[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fighting MOnsoon >Revengeance mode >million tries >finally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: MonsoonI4.png (563 KB, 933x769) Image search: [Google]
MonsoonI4.png
563 KB, 933x769
>fighting MOnsoon
>Revengeance mode
>million tries
>finally, took no damage
>"No damage" Bonus doesn't pop up
>B Rank
What the fuck is this shit? I literally took NO damage, and the game just decided to not give me the No Damage bonuts, what in fucking hell is this bullshit? I've been at this all day.
>>
>>343850346
are you absolutely sure

when Moonsoon's drops fog grenades they do 0.02 damage and that might have canceled no dmg bonus

and then you did something that replenished your HP (not sure about MGR but in Bayo perfect parries give you health) and it covered it up back to 100%
>>
>>343850346
I THINK you also have to do a certain amount of combos/slashes to get the rank.
It was like that for revengeance armstrong s rank.
>>
>>343850651
I'm 200% sure, I know when I take damage if the grenade hits. I have Auto Paste on just so I don't die and have my whole saved fucked, but I retried everytime I took damage.
>>
>>343850674
No man, I didn't get the no damage Rank.
Fuck, I cheesed him and did EXACTLY what this guy did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoJGhttuwIQ
Still no bonus, I'm reading it's bugged
>>
>>343850674
combo requirement is not really a problem (for Armstrong you can just dodge-weave through all his attacks even without ripper mode super slo-mo achieving 100+ naturally)

on Moonsoon RV mode time is the biggest source of S-rank fail would be time because of his fog QTE and his sai spam attack which both take too much time
>>
>>343848808
Is this you?
>>
>>343851398
Yeah, thought that it was already archived.
>>
>>343850816
okay then

what is your goal here?

if you want to just get S-rank -- you don't necessarily have to aim for No damage bonus. Because MGR is kinda fucked in terms of defence options with Raiden being so slow and clumsy and camera being shitfest it is, No DMG bonus is more like crutch rather than a requirement unlike in other game where main character is nimble and dodging everything is actually a vaiable proposition.

To get S-rank on Moonsoon -- you need:

a) battle points -- which you can get by 1) collecting shit that drops from cut helicopter with full health -- it can't heal you so it just goes into BP 2) doing strings of hits after that combo expires you get BP that is more or less that same as number of hits -- spam polearm to reach 30+ values

b) time -- is the biggest issue because Moonsoon jumps off to do helicopter thing at certain points of his HP and that takes a lot of time. There are two skips 1) forcing perfect parry on Moonsoon RV which is EXTREMELY tricky -- i only did it maybe two times and first time i did it by chance 2) 40% skip: when you get Moonsoon to 40% and he's about to do yet another helicopter throwing QTE at certain moment you can throw grenade making his HP 39.99% and so he skips that QTE

if you want to get "take no damage on certain boss" ahievement -- then you can them on Hard.
>>
>there have been a total of 5 MGR threads today
I wish that meant a new game.
>>
>>343848808
>I'm on his last volley in Revengeance mode, the volley always fucking gets me and fuck my No damage fight.
just spam stick motion toward moonsoon and light sword button

that's literally it
>>
You probably died at hit restart at some point. Dying autosaves, which both destroys your time bonus and makes it so you can't get the no damage bonus.

It's REALLY stupid. Definitely my biggest complaint with this otherwise excellent game.
>>
>>343852158
>>343852467
I'll take that into account next playthrough
>>
>>343852746
Yeah, I think that might be it, though I'm pretty sure I didn't die cause I had auto nano pastes.
I'm pretty demotivated, so fuck MGR:R for the time being.
>>
>>343852746
yeah that must have been it

when you die and and hit "restart" time you spent before dying adds up and obviously this forfeits nodmg bonus

usually when you take any damage you press start and press restart from there (in other platinum games you kinda have to do it from backdoor but MGR has restart function right there in start menu)

that is also how you do no death playthrough in vanquish

>>343852803
keep at it

i did "Stormbringer" (all S-ranks on RV) just last Sunday myself

i originally wanted to make it all lvl 1 sword playthrough, but i found out it is beyond my abilities on Mistral (polearm is absolutely required to clear out the field of pesky tripods).
>>
>>343853286
>>343852746
that's why you make copies of your saves

when you reach every boss -- set your weapons/items, ask Courtney to save, then go to title menu, copy it and ONLY then actually start to fight the boss proper
>>
>>343854257
I'll write that down, thanks.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.