[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is supposed to be the more "horror" part of Resident
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: resident-evil-hd.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-hd.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
This is supposed to be the more "horror" part of Resident Evil?

Because its fucking not. I remember people saying how they want RE to be back at being scary while this shit isn't even different from 4 or 5 in terms of spookines.
>>
>>343868147
>game ends
>it was all just a computer simulated virtual reality
Fuck you Capcom.
>>
>>343868147
Resident Evil 1 was a puzzle game with resource management. Resident Evil 4 and 5 are action games with virtually zero resource management.

They want SURVIVAL horror back, not just ooga booga spooky jumpscares
>>
>>343868672
>Resident Evil 1 was a puzzle game with resource management
Its also fucking boring as shit.

4 was literally the best that could happen to the series. It only needed a bit more of horror elements
>>
>>343868672
>Resident Evil 1 was a puzzle game with resource management

>Spend half of your playtime in the inventory and looking at door loading screens

I really dont know what people see in thsi game
>>
>>343868147
I don't want RE to be scary, I want it to be a fucking survival horror game and not an ACTION HORROR game
>>
>>343868772
>>343869053
I love the 15 year olds of /v/
>>
>>343868147
>>343868772
>REmake
>"not spooky"
>"boring"
I appreciate your feedback, but ultimately, OP is a faggot.
>>
>>343869303
It really isn't spooky.

7 beats it already in this area
>>
>>343869053
No one expects your approval, but at least for you to be capable to understand the difference.

It seems that you do. Good job.
>>
>>343868147

Define "horror" in your own words?

Jump scares?
The lack of ability to fight back?
Enemies that chase you constantly?

Please, indulge me/us senpai.
>>
>>343869084
>I want it to be a fucking survival horror game and not an ACTION HORROR game

Then find another franchise. The series has always had a strong action element to it.
>>
File: 86758743696.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
86758743696.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
Resident Evil was never scary, I can attest this because I'm a goddamn chicken who can't handle horror anything and yet was perfectly capable of playing them in my youth. Instead it was tense, atmospheric and knew how to give you a sense of urgency and have the weight of the plot and the world crushing down on you.

Anon is right, the puzzle elements heavily outweighted the action element. Combat was never the main draw [and how could it be, with the atrocious tank controls?], instead where the game shone, at least for me, was exploring interesting [and for the time beautiful, in a dilapidated sort of way] environments, finding items whose purpose you wasn't sure and documents that shed some light on the world around you, eventually finding your way to a secret basement of a hospital that housed a research facility full of holding tanks with monstrosities that could or could not ambush you at any moment, seeing how the crazy science of Umbrella was handled and how it all went to hell.
>>
>>343868147
>I WANT MY ROUNDHOUSE KICKS WAAAAHHHHH
>>
RE4 is one of the most over-rated games ever.
Dead Space took its good parts and did pretty much everything better.
>>
File: 1424450654685.jpg (138 KB, 1273x713) Image search: [Google]
1424450654685.jpg
138 KB, 1273x713
>>343868147

>while this shit isn't even different from 4 or 5 in terms of spookines

You're right there exactly the same
>>
>>343869874

It also had a strong survival element that has been gone since 5 (4 arguably still had a bit of it left).
>>
>>343871453
>4 arguably still had a bit of it left
>Killing enemies drops ammo, health and money
Neck yourself
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.