[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is roleplaying only enjoyable if you're autistic? Especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: cover.png (107 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
107 KB, 411x411
Is roleplaying only enjoyable if you're autistic? Especially LARP or high-level RP.
>>
Or when you're young. I used to love it, but now I have no interest in it.
>>
Haha...I wonder what kind of autist would actually RP.
Th-that's just silly.
>>
I'm a storyteller at heart. I watch and read things for interesting stories. Creating your own stories is very fun and fulfilling, and using a rule system as a framework for the world you're making your story in is a facilitator, nothing less or more. Also you get to play an interesting game while making said story.
>>
>high level RP
What is that?
>>
Go on Tera if you want some high level autistic rp.
>>
>>343870514
Shit like Baystation 12
>>
Speaking as an autist LARPing is very boring.

You just stand around playing rock paper scissors. Come on.
>>
>>343869584
what album is this?
>>
>>343869584
Only? No. Alot more enjoyable? yes.
>>
>>343874416
Shh!
>>
>>343869584
I'd imagine it could be fun if you've got a funloving DM. I've only ever played with guys who want things to be taken seriously.

m8, I'm sitting at a table with dice pretending to be a dragon slaying barbarian, I don't want to be serious. I can't get into this shit.
>>
nah i just write text shit because i enjoy cute boyfriends doing cute things
>>>/y/2278371

rp begging post
>>
Pretty gay, bruv.

Used to play Ultima Online. Had a thriving RP scene but the shit was not to my taste.
>>
>>343869584
It's fun if you make a complete mockery out of it. I still remember the time me and a few friends chose black playermodels for DarkRP and formed a street gang.
One of us micspammed Fuck Da Police when we got arrested and when he got muted we complained to the cops about censoring our protest music. Fun times.
>>
>>343869584
/v/ is miles more autistic than /tg/ mate
Doing LARP or RP means that you actually have to talk with people and not be a complete autist, unlike vidya
>>
>>343874608
This

A mix of being into it while finding the brevity

DnD is actually pretty fun in scenarios like this, I remember playing a Crusader character (as in, DEUSVULTFUCKTHESARACENS style) and remember getting locked up in jail for rape, arson, and disturbing the peace. I broke out with a sharpened fragment of my inmate's skull and burned down the village in the name of God.
>>
>>343874832
>*snort* My character Gildemar the Soulslayer attempts to seduce the buxom wench.
>roll for seduction
>20! Looks like I've got some wank material tonight!
Yeah real well-adjusted people
>>
>>343874987

Bullshit roll. Your dice is rigged.
>>
File: LAUGHS.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHS.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>343874832
not even close
at least /v/ roleplayers have the self awareness to realize they're doing something lame as fuck
>>
>>343874987
>I'm sorry John, we don't want to play with your little brother again
>Oh come on, I know he's kind of autistic but he never see anyone! He's playing vidya all day!
>Well, it shows
>>
>>343874832
spoken like a true autist
>>
>>343874741
THIS. We'd always find ways in CityRP to fuck everyone, and RP bullshit our way out of it.
>>
File: LARPing properly.gif (1 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
LARPing properly.gif
1 MB, 2048x1366
>>343873839
The fuck? What shitty LARP system are you talking about? Get some boffer, man.
>>
I stopped at the age of 13, I found it too weird to pretend I'm an actual knight or something with people my age or, most of the time, older.
It was enjoyable though. I still make up little stories when playing solo vidya, so I guess I kept a little autismo with me
>>
>>343869584
It's extremely childish and lame, so yeah I guess autistic people would like it
>>
Professional LARPers are way cooler than professional gamers.
>>
>>343869584
It depends on the subject matter and veneer, I suppose. I loved acting and being in the theatre club in high school, and roleplaying unconventional characters (like illiterate housewives and greedy merchants) in my DM's games was an enjoyable substitute after I graduated.
>>
File: shippers.jpg (56 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
shippers.jpg
56 KB, 500x400
>>343876995
>PROFESSIONAL NERD HOBBIES
can't make this shit up
>>
>>343874416
Bowie Pop - QR
>>
>>343869584
i think it requires imagination, creativity and to not take yourself seriously. 4chan is all about being hitler-tier business when it comes to fun so yeah not with these guys.

the guys you are chatting with here do not get erotic roleplay in bed ever for a reason which that they are 100% unlikeable cunts.
>>
File: FFQa1OH.png (492 KB, 793x497) Image search: [Google]
FFQa1OH.png
492 KB, 793x497
>>343877364
>the guys you are chatting with here do not get erotic roleplay in bed ever for a reason which that they are 100% unlikeable cunts

>having a sex life so damaged that you have to pretend to be other people
>>
>>343877160
Don't you fucking dare insult my personal hero RDJ ever again or I will find you and /roll battle you to the imaginary death, faggot.
>>
>>343877593
what
>>
File: anon_soon.jpg (148 KB, 604x906) Image search: [Google]
anon_soon.jpg
148 KB, 604x906
>>343869584
>mfw I roleplay in every game I play (except for platformers)
>mfw I keep making up stories for my characters and their party companions if applicable
>mfw I sometimes roleplay myself when in new neighbourhood/city
>mfw I sometimes have pretend scientific dialogues with myself describing history or politics or whatever of places my roleplay characters would be from if they ever existed
>mfw I only ever score high on autismus Internet tests if I roleplay an autismo
>mfw my life's a big, fat mess but I'm too comfortable with it to change anything
>mfw I fear growing old but not very much because what could one do about it
>>
>>343877710
LARPing
>Dress up as a character
>Prance around pretending to be them for a while
>Go home and do lines of coke off your wife's ass

"""""Acting""""""
>Dress up as a character
>Prance around pretending to be them for a while
>Get paid for it for reasons
>Go pay underaged boys to let you do lines of coke off their asses
>>
File: GO HOME XENO GIRL.png (270 KB, 602x404) Image search: [Google]
GO HOME XENO GIRL.png
270 KB, 602x404
>>343873758
I play SS13 HRP
It's not that bad but I admit the admins are anal no matter which server you're on

I prefer playing tabletop with my friends though
>>
>>343877995
how do you enjoy it? they place so many restrictions on antags and crew that the game becomes super stale
>>
File: Flash_Thompson_US_01.png (251 KB, 434x446) Image search: [Google]
Flash_Thompson_US_01.png
251 KB, 434x446
>>343869584
Yes. Because imagination and creativity is obviously something only dweebs use.
>>
>>343878074
Maybe I'm just autistic or something but I like the slow pace that it sets. Antags aren't TOTALLY limited and if anything security is far more limited than they are. Hostage situations and stuff like that are actually viable too, since people usually won't just charge in guns blazing.

But like I said, I'm probably just autistic, and HRP servers definitely aren't for everyone.

Fuck Polaris though
>>
>>343869584
>autistic
Just say "nerd", like a normal person.
>>
I make a backstory for any character I make in a game with customization

I like to play DnD but its not like I can find a group. I used to RP on neverwinter nights but I didn't like the admins on the server I used to play on so I gave up eventually. long story short they had an in crowd, I wasn't in it. made for boring gameplay.

I still think LARP is nerdy as hell and is probably fags too scared to do fencing or something.

people IRL tell me i'm probably a bit autistic. not as much as this guy I know who is diagnosed, but a bit.
>>
>>343878553
>I still think LARP is nerdy as hell and is probably fags too scared to do fencing or something.
They have a lot in common with the people who do historical battle reenactments. A lot of the appeal is making your own gear. There's a lot of history buffs on the scene, who want to create accurate as fuck period equipment. I see the appeal.
>>
>>343869584
It's fun to pretend anon.
>>
>>343869584
No it's not. I'm autistic and I hate roleplay. It's stupid and illogical.
>>
>>343874608
having fun is hard, but atleast people could try
>>
File: 1295697100754.jpg (334 KB, 1205x721) Image search: [Google]
1295697100754.jpg
334 KB, 1205x721
Some guy I knew in highschool larps all the time. He's /fit/ as fuck as regularly bangs 7-8/10 the women he larps with.
>>
>>343879745
I'm not so sure we're talking about the same kind of roleplaying, buddy...

Actually, I can believe it as well. Alongside the fat nerdsters and hamplanets, there are some UNFAIRLY good-looking people who play tabletop RPGs and LARP... And then there's me who falls into neither camp.
>>
I like the idea of it. I don't have the patience to keep it up, sitting in chairs or spending long stretches of time babbling about insignificant ingame lore gets tedious after a while, but I respect people who do. The way I see it games are designed to entertain you and give you a sandbox to do as you please (even within linear games you can do speedruns, different difficulties, challenge runs etc) so you're just getting more for your money. If I got really into the lore of a multiplayer game I'd be tempted to give it a shot for fun, but another reason I haven't is because of the spergs who police everyone else and kick you for being inaccurate to the world. It's just a bit of fun.
>>
>>343879024
Sure, if you're autistic
>>
>>343875768
Why would you boffer when the SCA exists?
>>
>>343883314
No sign of a group in my area. I mean, there IS one in the country, but the travel time is a bit of a bastard. Plus, LARP is generally a bit cheaper.
>>
Roleplaying is so fucking cringeworthy man, if you MUST roleplay like a faggot make sure no girls hear about it or your reputation is fucked
>>
>>343886012
If a basic bitch can't handle you having a hobby that you enjoy, she can fuck right off. There's other girls.

Besides, really man? What are you, 16, worrying about your 'rep' like that?

And besides, who doesn't want to be a hero? Fuck man, you've never tried acting tacticool while playing an FPS, or have you never played an RPG in general? You've never read a book you've really fallen into and felt for the characters in? You've never wanted to be someone different, or in a different place or time? If you answered 'yes' to any of those, then congratulations; you've roleplayed.
>>
>>343869584
A group of people getting together once a week to do some DnD or whatever other roleplaying game you prefer? Totally acceptable, at least by nerd standards.

Some kids on a forum or chat or god forbid an MMO pretending they're their favorite anime/videogame characters? Completely autistic.
>>
>>343887254
>you'll never be this much of a massive faggot
Grokmar the Barbarian King (actually a 20 year old neckbeard with a weight problem) please go
>>
>>343886012
Check out this virgin.

A girl is what introduced me to roleplaying in the first place. It was one of those shitty fantasy RP forums.
>>
>>343888067
>20 year old
twenty-five
>neckbeard
shaved
>weight problem
Yeah, I'm underweight for my height (6ft3)

Oh and...
>Barbarian King
I play mages or paladins when I have the choice.

Wanna try again and this time NOT look like a moron? Or would you rather spend your time looking for your dignity and enough self-respect to not give a shit if doing something you like might make people you don't give a shit about think things about you that don't matter?
>>
>>343889025
You're the one who looks like a moron, you're a 25 year old man who still plays pretend, that is pretty sad if you ask me, would your parents be proud? I doubt it
>>
>>343879975
Roleplaying is completely social so whether it's good or the worst game ever will depend on the group you're with. Picking a good system is important, but the people you play with matter far more. I've been with great groups who really know how to make every scene and moment interesting and keep the ball rolling, with the DM maybe tugging you a bit when you need him to, while still giving you enough freedom. I've also had bad groups, with people trying to be the star of every scene, not letting others do their shit, all while the DM is like "ummm, so you're in this room now. What do you want to do?"
>>
So uhh... What about ERP guys?
>>
>>343889476
They're well aware of my hobby and yeah, they are proud actually.

Given that I've helped save at least three lives by talking people off ledges and help ACTUALLY autistic people move past the difficulties they were born with, to say nothing of the fact that I now write for money and am involved in a local political party.

Gee, it's almost like there's more to a person than just writing them off because of what they enjoy!

I mean come on man, what's your life like? Can you honestly say you're making anything of yourself? Are you even happy with your life?
>>
>>343889818
To be enjoyed solely as a private thing. Waving that shit around in public is disgraceful, but what you do on your own time, in private, is your own business.
>>
>>343869584
I'm not autistic and I enjoy RP
>>
>>343890098
Liar
>>
>>343890098
>I'm not autistic
Exactly the kind of thing an autist would say!
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.