[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is still the worst game I have ever played in my entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: Dragon_Age_2_cover.jpg (62 KB, 256x339) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_2_cover.jpg
62 KB, 256x339
This is still the worst game I have ever played in my entire fucking life.
>>
meh wasn't that bad

Inquisition is worse desu
>>
>>343840623

You must not play a lot of games then

DA2 was shit, but considering it was made in like 8 months its hardly surprising, though it did have a decent amount of content
>>
>>343841740
Never thought I'd agree to something like that but felt the same after playing Inquisition. At least 2 wasn't all that long even if you did nearly all the side quests while doing the same in DA:I would take you 70+ hours. Inquisition just felt bloated and the overall tone felt much less Dragon Age than 2. It also didn't help that the Inquisitor was so boring.
>>
Try dark souls 2 or bioshock infinite
>>
>>343840623
Aggressively mediocre and a joke of an rpg but far from the worst I've ever played
>>
>>343845206
>I get my opinions of video games from /v/ shitposts
Infinite is terrible though
>>
>>343845448
How's that game you're working on, anon?
>>
This was the game that taught me to never preorder
>Wondering when does it get good
>Finish game
>Oh

At least Bioware sent a free copy of ME2 to everyone who preordered as an apology. I had never played ME and got to enjoy that series
>>
>>343840623
I couldn't agree more. I loved dragon age but the second was absolutely shit. I think I quit after playing 20 min of it. Inquisition was awesome though.
>>
>>343845686
I was playing Golden Axe a little while ago it was fun I guess
>>
>>343846079
Glad to hear it
>>
>>343840623
try star citizen and you'll love da2
>>
File: 76704-1-1467343230.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
76704-1-1467343230.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
>>343840623
i felt skyrim was worse
>>
File: 1466917659856.png (81 KB, 252x288) Image search: [Google]
1466917659856.png
81 KB, 252x288
Try playing the Mortal Kombat top-down shooter on the PS1 or the Fifth Element tie-in game, sounds like you need some perspective on what a bad game is like.
>>
I played it last year and I thought it was subpar

was I because I wasn't let down after the wait for it?
>>
File: 1427517256303.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1427517256303.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>we will never get a dark fantasy game like da:o again
It fucking hurts
>>
>>343845206
If you liked Dark Souls, then you have no reason for disliking the second installment. If you dislike the first one, then I respect your opinion.
>>
>>343846983
I liked dark souls but not liked liked. One dark souls was enough for me. I enjoyed it but have no urge to replay it. I got ds2 and kinda gave up half way through. It wasnt really fun. Maybe the dlcs are fun, but meh I don't care too much for the dark souls style.
Not that ds2 is the worst game ever or anything, just average. (not the person you replied to)
I do like bloodborne quite a bit though, pretty good game
>>
>>343847351
>One dark souls was enough for me
>I got ds2
The problem isn't with the game, it's with you being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>343848969
>I liked dark souls but not liked liked.
I said I played and liked dark souls. You know, the first game?
>>
>>343849239
Yeah, but then you said that you didn't want to play more of it. Why did you get the second one ?
>>
>>343843693
>considering it was made in like 8 months
Ya, no. Not going to touch any games with a development cycle like that anymore.

Massive cheapo-reuse of assets aside, there were also some cringe-inducing moments like
>Im a gay mage. You don't want to gay with me the gay mage? Fuuuuuck you, i'm outta here
>Oooo im a serial killer, gonna kill your mom because that's like the most evilest evil thing you can do, right? Right?
>Guys, guys! YOUR CHOICES MATTER...just that strong tragic womyn like Lelianna and sensitive guys like Alistar will be alive, regardless of whether you killed them in DA:O or not.....
>>
>>343849315
I
realized that after playing the second one
>>
>>343844257
I agree. The combat was also considerably more aids. I'll take wave combat over healthsponge enemies with zero variety and a busted tactical camera any day even they're both very bad
>>
>>343846801
>da:o
But it sucked, though.
>>
>>343850556
Didn't help that melee combat could get fucked if you weren't exactly on level ground with your target.
>>
>>343844257
That's because they let Hawke be an actual character. The Inquisitor is just a vehicle for player headcanons so every PC can be generic beautiful character #7246 or project the personality and thoughts they want onto a bland dialogue response.
>>
>>343851634
In DA2 you can break melee combat just by moving continuously. Despite trying to appeal to the darksouls/action-rpg crowd, it still used that pseudo-realtime, infinity engine system which doesn't allow for attacks while running.
>>
DA:O was awesome. Beating the Harvester on nightmare with default characters was one of the most intense rpg battles I've ever had.

And the payoff was amazing. You'd start the game with a club that could be sold for 330 gold off the bat.
>>
>>343851634
>melee attacks slightly move your opponent so they start whiffing if you don't also hold the stick to and move toward them
I hate dai so much
>>
I enjoyed the threads back when the demo released.

Heaven on Earth. My guts hurt from so much laughter.
>>
>>343840623
Play more games then. /v/ likes to dramatize AAA games being bad but most of them are merely average. There are very few truly bad AAA games. Go play some shit like blood knight or other genuinely terrible games and then talk to me abouy bad games.
>>
>>343840623

Shameful Confession: I actually kind of liked the combat. Not the part where waves of enemies appeared out of thin air, but the snappy button mashing parts. It kinda felt like I was playing an old arcade beat-em-up.

The rest of the game was awful, though. Holy shit.
>>
>>343851905
Unless you wanted to play an at all controversial character. You can't even be as ruthless or tyrannical as the concept art seemed to portray
>>
>>343852347
You, like I, am not the target audience. Remember those options to be cruel or overly selfish in Origins? I sure do. Bioware seems to not, or else they listened to carebears too much.
>>
The gameplay is not great and it's blatantly rushed as fuck, but there are a lot of great ideas in that game. The concept of a fantasy RPG that takes place entirely in an urban environment is cool. I like that you aren't some chosen one who has to save the world, you are just some dude who is trying to get your family out of the ghetto and later trying to resolve a political dispute. Your party members aren't a collection of the greatest warriors in the world, they are dudes you met in bars and became friends with. The moral dilemmas surrounding the mages and Templars are interesting.

It's got severe problems and I don't blame anyone who doesn't like it, but it's an infinitely more interesting game than inquisition which is just yet another build an army to defeat the ancient evil who wants to destroy the universe like every other RPG out there
>>
>>343852517
>you could call your betrothed a gross cow or suggest a cripple be made into a table
I don't know why they felt the need to take out fun dialogue like that. I thought it was well liked in Origins and II
>>
>>343846801
but DA:O was trash
>>
>>343852714
Not to turn the discussion into memes, shitposting, or muh SJWs, but Bioware, which has always had a finger to the pulse of its fanbase, realized a lot of the people they wanted to draw in were the bleeding heart sort. You still have a few dick options scattered in inquisition, but not nearly as many.
>>
A least it doesn't have a conversation on how to address and treat trannies like Inquisition. God damn that bit felt forced.
>>
File: 1466589132359.jpg (6 KB, 288x244) Image search: [Google]
1466589132359.jpg
6 KB, 288x244
>>343853568
That scene with Iron Bull's team in Skyhold is the most hamfisted thing I have ever seen in an AAA game.

Shit made me go back to JRPGs
>>
>>343853405
Yeah I'm pretty sure they keep metrics of dialogue choices and such and they've found that the vast majority of people choose to be straight arrow good guys but completely foregoing charming things like that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. It's like how they had so much autodialogue in ME3 because "you were going to pick these options anyways".
>>
>>343852714
I wanted to option to tell Sera she was ugly and not funny. Of course it never happened because gay characters not be susceptible to criticism
>>
>>343854139
>thought ME2 could do with a little less auto dialogue but not too annoyed
>suddenly 3 has a crazy amount more and most conversations just have two options at a time

God damn Bioware
>>
>>343854139
And most people played as a human in the first game, just like wow. Why? Fuck humans
>>
>>343855442
Because human is the choice that the average person is going to make. Then, among the hardcore RPG enthusiasts, there's still going to be guys who enjoy playing as humans most, whether for roleplaying or systematic purposes. The people that mostly play Elf or Dwarf are the minority despite being rather vocal about wanting to play that race.

And fuck me for it, because I love city elves/orzammar dwarves.
>>
Its a weird feeling playing da:o for the first time. I'm playing an origins game, and I will never play a sequal
it doesnt end on a cliffhanger, does it?
>>
>>343856373
The original story is pretty self-contained. The original game and the expansion have very detailed, robust epilogues. You can stop there for self-contained stories unless you romance Morrigan. The final dlc is basically just setting up future stories unless you romance her.
>>
>>343856373
It's not a cliffhanger ending. It's actually one of those slideshow, text endings that says so-and-so fucked off to where-and-what, modified by your actions during the game.

Also, your decisions don't even have the "Mass" Effect levels of "impact" on DA2. You can kill off key characters in DA:O but DA2 ignores all of that and uses its own canon.
>>
>>343857062
In every single instance where this happens save Leliana, it's a bug. Leliana gets the bullshit explanation of only being left for dead. It only works because if she dies, she dies in a room so laced up with lyrium that the writers can bs her getting brought back.
>>
2 is the best dragon age game desu
origins and inquisition are both generic as shit "save the world from this ancient evil oh great hero" garbage that people mostly played for the tidbits of roleplaying the origins had throughout the game.

2 is the only one with even a remotely fresh premise. friendship/rivalry was a good idea, and I liked that they were your pals with their own lives who you hung out with/called on when you needed a hand, rather than random people hitching to your wagon for the whole game.

>>343857314
in the final inquisition DLC they say that leliana actually did die if you killed her, all you see in the later games is a spirit of faith possessing her body
>>
>>343858815
I didn't know that, but that's neat as fuck.
>>
>>343858815
If it took a DLC to address it, then it's clearly just made up last minute to quell the complaints and wasn't part of the initial write up meaning it was obviously overlooked. No one would genuinely make their consumers unhappy for a whole game just to go 'teehee it was a prank bro buy the dlc for the real reason'.

To begin with that kinda faggotry is just too cunnning for Bioware who actually believes they offer quality products. Only the chinks could pull that shit off intentionally.
>>
>>343859179
> No one would genuinely make their consumers unhappy for a whole game just to go 'teehee it was a prank bro buy the dlc for the real reason'.

You don't know the Bioware writing staff.
>>
>>343859065
trespasser set up lot of cool things plotwise, more than the entire rest of inquisition did. it's got me interested enough to check out 4 if they ever release it.

>>343859179
they didn't treat it like it was a big deal at all though. usually big retcons have a whole lotta hoopla to explain away their bullshit but in trespasser if she died it's literally just a different ending slide. most of the complaints about her living died ages ago.

though the fact that her inquisition plot is about her having a crisis of faith, and a literal spirit of faith having a crisis of faith doesn't make sense. it was probably made up last minute like you said, to give some meat to the players who killed her
>>
>>343859701
I know that they aren't smart enough to jew with their storyline which they take pride in. Jewing a storyline means you are competent as a writer, enough that you can manipulate the pacing to fit your monetization.

There's no way the shitters who wrote DA2/DAI can do that.
>>
>>343844257
Inquisition at least felt like a challenge if you put up the difficulty. Especially the dragons, you had to worry about resists and really think about your party comp if you didn't decide to cheese with blood magix
>>
>>343859914
>they didn't treat it like it was a big deal at all though.

Look back at history, to ME3 ending. Are you telling me they treated the new ending as a big deal?

It's no different than ME3. They address it, and then slide it under the rug hoping no one will make a shit storm over it and send their shills some over time shekels.
>>
>>343860190
I think you're overstating the situation though. there's a difference between mass effect, where the whole reason people bought 3 was to see their choices matter to the resolution of the story as a whole, and leliana being alive, where the only people who cared about it moved on years ago.

It wasn't some move to appease fans with a retcon, and while it probably wasn't planned from the beginning, it certainly wasn't meant to be anything resembling a big deal when it was revealed in trespasser.
>>
>It also didn't help that the Inquisitor was so boring.

this

complain all you want about how hawke could only be roleplayed 3 different ways, but at least they were well defined. the inquisitor is just a great big blah.
>>
>>343852005
>DA:O was awesome.

It was okay. In retrospect, I think DA:O suffered from the same repetition issues that 2 did, just not to the same extent. It also had the benefit of being the first traditional RPG from Bioware in a while, so it felt fresh.
>>
>>343840623
Inquisition is so much worse that it retroactively made this seem less terrible in my opinion
>>
>>343840623
Inquisition is worse. 2 was shit but it was rushed and they tried to break free of the Bioware cliches. In DAI they had all the time they needed and they still fucked it up. They went back to the same boring shit they've been doing forever only Neo-Bioware doesn't even have the talent for that.
>>
>>343852568
>The moral dilemmas surrounding the mages and Templars are interesting.
And then Inquistion renders all that shit moot anyway.
>>
>>343860168
>Rolls Knight Enchanter pre-nerf
>Solo everything
Shit was a joke senpai.
>>
>>343840623
It's only shit in comparison to the bar set by the original.

Dragon Age 2 is the Ghostbusters 2 of video games.
>>
>>343854459
You can tell her to fuck off and get out of your camp if you want.
>>
DA2 wasn't as bad as /v/ likes to meme though.
It was a playable RPG. Not as good as DA:O which is easily one of the best RPGs ever made.
>>
>>343846801
>wanting Witcher rip-off instead of 3 good Withcer games
>>
>>343865557
You mean Ghostbusters Reboot.
>>
>>343866494
honestly of all modern bioware's rpg's I like DAII the most since it offers a much more unique experience than your typical rpg.

like, sidequests actually feel worth doing because a good chunk of them have further payoff in later acts, and even if not, the fact that you see the same NPC's so much endears you to them. Compare to DA:O, where once you're done with an area you'll never see or hear from most of the people there ever again so it's easy to just decide fuck it and move onto the next area.

and the two timeskips allow a good deal of shake-up to the status quo between periods so it doesn't get stale, as soon as the ne act starts you wanna run around and see what's changed

by the time you get to the end it really feels like your city, and the party members feel much closer to your character and to each other.

everything is much more personal.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.