[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/hBlBtP3-x_w The fuck?! What are your thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: scorn-750x400.jpg (94 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
scorn-750x400.jpg
94 KB, 750x400
https://youtu.be/hBlBtP3-x_w

The fuck?!

What are your thoughts?
>>
I can't tell if it's trying to be edgy or if it maybe genuine in its desire to be so far out there as to be something wholey new.

Horror exploration, in the video there what we can only assume to be guns?..... so many questions.
>>
>>343816240
It's certainly got an HR Geiger feel to it.
I won't deny felt a bit unsettled there, it's quite an unnerving art style. Like a mix of body horror and a the uncanny valley.

No idea what to make of it though. This video seemed to just be a demonstration of the visuals and atmosphere they're going for.
>>
>>343816716
How is it edgy in any way?
>>
File: untitled-13.jpg (89 KB, 945x990) Image search: [Google]
untitled-13.jpg
89 KB, 945x990
The art direction is cool as hell, but I don't want to get excited until I see an actual game.

The last thing I want is another walking simulator that occasionally has monsters slowly shamble towards you.
>>
>>343817359
"Edgy" doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>
You missed the thread earlier today which consisted mostly of two or three artfags arguing about how this game was/wasnt a true homage to Giger.
>>
File: HRGIGERBAR_GRUYERES051.jpg (389 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
HRGIGERBAR_GRUYERES051.jpg
389 KB, 960x640
>>343816240
That trailer gave me no idea what the game is going to be like, but I´m digging the Giger art style
>>
Everything looks disgusting and yet I want to lick all that shit I wonder what it tastes like
>>
Im going to buy it. Or pirate it. Pirating it would be nice.
>>
>>343817751
I want to fuck it and cum so deep inside everything Fuck i'm such a degenerate.
>>
>>343817716
>Geiger themed architecture
>chairs don't have giant dicks built into the seats
immersion ruined
>>
>>343817691
well it was one guy yesterday acting like he was the authority on dis shit, even said that he worked for EA and lead a team of 50 people or some shit. "what did you just say you little shit. . ." copypasta comes to mind

acted like a retarded child though, and then just fucked off after he initially declared he would " fix" the PC

>>343741340
>>343741582
was where he started

>>343753037is a good summary of what happened

did he come back today?
>>
>>343817691
But it's literally Giger with some Bekinskiikikikisi
>>
>>343816240
Shit, I have definitely seen some of this footage before! Was this footage released under a different name or something a few years ago?

I remember because I went looking for the game it belonged to and bought The Void, which looks similar.

But this has several distinct scenes in it that made me realize that I'd definitely seen it before.
>>
>>343819814
I think it was just this video from a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=765bzjnywQc
>>
Looks pretty sick. Will probably end up like The Void.
>>
I appreciate them trying to do something different. What I don't like is the fact that the devs are from my shithole of a country. The gameplay will be poor, I suspect. Gonna be like Technomancer, where I'll like the premise and shit but the movement and the combat and the everything else will be utter crap.
>>
>>343817615
Edgy, at least to me, means daring, not pulling any punches and even sometimes being offensive on purpose. But the modern meaning of the word is more in line with the stereotypical nihilistic emo/goth "i hate my parents" 15-18 year old.
>>
>>343820916
I always equated it to being daring for the sake of being daring but only because they are looking for a rise and don't actually intended on displaying something wholey unique for the sake of creativity.
>>
>>343816240
looks good
>>
File: Scorn-52.jpg (93 KB, 1280x445) Image search: [Google]
Scorn-52.jpg
93 KB, 1280x445
Guess it's going to be a VR game
>>
>>343820487
From how the movement looked you might be right. Although it is alpha simple movements like turning or walking appeared very touch and out of tune with rest of the games slimey slithering asthetic.
>>
>>343821743
>daring for the sake of being daring
Which is a question that doesn't even present itself to the observer if it's done right. For example Bill Hicks was a very edgy comedian, a lot of his material was edgy for the sake of it but it also got his audience to start thinking. I'd say that if a story gets you thinking, not matter how shocking, juvenile and/or offensive it may be presented, it's done well.
>>
File: 1467487687661.jpg (586 KB, 1024x1008) Image search: [Google]
1467487687661.jpg
586 KB, 1024x1008
>>343816240
It looks fucking great, like a modern day Dark Seed.
I'm just afraid that it's gonna use it's visuals as main selling point and the gameplay will probably just be a walking simulator or a spooky Amnesia type game.
>>
>>343822536
That's where I think edgy can't be used so black and white but yet still defined in black in white means. I don't think a thing can be edgy if the creator had the intent all along to get people thinking. However I still agree that if something not correctly presented can come off as edgy.

Some people try and be edgy for the sake of being edgy and for no other reason.

Some people say/do/create/etc things that can be precieved as edgy regardless of the creators intent.

The game Hatred is what I believe to be a perfect example of being edgy for the sake of the edge.

Where as HR Gieger made his art because it's just what his creative muse at the time had him doing (so to speak).
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.