[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is kind of a big deal Why would Sega pick these guys up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (549 KB, 828x956) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
549 KB, 828x956
This is kind of a big deal
Why would Sega pick these guys up?
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/endless_space_2/news/sega_acquires_endless_series_dev_amplitude_studios.html
>>
>>343871372
>Why would Sega pick these guys up?
Because they thought it would be a good investment.
>>
Sounds like they want to control the 4X market.
>>
The games are doing good and SEGA said they want to invest into PC more so getting more decent franchises under their belt is one way.
>>
>>343871372
You forgot to tell me if I should feel good or bad about it.
>>
>>343871709
Sega should just force Atlus to make PC ports of Persona series.
>>
While being kinda heavy on the DLC side with Creative Essembly and Warhammer titles SEGA is overall one of the best publishers when it comes to PC titles.

More budget and polishing for the Endless games is a good thing.
>>
>>343871372
Shheeiiit
>>
File: zPrIetr.jpg (111 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
zPrIetr.jpg
111 KB, 720x960
>>343871873
> Persona series.
>>
>>343871970
>More budget and polishing for the Endless games is a good thing.
And far less freedom.

It's a terrible thing really.
>>
>>343873295
niceme.me
>>
>>343873416
persona is indeed a meme serie.
>>
Just what I wanted in a promising new series, corporate meddling.
>>
holy shit, sega is trying to have total control of the rts market. nice
>>
>>343871372
It's about leeching off the reputation of success of smaller companies. That's how the megacorporations do it. You buy up a company with good reputation then you bleed it dry for profit. Once it's dead and hated, then you buy a new company and do the same.
>>
>>343875369
Not every game publisher is EA.
>>
So now it will have even more DLC, fan-fucking-tastic.

We're going to have to buy map settings and resources separately.
>>
>>343876575
Being 10% of Hitler would still get you arrested
>>
>>343871372
I wanna feel good about this, but I can't.
I guess that SEGA made an offer good enough that the owners felt giving up their independence and becoming another cog in a big corp worthwhile.
I'm just waiting for Larian Studios to be bought by EA now and I can finally give up on all hope.
>>
>>343878362
>Larian Studios to be bought by EA
>>
>>343871372

Too fucking bad honestly, I liked these guys.

Goodbye freedom.
>>
Fucking hell.

I actually liked the Endless games, albeit Legend more than Space.

I can't imagine Sega is going to be beneficial to this.
>>
>>343878635
I understand your fears anon.

To be fair though Total War:Warhammer ended up a lot better than expected and we are actually getting free DLC along the way.

It may not be as bad as we are expecting.
>>
>>343878362
At first I thought "how bad can SEGA be, after all they put out Homeworld Deserts of Kharak"
Then I remembered that while SEGA owns Relic, the Homeworld IP is owned by Gearbox, and I lost all hope.
Oh well. Endless Space 2 will be Denuvo shit I guess.
>>
>>343878775
>we are actually getting free DLC along the way.
yea, after that preorder Chaos DLC bullshit
>>
I dont know why you guys are shitting yourselves. sega as a publisher is pretty based. I dont know they are on pc but on xbox, game prices, sales and dlc support was always fair.
>>
>>343878804
Yes the Chaos thing was bullshit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.