[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinite Re-review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 406x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 406x576
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-03-three-years-on-how-does-bioshock-infinite-hold-up

>BioShock Infinite is a game that wants to have its cake and eat it, and rather than accept its limitations, rips a hole in the fabric of reality to do so. It's gaming's loftiest and most spectacular folly, a monument to the mad extremes this industry will sometimes go to in search of a better version of an idea already explored to exhaustion.

So now that the dust has settled is Infinite still the Citizen Kane of gaming?
>>
Infinite is a middle of the road shooter, that's it.
>>
Most definitely. I felt surge of pleasure flowing through my body when i finished it. It was like something divine and unforgottable touched my inner child. I cried, and then i came. Spectacular.
>>
Shit gameplay, 2deep4u plot that wasn't actually that complicated, below average quality Shock game. You'd have to be some sort of idiot that plays video games for a gaming news site to like this game that much.
>>
>>343820450

I can't believe how much cock sucking Infinite got. Was it a bad game? No, but I had to wade through thousands of retards saying it was literally the pinnacle of story telling and gameplay. Anytime I tried to critique the game, I was called a troll or hater.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>343820450

>After playing Infinite through a second time, I dug out my original review of the game (written for Custom PC Magazine) and was surprised to find myself describe it as "the pinnacle of what the mainstream FPS can offer." Three years down the line, I couldn't feel further from that assertion.

Translation: most of my buddies were praising the game so I hopped on the train to fit in.
>>
>>343820450
Entirely correct.
It's kind of bizarre how insanely good press it got at the time, for what is a frankenstein's monster of a game.
>>
>>343821167
To be fair switch hype with shitposting and you've got /v/.
>>
File: 1448281330622.gif (454 KB, 300x185) Image search: [Google]
1448281330622.gif
454 KB, 300x185
>>343820450
Alright, which one of you faggots wrote this article. This sounds straight out of /v/, one by 1, every single complaint.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>343820450
Infinite could have been great but all we got was a shitty CoD clone with some nice art direction
>>
>>343821838
People are slowly starting to see shit when it's in front of them. Just look at the fallout 4 debacle in the fanbase.
>>
>>343820450
One of the worst games I have ever played. It is more than just bad, it's insultingly bad.
>>
>>343822053
It also had a nice soundtrack
>>
File: bioshock infinite DLC.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite DLC.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>343821194
It had a 200 million dollar marketing budget. Do you think the reviewers were going to give it a bad score when their sites and magazines were being paid that well via ad revenue?
>>
>>343820450
Incredibly imaginative and original art direction and story that has a thematic scope and is handled with the kind of style, vision and maturity that most AAA games can only dream of. Still one of the benchmarks in video game storytelling. The Burial at Sea DLCs are just as great, if not even better.
>>
The art design is so fantastic

However, then there's the rest.
>>
I always felt that Infinite landed like a brick for me because of The Last of Us. Everything with Elizabeth felt flat, from her gameplay use to the forced and incredibly clumsy "bonding" between the two.

The Last of Us covered similar ground with far more resonance.

And Infinite's gunplay never quite clicked for me - I think Infinite and the original Bioshock's shooting mechanics are much more inferior than most admit.

But I'm also the guy who thinks Bioshock 2 is the pinnacle of the series, so I'm a heretic.
>>
It's just a shooter in a unique setting, like all of the Bioshock games.
Didn't deserve the hate here or the enormous praise elsewhere.
>>
Can we all safely agree that Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of the Colossus are shit as well ad haven't aged well at all?
>>
>>343822378
Even that was lazy.

The police at the fair are all tattered and bare even before things start going tits up. The civilians you get to stand and look at for a long time are repeated from a very small pool, while random fuckoffs you never get to see clearly have tons of variety.
>>
>>343822441
>But I'm also the guy who thinks Bioshock 2 is the pinnacle of the series, so I'm a heretic.

That is a pretty common opinion on /v/. Bioshock 2 had the most solid gameplay of the Bioshocks.
>>
BioShock Infinite still has one of the best uses of licensed music of any game I've ever played.

The steam organ cover of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' is a particular favorite (it's still my ringtone)... but aside from sounding great and helping to make Columbia a more immersive place, the modern songs reworked in a more era-suitable style were a clever way of subtly introducing some of the big plot points to come later in the game.
>>
File: 1438579974_0427d3d1f1.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1438579974_0427d3d1f1.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
>City of Colombia
>>
>>343822326
>Incredibly imaginative and original art direction
I bet you will say the same for MemerWatch
>benchmark for great story telling
bwahahahahahahaha. Oh wait. You were serious
let me laugh even harder
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>343822530
I just played SotC this year though for the first time and it was great.
>>
>>343822326
Art direction went to shit after Elizabeth redesign and concept art was better than what was in the final product
>>
>>343820795

The plot and its reception is probably the most laughable thing about this game.

Everyone was praising it like it was some sort of revolutionary form of storytelling that tackled serious themes.

You start playing the game, and what happens? They fucking pussy out of everything and then go fucking stupid at the end for the sake of having a "twist". It took the game into Saturday morning cartoon tier.
>>
File: damn nigga good joke.gif (11 KB, 227x224) Image search: [Google]
damn nigga good joke.gif
11 KB, 227x224
>>343822326
>>343822731
He was obviously not serious anon. It was just a good joke, you can tell from the use of language.
>>
>>343820450
It was never the Citizen Kane of gaming. It's a long video, but if anyone has the time, this video explains almost everything wrong with Bioshock Infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4
>>
pretty telling of the industry to go so apeshit over the concept of multiverse.
>>
Infinite was a marvellous game, rates (to me) as 2nd in the series (right behind Bioshock). Ok, it did fall short in one or two areas. But overall, i liked this.

Been meaning to replay Infinite for a while, but alas i lent it to a friend whom has since moved away.
>>
>>343820450
>lets give games inflated scores because we're basicly billion dollar publishers extended PR firms

>then lets go back years later and admit that the games weren't even that good in attempt to pretend we're not biased

>oops can't change that metacritic score :^)
>>
I'm a big fan of all the Shock games, I love action-RPG style games and Bioshock 1 really hit a nerve for me. It's one of the few games I replayed a few times.
Bioshock Infinite was extremely ambitious and I agree it fell short in some areas. But compare it to any other FPS/RPG of the last decade and I'd argue it will still appear in the top 20. I am yet to replay it and the DLC, but that's due to the tsunami of games the last few years.

Some have mentioned Dishonoured trumping it, and I'll respectfully disagree with that. Dishonored is fantastic, and in many ways plays on the riffs the Thief and Shock series created. I'm very much looking forward to the 2nd game it's as close to a new Shock game as we're likely to get. The new Deus Ex is also something to look forward to.
>>
>>343822775
What did they chicken out of?
>>
>>343822878
>Bioshock Infinite is bad because "Nigger" is not said

lel who the fuck is this reviewer
most laughable thing I've seen all day
>>
Bioshock Infinite is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played. I even played through the entire thing. It got worse as it went on.

It wasn't just bad either, it was offensive as it thought of itself as amazing, as god's gift to gaming. I can put up with a bad game that isn't presumptuous, but I will hate a bad game that is presumptuous forever and Bioshock Infinite is quite possibly the most presumptuous and pretentious game of all time.
>>
>>343823159
underage please leave
>>
>>343822878
That guy is an idiot.
>>
>>343823358
I don't understand that meme
>>
>>343822175
This. Up until recently with Battlefront, Infinite was the most disappointing game of all time to me.
>>
>>343823427
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>343822878
How pretentious can one reviewer be?
>>
>>343822775
It was basically an M Night Shamalamadindong tier story. If it had been a movie or book it would have been ridiculed.
>>
>>343823525
Less than 1% as pretentious as bioshock infinite.
>>
>>343823159
I suggest you look at the whole video. It goes deeper than just the use (or non-use) of the word nigger.
>>
File: bioshock ken levine stupid.jpg (206 KB, 950x820) Image search: [Google]
bioshock ken levine stupid.jpg
206 KB, 950x820
>>
File: bioshock infinite user acclaim.png (141 KB, 343x365) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite user acclaim.png
141 KB, 343x365
>>343823598
Nah, there's nothing pretentious about infinite bruh.

It was a great game, this guy's just hating because the game made more money and got more ttention than he'll see in his life.
>>
File: Bioshock infinite tags.png (108 KB, 306x325) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock infinite tags.png
108 KB, 306x325
>>343823831
>there's nothing pretentious about infinite

Nigger are you fucking serious.
>>
>>343823831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRXlf5dgCQ
Is this a simple enough explanation?
>>
>>343823831
>Nah, there's nothing pretentious about infinite bruh.

>>343823776
>>
>>343823831
>omg ur just jelos

You have to be 18 or over to post here, sorry mate.
>>
>>343820450

Alright graphics, but the gameplay was generic shit. Less than 30min playtime before I refunded it.

But I enjoy the Elizabeth r34 it spawned, so I wud rate it 3/10.
>>
>>343823831
>the game made more money

Bioshock infinite was a financial failure and resulted in the studio closing and everyone being fired.
>>
File: 1465090261782.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1465090261782.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>343823932
>wait a minute that card
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>343824109
B-but my reviews from journalists desperate to be taken seriously as critics of a deep artform.
>>
>horrible gameplay
>people tell me to carry on because of the "mind-blowing story"
>finish the game after hours of disgusting gameplay
>the story fucking sucked and it made no fucking sense

I literally got meme'd into buying and completing this game. People even told me that I didn't "get" it. No I got it alright and it was fucking horrible. The only good thing about this game is the visuals. It's just a big "journalist" bait and nothing else.
>>
>>343824081
>But I enjoy the Elizabeth r34 it spawned

Now that you mention that, that is possibly the only good thing about Infinite.
>>
>>343823831
>and now hired gun
A LOT OF LOYALTY
>>
File: Bioshock infinite tag spoiler.png (104 KB, 317x359) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock infinite tag spoiler.png
104 KB, 317x359
>>343823831
>>343823932
>Bioshock ratings

Wait a minute that tag
>>
Infinite was better than Bioshock 1 and 2 easily. Hurr durrrr not as many optional corridors to search! ITS SHIT!!!!!

Gunplay was better, environment was better, characters were better, story is arguable but if you arent a faggot and just enjoy it instead of nitpick its just as good as the absurd stories of 1 and 2.
>>
File: giant bomb bioshock infinite.png (10 KB, 637x145) Image search: [Google]
giant bomb bioshock infinite.png
10 KB, 637x145
When did /v/ become an echo chamber?

Everyone loved Infinite. Not just critics.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>343824372
>>
>>343824220
Being pretentious and poorly thought out totally makes it soooo deep and smart though.

This shit right here is why video games aren't taken seriously as art and why Roger Ebert was completely correct.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>343824321
>Popular tags for this game:
>Overrated
>>
>>343824475

No fuck you. It was better in just about every single way.
>>
>>343820662
No that was just your dad cumming in your ass summer fag.
>>
>>343824372
just because you are on the internet doesn't mean you can use it as an excuse to lie you ass clown
>>
>>343824475
This place isn't a circlejerk.

If you want that, go to neofag or reddit
>>
>>343822086
This. 2015 was the year of tumblr/reddit. 2016 is year of memes. FO4 is the biggest example of this even though it came out in 2015. Todd's lies didn't work this time.
>>
>>343824634

Nigger please. Everyones just repeating the same shit for like 2 years now.
>>
File: AI bioshock infinite.gif (3 MB, 406x228) Image search: [Google]
AI bioshock infinite.gif
3 MB, 406x228
>>343824220
I played through the entire thing and quit during the ending while it was bitching at me. The entire game bitches at you from start to finish and I was tired of putting up with its shit.

I can't even say I'm glad I just pirated it, because it still wasted my time.
>>
>>343824591
What makes your opinion law?

Who the fuck are you? What makes you special?
>>
File: 1454100560007.jpg (31 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1454100560007.jpg
31 KB, 500x360
>>343824634
>This place isn't a circlejerk.
>>
Ken Levine's head is a fucking potato it's so ridiculous looking with all kinds of weird lumps all over it.
>>
>>343822530
The only thing that has really aged in SH2 is the voice acting, it's just way way below par now
>>
>>343820450
this just proves that reviews should be forbidden until at least 1 month after the game has released.
>>
>>343824410

No. Infinite was shit. And this is coming from a guy who actually liked Bioshock 2 as much, if not moreso than 1, so it's not nostalgiafagging either. It was just a really shit, linear shooter with bland atmosphere and a fucking stupid plot.
>>
>>343824731
>Also pirated the game
>Hated everything
>Quit when I got to ghost mom

Man, what a game.
>>
I was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totally amazed by how good the game is. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is smooth and fun, and the story is one of the best I have ever seen. The shooting can be a little tedious at times in the middle and later part of the game, but the difficulty of the combat grasps my attention well enough to go through the confusing development of the plot. The ending doesn't seem to make sense at first, but after reading some articles about it and then playing a second time, I fully understand and appreciate how good the story line is. It's basically the inception among games. The navigation can be really frustrating as it keeps telling me to get on the skyline and slide around in circles for no reason. Still, nothing really takes away the thrill and excitement of this masterpiece.
>>
>>343824830
>forbidden

I couldnt roll my eyes harder
>>
>>343824740
who said my opinion was law?

who the fuck are you? what makes you so special fag?
>>
>>343824372
>gunplay better
>environment better

Objectively wrong. Get your defective taste fixed, you fucking degenerate
>>
For me it was best game of year in category of story an gameplay.Not the best game ever been but still
awsome in graphics gameplay and story line.Worth evry penny you spend on it.Of course it has some weak spots but it delivered all we want from it.
>>
>>343824494
Roger Ebert was wrong simply because he thought fucking movies could be art. I think capeshit has proven what a joke of a medium it is.
>>
File: 1465760137151.jpg (111 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1465760137151.jpg
111 KB, 612x612
I liked Infinite at release and I still like it now. Sue me.
>>
>>343824805

>le SH2 voice acting is bad meme

It's literally perfect, you fucking retard. They're supposed to sound like normal people with mental problems, not movie star / radio drama phantom-of-the-opera HD collection style bullshit.

I swear to god if one more of you motherfuckers complains about Angela sounding "werid and detached" I'm going to start a fucking lynch mob.
>>
>>343824881
I am jealous of your wisdom.

It got worse after that. I know it was bad before that and during that but trust me, it still managed to get worse.

I want my time back.
>>
>>343824927
there's a reason historians say that history can't be properly judged/analyzed until at least a generation's time as passed, senpai.
>>
This game was a masterpiece, but like most masterpieces it's not without flaws. The first thing you will notice is that it is visually stunning. I found myself in awe of its beauty over and over as the story progressed through various environments. The portrayal and development of characters was superb. The game unfolds like a road movie- you're on a great journey with a companion, and your relationship has its ups and downs. Elizabeth is so convincingly brought to life that you'll find yourself talking to the screen, and when the journey is over you'll miss her. The gameplay is great fun. The weapons and character abilities are innovative and a blast to use. They are simple to use but difficult to master, and you'll want to replay the game once you get the hang of things. In many ways, this game raises the bar for game developers. The team that created this obviously poured out their heart and soul and it shows at every turn, but having said that, it's not perfect. You don't get to choose or design the character you play, the part is thrust on you. A lot of times I felt that I was playing the role of a bit of a jerk. The biggest flaw in the game is that it's linear and you really can't make any meaningful choices in how things eventually play out- you're basically along for the ride. It tells a story, and once you learn the ending it doesn't get any fresher in subsequent play-throughs.
>>
>>343825030

Gunplay was better. People act like 1 and 2 have great gunplay and they are mediocre at best. What makes gunplay in 1 and 2 any way better?

Evironment was way better than the 10 year old looking shitty hallways in 1 and 2. Infinite at least has nice looking shitty halways and a new unique environment. Instead of more of the same which you all crave.
>>
>>343825094
sad part is that capeshit movies are still better than 99% of video game stories
>>
File: bioshock infinite multiplayer.png (83 KB, 834x275) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite multiplayer.png
83 KB, 834x275
>>343824927
>>343824830
I agree, reviews should be forbidden outright.
>>
>>343824410
>Everyone loved Infinite

what? not here
>>
>>343824569
>not getting the sarcasm
Who's the real summer fag here?
>>
>>343825114
>>>/reddit/

If you can't tolerate other opinions, fuck off.
>>
File: 1463262769673.jpg (51 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1463262769673.jpg
51 KB, 499x499
>>343825239
KILL IT WITH FIRE
>>
what a minute... that card
>>
>>343825127
I just looked up the ending right after quitting. So I have no idea how much worse it got aside from that retarded ending.
>>
>>343825276
>/v/ is one person
>/v/ comprises the entire world
>>
>>343825207
>Gunplay
This buzzword again.
>>
>>343825207
Environments were reduced to the point of insanity. They were garbage. The idea could have been nice but the actual development was basically just a corridor with a skybox.

The gunplay was trash. I agree that gunplay was mediocre in 1, although 2 did improve it some. All was undone by 3 however, which had boring guns that handled poorly with a 2 weapon limit.
>>
In my 29 years of gaming I had never felt more engaged by a story and a setting. This game changed my expectations permanently. I have never been so immersed in a gaming experience.
>>
>>343825521

buzzword buzzword again. Fuck off you faggot.
>>
>>343825335

No, YOU fuck off. Idiots like you spewing your cancerous, shit-tier opinions without a single fucking thought in your tiny head is how we ended up with the goddamn DISASTER that is the HD collection in the first place.

How about you get some fucking taste?
>>
It was an extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world. The developers took a lot of big risks in this game, with a lot of decisions that could have easily backfired and ruined the whole experience. The fact that everything works so well together is remarkable in its own right. I think calling it "The greatest game of all time" like some other reviewers are is kind of a stretch, but certainly I don't think anything else coming out this year will even approach the quality of Bioshock Infinite. If you liked the first Bioshock, you probably already have this game, but if you don't you owe it to yourself to get this. If you felt that the gameplay was dull in the original Bioshock or that that lack of subtlety in dealing with broader philosophical and political concepts was problematic, you're going to find the same issues here. However, I absolutely loved the experience.
>>
>>343825114
There's somebody on this earth who will defend this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXuydkusTNA

Point at him and laugh.
>>
>>343822731
Jesus Christ this post was even cringier than the one you tried to insult
>>
>>343825526

Sure complex levels can be cool but all it was was dead ends with extra loot and a couple backtracking areas. People acting like part 1 was deus ex choose everything you want to do when it was just optional loot farm.
>>
>>343825707
Where did you copy that from?
>>
>>343825789
I agree, games should just be arcade shooters that move you forward automatically while you shoot things. Everything else is a distraction, and mostly just optional loot or backtracking. All that gets in the way of what is important: The story and cutscenes.
>>
>>343823121
Underrated post
>>
File: barbiegoons.png (140 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
barbiegoons.png
140 KB, 600x600
>>343825707
Is this copypasta? Go back to SA.
>>
>>343825671
You need to step out of this place from time to time. Everyone loved this game. It was one of the best of 2013 and best of the gen. Just look at the steam reviews >>343823831 There are few games with overwhelmingly positive ratings.
>>
>>343825526
I wish people would stop presenting a reduction in complexity as an objective measure of a loss of intrinisic value.

Value is inherently subjective. I don't hold a personal preference for complex and intricate environments like those in Sys Shock 2 - the warehouse section in that game was quite large, but boring and confusing as fuck.
>>
>>343825992

Ya fucking farming a few medkits and ammo is the pinnacle of gaming, what could i be thinking
>>
>>343822629
Because /v/ tends to like the shittier entry in a franchise (i.e. Fallout New Vegas)
>>
File: maximum pfft.jpg (158 KB, 649x456) Image search: [Google]
maximum pfft.jpg
158 KB, 649x456
>>343826035
>>
>>343821330
>Your just as bad as them!

Calling a shit game shit is not the same as calling a shit game good.
>>
File: 48d.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
48d.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>343826089
>>
>>343825992
>being so shook that you need to strawman the fuck out of a totally reasonable

lmao step it up tbqh Senpai
>>
>>343825207
>What makes gunplay in 1 and 2 any way better?
multiple ammos for different enemy types
you can hold more than two weapons at once
some weapons even allowed you to make traps
you could even make makeshift projectile bombs with a jedi plasmid and an object with land mines
enemies had more variety in behavior
>>
Absolutly outstanding game, this is a new benchmark for game developers to strive for... have no hesitation if you are considering wether or not to buy this game... this is pure art expressed masterfully
>>
File: Not Todd.png (196 KB, 398x384) Image search: [Google]
Not Todd.png
196 KB, 398x384
>>343826089
I know. Everyone not from this dumb anime board knows Fallout BoS is the best entry in the series, only recently rivaled by Fallout 4!
>>
>>343826035
everyone also loved the star wars prequels when they came out and they changed their opinions over time
>>
>>343822878
Thanks for posting this anon, I love this guy. spot on critique
>>
>>343826134
So you're going to say all of those user reviews were paid for?

Why are you so hellbent on assuming YOU'RE right? Your OPINION is fact?
>>
File: 1461544098383.jpg (9 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
1461544098383.jpg
9 KB, 195x258
>>343826252
you look familiar. have I seen you somewhere before?
>>
File: downpour.png (195 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
downpour.png
195 KB, 300x300
>>343825740
Downpour has better "acting" than Silent Hill 2, but Silent Hill 2 has better voice acting.
>>
>>343826387

Feels = Reelz
>>
>>343826294
No they didn't.
>>
>>343826185
>Shitposting rather than responding.

>>343826087
I'm dead serious. I'm tired of all the walking around that games make you do. If games are going to grow as an artform, they need to focus on what makes them special and that's the cutscenes and storytelling. If you give the "player" too much freedom you risk them misunderstanding the message or experiencing it in a way that deviates from what we design. The best thing to do here is to remove these superfluous elements entirely. As an added bonus this saves time so the developer can focus more on the cutscenes that bring the game to life.
>>
>>343826505
Yes they did.
>>
If you hated everything about the original BioShock, don't bother with this game, it's very similar in many ways. However, once you get that out of the way, it's a much better version of it than the previous two. For example, while combat is still the same setup (replace plasmid with vigor) and enemies still can feel a little bullet-spongy (I recommend turning off health meters in the options menu, as well as most other HUD notifications), most encounters take place in these big open areas that are also densely packed with cool tactical options. The result is some thrilling and crazy combat moments that in most games would be heavily scripted. No more "electrocute-wrench" through the whole game. Graphically, you can sometimes see some flat textures up close reminding you that this is a game that has been worked on for 6 years, but on the whole it is quite gorgeous. Nice to play an FPS that doesn't look like a brown and grey modern military shooter or a future space war that might as well be a military shooter for how it looks.

On that note, this game has the best storytelling since Half-Life 2. No sitting through pre-rendered cutscenes full of people spewing exposition at you. Just exploring the environment explains what's going on in the world and hints at some weird stuff behind the surface. This game also deals with racism and religious fundamentalism in a far less heavy handed manner than you would expect. Nice to play a game that doesn't treat you like a moron who can't follow a simple story.

So in summary: Yes, if you go into this game expecting it to be the industry-changing miracle some people are making it out to be, you will be let down. But if you go in expecting an FPS that is far more immersive, original and entertaining than 95% of what you've played in the last few years, you'll get it. Hell, it's basically a 10-hour escort mission with a character you still care about by the end and never get annoyed with. That alone deserves some kudos.
>>
>>343826387
>Eat shit
>millions of flies can't be wrong!
>>
>>343826487
Are you trying to say it's the best swimmer in the kiddy pool? Who cares?
>>
>>343826537

fuck off, "freedom" give me a break. You call choosing corridor A or B freedom even though 1 is a dead end.
>>
>>343826558
Proof. Quantifiable proof that the MAJORITY of people liked phantom menace when it came out and thought it was incredible.
>>
>>343826537
I'm dead serious

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>343826615
>a character you still care about by the end and never get annoyed with

Fuck that. Elizabeth was an annoying cunt that got worse as time went on. Harping at you, threatening you with the tornado, everything to do with the songbird. I absolutely hated that shit.
>>
>>343820450
Its a pretty average game. Which means that /v/ will shit on it and call it the worst game ever made.
>>
Best game for last 5 years. Good Music, good and beauty graphics, perfect gameplay and amazing story with best ending i've seen ever! 10/10. And i think, I found my love. Elizabeth
>>
>>343826759
Besides the critic reviews that praised it as the second coming of Christ?
>>
>>343826698
No you piece of shit you shouldn't even have the second corridor. I'm serious here. By removing the ability to move your character it ensures that the player looks where the developer wants them to look and experiences what the developer wants them to see and hears what they want them to hear. We can ensure the player feels and experiences the story as it is intended without any delay or confusion or distraction.
>>
While this game is short, I feel that if it was longer it would have detracted from the experience. If you do not play this game, then at least watch a friend play it. This is an amazing game beyond what I expected from any game in 2013. The only problem I see is that games now have to live up to this standard.
>>
>>343826967

No wonder you have such shit opinions when you cant help but talk like a faggot
>>
>>343826967
Why is this faggot talking about movies? >>>/tv/
>>
>>343826961
You're not showing any proof. I don't see any links, any graphs, any statistics, any articles, any pictures, any newspapers. Just your anecdotal
>>
>>343827149
http://www.starwars.com/news/critical-opinion-the-phantom-menace-original-reviews
Here are 3 of them, underage.
>>
>>343827113
Have you even beat the game on 1999?
>>
>>343827310
No, I quit halfway through because I hated the fucking game.
>>
>>343827250
3 is not everyone. Phantom Menace never had universal acclaim.
>>
>>343827439
How many do you need?
>>
File: 1392334381015.png (286 KB, 552x530) Image search: [Google]
1392334381015.png
286 KB, 552x530
>>343824881
>>343824731
>the ghost fight

Someone looked at this during the production of the game and said "Hey, this is fine, put it into the game".

Someone designed this during production and said "I think this is a good fight and interesting enemy"

Someone playtested this and said "Yeah, I don't have any issues with this"

Someone reviewed this and said "What a great fight! It completely fits the tone of the rest of the game and isn't retarded or fucking tedious as hell"
>>
File: Bioshock skyoshock.jpg (358 KB, 1157x872) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock skyoshock.jpg
358 KB, 1157x872
>>343826861
Gameplay-wise it's just mediocre.

The issue here is that it is a step back in every way from the previous games in the series as far as gameplay goes. Thus it gets judged much more harshly since it could have been good in that department. Even if it made no changes at all instead of correcting existing weak points it would have been better than what it ended up with. That moves it from mediocre to bad, similar to Fallout 4.

What makes it terrible though is how fucking stupid and annoying the writing is. It is so incredibly stuck up its own ass and beats you over the head with everything without a hint of subtly, insight or self-awareness.

A bad game is one thing but a bad game that thinks it is the second coming of christ and goes out of its way to be as insulting as possible is going to be hated.
>>
>>343820450
Gameplay was shit, story was utter garbage. Only good thing about this game was the visuals. That's about it.
>>
>>343827647
>Someone reviewed this and said "What a great fight! It completely fits the tone of the rest of the game and isn't retarded or fucking tedious as hell"

>AND WHAT IF WE DO IT 2 MORE TIMES IN A ROW?

I just stood out of its AI area and sniped it to be honest. Bad fight, broken fight, bad game.
>>
File: phantom menace reviews.png (104 KB, 571x228) Image search: [Google]
phantom menace reviews.png
104 KB, 571x228
>>343827570
At least 50. 3 is not "acclaim" or even anything close to a consensus.
>>
>>343823137
practically every social issue they try and bring up.
racism to name one of the many.
>>
>>343827759
>counted 213
how many are from 1999?
>>
This is more than just a great game, it is a great work of art. The game is executed in a way that only can be done through video games. If this were a movie it wouldn't work. This is the game that may bring respect to videogames as an art form.
>>
>>343827759
>Reviews from 2015 when it is already established people turned on it
>>
I had doubts before preordering the game, but I gave it a shot, since I loved the bioshock games from the past, and I always liked the atmosphere which is unique to this game, no game has this kind of graphics, and sounds, and environment.
The gameplay, as always, fun to play, and not to easy, but possible, (not like those games that you die a thousand times to move on).
In addition to that, you have a unique companion, that aids you in many ways, Elizabeth will through you a coin she found, or a shotgun when you are out of ammo, also, her character is something I never saw, she moves along with you, not after you, she interacts with the world, like it was real, she would tell you her opinion or just go around and look.

If you love singleplayer games, and are looking for something fresh that no other game can offer, give this a shot, you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>343820450
>It's gaming's loftiest and most spectacular folly
This is not even remotely true, it sold tons of copies and got a bunch of GOTY noms

there have been much higher profile crash'n'burns in gaming, Infinite was literally nothing.
>>
>>343827759
notice how most of the negative reviews came out after the movies had already been released
>>
>>343827431
You are a wise man.
>>
>>343825280
My friend said something pretty similar to this and I swear to this day his taste in fucking everything is god awful.
I would of picked up the sarcasm if this wasn't what the average idiot said about infinite.
>>
File: bioshock infinite dem apples.jpg (97 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite dem apples.jpg
97 KB, 1100x618
>>343827720
>Only good thing about this game was the visuals

I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>343820889
>Fucking hell

Why are you mad about being in disagreement with brainless cocksuckers?
>>
>>343828114
I never understood why so many people praised the art direction to the game.
>>
>>343828096
>OH NOOOO MY FRIEND DOESN'T PLAY WEEBSHIT OR PIXELSHIT PLATFORMERS
>HIS TASTE IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
File: mfw tim.jpg (51 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
mfw tim.jpg
51 KB, 900x900
>>343826615
>I recommend turning off health meters in the options menu, as well as most other HUD notifications

Why do people think turning off the HUD makes it a better game?
>>
>>343827647
For the gameplay on 1999 mode everything up until that point I felt like I was forcing myself to continue playing. It got to the point where I was just abusing that invincibility exploit from the rails because of how shit it was dealing with the enemies. When I finally got to that I just outright quit because of how terrible it was. Granted, it's been so long that I don't know specifically what was wrong but I think I remember that dumb bitch being invulnerable and one-shotting you constantly. Actually her second phase was when I ALT + F4'd and uninstalled.

It's funny, only Bioshock Infinite and Fallout 4 have ever made me feel bad that I got them for free, because of how bad they were.
>>
Every once in a while a game comes out that blows your socks off. This game goes above in beyond in all areas. Superior story telling, combat, atmosphere, music. You feel immersed in the world and unable to quit playing. The details in the areas show the care given by the development team. This game was not rushed and will serve as proof to what games can accomplish. This game accomplishes what Half-Life did for its time period. I think Ken Levine said it best when referred to games as a better medium than movies and books because you pilot them. You get to participate and experience them. This is nothing short of a masterpiece and should be purchased by everyone.
>>
>>343828347
If his friend liked Bioshock infinite then thee is strong evidence they have shit taste.
>>
>>343828543
did you copypaste this from steam or metacritic?
>>
Never played it, honestly got my fill of this series after the first 2 games. From what I gather though it's not particularly good outside of being the vidya equivalent of Oscar bait.
>>
Bioshock infinite is very beautiful. The gameplay is smooth and fun, the atmosphere is so detailed, and the theme is mature. Alot of effort has been put into this game and it shows. Easily deserves its critical acclaim.
>>
If it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's also literally the best video game I've played in the past 5 years.
>>
>>343828096
Looks like his cum had a bad taste too, because you are so fucking bitter m8
>>
>>343828347
>implying im a weeb
(You)
>>
>>343820450
The story is retarded, the gameplay is worse than a shooter from 2007, and even on 1999 Mode the game is piss easy because Elizabeth just throws you whatever you need and there's no incentive to protect her. Worst of all, the entire game was a complete rewrite months from launch because Levine is a hack. They didn't even change the massive build up to the fight with Songbird and just left you with a five second "he's an ally now" writing.

I've never seen a bigger example of "journalists" being complete morons and just an arm of the devs PR.
>>
>>343828582
But you see, Infinite's not a bad game.
>>
File: 1440996947148.jpg (87 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1440996947148.jpg
87 KB, 500x600
>>343820889
> Was it a bad game? No
Yes it fucking was.

I would love to know what fucking genius decided on the two weapon system in a game where you upgrade weapons and have incredibly limited ammo. I would love to know what fucking genius decided on randomized loot so you couldn't plan out different builds. I would love to know what fucking genius decided anything about Finkton made sense.

I bought Bioshock Infinite for full price because I loved Bioshock 1 and 2, and I adored System Shock 2. Infinite was a bad fucking game.

For fucks sakes, how could anyone fight that goddamn ghost three times and go HMMM YEAH 10/10 NO FLAWS?
>>
I rank this game up with half life standards, from beginning to end it is phenomenal, elizabeth is not only a extremely loveable character but also the best sidekick that ive had in a long time, AI is amazing! I dont want to spoil anything or give any hints, just get the game, believe me. There is nothing left but a ten...
>>
Only the ending is good and it falls apart once you think about it logically.
>>
>>343824109
Really? I thought it pulled in mad casual dosh.
>>
File: shrek bioshrek infinite.png (51 KB, 789x977) Image search: [Google]
shrek bioshrek infinite.png
51 KB, 789x977
>>343828868
I agree, bad doesn't go far enough.
>>
File: DK64.jpg (38 KB, 480x614) Image search: [Google]
DK64.jpg
38 KB, 480x614
>>343826035
DK64 was beloved when it first came out, had an 90 on MC and everything.

Now it's considered an overly bloated collectathon mess and one of Rare's weakest works.
>>
>>343824663
>>343822086
What, specifically, are people upset about with FO4? I never played it because it looks like the same damn game I've played a million times already. Are people finally starting to realize this?
>>
>>343826135
Calling a game dogshit before you play it is just as retarded as calling it GOAT before you play it.
>>
>>343829000
It did but it couldn't outpace its insane marketing budget.
>>
>>343829000
Which shows just how amazingly Levine fucked everything up. The game was massively expensive and everyone got fired.
>>
File: his balls were THIS big!.webm (3 MB, 840x524) Image search: [Google]
his balls were THIS big!.webm
3 MB, 840x524
>>343822535
>>
>>343829002
Oh and guess what, you can do this with Half Life and Soul Reaver as well! Not Shrek but swap other stories! Congratulations! You found out there are no original stories
>>
>>343827956
It sold boatloads but still not enough to keep Irrational from going under. That's pretty fucking bad.
>>
File: Jan_Matejko,Stańczyk.jpg (629 KB, 2500x1870) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko,Stańczyk.jpg
629 KB, 2500x1870
>>343828878
>I bought Bioshock Infinite for full price because I loved Bioshock 1 and 2, and I adored System Shock 2. Infinite was a bad fucking game.

Anon, I am so sorry for your loss.

I pirated it and I still felt ripped off. I can't even begin to imagine how terrible it was for you.
>>
>>343822441
I'm right with you. TLoU knew exactly what story it wanted to tell, and told it succinctly and with tact. Infinite tried to make up for its lack of character with all that metaphysical BS and fell flat on its face.
>>
>>343829093
That's pretty much it actually yes.
>>
>>343829246
Bioshock Infinite is shit and it isn't because it is unoriginal.
>>
File: 1463680184065.jpg (93 KB, 848x960) Image search: [Google]
1463680184065.jpg
93 KB, 848x960
I don't wanna be that guy, but if Matthewmatosis never made that video and btfo of every journalist, this article would never have been written. He would still be sucking it's dick.
>>
>>343820450
Oh fucking irony to the max

You cant fucking review a game and say its the greatest thing ever then retract it and rereview it later. Fucking cowards making shitty clickbait when it suits them after getting all the perks of sucking the developers dick at release.
>>
File: 1435275695095.jpg (31 KB, 506x527) Image search: [Google]
1435275695095.jpg
31 KB, 506x527
>>343829215
>Elizabeth has giant doe eyes and piranha plant lips
>citizens all have proportional faces
>>
>>343829579
You really think a random guy with like 40,000 subscribers really fucking matters in the grand scheme of things?

The guy is a literal who. His opinion doesn't fucking matter. He's not some god.
>>
>>343829690
Oldest trick in the book, anon. Disney has been doing it for 80+ years.
>>
>>343829423
Hey, it could have been worse. I could have been a retard and bought the season pass. I remember distinctly that the schmuck from Gamestop tried to get me to sign up, telling me that it would add in coop. Apparently Blunder at Seat was a fucking piece of garbage that was only praised for ditching the two weapon limit.

Speaking of pieces of garbage, is there even a Bioshock General thread on /vg/ anymore? Holy shit, that place was pathetic.
>>
>>343829770
That video got 400,000 views and he basically quoted it in the article. Yes, it mattered.
>>
>>343829579
Not true, his video barely has over 400,000 views.

Good video but not an important one.
>>
>>343820450
Why do gaming journos matter?

I thought it was great, my friends thought it was great. I replay it every now and then. Still holds up.
>>
File: infinitebullshit.jpg (618 KB, 1018x903) Image search: [Google]
infinitebullshit.jpg
618 KB, 1018x903
>this thread
>>
>>343820450
It was one of those games where you can notice just how fucked development was. For example there is a mechanic involving keys at the beginning of the first act, to open a chest, this is literally never brought up again.

Initially Booker and Elizabeth wre a simple rip off of the couple from the Conjuring, Brawl and Super Natural, you can see this in early footage, as time went on Levine changed direction every couple of months, the entire bioshock team was sick and tired of Levine schizophrenia.

http://gamerant.com/bioshock-infinite-development-epic-games-rod-fergusson/
There are two other complimentary articles at gamasutra and polygon retelling how the original bioshock team started to leave irrational one guy at the time.
>>
File: OHFUCKWHY.png (981 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
OHFUCKWHY.png
981 KB, 1600x900
>>343829690
Could be worse, you could try throwing a cartoon character into a same game with uncanny realistic looking humans.
>>
>>343830065
jesus christ

Nobody defending this game can defend this image
>>
>>343829975
So? I just checked and it only has 12,000 likes and 2,000 dislikes. The video gets reposted and circlejerked a lot here too, so I suspect only around 20,000 UNIQUE people have seen it.

A literal who
>>
>>343830137
Remember how Vigors had no point in the plot and made zero sense in the society of the game, and you only ever fought like two enemy types that used them?
>>
>>343829579
He's not the only Youtube critic who shat all over Bioshock Infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2cSKBFBDQ
>>
>>343830327
>400k views
>Only 20k unique ones because these 20k people have re-watched it over 20 times each

Jesus christ, even after all these years I'm still amazed by the stupidity that posters here can display.
>>
>>343830357
Yeah and who the fuck is this? Another literal who. What makes his opinion fact? Funhaus loved it still and replay it all the time like everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSw0ijsHFf8
>>
>BioShock Infinite is a game that wants to have its cake and eat it, and rather than accept its limitations, rips a hole in the fabric of reality to do so. It's gaming's loftiest and most spectacular folly, a monument to the mad extremes this industry will sometimes go to in search of a better version of an idea already explored to exhaustion.

Is it just me or is this all just incoherent rambling from someone who sounds like they're trying real hard to look clever? I doesn't actually say anything about them game. Those are the most masturbatory 2 sentences I've ever seen.
>>
>>343830357
>praising that shitty scene of Elizabeth playing a song for the kid in the basement
Holy shit, this guy is retarded.
>>
File: 1352168515408.png (98 KB, 288x277) Image search: [Google]
1352168515408.png
98 KB, 288x277
The only things I can distinctly remember about Infinite are the Todd Howard levels of bullshit the devs spewed about 1999 mode and that it didn't even have a final boss.
>>
>>343830560
>32,403 views
Talk about a literal who.
>>
File: 1389800595386.png (394 KB, 598x564) Image search: [Google]
1389800595386.png
394 KB, 598x564
>spend entire game portraying the upper classes of Columbia as vicious racists and slavedrivers
>try to equivocate and pretend that the Vox Populi are just as bad
>>
>>343829246
But you never saved alex in HL2 and she wasn't trapped in any tower.
>>
>>343830307
I realised it had plot holes, but not this fucking many. Especially asking why the twins stole Booker's daughter and gave it to the alternate timeline booker
>>
File: 4chan v discussion in a nutshell.png (243 KB, 1349x1975) Image search: [Google]
4chan v discussion in a nutshell.png
243 KB, 1349x1975
>>343830598
Yeah, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Eurogamer have been doing a lot of clickbait lately. They even did an article saying Uncharted 4 was a walking sim even though you can clearly die in the game. I think they're just regurgitating /v/ opinions or something and have somebody on staff that actually takes what's posted here seriously.
>>
>>343830945
they were
>>
>>343830838
video was posted like a month ago on his personal channel compared to funhaus main channel with a million subscribers.

That matthew guy's video is over 3 years old and he only has 100,000 subscribers
>>
File: bioshock infinite.jpg (3 MB, 3148x2338) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite.jpg
3 MB, 3148x2338
>>343820450
>>
>>343820541
this. its okay. it sucks compared to previous -shock games though.
>>
File: bioshock infinite codes.jpg (1 MB, 2550x800) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite codes.jpg
1 MB, 2550x800
>>343831205
>>
File: 1458477208010.png (235 KB, 390x401) Image search: [Google]
1458477208010.png
235 KB, 390x401
>>343830065
>>343830307
>>343830992
>judging a story by how many plotholes it has
plebs
>>
>>343830992
Also, the first preview where Elizabeth was ugly but the grappling hooks were actually used as an escape were genius. You could've actually traveled the world with them
>>
>>343825239
everytime I read something this cunt writes I facepalm instantly. seriously how the fuck are these people paid to give the most retarded opinions and then it's gobbled up by normies? holy fucking shit I'm mad.
>>
>>343831324
>its okay
It really isn't. Time is way too valuable to be wasted on a FPS campaign where everything is mediocre at best (and very few elements of gameplay in Infinite hit mediocre).
>>
File: BioShock level design.jpg (663 KB, 2768x1022) Image search: [Google]
BioShock level design.jpg
663 KB, 2768x1022
>>343831341
3/3 of my Infinite dump, and I know some of these are cherrypicked to show it at its worst but it's pretty indefensible. Mechanics like lockpicking and hacking were literally turned into a "press X to win" by commanding Elizabeth to do everything for you.
>>
>>343829579
I always hated Bioshock Infinite. The plot was literally garbage, and not just garbage in that it was bad, garbage in that it retroactively ruined the other Bioshock games by making them part of a retarded multiple-universe plot whose very existence was a contrived excuse for them to keep making shitty Bioshock games with the same fucking premise over and over.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>343829095
Evidence showed it'd be shit.
It was.
I played it, it was boring and also shit.
Never fight songbird, the ghost crap was retarded, the only amusement was the throwback racism because someone has to draw it and they were most likely triggered.
>>
It's not a masterpiece from a gameplay perspective but I still think the whole time travelling / parallel universe/ alternate realities plot was fantastically well done, and the big reveal at the end *was* masterful. It blew me away when I first experienced it, and had me thinking about it and turning it over in my mind for weeks afterwards. Hardly any other game has done that, and only a handful of special films, so for me, giving me that memorable experience outweighs any of the failings elsewhere.
>>
>>343830271
I still can't believe this got made.
>>
1 day ago
Even at the time I knew there would eventually be a bit of a backlash against Infinite, it always occurred to me that people were praising the wrong things about the game. Nevertheless it remains a game I'll always defend a little because despite not being the game people thought it was, or as an actual game as good as something like Half-Life 2 (easily top 3 favourite all time game for me), it remains an exceptional experience for the people for whom it resonates with.
>>
>>343831935
>It's not a masterpiece from a gameplay perspective but I still think the whole time travelling / parallel universe/ alternate realities plot was fantastically well done, and the big reveal at the end *was* masterful
How did you feel about the DLC completely retconning the ending and revealing it was a massive waste of time?
>>
Absolutely not disagreeing with anything in this analysis as I don't really look for anything especially deep in my games but I will say I enjoyed it from a gameplay perspective and it was pretty fantastic from an aesthetic point of view. Anything that reminds me of Laputa or Steel Empire can't be all bad.
>>
>>343828096
He's probably not a virgin though
>>
I got this game and the DLC during the Steam sale because I had gift card money to spend. Did I actually fuck up? My expectations aren't very high, and I'm aware that the story isn't worth all the praise it got, but I figured it would at least be a decent single-player shooter.

I skipped some other games I thought I was going to buy, because they weren't as cheap as they were last summer... but BioShock Infinite never seems to go below $7.49 no matter how long I wait, and I didn't want to wait any more.
>>
>>343832217
It's debatable and controversial, but you don't have to think of it as canon. After all, it is DLC and an afterthought. I think the premise and universe of Infinite allows for interpretation more than concrete plot succession.
>>
>>343832282
He's a kisless virgin who's favorite game is KH. I love the guy he's my best pal, but honestly he way too passive and carefree.
>>
>>343832431
Booker is Comstock, enjoy

>>343832516
So what the fuck is the point of a story-focused series where you just go "LOL ITS NOT CANON?"

Calling it an afterthought is pretty lame since the game shipped with a fucking season pass.

> I think the premise and universe of Infinite allows for interpretation more than concrete plot succession.
Oh please, don't tell me you praised the choices all being meaningless as a deep design decision too.
>>
>>343832431
I pirated it and still feel like I paid too much. I think you made a mistake.
>>
>>343832431
I hope you got the 3 pack. No idea what it was this sale but all three BioShock games have frequently been available for $10. Make sure you play 2, it has the best gameplay in the series by a wide margin.
>>
>>343833038
2 is generic and unbalanced as fuck.
>>
>>343833038
>Make sure you play 2, it has the best gameplay in the series by a wide margin.

Absolutely correct.
>>
>>343832775
>Booker is Comstock, enjoy

I know that spoiler. I don't really care about the story, as I've already said I know it's not very good. So basically you didn't ruin anything. You just failed to answer my question.

Once you get past the fact that the story is just a video-game-tier story and that normies were stupid as fuck for treating it like Shakespeare, is the game actually fun to play?
>>
>>343830307
It doesn't even go into detail about how the gameplay itself feels trivial and simple. Doom has more complex enemy-player interactions. The guns are uninspired and the upgrade mechanic is dull and pointlessly mandatory since enemies get more hp later on anyway, all the tonics outside of a couple are redundant as hell, and Elizabeth adds nothing to the gameplay other than a resource vending machine. I'm sure there's more but I only played it through once at release.
>>
>>343833113
Imbalance doesn't exist in a single player game
>>
>>343833113
It wasn't generic. It was a bit unbalanced with some of the builds you can set up, but that's not a real problem since trying to set up fun combos and abilities is great in games.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.