[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming Inputs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: retard.jpg (12 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
12 KB, 300x233
>Says mouse is easier to use, controller is not accurate
>Turns around and says mouse takes more skill to use than a controller

Which is it you retard? Easier or more difficult?

Either way, I prefer the comfort of a controller in my hands.
>>
>>343887416
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>343887491
A few people I've had a controller vs mouse/keyboard debate with
>>
>>343887416
It doesn't fucking matter. Play what you're comfortable with.
>>
>>343887416
because controller setups get compensated by console games with auto-aim. In RDR for example you barely need to aim at all. You just press the button to ready your weapon and your character automatically snaps to any enemy that is barely in range of your rectangle.
>>
No one says it takes more skill to use, they say that it has a much higher skill ceiling which is true.
>>
In terms of FPS. It's more that mouse has a higher skill ceiling, you can only get so far with a controller before you reach the peak. That's why console FPS always have Aim Assist on default. Also, any reason why Keyboard and Mouse isn't supported on console FPS without thirdparty devices? Do devs not care enough to impliment it or is it some fucked rule Sony and Microsoft have in place? People buy fightsticks all the time for fighting games (PC included) same should be done for console FPS.
>>
Auto-aim or larger hitboxes for console games.
>>
mouse is better for FPS
trackball is better than mouse
lightguns are better than all the above if you can get them working in FPS
pad for fighting games(dat dpad)/most everything else
keys for MUDS/old rpgs and mmo's.

and touchscreen controls are shite for gaming.

if you disagree you probably haven't tried them all.
>>
>>343887416
A mouse allows for more precise input. The design will always be superior when compared to an analog stick. There is no debate.
>>
It's easier AND has a higher skill ceiling. That's not a contradiction.

It's not always better though. Try piloting a helicopter in GTA V with mouse/keyboard, jesus christ.
>>
>>343887416
Both are correct, doofus
A mouse is simple to use.
>move some hardware with your hand, a pointer on screen moves.

It also takes more skill to use
>move hardware slightly too much, pointer moves too far off-target
>>
>>343888154
So they can jew out their controller addons that add nothing to gameplay and claims to enhances skill. Like those plastics that attach on to thumbsticks that make it longer, looks pointless and they cost more then they should.
>>
>>343887416

Its called a skill ceiling anon.
>>
Mouse is easier to use and more accurate. It also has a higher skill ceiling and more variance between low and high level users. Plus, in a shooter when everyone is more accurate the comparative time to kill goes down.

What this means is that even though mouse is easier, PC has a higher level of competition, and the difference between good and bad players is clearer. So a mouse is easier to use, but makes it comparatively harder to rise to the top. As a side effect, players who are attracted to the competitive side of fps are going to gravitate towards PC, further widening the gap in level of competition. And efforts to make up for the input barrier in console fps, such as aim assist, go ahead and further level the playing field, so all this adds together for a fairly homogenous level of skill on console, while PC has players who are leaps and bounds above others.
>>
Pit a team of mouse players against a team of controller players in any FPS and see what happens.
>>
>>343889286
Any FPS? Any at all?
>>
>>343889481
Any FPS on PC, of course. No Keyboard and mouse on console, sadly.
>>
>>343887416
It's both, since controller-based games have heavy aim support.

Mouse is more accurate, but controller-based games are easier.
>>
Its not about difficulty, its about precision and skill ceiling.
Maybe you should play games with your feet and on a controller, that's the most HARD right ?
>>
You're fighting with the controller most of the time. Want a high sensitivity so you can react quickly to people behind you? Good luck aiming. Want low sensitivity so you can aim more carefully? Now it takes hours to look around you. Mouse is the perfect balance of quick, snappy movement and precice aiming.
>>
I tested this out with my wife on bioshock infinite. She does not play games much. She played it on both the Xbox 360 and pc.

She seemed to find the mouse easier to control and aim with. The mouse is more precise and has a minimum input lag. Played consoles my whole life.

I like a mouse for an fps and a controller for a platformer.
>>
>>343888110
>because controller setups get compensated by console games with auto-aim

It's called turning off the auto aim you bird brained retard.
>>
>>343888125
>they say that it has a much higher skill ceiling which is true

Wrong. If they say that, they don't actually know what a skill ceiling is.
>>
>>343887416
Accuracy and ease of use are not the same thing consolefag.
>>
>>343887416
>easier to use
>higher skill ceiling

It's both retard. Guess that's why you can't figure it out.
>>
>>343892613
Why would you do that? So you can handicap yourself? A keyboard/mouse combo is always going to be more accurate than a controller. If you're playing against other people who are using a controller, they're going to be using auto aim. Even if you can turn it off (which you can't some games, i.e. Destiny) you're just hurting yourself by doing so.

With a kb/m setup auto aim is unnecessary since the mouse is significantly easier to aim with. In fact, if would probably just be a pain in the ass and cause you to miss more shots than you make in a competitive environment.
>>
>>343887416

>OP demonstrates his excruciating retardation by being unable to differentiate between technical convenience and skill ceiling
>>
>>343893351
>Why would you do that? So you can handicap yourself?

If you ever played anything with autoaim and were actually competent with aiming with a thumbstick, you'd know that it's a huge pain in the ass.

>enemy runs in front of your reticle while you are shooting at somebody in the distance
>drags the reticle with him
>you miss

Just one example.

>if you're playing against people with autoaim

Doesn't matter much to me to be honest. Just get good and beat them anyway.

Besides, while the mouse will naturally trounce the controller in terms of aim, the controller trounces the mouse in terms of feedback, ie. rumble, the feeling of pulling a trigger, etc.

Even Ian Thorpe, one of the fastest human swimmers, is a complete cripple when compared to fish. But that doesn't mean that swimming feels hard to do, or feels particularly difficult.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.