[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post games that are better than Final Fantasy VI and VII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: FFV-Android-cover.jpg (215 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
FFV-Android-cover.jpg
215 KB, 900x900
I'll start.
>>
File: Theatrhythm_Curtain_Call_Logo.jpg (123 KB, 464x273) Image search: [Google]
Theatrhythm_Curtain_Call_Logo.jpg
123 KB, 464x273
I found one better than your game OP.
>>
>>343827148
Still waiting for you to start.
>>
OP is not a faggot for once.
>>
While the job system was cool and all.

The story/characters/overall experience was donkey dick.
>>
Let me explain:
>Visuals that don't make you want to kill yourself
>Gameplay that uses ATB in a creative way instead of just "oh it's turnbased but with timing"
>Better soundtrack
>Lightning > Cloud

Yes it's garbage outside of that though
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (118 KB, 700x640) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
118 KB, 700x640
>>
>>343828038
You have to give it some credit, it was the first FF that wasn't a direct DQ ripoff or "fight the evil empire" story.
>>
>>343828132

I just bought FFXIII on steam sale, only because it had a Japanese voice option. I'm going to play the game for the first time, both to see if the Japanese voices keep me from hating Vanille like everyone else seems to but also because I tend to like the FF game that people online bitch the most about (FFVI, VIII and X).
>>
>>343828038
>The story/characters/overall experience was donkey dick.
Which means nothing when the game is fun to play. I don't give a shit how good your story is when your gameplay is awful the way VI and VII's are.
>>
>>343829194
When you have to sit through talking for half of a 40+ hour game, I sure as hell care if that story is good.
>>
>>343829194

>game focuses on story over gameplay
>story is shit
Even if the gameplay is decent, its still a massive flaw all FF games share. And since the combat in 75% of FF games is also dogshit, it doesn't really help the series.
>>
>>343829418
When I have to sit through bad gameplay for 75% of a game, it's exponentially worse. Fuck Arcanum.
>>
>>343828346
Wasn't that the one where you fought an evil tree that could be killed with phoenix down?
>>
>>343829194
But is FFV's gameplay really good? Sure, the job system is a nice way of building and customizing characters, but it's a game designed around fighting random battles that require very little strategy and the ATB system is pure cancer. I do prefer it over FFVI and FFVII but that's not saying much.
>>
>>343829648
Evil tree yes
Kill with PD no...?
>>
>>343829648
Thats FFIX Soul divider Tree or something.
Btw FFIX OP.
>>
>>343830251
>But is FFV's gameplay really good?
Yes. Every boss in V has multiple strategies that can deal with them, and not in the sense that VI does where anything goes because the game is a fucking joke. One of the reasons for this is that many, many bosses have weaknesses to status effects, including the two superbosses and Odin.

It has hands-down the best sense of progression and equipment system in the FF series - there are multiple viable sets of equipment in the mid and lategame because unlike games like VI where the game fellates a single stat to no end and thus everything that pumps Magic Power or magic damage is better than everything that doesn't with few exceptions, V's three primary stats are balanced against each other.

Random encounters are also a lot harder than you're giving them credit for, between not being able to instantly wipe the floor with all of them for no cost, dangerous monsters like Skull Eaters, Skull, Red, Yellow, and Blue Dragons being random encounters, and enemies in V not being coded to waste their turns half of the time and using status effects regularly.
>>
>>343831912
Huh, that sounds better than I remember. it's been a long time since I played FFV so maybe I ought to replay it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.