[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use walkthroughs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 14.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
Do you use walkthroughs?
>>
>>343877895
For VNs? You bet your ass I do.
>>
>>343877895

I usually do it to find any collectibles I missed in my first playthrough. Getting older means that I have less patience when it comes to finding 100 of X in a 40 hour game.

I also use a walkthrough when I realize that a game is mediocre but I've gone too far to just give up. It usually helps me to get through the rest further. Hector: Badge of Carnage has a lot of fun writing but the puzzles became too irritating for me by the end. Irritating, not hard.
>>
>>343878014
why
>>
File: Planet.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Planet.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>343877895
I usually check it to know if there is ending for the girl I want. I don't want to sink hours in VN to realize that best girl is just sub character.
>>
>>343878071

> further

Meant to say faster.
>>
>>343877895
Only on story focused puzzle-games, when the puzzle aspect is just secondary to the plot.
>>
>>343878014

Wait. What? Why?
>>
Yeah I do occasionally, just because if I don't I feel like I'm missing something (which may or may not end up being important).
For VNs almost always.
>>
File: 143569150599.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
143569150599.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Why aren't you as good at video games as him, /v/?
>>
>>343877895
Sometimes, depends on the game or how long I'm stuck on something. Like recently I was replaying Sonic CD trying to destroy all the Metal Sonic holograms & Wacky Workbench is hell to find anything in so I used one for that specific thing.
>>
>>343877895
I used the resident evil extensively to get through REmake. Some of the key items you get in the game are so ahead of their usefulness i never knew if I should run aimlessly aruond with them trying to find the place to fit them or if i should store everything in the box
>>
>>343878078
>>343878156
Longer VNs can take multiple days to complete a single route and worse still there are long VNs whose multiple routes only unlock if you do multiple playthroughs in a very specific order.

Ain't nobody got time to bruteforce that shit.
>>
>>343882057
that's exactly why i simply download a save file
>>
>>343882207
Disgusting.
>>
>>343878078
>>343878156
Try 100 percent YU-NO without outside assistance. Maybe not all of them but some are absolute horseshit locking you out of this and that. Sara has limited clicks, Stein gate gives you a bad end for not taking a call.
>>
>>343877895
I always play blind the first time. After that I'll usually try getting good endings for every route without referencing a guide, but if the choices seem random or I've had enough of that I'll use a guide.

i.e. definitely use walkthroughs for VNs like Everlasting Summer and Summer Radish Vacation 1.0, but you don't really need them for games like GnK and Katawa Shoujo.
>>
>>343882374
>YU-NO
Wasn't that released in 96, the era of strategy guides?
>>
>tfw no TWGOK game
>>
>>343883704
Good. the series turned to garbage during the goddess arc.

Worst girl won. I would've literally had preferred anyone else than fucking Chihiro.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.