[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>enjoyed and rarely took breaks during 7 & 8 >find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Final-Fantasy-IX.jpg (129 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-IX.jpg
129 KB, 1000x663
>enjoyed and rarely took breaks during 7 & 8
>find myself dread for the next kupo to save game and exit
What gives? Isn't this supposed to be the best of the PS1 Trilogy? What must I do to truly enjoy this game compared to the rest?
>>
>>343850392
Dont play it if you dont like it. We've all got our personal tastes. I thought ff8 was shit, but I loved 7 and 9.
>>
>>343850392
>What must I do to truly enjoy this game compared to the rest?

Get good taste in games.
>>
You must be fucked in the head to enjoy 8 but not 9, nothing can fix that sadly
>>
I liked 7 and 9

but trudged through 8

junction a shit
>>
>>343850392
9 is a meme. 7 and 8 are indeed the better games.
>>
>>343850887
I don't know about that. I'm at the part where they're on the ship and the queen tells the soldier of her plans to behead her daughter. It's more of a personal complaint that I find myself as engaged in the story as I do the others. Sure I find the characters and world are nice to explore, but it doesn't compel me enough to become excited to play it like I previously felt
>>
File: FINAL FURSHIT.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2884) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FURSHIT.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2884
meme game only cherished and hailed by faux purists and furries
>>
What should I expect from IX? I've played and liked IV, V, X, and to a certain extent XIII; did not like VII, and haven't played the rest.
>>
>>343851360
Hard to say

Imagine 4 but much more developed with a far better aesthetic
>>
File: 1455937335814.jpg (20 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
1455937335814.jpg
20 KB, 328x396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJVOBGK6W1s

This game is completely ruined by one thing and one thing only; the thirteen fucking second loading and animation pan for every fucking random battle. This got annoying less than ten minutes in, and by the time I got to the overworld exiting the village I was already bored to tears of watching it. Also probably the worst random battle theme in the entire series, with VIII being a close second.
>>
>>343851261
Not the guy you're replying to, but I have to respect you for not just shitposting and actually explaining your stance.
>>
>>343850658
This desu
>>
>>343851821
Yeah this

Thank god pc version fixes it
>>
>>343852113
This is a discussion board after all. There's no point in shit flinging about which console is the best. I've always heard that 9 was the best and the main theme compelled me to try it out. It's so beautiful to hear, even 8 although the lyrics are simpleholds a special spot in my heart. When Squall descends into space, willing to risk his life for Rinoa, it truly helps the moment with the emotional violins and great bands performance. If you consider the vocals as a background instrument, the song is lovely to listen to. Even the ending version is more beautiful and more subtle with its instruments.
>>
>>343850392
>What must I do to truly enjoy this game compared to the rest?
play it.
>>
>>343851821
>VIII second worst random battle theme
>not III or XIII
>>
7 is overrated as fuck
>>
>>343851351
You must be awful to be around.
>>
>>343851351
but a major part of the game revolves around furshits being eradicated.
>>
File: 1384237906856.jpg (634 KB, 1268x867) Image search: [Google]
1384237906856.jpg
634 KB, 1268x867
>>343852682
9 is really great at fleshing out most of it's characters, the music is phenomenal, and the games exploration of themes like being forgotten, life and death, and purpose make it a really fun and interesting game to me.

That being said, it is not without it's flaws (the devs seem to have forgotten after disc 1 that Freya exists and why is Amarant even there?), but I think if you can try to get more interested in the characters and their struggles (the intro "video" with the title cards and their faces kind of introduces these internal battles) then you'll enjoy the game a lot more. It's not like it's 2deep4u shit that's going on there, but it makes the story much more interesting.
>>
>>343850392
Maybe you just like sci-fi better than fantasy.
>>
>>343853423
hmm, thanks. I'll try looking at the intro video again. Hopefully that will help things. or just watch the trailer on steam, that works too
>>
>>343853217
>>343853297
don't respond to tired old bait.
>>
>>343850392
9 is fav of the 1-9
9 is great
if you don't like it I don't know what to tell you
play 10 or something? 10 was good too.
Don't force yourself to play 9 if you don't like it though bro...gosh
>>
IX is only lauded on /v/ by shit tasters. You basically got meme'd on.
>>
I'm not touching this game till they remake it in 10 years.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.