[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runescape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: hero03.jpg (529 KB, 1204x2428) Image search: [Google]
hero03.jpg
529 KB, 1204x2428
Thoughts on this game?
>>
Grand Exhange ruined it
>>
RS3 or RS2?
>>
I want off this ride
>>
>>343859278
play oldschool with us in a free private server, vscape
there's a general for it in /vg/
>>343860503
there's no GE either
>>
It's okay as just a time waster,
>>
>>343860686
and experience is awarded at 2.25x the normal rate, so the grind becomes much more reasonable
>>
File: 1439348828295.gif (476 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1439348828295.gif
476 KB, 188x174
Albion Online is the new runescape. It's pvp and clan wars without all the grinding. Try it out. It's in closed beta at the moment. Would have to pay $30 to get 3-5 months of access.
>no levels
>no classes
>stats and abilities are based of gear
>make your own gear
>higher level resources are in pvp areas
>in pvp you lose all items on death
>not a wow clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lgsGwclscY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6NVomWrrIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZqD3aJ9AQ
>>
It is a fantastic time-waster.

But didn't they recently introduce an EVE-Online esque thing where you're basically purchasing membership via the in-game market system?
That makes is so much more convenient, depending on what the membership costs.
>>
Console port when!?

DELETETHIS.jpg

PC wins again.
>>
>>343861024
What a shill.

That doesn't sound like Runescape at all. RS was all about leveling.
>>
>>343861024
how about the new runescape that's all about the questing and community interaction
>>
File: 1392664759923.gif (1 MB, 475x355) Image search: [Google]
1392664759923.gif
1 MB, 475x355
>>343861024
>new runescape
>no levels
>>
>>343859278

Whatever happened with that pig space monster that was going to destroy the world? I haven't kept up with runescape since the slayer skill was added.
>>
It was always bad, but when you were a kid you didn't notice how shitty the combat was, and how repetitive it is to train skills.
>>
>>343861683
nobody cared enough about it so jagex magic'd it into being killed by some literal who made out of anima mundi and blue jello
now they're gonna have you kill slisgay or something and introduce a cthulhu motherfucker that never existed up until this point
>>
File: 1467691150163.png (69 KB, 549x424) Image search: [Google]
1467691150163.png
69 KB, 549x424
>>343861827
huh, thats the opposite of what I thought they do. I actually thought they were going to do a "runescape cataclysm", using the pig thing to usher it in. I figured that if they were telling the truth about the world "changing forever" should the thing land then they would force it to happen even if players defeated it.

I guess it was the complete opposite, they were never going to do shit if people failed to kill it.
>>
If it's a new runescape, haven't touched it. If it's the old one, I played it for probably 30 minutes and dropped it. RO is a much better game.

Yes I'll fite u faget.
>>
>>343862204
at the start of the event Tuska was winning easily till Jagex nerfed it and gave player's landslide victory
>>
>>343862204
You think their unpaid interns are going to go and remake the majority of the map?
Fuck no, they're busy making more armor sets to sell as cosmetics instead of actual content and looking up the hottest memes to inject into quests.

They kinda did that world changing thing with the world event where sarafags and zamorakfags duked it out and put some useless craters where there'd normally be lumbridge's forest. This impacted all of a few yew bots.
With the one where Bandos fucking dies and you have another thing added to the mountain of undeniable proof that their writers are chimpanzees and/or immigrants at typewriters they just plopped his head down at the goblin village and called it a day.
>>
>>343861024

What's this like? Seems interesting.
>>
i used to love this game, but somehow OSRS isn't the same as RS2
>>
>>343862467
Nobody wanted to play the tedious minigame every day, so Tuska was winning, so instead they introduced falling artefacts that you could hand into the portal on Tuska's back for exp, which would damage it.
Of course, the players love free exp so from that point on Tuska never won.
>>
>>343862890
it might be the grand exchange or the easyscape qol stuff or the new bosses or the community or you just grew up
>>
>>343862976

Also, the whole team aspect was ruined by the godless.

Also 3/6 sig heroes got killed off.
>>
>>343861024
>no levels
>no classes
>stats and abilities are based of gear
Holy shit.
I loved this game but didnt know this.
Fucking dropped. That is the whole reason RPGs exists ye faggit.
>>
WHO WITNESS 666 HERE??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0y2huQoOnw
>>
File: 1445481282164.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445481282164.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>343862996
>or you just grew up
>>
>https://albiononline.com/en/shop/premium

nvm
>>
>>343862204

They killed the pig monster and it's back opened a portal to a new world and they used it to introduce raids. They killed it because that was the point of it, everyone work together to kill it
>>
>>343863142
>Also 3/6 sig heroes got killed off.
Makes you wonder why they made them when they're just unlikable shoehorned plot devices to carry quests.
Kinda reminds me of the orange haired sue from that pillar in the wound quest more than Zanik, who I assume they were trying to copy.
>>
>>343863142
3/6? The fuck? Raptor Owen Ozan Linza Old Lady Ariane. Only 2 are dead, Xenia and Linza
>>
>>343861132
10 mil for 2 weeks of membership, the real life cost is like $6
>>
>>343861024
>pay $30 to get 3-5 months of access
>for a fucking browser game

yeah, nah.
>>
>>343863870

C++ download now, Browser mode is almost hidden

Still eats time like galactus eats anything
>>
>>343863708
Owen is kind of deadbutnotreally.
>>
>>343864068
He's dead like Superman is dead
>>
>>343862606
I guess I just never really stopped to consider the status of the company. Runescape had a short presence in my life, I stopped playing around the time slayer and some other skill was introduced back in old runescape and I never really made it far. I remember grinding my agility or whatever stat let you take short cuts in a pirate maze, and crafting runes because I didn't know that npcs sold them for cheap. I also renumber trying to go into the wilderness to find the chaos rune circle and getting killed.

I only know about the pig because there was a thread on it. I was intrigued by the notion that they were going to change or not change the game based on whether or not they killed the pig. Sad to heard they lied.

>>343863487
>They killed it because that was the point
They made it look like sort of a "vote with your community" sort of thing, change or don't change.
>>
Runescape started to die in 2007.
Imho the worst patch was the grand exchange. Took away all that fun in scavenging your pursaches or selling.
I mean you could fucking see people in varrock/fallador EVERYWHERE spamming your shit screen full with colors and flashes. It felt so fucking alive,
It also crippled the economy since everything went extremly cheaper. And runescape was definitely one of the hardest online games to get items.
It literally died from there since like 1 week later? they also removed wilderness.
>>
>>343864447

It was advertised as "Oh no unite to save the world oh noooo" and everyone knew they wouldn't end the fucking game because people didn't want to do a minigame thing
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.