[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Makes the millionth World War shooter, and everyone claps.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>Makes a futuristic, space shooter which there are at most 5 of, and gets fucking raped by everyone below the age of 15.

Seriously, who the fuck cares if it's Call of Duty? A futuristic space shooter versus ANOTHER World War shooter? It's a no-brainer. Why do people keep wanting to revisit what's been done a thousand times over, rather than explore the unknown depths of space with a gun in your hand? It's only been done a few times in games, and even now there are hardly any in the genre coming out. What is wrong with people?
>>
I prefer battlefield/battlefront/planetside style games.

Objective gameplay with combined arms.
>>
>>343829505

Is that what Call of Duty is?
>>
You make it sound as if this game won't sell millions and millions of copies and make Infinity Ward a shit-ton of money

hating on CoD is a meme
>>
Noone over the age of 17 gives a shit OP
>>
>>343829193
Call of Duty isn't competing with Battlefield though, it's competing with Titanfall 2, which is clearly the better option.
>>
It was the perfect storm of shittiness.
Everything culminated perfectly for this to happen.

>cod has been futuristic for 4 years straight
>fans have not liked BO3 or AW movement system
>supply drop rage reaching peak, with that blackout movement happening
>its an infinity ward game
>the thing people want, MW remastered, being locked behind an 80$ special edition
>cod hate train at peak
>youtube 'movements' are big now, see: h3h3 bullshit going on right now

Battlefield, and it's fanbase, has been pushing the COD Vs. Battlefield thing since 3 also, it was inevitable.
Everything combined into disliking that video, and you can bet the next cod game is going to be either modern day, or the past. I'd bet modern since they were probably doing AW2, but re-tooling that for world war would be too much, so they're going modern, but that's speculation
>>
>>343829193
>WHO CARES IF IT'S CALL OF DUTY
because it IS Call of Duty at its fucking core, is a reason to hate it. When people give the meme response of "you would like it if it weren't called cawadoody" they are completely missing the mark and yet groping it all at the same time.

If it were ANY other game, it would be a fucking space shooter at its core. badass. but this is CoD. it will have a couple space battles and majority will be scripted QTE bullshit.

6-8 hr campaign and of course the bulk of the game will be MP which will have the following problems:
>two good maps out of ten to start
>DLC maps that you have to pay to get
>two god tier guns and everything else is simply trash by comparison
>weapon crates
>DLC maps will be shittier than the base maps

and I could go on. IW looked fucking interesting, then I realized what I was looking at was Call of Duty. heart sank.
>>
>>343830039

>cod hate train at peak

Here's the thing though, it seems like this is a new group of people hating on it. The people who hated on it during the modern warfare days seem to be for the most part gone. The haters now are 16-20 year olds who "grew up" on the modern warfare games.
>>
If the multiplayer has zero gravity combat like in the trailer they showed this will be a day one buy for me. Or if they have a space craft combat mode I will buy it. If truly no one likes this game they should make the most of it and do something say different.
>>
>>343829615
No. CoD is an arcade kill count game.
>>
>>343830625

It has objectives, it has combined arms
>>
>>343830698
Kill streak perks are not combined arms.
>>
Both are garbage, it's most likely those sections are on-rails.
>>
>>343830321
>The haters now are 16-20 year olds who "grew up" on the modern warfare games.

Shitters can't handle vertical gameplay.
>>
I'm actually sort of looking forward to IW. I know I shouldn't be, but it does actually look kind of cool. I'll definitely wait until I can get it cheap tho.
>>
its aesthetically really cool, but you can tell its going to be a boring pile of shit just with minimal freedom of movement and boring guns. if they had freedom of movement like shattered horizon and guns like halo, then they might actually have a real game on their hands

battlefield 1 is a new novelty with a ww1 shooter, and they're pandering hard as fuck to the new group of core gamers that want unrealistic racial diversity everywhere. of course people are going to flock to it. and the pendulum is just shifting. people are just finally tired of COD
>>
>>343829193
Name one AAA World War I shooter.
>>
Because despite being futuristic it's still the same fucking game every single time.
I recently tried playing Advanced Warfare and it played exactly the same as MW1, the last CoD I played. The lack of innovation or improvement is fucking mind blowing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.