[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you play videogames because you're lonely, unemploye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: EaGZE2a.jpg (120 KB, 1055x500) Image search: [Google]
EaGZE2a.jpg
120 KB, 1055x500
Do you play videogames because you're lonely, unemployed, unneeded and a pathetic failure of life? Do you use videogames as a way to combat depression?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10667187
>>
I play them because they are fun to play
>>
File: VIDEO GAMES.jpg (174 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
VIDEO GAMES.jpg
174 KB, 1000x576
>>343820505
What if I genuinely enjoy video games?
>>
Are you the dude I always see posting P.N.03 in ass threads?
>>
>>343820505
kinda
>>
>>343820505
I play because they are fun and a good way to kill people without actually killing people.
>>
>>343820925
His name is GF_Syabb, and he does this to other sites too, for years.
>>
I do everything to take my mind of my isolation and loneliness and you not what? Not a bad life. Not a bad one at all.

I feel sorry for hermits and social outcasts 100 years ago, or even 30 years ago, or even fucking 10 years ago. They must have been monumentally bored.

But now you have an infinite amount of entertainment, video games, internet, It's really amazing.
>>
all of that but also because they're fun
when i was a kid it was 100% fun now it's like 30% fun and because im depressed and have no interests or friends
>>
I play videogames because I use it as an excuse to put off important things. It's basically a procrastination mechanism, everything that has personal glory and self worth is so monumentally challenging that it kills my mind.

I have a stable job, but no social/love life. All of those things are fucking worthless anyway in my opinion, as it's personal self worth/achievement that genuinely matters.
>>
>>343821416
And your name is gay ass nigger, and you love to suck your mother's cock.
>>
Playing video games doesn't combat depression. It's merely an escape from depression but does nothing to make it better.
>>
>>343822957
>contradicting yourself this hard
>>
>>343820505
I'm so depressed nowadays that I can't even have fun playing games anymore.
>>
>>343820613
This pretty much
I enjoy games and will continue to play them as long as I enjoy them, sadly I don't have that much time for them
>>
>>343820505
P.N.03 is a fun game
>>
No, I'm lonely, unemployed, unneeded and a pathetic failure of life because I play video games. :)
>>
If I were truly depressed I couldn't even pick up a video game, let alone enjoy one.
>>
>>343820505
>Not lonely
>Not unemployed
>Use exercise, diet, and CBT for depression

Video games are just a fun hobby of mine, like many others I indulge in.

I probably don't apply to most of what you said because I'm not a weeaboo and play shit games.
>>
>>343820505
I want to play that videogame. Outside Sims I don't know where to get that kind of experience.
>>
Fuck off Syabb
>>
>>343825968
CBT as in cock ball torture? That's kind of extreme but hey, maybe it works for you.
>>
>>343820505
>unemployed

Most of the people on here are kids.
>>
>>343827827
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
>>
>>343827912
Same thing
>>
>Do you play videogames because you're lonely, unemployed, unneeded and a pathetic failure of life? Do you use videogames as a way to combat depression?

Almost 25. Have had multiple jobs, none that fit what I liked. Security, Construction, general labour.

I'm becoming a mess, and am really depressed.
>>
>>343820505
>as a way to combat depression?
no, as a way to survive depression.
>>
File: 1337727762258.png (291 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1337727762258.png
291 KB, 430x430
I play them because I want to be left alone.

My exes weren't very cool with them unless I played something with them and the girl I'm currently seeing wants to just hang with me.

I just want to keep to myself and play vidya. If I want company I'll just play online with a few buds.
>>
>>343828345
fucking lol
>>
I have higher education, high-paying job, cool friends and family.
I play video games as a means of experiencing things I can't in life, having new feeling, etc.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.