[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When can we stop pretending this isn't one of the best multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10
File: Halo_Guardians.png (133 KB, 275x350) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Guardians.png
133 KB, 275x350
When can we stop pretending this isn't one of the best multiplayer games ever made?

>inb4 duhr duhr sprint is bad
>>
duhr duhr sprint is bad
>>
>>343841035
It stopped being good when they stopped doing Halo MP and tried doing Call Of Halo MP instead.
>>
File: 20000000cr.jpg (12 KB, 274x247) Image search: [Google]
20000000cr.jpg
12 KB, 274x247
>next halo implied to be both windows 10 and xbone releases
>halo restored to halo 3 levels of fun

get in while you can faggots
>>
>>343841183
>Call of halo mp

How? Its equal starts, no ordinance drops, sprint isn't a get out of jail free card. The spartan abilities are not annoying compared to reach or 4. Only thing cod like is the cosmetic ads. Which doesn't matter since most of the classic weapons don't have them.
>>
>ads
>sprinting
>terrible map design
>good Halo game
>>
>>343841183
Fuck you. Ive been an fps fan since q3a (im young). COD its boring but H5 has a bunch of mechanics that really set it apart as a controller based shooter in my opinion
>>
Ye multi is great, which is why you don't see fgts on /v/ shitting on it as often.
>>
>>343841567
But I have ps4 so it sucks
>>
>>343841035
It's perfectly fine by it's own merits, but as a Halo game, it's shit.
>>
>>343841567
The entire point of Halo MP is that it was Halo MP. It lost any identity it had when they started slowly adding COD shit to it in order to pander to the lowest common denominator.

Halo Reach was as good as it got, now kindly fuck off back to your "Best multiplayer game ever made"
>>
File: 1414304539407.png (684 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1414304539407.png
684 KB, 740x740
>>343842089
>Halo Reach was as good as it got,

>reachfags
>>
>>343841871
>any Halo game
>good
>>
File: brandon3.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
brandon3.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>343841871
>>
>>343841035
It locks multiplayer behind a paywall, so no. On principle.
>>
>>343842179
Nah, if anything I hold Hal 3 as the best Halo MP, but I'm not gonna deny that Reach was still fun.

That being said, it was also the rise of the "Let's add this in cause Call of Duty does it" way of thinking.
>>
>>343842089
Halo MP was never good. It was arena shooting with the excuse that it was on console. At least 5 is its own thing
>>
Let's be honest, Halo 2/3 had some of the best competitive multi-player in gaming history.
>BR-BR-BR-Headshot
>>
>>343842089
>Reach good

Top kek. Yeah good at ruining a community and making blind idiots buy into another bungie ponzie scheme "Destiny"
>>
>>343841183
Literally the only time it came close was H4, and even then you can't really make the comparison to CoD. Eat your own dick, memester.

>>343842089
That was literally the game which introduced loadouts.

>>343842316
It doesn't, unless you mean how almost every Xbox game requires gold.

>>343841871
> ADS
Literally no different from previous games. Guns have always shot in tighter spreads when scoped, it's just that you don't have to do it in order to be effective.

> sprinting
Welp.
>>
>>343842556
>Literally no different from previous games. Guns have always shot in tighter spreads when scoped, it's just that you don't have to do it in order to be effective.
This is false. Every gun has a scope now. Even the sword.
This is absolutely different from previous titles, which had scopes only on certain weapons.
>>
>>343842089
>it had when they started slowly adding COD shit to it in order to pander to the lowest common denominator.

And the post you responded to just fucking explained that all the CoD shit that was added in 4 is gone in 5.

Are you illiterate?

>>343841871
>>343842679
It's true that it's different in that all guns have it, but in terms of the mechanics of it and how it impacts gameplay, it's far more in line with zoom then ADS: Your movement speed is unaffected by it, unlike ADS, and like zoom; Your guns are accurate without utilizing it, unlike ADS, like zoom, etc

It's essentially just zoom, but also on autos to make them more useful, though to be honest the automatics in halo 5 are already accurate enough that you can engage at medium range with burst firing fine without using it
>>
>>343841035
Hey it's the second worst Halo.
>>
>>343842556
>unless you mean how almost every Xbox game requires gold.
Yes, that's exactly how I mean. Past Halo games at least had local multiplayer.
>>
Warzone is honestly some of the most fun I've had in a game in a while. They better keep it in the next Halo and that Halo better be on PC as well.
>>
Ok WE will admit it. It's good.
>>
>>343842967
>It's true that it's different in that all guns have it, but in terms of the mechanics of it and how it impacts gameplay, it's far more in line with zoom then ADS: Your movement speed is unaffected by it, unlike ADS, and like zoom; Your guns are accurate without utilizing it, unlike ADS, like zoom, etc
You say this like CoD invented ADS and games before it with ADS didn't keep movement speed.
>It's essentially just zoom, but also on autos to make them more useful, though to be honest the automatics in halo 5 are already accurate enough that you can engage at medium range with burst firing fine without using it
It's still ADS, and significantly different from Halo's zoom because zoom was limited in terms of what guns can use it. ADS is a system to be used with every gun.
>>
>>343842679
The sword has a different stance to hold in to lunge farther but it reduces movement speed. Yes all the weapons have a smartscope but its cosmetic, only to appeal mainstream who thought reticle all over the screen was an archaic mechanic.

Halo 5 went back to basics, spartan abilities are rarely used as they a huge punishment if they fail or are mis timed. Arena is a hellbent ranking system aswell.

Game is not for casuals as they will get shit on.
>>
I think a lot of people assume Halo 5 is bad because nobody bought an Xbone and Halo 4 was shit, so they assume 5 is like 4 because 5 isn't like 3.
>>
>>343842379
Warzone firefight and Forge is the only thing of value in there

Normal Warzone has atrocious balancing, with the vanilla maps being awful and Arena is aids with all the damn weapon pickups
>>
>>343843442
5 is what 4 should've been, its pretty much where I thought it would go after 3 but instead we got reach.
>>
>>343843251
You can play Halo 5 online without a Gold account, bud. Multiplayer, even, not just co-op.
>>
>>343843542
>weapon pickups

In halo? You don't say. Its not like the maps have never had multiple power weapon spots to hold ground for or anything.
>>
>>343842089
>Complaining about CoD shit
>Halo Reach was as good as it got

HAHAHAH
A
H
A

HA

My fucking sides
>>
>>343843719
Halo 5 has way to many which is the point, you can't just have an AR fight anymore because there are always 8+ pickups per map and most are power weapons
>>
>>343843275
I just wrote up a long post replying to this but I lost it thanks to accidentally hitting the back button, and i'm not retypeing that shit out

the tl;dr is that smart scope in 5 doesn't make the gameplay feel less like halo, and using the feature the same way you would in CoD, BF, CS, or any other dissimilar shooter will get you killed in H5, and using it like zoom in past games is how it's meant to be used and is what will get you the best results.

As such, I don't see the validity in complaining about it's presence, besides the arguement that the holographic shit is more visually cluttered then the way zoom was shown in past games, which I'd agree with on some guns.

>>343843875
That's bullshit, though, the AR is actually a viable gun in halo 5: Not only is it good up close and actually has a better potential killtime then many precision weapons, but it's also usable out to long distances if you burst.
>>
>>343843694
Seriously? Well that's less cancerous I guess.

Still shitty that what once required 1 Xbox, 1 game, 1 TV, and 0 internet connections now requires 2 of each.

So still cancer and shitty on principle. Just much less so than I thought before.
>>
>>343843360
>Yes all the weapons have a smartscope but its cosmetic
They're proven to reduce spread. It's not cosmetic.
>Halo 5 went back to basics, spartan abilities are rarely used as they a huge punishment if they fail or are mis timed. Arena is a hellbent ranking system aswell.
I didn't know basics meant "add in that stuff Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 had" like sprint, boost, clamber, sliding, etc. And the arena ranking system is agreed to be retarded by both bronze's and champions.
>Game is not for casuals as they will get shit on.
Says the gold player.
>>
>>343843875
No one wants to have an ar fight, its a basic bitch weapon to lead you in for either popping shields or holding out till you get a better pickup even then you should use a pistol.
>>
How has nobody copied Warzone in another game yet? It's fun, I just want to play it on a mouse and keyboard and at 1440p/60fps. You'd think other devs would be rushing to copy something that's genuinely good, especially when they've already proven it can make the devs a lot of money with the micro transactions.....
>>
>>343844098
>cod created this first

Sure thing bud

>gold player
D5 thanks
>>
>>343844072
It requires gold, I just checked.
>>
>>343844030
>>343844114
Maybe its just the more competitive feel that makes everyone such a huge homo and rush power weapons rather than a few

I was always getting killed by niggers using shotguns and rocket launchers or people being faggots and getting me across the map with a BR/DMR

Couldn't do a damn thing because everyone either had a one shot weapon or had a weapon that did better DPS at that range and it sucked massive donkey dick
>>
>>343844347
>reading comprehension
>>
>>343844569
False alarm, then. Game's shit.
>>
>>343844587
Git gud with the pistol
>>
>>343845084
I'll just stick to Warzone Firefight
>>
lol if halo 5 was ported to pc, albeit without the aim assist and the magnetism mechanic, it would be highly praised
>>
>>343846020
Because Halo 5 is a decent shooter, people don't like it because instead of being a Halo game it takes a bunch of shit from other games and puts a spin on it
>>
>>343847732
It's the most halo feeling halo game since halo 2.
>>
>>343847938
It's really not. The game is fine but you are kidding yourself if you think it plays similar to Halo 2 and 3
>>
Sprint and the boosters are a great git gud filter. If you try playing like CoD sprinting and boosting everywhere you'll get your shit pushed in by the people who play Halo like Halo and realize that
A) The walking speed is fine for most situations
B) The time between stopping a sprint and being able to aim and fire your weapon can and will fuck you over if someone gets the drop on you while you are sprinting
Once I started viewing sprint, ADS and boost as situational tools and not obligatory things to get from point A to point B or to fight I had a lot more fun and did better.
>>
anybody who whines about the codification of halo has not played 5. 5 is more like an arena shooter than any other game in the series. everyone starts equal
>>
>Console exclusive is shit
>The second it arrives on pc
>Haha thanks for beta testing faggots best game ever fucking losers can't forge with mouse and keyboard.

Never change
>>
>>343841035
>no forge on launch
>no btb on launch
>no splitscreen
>no lan
>aim down sights
>sprint
>spartan abilities
>shitty campaign
>sjw influences in campaign

Nothing about the game is good.
>>
>>343841035
As soon as Bungie shills come to the realization that ODST & Reach weren't good.
>>
File: drrakelbling.png (193 KB, 393x371) Image search: [Google]
drrakelbling.png
193 KB, 393x371
warzone firefight is good, but goddamn teammates suck, fucking win percentage is like 1/3. Lost a game in round 1 zozzle, people dont understand you dont need to kill everything

I can't wait for Halo 6 in 1440p
>>
>>343848526
>>sjw influences in campaign
I was going to call you out for being fucking retarded, but you already did it for me
>>
>>343848526
Literally the only SJW thing is there's one comment during the campaign (Swords of Sanhelios) about how the Arbiter allowed women into the army when Sangheli are traditionally male dominated.
>>
>>343848726
They even have big boob, big ass naked Halo 4 Cortana appear in the game's opening in Halsey's lab. So I really don't know where this SJW shit is coming from.
>>
>>343848726
not that guy but >GIRLS CAN BE ELITE COMMANDERS 2! was fucking stupid and made 0 sense
>>
>>343848526
>forge now, and it's the best it's ever been
>btb now
>sights do nothing on the majority of weapons
>>
>>343848632
Reach was good. ODST was mediocre.
>>
>>343849015
Reach was not good.
>>
>>343849015
They both were shit. You could literally tell Bungie was done with this franchise because none of the effort they put in the Halo Trilogy showed up in those games.
>>
>>343849196
Reach had more content than 3 tho
>>
>>343849332
More content doesn't mean better game. The only thing Reach got right was Forge.
>>
>>343841035
I won't say that sprint is bad but I will say that it is pretty pointless.
All of the maps have to be made bigger to compensate for sprints existence but if you think about it this makes sprint pointless since you aren't actually getting anywhere faster, you just have the illusion of getting somewhere faster.
No grated halo 5 does try to get around this by having it so you can't regenerate shields while sprinting, in an attempt to make it in to a risk vs reward situation. I'm not sure if it works or not but its something you have to be conscious of at least.
I'm willing to bet that if sprint was removed, and the maps were scaled down to compensate for it, that almost nobody would actually miss it.
>>
>>343848109
I think it feels pretty damn close to 2, more then 3 did in a lot of ways.

There's a similar sense of verticality that 3 lacked, there's a large focus on competive 4v4 MP, like with 2, the movement reminds me of 2, the accuracy of the weapons, the pace of matches, etc, just in general the gameplay and design philosophy reminds

>>343848526
>ads
see
>>343844030
>>343842967

>>343849196
>>343849112
>>343849015
>>343849505
>there are people who have their heads stuck so far up their ass and get butthurt over such small problems in games that they think any of the halo games are worse then an 8/10
>>
>>343849636
>small problems
>>
>>343849636
>I can't defend the fact that Bungie's last two Halo games were shit.
I think the only one who has their head shoved so far up his ass is you anon.
>>
>>343849878
I don't have to defend why I like something, you have to come up with reasons why something is bad.
>>
>>343849669
CE, 2, and 3 I would argue all have way more problems, and of a greater severity, then Reach and especially ODST do. In fact, the only real flaw ODST has is the fact it was 60$ instead of 40$.

>>343849878
I don't really think they need defending. What are your issues with them?
>>
I just got it on sale.
Anyone interested in playing when it finishes or whatever?

Trying to get some friends on the xboner.
>>
Halo Wars
> ensemble studios nails the design
> new vehicles they invented look true to Bungie's design
> only a few inconsistencies

Halo Wars 2
> everything looks like plastic
> returning vehicles re-designed
> they are unrecognizable, look generic and do not stay true to Bungie's vision

Why does 343i flop so hard with design
> for more, please see Halo 4 and 5 as examples.
>>
>>343850031
For ODST Bungie lied about it being. Stealth game and it still felt like you were playing Chief. You were even more durable than Chief yet you can't duel wield or use human made Equipments. The open hub was empty, it was too dark, it looked washed out during the day because of film grain. It was too short and boring, the characters sucked it was over priced with no Matchmaking for Firefight and was used to try to force people to get Halo 3's final map pack. For Reach I will have to make another post for because that list is long.
>>
>>343850031
Here is Reach
>terrible campaign
>shit story
>no plot
>breaks canon to exist
>tries to use nostalgia to make up for bad level design
>shit character development
>return to battlefield or die
>shit mp maps
>mp maps reused from campaign
>other mp maps are in Forge World
>shit ranking
>ranking can only be seen on Bungie.net
>grind to rank up
>get new armor by grinding
>most of the weapon sandbox was shit
>cardboard vehicles
>slow ass based movement speed
>low ass jump height
>bloom on every weapon
>armor abilities
>loadouts
>nuke grenades
>sword block with any weapon
>broken melee
>shit health system that was nothing like CE
>motion blur causing ghosting
>film grain filter
>desatuarated color palette
>on-rails shooting
>MAC gun
>cock teases
>shit replacements to covenant weapons
>the removal of Brute weapons and vehicles
>gimped theater
>arcade Firefight
>only two grenade types
>only being able to carry two grenades with only two grenade types
>gimped Elite customization
>Elites are only playable in modes that are made for them (Elite Slayer, Invasion)
>Forge World is gray
>ally AI is the most retarded in the entire series
>no bleedthrough
>boring as fuck
>no "Halo" epic moments
>doesn't feel like Halo
>replacing flashlight with night vision
>enemy AI have six-sense
>shit spawn systems
>no skull searching in campaign
>no power ups on maps
>>
>>343850389
See>>343850513 and >>343850668
>>
>>343850668
>not knowing how to dodge grenades
>not knowing how to hit people with the sword
>wanting grenade spam
git gud

>motion blur
>film grain
Never noticed it
>>
Has anyone else been playing the new Firefight mode in Halo 5? Some waves are retardedly difficult.
>>
>>343850860
>being a Reachfag
>>
>>343850958
>being bad at video games
>>
File: 7826244629283.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
7826244629283.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>343850864
Lol, defend this with level 2 REQ's you mong

t. 343 Industries
>>
Sam died for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 960x960
>>343841035
>Halo
>one of the best multiplayer games
Yeah if you're literally 10.
>>
File: 1467407863084.jpg (177 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1467407863084.jpg
177 KB, 450x600
>/v/ told me halo 5 is shit
>free halo 5 week comes out
>why the fuck not. I'll download and and delete the turd after a hour
>dat multiplayer
>dat forge
>dat overall good gameplay
Why did you lie to me /v/?given the story is shit but the overall is fun as fuck. I'm starting to think the 343 fags are right when they say /v/ is filled with salty bungie fags and halo 3 babys.
>>
>>343851689
You shouldn't listen to /v/ in the first place it's filled with Bungie shills who actively defend ODST and Reach (the two worst Halo games) and ignores the things 343 actually did right.
>>
>>343851037
>being retarded
>>
>>343852050
The fact there is people that will not only say 4 and 5 are complete fucking dogshit, but will also say Reach is their favorite makes me lose faith in humanity.
>>
>>343850414
>>343850513
>Bungie lied
That's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with how it was advertised.

>it still felt like you were playing Chief
I agree with this to a degree. It would have been nice if it played a little less like a halo game and something more like rainbow 6, but that's just not what ODST was, it was an expansion to 3, not a complete spin off game. It's not fair to criticize it for not being something it wasn't intended to be.

>You were even more durable than Chief
Blatantly false.

>yet you can't duel wield or use human made Equipments.
Yeah, and? Why is this inherently a bad thing?

>The open hub was empty,
It would have been neat to have civilians or other characters in it, I guess, but it being devoid of other people contributed to the atmosphere, so i'd say it cancels itself out.

>it was too dark
VISR

>it looked washed out during the day because of film grain
Not sure what you are talking about here. Reach had film grain, and I agree that's an issue with reach (though a super minor one), but I never noticed any in ODST that 3 didn't also have

>It was too short and boring,
The game was intended to be an expansion pack to 3, it being short isn't a flaw., it was actually way longer then I expected. It was designed to be short, it didn't feel like it was short out of incompetence.

Boring is just your opinion, unless you can clarrify. I never got bored.

>the characters sucked
Vehemently disagree, it has my favorite cast of characters out of any Halo game and is one of the game's biggest strengths.

>t was over priced
Not an issue with the game itself. If you paid 100$ for it or 10$ for it, you got the same game in the end.

> with no Matchmaking for Firefight
I normally don't like counting stuff games don't have against them, because by that logic, you can criticie every game for lacking anything, but I agree that that was a feature the game really should have had, but it's not a huge critical flaw

1/2
>>
>>343851125

git gud
>>
>>343850513
>>343853570
>>343850389
>>343850756
> and was used to try to force people to get Halo 3's final map pac

Wasn't an issue with ODST as a game, though.

> For Reach I will have to make another post for because that list is long.
I'll reply to the reach post later if the thread is still up

>>343851689
>>343852050
>>343852646
It's not just halo 3 babies, it's everybody just shitting on everything they personally didn't think was amazing and using minor flaws that every halo game has to shit on the particular ones they want to shit on that they don't have nostalgia for.

CEfags shit on Halo 2 for having a fleshed out story and making the covenant more complex, as well as having awesome set pieces, for example; Faggotry isn't limited to a particular game, sadly.

All the halo games have good and bad things in them, but for all of them, the good vastly outweighs the bad by any rational point of view.
>>
>>343850414
>implying any of the new vehicles don't look great
>>
>>343851125
>two people just run over shit in warthogs/ghosts
>the entire mob except knights is dead
>>
File: 1453624387556.png (376 KB, 535x460) Image search: [Google]
1453624387556.png
376 KB, 535x460
>>343842089

>Halo Reach was as good as it got
>>
>>343841035
Sprint is bad and normal gametypes suck ass. But custom games and warzone are fun as fuck. Grifball is also the funest its been since H3.

I personally can't stand FFA, BTB, Slayer, or anything else because the maps suck and the abilities make it not halo. High level ffa is just camping or else you get gangbanged when everyone hears you running. Btb maps are clunky forge crap that feel tiny because of sprint. Breakout imo is only cool in customs w full health bars.

Halo5 rocks but it also sucks in a lot of areas.
>>
>>343853570
>This defense
Uh Bungie shills, anyway on the durability part on Legendary it takes two shots from a Beam Rifle to kill you in Halo 2 & 3 as the Chief, it only takes one. You also can move faster with a support weapon which slows you down in halos 3-5.
>>
>>343854513
Ow the Edge
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.