[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come saying that vidya peaked with this console is automatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg (113 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg
113 KB, 1200x850
How come saying that vidya peaked with this console is automatically labeled as a nostalgiafag? It's true.

It doesn't mean all video games since have been bad. They've just been disappointing when compared to the SNES.
>>
>>343885179
Because its an opinion.
>>
Remorselessly limited in what you can achieve with it, it just seems a little contrarian of an opinion to be parading around unironically.
>>
>>343885179
Say one non-nintendo franchise that was born in the SNES and is still relevant 'til this day.
>>
>>343887570
Donkey Kong Country
>>
>>343887570
Maybe it wasnt "born" on the SNES, but Final Fantasy really skyrocketed on the console in terms of sales and quality
>>
File: ps2.jpg (72 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
ps2.jpg
72 KB, 1024x557
Because console gaming peaked with this t.bh
>>
Ps1 was better. Sorry its true. I was born in 84, my sister in 76 and I had every console growing up except the Sega Saturn. Ps1 was the best. Dreamcast is second. Super nintendo has really aged and if you really replay these games you'll see what i mean.
>>
>>343887869
Well duh, so did every franchise. Street Fighter, Metroid, Mega Man, Castlevania, Goemon etc

The real strength of the SNES was all the unique one-shot games, like Chrono trigger, Terranigma, ActRaiser, EVO etc
>>
>>343888160
ActRaiser has a sequel dumb dumb.
>>
>>343888273
It was very un-Actraiser. The sim is what makes Actraiser unique, after all.
>>
File: 1384474777963.jpg (56 KB, 652x720) Image search: [Google]
1384474777963.jpg
56 KB, 652x720
>>343888131
I replay games ranging from a myriad of different consoles and I can't see what you mean. I will say PS1 is better than N64 at least.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.