[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any Skyrim mods that enables hardcore survival and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 18j16ohq721mqjpg.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
18j16ohq721mqjpg.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
Are there any Skyrim mods that enables hardcore survival and need of hunting and shit? I just wanna go out with a bow and arrow and try to survive without fast travelling and shit, also is it any fun? Thx goys, gonna pirate the shit now, got an urge to play it.

Also Skyrim mod thread.
>>
Realistic Needs and Diseases
Climates of Tamriel
Hot and Cold

Probably some other shit but those add some elements survival to the game play. They can be tweaked for immersion.
>>
>>343826657
>>343827027

What he said

Plus FrostFall
>>
Requiem made the game harder in general.
>>
>>343826657
Sex mods
>>
>>343827027
>>343827137
Are they any fun? Also I don't remember but is there any way to craft like tents and campfires and shit?
>>
>>343827427
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26228/?

These should give enough info on the mods to answer most questions.

From what I remember you can craft tents, you can build campfires too if you have enough wood in your inventory
>>
>>343828501
Thanks a lot man appreciate it
>>
Skyrim with survival mods is stupidly fucking fun, in fact it's the only thing that makes the game fun for me now
>>
Realistic needs and diseases
Frostfall
Campfire
Hunterborn
Wet and Cold
>>
>>343827257
I love Requiem, it makes the game harder and more rewarding in the sense that it also buffed a lot of stuff to make you OP as shit once you go through hell to obtain stuff like Daedric Artifacts.
>>
>>343828724
Yeah it seems to be fun as shit when you put in shit like survival since its cold as fuck I'd guess, downloading a ton of shit now and I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>343827257
>>343828949
I thought so, only inbred /vg/ retards wouldn't like Requiem, guess they're only interested in their jerk off garbage.
>>
>>343829558
>try to do the first main-quest dungeon
>draugr can kill you in 1 hit. Your damage is so shit that it takes 30 hits for each draugr.
>a random bandit arrow can kill you in one hit
>getting hit by a bandit would probably kill you due to the introduction of bleeds.
The combat system isn't built for this kind of damage.
>>
>>343827027
Are these mods compatible with each other?, what about requiem?
>>
>>343830778
Should be. With what >>343828943 posted.

I don't know why would you play it with Requiem, though. Skyrim combat isn't suited for that kinda stuff. Good luck clearing bandido forts
>>
>>343828943
I have had more fun with these mods combined, than I have with Skyrim itself.

>start new game
>start heading up to Bleak Falls Borrow
>that fucking wolf right on the path up
>get Rockjoint from it
>decide to work my way up to the borrow anyway
>have to camp once or twice to recover heat on the way up
>make it to the borrow
>Rockjoint fully set in
>manage to clear the antechamber
>remember that if you wait long enough, diseases will go away on their own
>didn't have any other means to clear diseases, and not enough money to buy any
>still so new to the game, I don't know about shrines, let alone where they are
>decide to sleep in the bedrolls until the disease lifts
>live off rations I brought with me, and when those run out, off rats in the borrow in the several weeks it takes for the disease to lift

Also
>the trip up to the Throat of the World goes from a several hour in game hike, to a several day battle for survival against the cold, the weather, trolls, wolves, and if you're unlucky, a dragon

I can't even imagine playing the game without these mods anymore. A follower is almost required for some of these treks just so you can make them carry enough supplies just to make it.
>>
>>343827137
Is Frostfall compatible with immersive armours?
>>
>>343831403
https://sites.google.com/site/skyrimsurvivorseries/frostfall/w-e-a-r
>>
>>343831686
Thanks again lol, should search before I ask.
>>
MFW
>Get Skyrim Legendary Edition on sale
>Throw a literal shit ton of mods on it since I beat the original on 360 so fuck it
>Whiterun is a literal CTD hell
>Companions are falling from the sky when I load in
>Can't even enter any building without crashing
>Enemies teleporting like ghosts
>Random screams and barking close by and in the distance
>Look online to find answers to fix abonination I have created
>No Gods Or Kings Only Man
>Panic and delete EVERYTHING
>Look at hard drive space have 100gb more then I did before I installed the game
>start reinstalling skyrim praying it will only be vanilla fearing the horrors that may have survived the purge
see this thread...
>>
>>343832640
You're too retarded for modding. You don't just fucking throw shit to the wall until it sticks, you fucking neaderthal.

use tesgeneral.com
>>
>>343832640
Thats because you're doing it wrong.
>pick an overhaul that you're going to build your mods around
>check for compatibility issues
>install a few mods at a time
>check the load order
>do a test run to see if the game functions
Repeat steps 2-4 until you have all the mods you want.
>>
>>343832640
Most of the time you'd spent in modding aside from opening the game and closing it again would be reading.

Read compatibilities, install instructions, read the guides, common mods it goes along with and try again.

Generally waifu modding won't interfere with gameplay modding and vice versa so you can focus on one aspect first

Use MO, ya dolt.
>>
>>343826657
Why are you playing Skyrim?
>>
>>343832640
>have hundreds of mods installed
>no crashes because I can read

According to Steam, I have over 1000 hours played in Skyrim, and probably 800 of those were just finding, installing, and troubleshooting mods. It was also the most fun I had with the game. I'm tempted to just wipe everything away just so I can do it all again.
>>
>>343831398
yeah this shit makes great stories

>stormcloak joining quest
>got to swim out to that rock and kill an ice wraith
>ez pz
>get into the northern waters
>immediately start to freeze to fucking death
>scramble onto land and slowly make my way to the destination avoiding water whenever possible
>arrive at destination and go to slay the ice wraith
>attack speed and movement are fucking slow as balls, it nearly kicks my ass but I pull through
>quickly begin to make a campfire so I don't die
>begin to warm up
>...
>character collapses instead
>wake up in an inn in Winterhold
>have a letter on me explaining how somebody found my body and dumped me off after taking a bunch of my coins

Such is life in The Rim
>>
So if you guys had to choose would you prefer playing in Requiem Skyrim or Survival modded Skyrim?
I haven't modded before and I'm trying to choose
>>
>>343833781
>finish up my business at High Hrothgar
>start heading down the mountain the normal way
>realize I forgot to bring enough supplies for the trip down
>body temperature falling
>low food
>know I can't make it back down the normal way, and there's no supplies to be had at High Hrothgar
>"Fuck it, we're going down the side of the mountain"
>look at the map
>realize I'm technically right next to Riverwood
>go straight down the side of the mountain, mostly managing to avoid fall damage
>make it into the Riverwood Inn right before night falls and I freeze to death

>captcha: Select all mountains
>>
>>343834384
kek
>>
>>343834095
survival without a doubt, get the full experience with hunting and camping, if you set up a nice camp with some followers you can get some awesome set ups for comfy screenshots
>>
>>343832640
Retard
>>
>>343834384
Nice
>>
>>343834095
Survival modded definitely makes you appreciate certain things more, like followers and putting points into stamina for carry weight.
>>
>>343833024
>>343833039
>>343833192
>>343833474
>>343834874
What you'll have said is true. I flew to close to the sun and was humbled. For now on I will follow the path of my fore-bearers and actually read shit. The lesson I learned thankfully is one you only have to learn once
>>
>>343830595

Requiem is a bit too hardcore maybe.
>>
File: 1451690418398.png (89 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1451690418398.png
89 KB, 255x255
>>343835384
>The lesson I learned thankfully is one you only have to learn once

>mfw learning that lesson with OB
>>
>>343830595
You probably shouldn't try to do main quest stuff early on in Requiem because dragons are an absolute nightmare early on.
>>
>>343835384
Yeah. That's pretty much it, Frostfall and its companion mods is a bit unique, at least for the mods that I have used, but it's because of that it can be compatible with the other gameplay stuff I play with.

I suggest using an Alternate Start mod for a better RP experience. Also, when you're finally done making your character, some of these mods would have you set up their parameters with MCM (SkyUI) and/or their added items/spells.

But after aaaall of that, you'd have a game that would be enjoyable and suited to your tastes. And you'd realize it's worth the trouble of jumping through all that hoops.

Then you'd get stuck making armors fit in Bodyslide.

Have fun, anon.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.