>
The only thing thats actually wrong? It got popular.

/v/ hates anything thats popular
>>
File: eight_col_054_EFF5889.jpg (27 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
eight_col_054_EFF5889.jpg
27 KB, 620x388
>waah they are bad games because they're not Warcraft 3!
>waah they cant require any skill because they're not RTS!
>>
They're too video gamey for /v/, they need their stories and cinematic.
>>
Speaking as someone who played years of dota, but has since kicked the habit:

The game design is fundamentally flawed, but everyone has gotten so used to the tropes that nobody cares and plays anyway

Like laning. What the fuck is laning

If I told you "Here's a cast of 100 unique characters with cool shit they can do, go fight the enemy"

But then you every match you have to hide behind little ai controlled shits and hide behind towers of death, trying to get the last hit on an enemy that isnt hitting you

So you can save up gold, and buy boots, so you run at a speed that is actually acceptable? That shit doesnt make sense. It'd be like if a fighting game had you hide behind ai characters fighting while you flipped each other off until a certain amount of time had passed and you had all your moves and could actually fight

You should be able to pick a character, get in there, and do your thing. Not pick a carry and think "Gee I hope I get enough farm to actually do my job this time rather than struggle helplessly against the enemy's early game"

On that note theres shit like boots. Why do boots exist. Why not just make everyone faster? Why the clunkiness of ultra-late game scenarios where you wanna sell your boots to make room for an item that lets you deal more damage but you cant give up the movement speed of the boots without becoming an iron turtle.
But its been like that for so long everyone's used to it.
>>
>>343889573
There;s been a few games that tried the "moba but without lanes or farming gold" thing
like Bloodline Champions.
No one played them.
>>
>>343889707

Exactly.
People are addicted to memes. Just doing the same thing over and over and over and over.

Best to just ignore the entire genre and hope, with time, it goes away
>>
File: 781.jpg (188 KB, 469x475) Image search: [Google]
781.jpg
188 KB, 469x475
>>343889573
>why do I need to gather gold in RTS games to build something even though the thing I'm building isnt made of gold?
>>
>>343887924
What does this post even mean?
>>
>>343888180
I have ADHD and I fucking hate these games. All they end up boiling down to is a timing minigame which is fucking awful when your brain decides to just fuck off to neverland while you're trying to do it.
>>
>>343889573
>Speaking as someone who played years of dota
Yet you sound like you never got over 4k mmr.
>>
>>343889885
What? No. People like the sense of progression that MOBAs give within matches. You become a total badass by lategame, and then you win, and you can get there again in half an hour.
>>
>>343890030

Dota pleb please I really dont want to hear about mmr anymore. That part of my life is over

>>343889970

If you wanna go play an RTS where you gather resources to build shit, thats fine. But standing in lane going for last hits is such an archaic concept
>>
Shitty controls.
>>
>>343890140
>That part of my life is over
>goes into a thread to write up a wall of text about dota
Whatever you say 3k shitter.
>>
File: 1481090.jpg (109 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1481090.jpg
109 KB, 1024x576
>>343890140
>killing enemies to gain gold is an archaic concept
>>
>>343889885
no they tried to compete with ancient games and not doing it well

and its not flawed its just a simple concept

2 sides send soldiers you control heroes and try to bust through their defenses

there is a forest with champion monsters you can go kill

you earn xp and gold like and rpg so there is some progression
>>
>>343890210
>>343890140

This is why those games are wrong. People doing "WAH MUH SCORE IS BETTER SO IM BETTER AND U KNOW NUTHIN". Community is shit.
>>
Real talk: because they encourage being a self-absorbed prick.

A) If you win, people suck your dick. If you lose, it's really easy to pin blame on other people because even if you or your victim get the mechanics, the other 8 idiots don't so they just take your word for granted.
B) If you're on the receiving end of it, you're forced to sit there and take it up the ass if you don't want low prio/suspension/whatever.
C) Losing is fucking miserable and games still last 20-30 minutes beyond the point of no return and you're at the mercy of your opponents the entire time, so even if you're not a self-absorbed prick it's super infuriating anyway.
D) Every one of them except for Dota as pay2win shit, and even then Dota still suffers from all the other problems.
>>
File: 1455028797713.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1455028797713.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
>>343887797
Stop using the term MOBA, almost every pvp game is a MOBA.
>>
>>343890267
You sound like you've been told you're shit a numerous amount of times. Refer to >>343887924
>>
>>343889998
it means the collective butthurt from /v/ shitters when it comes to multiplayer games is unfathomable
>>
>>343890293

Also E) as a result you get what this guy said: >>343890267

It's not even like fighting games where people critique your shit if you're being a scrub, people literally just make up shit and talk down to you for whatever reason they can think of and make castes out of MMR rankings. It's fucking sick. And even if you realize that you suck, you realize it's because the game itself sucks and you don't even WANT to be good at it. Sure I'll just practice this shit for hours on end just for the devs to take a fat shit on everything and render everything I practiced moot anyway.
>>
>>343890070

If you're winning, sure.

Losing in a moba has to be one of the most unfun things you can do in video games

You can get stomped in every game, but other games never really capture that same feeling of helplessness a dota clone brings
>>
File: 1418182984858.png (119 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
1418182984858.png
119 KB, 359x291
>>343890526
>And even if you realize that you suck, you realize it's because the game itself sucks
holy kek

>I'm a super PROGAYMER and if I'm not good at this game it's because it's SHIT
/v/ in a fucking nutshell
>>
>>343887797
relying on other """""people"""""
i like the joust mode in SMITE because its 3v3 and individual skill actually has an impact
>>
>>343890140
>But standing in lane going for last hits is such an archaic concept
So is gaining XP, so everyone should just start max level because its more interesting

and also get rid of gold concept and just let everyone come in with their own item loadouts
>>
>>343890647
Dumb frogposter
>>
>the gameplay is fundamentally uninteresting, like Warcraft III but with controlling only one unit
>you play on one, uninspired map that is corridor shooter-tier
>because it's a team game, faggots don't have to accept that their team lost possibly because they suck ass
>same said faggots hate that each match is 20-30 minutes, so if someone so much as sneezes people start quitting because losing sucks
>etc

This shit was barely acceptable when it was a custom Warcraft 3 game in like 2003, let alone for a standalone game.
>>
File: 1467595964682.jpg (10 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
1467595964682.jpg
10 KB, 250x222
>>343890647
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that if I'm gonna get good at something useless, it's not gonna be something where 90% of getting better at it is a timing minigame disguised as combat, and even then even if you do get good, 99% of the people you play with are bigger shitheads than meth addicts. Get real.
>>
>>343889573
10/10 post.

I also hate laning with a passion, thats why I mainly play ARAM in LOL.
>>
>>343890569
>Can we surrender now?
No.
>>
>>343890879
Unless you plan to play competitively for money or make a living off streaming, being good at any video game is useless so you really have no point besides trying to justify being a casual shitter.
>>
>>343890737
I like Awesomenauts a lot for the same reason. It's also 3v3 still has some semblance of economy management and stuff, but a lot of it comes down to aiming and prediction. Also even the support characters can carry hard, which is fucking awesome. Best part? You can turn off chat completely, and the game doesn't have pings.
>>
>>343887797
The players.
>>
>>343887797
Honestly, I just don't find them fun. All the different aspects of the genre people find fun, you can experience in better, more fun games.
>>
File: 1467697444816.png (240 KB, 400x364) Image search: [Google]
1467697444816.png
240 KB, 400x364
>>343891029
Oh yeah man, you told me, how dare I not try to improve at a game that I literally don't have fun with even when I'm winning. I'm sorry I haven't invested enough time in your favorite game though.
>>
To REALLY like dota games you have to love killing other players.
>>
>mobafag friend tells me to get dota
>spend 40 hours practicing on bots to git gud
>play 5 matches, lose 2 win 3
>realise I'm not having fun
>"no man you dont understand, just wait until you clock in 300 hours and it'll be a whole new game

Stockholm syndrome the game
>>
>>343887924
This
>>
>>343891190
Don't bark at me just because you're a dumb triggered 'muh feefees' faggot who gets anal devastated over internet insults.

We get it, you didn't have fun because there wasn't anybody telling you how much of a beautiful special snowflake you were. Get over yourself.
>>
>>343891336
See >>343891261
>>
>>343890323
Sorry.

"Brawler"

Better?
>>
>>343891436
>want to get into drawing
>doodle a retarded weeb animu girl
>realize it's not fun being a shit artist
>give up
-you
>>
When are we going to stop pretending that /v/ hates mobas for legitimate reasons? /v/ hates mobas because normies play them, they're popular, and people here have this insane inferiority complex about video game 'degeneracy' that make them vehemently despise people who like to make competitive gaming an accepted thing.

Consider the fact that one of the main arguments in every moba thread is whether or not to call them mobas. What for? Because /v/ only cares about labels. Nevermind the fact that action, action-adventure, real time strategy, and role playing games as genre labels are just as vague.

/v/ used to love dota all the way since reign of chaos before it was even called dota allstars. But now that it's popular, people here have to hate it.
>>
>>343887797
It was an experiment to see if marketing could turn a hack custom game type into a money spinner. It did.
>>
>>343891445
Fortress Assault or ARTS both work.
>>
>>343892032
there are mobas where the goal isn't to destroy a fortress and are you implying there are no action in regular RTS?
>>
>>343892105
More importantly, is he implying that there IS action in an ASSFAGGOTS? It's one of the slowest, least active "genres" out there.
>>
>>343891681
Wow that's a fucking awful analogy
>>
>>343892283
ASSFAGGOTS uses Fortress Assault idiot
>>
>>343892340
Not really, being good at dota and drawing are both skills gained and refined through repetition, and both of which yield greater satisfaction the better you are at them due to admiring your own mastery. Would you have preferred a food analogy?
>>
>>343891681
> Implying art is even remotely as useless as being good in a vidya unless you're a top 100 streamer.
> Implying one is not a way of expression and weaving stories and concepts and the other is not mashing buttons at the correct timing to see numbers go up.
> Implying the art of getting good at drawing changes every other couple of months and nulls your whole efforts and your LoL current season tactics are in any way clever or useful in rral life applications.

You are so stupid it hurts. Just think, all those hours you invested into making Riot richer, what you could've done with that time. You could've become a good artist, a musician, learn a language, learn programming, fuck- make your own game.

And yet here we are. Now i'm in no place to judge a fellow /v/irgin on which vidya he decides to waste his time on, but pretending this is in any way comparable to actual skills is laughable at best and dangerously delusional at worst.

Fucking re-think your course of action.
>>
>>343892656
Stopped reading at the first line, nowhere was that implied at all. Do you not know how analogies work?

>Life is like a box of chocolates-
>WOOOOOOW HOW CAN YOU COMPARE FUCKING LIFE TO SOME STUPID CHOCOLATES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
literally you,
literally neck yourself
>>
File: 1467248392538.png (332 KB, 643x480) Image search: [Google]
1467248392538.png
332 KB, 643x480
>>343891681
You don't get it, do you? Alright, let me lay this out for you.

Picture this. A world where people play games on electronic boxes. They do this to enjoy themselves, to have fun. To unwind after a long day, to take their mind off of stuff, to indulge in fantasy, to have something to do while socializing, whatever. It's a meaningless diversion in the scheme of things. People log on, play some games, then log off and go about their days.

But some folks have insecurities about themselves in real life, so they find some way, any way, they can prove themselves superior to others. "I must be the best, people will respect me if I do... Nobody can hate me this way!" So they learn the meta, they practice for hours on end, play and play and play... but never really thrive. A community of these people form, constantly comparing dick sizes with one another, seeing who can get the biggest e-boner. But... it's a team game. I gotta rely on other people to make my e-wang bigger. So Captain Cuntface took it upon himself to try and boss other people around to make himself look better. How the fuck am I gonna win if these faggots don't learn?

And so it begins. The combination of misery from losing itself and the judgment of his peers weighs down on him too heavy, but he's gotta do what he can. He's gotta make his team shape up or he's never gonna increase that ranking. But then suddenly, he had a vision.

That vision was that Dota doesn't fucking matter, and when you realize that all your "friends" are just backstabbing cuntfaces using you as a cheap excuse to inflate their ranking numbers, you realize the game isn't worth it. You also realize you hate the game so much because even when you win it isn't fun. So instead of wasting all this time and effort on Narcissismfest 5000, you go spend that time and effort on something that actually gives permanent, tangible results and isn't just a shitshow of fighting egos. You know, like art or cooking.
>>
>>343892656
>think of all that time you were playing a game and having fun
>instead you could have done something else!
/v/'s consistent self deprecation about playing games is insane
>>
Games that are based around team work, and strategy making. But with limited capacity to communicate with one another.
And they suck.
>>
File: 1455092409813.png (423 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
1455092409813.png
423 KB, 450x532
>>343892809
The amount of insecure projection in this post is palpable.

>people are only competitive because they're losers
>friends are all backstabbers who use you
>crawling in my skin
>*teleports away*
>>
>>343892458
Okay, but what practical value does being good at a clickfest yield?

As an artist you can constantly expand on your medium and learn new skills to create new artworks for a variety of purposes beyond self pleasure

Wheras with assfaggots the only thing you're doing is clicking things more efficiently in order to get a.higher rank, and don't give me that esports bullshit because there are autistic 12 year olds in korea with more natural tallent than you and i could ever achieve through practice
>>
>>343893057
That was half my point, dumbass. I was talking about myself as much as you, but unlike you I actually got over it and stopped playing the game as a result.
>>
>>343893274
and let me guess, you are an amazing musician, cook, and artist now right?
>>
>>343893240
See >>343892795

And if you actually practiced what you preached then you wouldn't be here wasting time on /v/ or play video games at all because you could be using your time to be doing something useful rather than having fun.
>>
>>343893240
I'm entirely sure I'm a way better artist than you are and I still play League of Legends
>>
>>343893274
Stop projecting retard.
>>
>>343893324
I'm certainly better at programming now that I quit Dota, got off my ass (metaphorically) and started doing it. And what do you know, I have finished software! I might not be John Carmack but it's time better spent than sucking up to people like you on a daily basis.
>>
>>343893526
but yet you're still here on 4chan wasting time talking about a video game you hate

wow, that's some efficient time use!
>>
>>343893354
I'm only going on because you retards seem to insist that you get some practical skills from playing this unfun game

"This game isn't fun"
>you need to get better
"How do i get better"
>keep playing the game
"But i don't enjoy it as is. How will getting better at doing something i don't enjoy for recrearion make it fun?"
>look, playing dota is like ART!!!

I know this might be surprising but not everyone on this board is a jaded 32 year old neet trying to justify wasting 7 years of fheir life staring into a computer screen
>>
>>343887797
It's basically RTS with ONE UNIT
>>
>>343893649
>I have to defend myself not playing games against people who do play games
your life seems really pathetic tbqhfamilia
>>
>>343888596
>waah they cant require any skill because they're not RTS!
funny that every RTS pro doesnt just switch to dota(the closest to the origin of the ASSFAGGOTS genre) and make 10x more money 100x easier then isnt it?
oh you mean some of them have and failed spectacularly? weird.
>>
>>343893396
I never said i was an artist, i was just saying that practicing and improving your artistic skills yields much greater rewards than sitting on a computer clicking on things to raise your e-peen status
>>
>>343893526
>I stopped playing video games and now I have more time to do other things
woah................................

What does this have to do with dota again?
>>
>>343893758
and yet you're STILL here instead of working on your programming, cooking, or drawing skills
>>
>>343887797
snowball mechanics make all mobas completely unfun after a certain time period for an entire team
>>
I think this thread is a good example of why /v/ hates mobas

/v/ just hates video games
>>
>>343887797

Nothing, now that Paragon exists.

Your shitty and hideous top-down clickers for people who can't handle real RTS can die now.
>>
File: 1456294252169.jpg (108 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1456294252169.jpg
108 KB, 534x820
>>343893628
Now you're just getting desperate. I highly doubt that you spend literally every waking moment doing one thing. Give it up already. It's a fucking video game. I don't know why any of this even needs to be said, you can't be this delusional.

>>343893730
>makes retarded argument and gets aggressive when questioned
>HAHA YOU'RE THE RETARD FOR FIGHTING WITH ME

Do you see why I don't want to play video games with people like you?
>>
>>343893730
I do play video games, i just realise that the idea behind video games is to have fun and not dedicate my entire life to them and not sperg out when someone says they don't like the video games i like

I play video games for fun, but apparently if i don't enjoy a video game it's because i haven't spent 1200 hours of my life playing it in the hopes that something will click and I'll suddenly start having fun
>>
>>343893649
>insist that you get some practical skills from playing this unfun game
Who said this? This is just a retarded argument you made up in your mind which you're now attacking so you can feel like you actually have anything of value to say.

But if you insist, you would actually gain practical skills if you played at a competitive level, such as hand-eye coordination, critical thinking and communication to say the least.
>>
>>343894035
Uh why aren't you doing something more productive right now man?
>>
>>343887797
The esports community. The games by themselves wouldnt be that bad otherwise although they are too slow for my tastes, but as it is they are 1000% cancer
>>
>>343894160
I'm done with you. You are doing the exact same thing except acting like a fucking teenager sticking their fingers in their ears and going "la la la" instead of trying to argue your point like an adult. Get help.

tl;dr >>343894180
>>
Seriously don't get this meme that anything before Paragon matters anymore.

It has actual graphics and controls and is not an RTS for retards and is made by professionals, unlike the rest of the amateur scam artists and modern Blizzard.
>>
File: trumpleague.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trumpleague.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
Nothing really, but people play the game wrong and go in with randoms instead of a making a team like you're supposed to.

Don't have people you can play with, then don't play.
>>
>>343892809
youre a fucking retard, if you dont like dota thats fine, but everything youre saying about it being pointless applies to basically EVERY fucking vidya you sperg.
you quit dota because youre probably some 2k mmr shitter who couldnt handle losing to better players constantly. get over it.
>>
>>343888596
why you gotta bring pratchett into this, you massive faggot
>>
>>343894394
I know this is just a joke, but the paragon characters are so boring. They're the kind of thing you'd see as a first year project coming out of fullsail or something.
>>
Holy fuck some retarded discussions about skill-acquisition and efficient time management you guys are having.

The only thing that matters is whether you are getting something positive out of it. In that respect, I agree that the seem to be some people who force themselves to play these games(and competitive games in other genres) just because they think they have to. Some are kids that have bought into the hype and peer pressure, some are people like myself that didn't resize they stopped having fun years ago because they had invested so much time and money.

Some people get legit fun out of it, even if they ar frustrated most of the time. My cousin can be mad as hell with DOTA, but when he has those games where he can see the hard work giving a return on his investment, he is happy enough that it makes up for it.
>>
>>343887797

Game length.

Pretty much every significant problem with mobas and the community would be solved if games lasted a fraction of the time. People don't get mad in mobas JUST BECAUSE you suck or whatever, they get made because you are legitimately wasting an hour of their lives.
>>
>>343889573
>Why do boots exist. Why not just make everyone faster?
Because then that gives the option of buying different kinds of boots. They are unique and offer different advantages over others, and they have different move speeds, which is a way of keeping it balanced by function and price.
>>
File: 1465573137651.jpg (50 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1465573137651.jpg
50 KB, 469x463
>>343894407
when you´re not in high school anymore chances are grown ass people dont wanna be sitting in front on PC for 3 hours waiting for pixels to show animations.
social gaming is trash and i´d just rather hang out with friends live than touch any of this nerd shit.

enjoy your 400$ game accounts faggot looking at player models all year isnt getting you laid or a job
>>
>>343890293
I honestly can't figure out why Dota doesn't have a surrender option.

If all 5 players on a team decide that the game is lost, why can't they unanimously decide the give up and move onto the next game?
>>
File: 1449762047860.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1449762047860.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>>343895542
You're posting on 4chan.
>>
>>343887797
The matchmaking system that gives free wins and losses to balance itself and give everyone a fair amount of enjoyment.
I miss the times of quake 3 when 1 person could literally annihilate the whole map.

Also artificially prolonged games, again for the sake of fake entertainment.
>>
File: 1395586886872.png (108 KB, 204x212) Image search: [Google]
1395586886872.png
108 KB, 204x212
>>343895542
>normie stumbles onto a 4chan thread
>>
>>343895457

Paragon does everything idiots like you talk about "We can do without X"
And it sucks absolute shit as a game in it's fundamentals.

You seriously cannot shorten the game much like you cannot really shorten Battlefield competitive games without just making it a CoD clusterfuck.
It simply loses everything that makes it worthwhile, starting with the uncertainty in the outcome of the match by having something going on all the time that keeps players in the moment and less from thinking of the overall situation except for the designated leaders.
>>
>>343895940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9lU8tBz994
youre right, one man cant carry a game in ASSFAGGOTS at all.
>>
>>343891261
There's a level of appreciation for games that some people just don't understand, when it comes down to skill. In low MMR games, there must be a lot of down time and very little coordination, whereas in high skill games, there is so much going on by all team members at once, it can become very chaotic and provide quite a tense

I can tell you now, if you felt like you were bored at points throughout the games, and you had a lot of down time, you're playing the wrong heroes or playing the game incorrectly. You shouldn't have any downtime at all.
>>
>>343887924
nobody wants to get verbally abused on daily basis except some edgy sad 4chan cucks who are into masochism. you´re the nu-male if you had to be a small dicked cunt on entertainment services.
>>
File: lol.png (16 KB, 542x156) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
16 KB, 542x156
>>343887924
that's pretty much what's the MOBA community is
>>
Remember when Select (sc2 pro) switched to DotA 2 and was like 4,5k MMR?
>>
The fact that dota-clones exist as its own genre.

Dota is fine as its own game, but it doesn't warrent all the god damn copys it gets.

HON was fine because it was originally an updated dota santioned by icefrog, but then fucked it all up.

League was always bad, made by guinsoo and marketed by pendragon, who are both faggots.

Every other game is just a cash grab.
>>
>>343896147

>Pub match
>92 kills

Top Bait

Dota does allow an actual competitive level however with how if the enemy team just allows it strategically one person can become horrendously powerful. However that's also a problem with the current competitive scene in that I've seen many tournaments straight up ruined because comp teams will ONLY run one composition with a few substitutes for bans, and even if they lose starting off with a disadvantage they will NEVER attempt a mix-up.

Like the chinks who naturally only focus on the earnings not the sportsmanship. You get yourself sponsored for a chunk of your life before you inevitably lose your edge, but because its China everything boils down to maximum profiteering.
>>
>>343893240
>Okay, but what practical value does being good at a clickfest yield?
Why would you assume there needs to be a practical value?
You play this game for fun, to relax, to socialise.

And the better you get at it, the more fun you have.
>>
>>343896051

Paragon is fine. It's still finding its footing because it's in development and gets massive new meta patches literally every week, but it's still by far more worth playing than the retarded pseudo-RTS games with cringe and garish cartoony amateur artwork.
>>
>>343896404
And he got shit on super hard even in those 4k pub games. he just rused singsong and waga to get on the team.
>>
>>343896597

Spotted the retard.
Literally nothing about Paragon speaks high quality, not the engine that crashed for anyone with AMD for months on end nor the stupidly lethargic and accident-prone card system that feels like it's trying to change things up to be different but fails to capture the essence of ANY other game and as a result may as well just be a tech demo or psuedo korean action game.

For example they have a lot of ledges and verticality but you can only jump about a few inches without using an ability. And all the kits are relatively the same with mobility/damage/CC.
>>
>>343889573
Heroes of the storm seems to be the right game for you.
>>
>>343896435
He said one man cant carry, I was merely showing him that if you arent shit it can be done(albeit a very extreme example to make the point as clear as possible)
and for the record during the TI qualifiers this month there was something like 6 heroes who werent picked, and one of them was arc warden who isnt in captains mode yet.
>>
File: 1466863288296 - Kopia.jpg (125 KB, 452x430) Image search: [Google]
1466863288296 - Kopia.jpg
125 KB, 452x430
>>343895542
>have a fine job and lots of free time
>decide to play "daylight of salary 2" and grind a shitton while buing all the non-heist dlcs
>have fun with buddies
WOW
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
>>343889573
Tired of farming for items?
Hots was meant for someone like you.
>>
>>343897195

Apparently the previous few TIs had a similar high pick rate, but looking at entire Best Of match groupings I saw nothing to keep me hooked because they'd just go "40 minutes and we lost, time to pick the exact same heroes and lose again" over and over.
Like you can obviously tell there was one problematic element in the enemy team's strategy that secured their win, but let's not counter pick that at all. And it primarily seems to be because they thought their absolute best bet was to only play their one main and only their secondary if it was banned, not have a third or fourth (which shouldn't be that hard, Dota isn't THAT difficult) to try and shift the plan in your favour.
>>
>>343896858
>not the engine that crashed for anyone with AMD for months on end

Spotted the pleb. It's made for next-generation Nvidia GPUs and PS4. It is not for budget Pajeet toasters.

>nor the stupidly lethargic and accident-prone card system

I have never had an "accident" selecting cards. You are a cripple.

>For example they have a lot of ledges and verticality but you can only jump about a few inches without using an ability.

Jumping is for jukes, comboing with abilities, and body-blocking towers or other players.
>>
>>343896232
>shit talking in a game is 'verbal abuse'
way to prove him right
>>
>>343897538
Im not sure if this is bait, but im going to reply anyway; some teams do generally stick to the heroes they consider strongest, but the teams with the best drafters(secret/eg atm) tend to understand how to pick/ban effectively and play a lot of the roster of heroes pretty often, sure youll often see the FOTM heroes picked/banned often but youll also see counter picks or pocket strats just as often.
>>
I have been playing league for the past few months due to my normie friends wanting me to play it even though I have been shitting on it for years. While league does have waifus, the gameplay is just quite ass. to be honest, the only thing thats appealing in mobas is doing the long ass 40 minute matches in hopes that you arent placed with a shitty team and win. the grind of being placed with either a good or bad team so you can get that win and thats what keeps drawing people in. im soon realizing that games like this that require teamwork effort especially with random people are quite of a waste of time due to the varying amounts of skill. i prob should switch to fighting games...
>>
>>343890140
>But standing in lane going for last hits is such an archaic concept
games were pure PvE or pure PvP for a long time before dota came around so there's obviously some going for the half and half mix that dota has
>>
>>343895681
its a double edged sword, you don't have to sit through a losing game but the enemy doesn't get the satisfaction of winning
having played HoN with a surrender option I prefer it without
>>
File: 1364397598189.png (108 KB, 250x378) Image search: [Google]
1364397598189.png
108 KB, 250x378
>>343898035
>secret/eg

LUL
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>343890754
This guy's a dumbass lol
>so high rn so I csnt tell this fag how stupid his point is
[/spoiler]Lol greentext you in the ass by pussmeister[/spoiler]
>>
>>343898035
>secret/eg atm
do you mean six months ago?
>>
>>343898506
great post anon really informative, so who are better drafters than puppey/ppd then?
>>
>>343898464
>you don't have to sit through a losing game but the enemy doesn't get the satisfaction of winning
I know this. I hate getting a cheap, early win too.
Adding that to the argument then, if both teams aren't enjoying themselves, why can't the match be ended early, especially when the outcome is assured?
I can't figure out valve's reasoning for this.
>>
>>343899137
i think it's very rare when the outcome of a match is entirely decided, but the enemy cant push to win but just wants the match to be over and done with right now. everyone enjoys winning
>>
>>343898686
a drafters only as good as the rest of their team and both teams have been dogshit lately
>>
My biggest issue is the fact that one player can ruin the game and force me to suffer for 40 minutes, without being able to punish him instantly with votes from both teams, not being able to kick him out, rematch or leave myself without being punished. I'm forced to run around acting like I care till the game ends. The higher on the ladder the worse it gets. In other multiplayer games that's not a problem, you simply kick an idiot out and you're done. The game doesn't lock you in for 1 hour. You don't like something, you switch servers. Here you are forced to sit until the match ends.

The other problem - why can't I tell a retard that he is a retard. People who fail to add 1+1 or read descriptions of items and skills and draw conclusions are retards, period. Instead they are treated like snowflakes who can't handle a single bad word. I mean there was a point in LOL where people were getting banned for saying "GG EZ". There was a point where people where getting banned for using /taunt or /joke on lane to - guess what - TAUNT the enemy.
I had chat restriction for over 1k games.
Things got better in terms of being banned, but still the amount of retards is too much to have an enjoyable game. Maybe 1 out of 20 is a fair game without retards on any sides.
>>
>>343900272
you sound like exactly the type of person who needs to be muted
>>
>>343900619
>my point
I talk about people who ruin games by trolling and force other players to sit through 40 minute match and you jump out with a mute cause I called him a retard.
>>
>>343888168
>MUH WC3 Ladder

Yeah man, ladders and stuff. Did you wanna play a game people actually give a fuck about now?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.