[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one was better? Nostalgiafags aren't allowed to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (175 KB, 1671x1020) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
175 KB, 1671x1020
Which one was better?

Nostalgiafags aren't allowed to have an opinion.
>>
>>343812349
>>
>>343812349
>>
>>343812349
max payne 2 is the only correct answer.

max payne 3 had _nothing_ to do with max payne and was 80% cutscene - the pacing was GOD FUCKING AWFUL.
>>
>>343812349
Two
>>
1 or 3

2 was shit fuck you
>>
>>343812349
Finngol Max best Max.
>>
>>343812865
Fuck you, you're shit.
>>
>>343812349
1 and 2 are very different but I love them both. 1 had better atmosphere, tone, writing was weirdly cheesy poetic and it was great, the shooting felt more like a fight for survival.

In 2 you were overpowered and a badass, but it had better visuals, physics and I think the pacing of the levels is a bit better.

The 3rd one is good, has great gunplay, but I'm really bothered by the cutscenes. There were barely any in 1 and 2 and you can quickly skip the comic like stuff. Here you must wait at least a while for it to load.
>>
File: Reigns5-600x296.jpg (31 KB, 600x296) Image search: [Google]
Reigns5-600x296.jpg
31 KB, 600x296
"Oh boy its dark in some places but its sunny everywhere else"
>>
File: 1464577218115.png (52 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
1464577218115.png
52 KB, 421x248
>>343812349
what the fuck do you mean with nostalgia fags aren't allowed to have an opinion? 2 out of the 3 games are old as fuck you stupid nigger
>>
>>
>Story and level design
>Gameplay
>being a shitty GTA multiplayer demo

1 had the grenade launcher, so I'm gonna have to give it to MP1.
>>
3 > 1 > 2
>>
>>343813495
>>
Story

1 > 2 > 3

Gameplay

3 > 2 > 1
>>
Max Payne 2 and 3 are both games very close to my heart. MP2 was just mind blowingly good at the time, but it's a little short. MP3 is probably the best 3rd person shooter ever made, at least in terms of gameplay. Whether it succeeds as a Max Payne game is debatable - I think Rockstar succeeded in putting their own stamp on it, but I do miss the Remedy touch.

I didn't play Max Payne 1 until quite recently, I enjoyed it and I can see how good and fresh and exciting it must have been when it came out, but it didn't affect me in the same way the other two did.

I regard Quantum Break as a spiritual successor as it has the same essence. I'd love to see another Rockstar produced sequel too.
>>
right now I'm gonna say 3.
>>
2 is the best replayable experience.
Best levels, Dead Man Walking, all that good stuff.
1 would be better off if it didn't need a goddamn audio patch every time you install it.
>>
>>343812349
3 would be the best one if you weren't forced to watch 3hrs of cutscenes. ALl unskippable of course
>>
File: max-payne-2001.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
max-payne-2001.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>343812349
1 has the best face unarguably
>>
1>3>2

I really don't like the Bullet-time mechanics in 2. At first the idea of everything slowing down more and more is kind of cool, but it's so broken that it kind of feels like cheating.
>>
>>343812349
Gameplay : 3
Story/setting : 2
Payne in the ASS : 1

the holy trinity
>>
2>1>3
>>
Gameplay alone 3 is the best but the cut sscenes were od
>>
>1
better atmosphere
>2
better gameplay

the other one is not Max Payne
>>
1>3>2

2 got annoying after the thousandth time Max does he's stupid reload flip. The story is fucking stupid and fucking Mona was stupid. Also it's piss easy compared to the other 2.
>>
Mona a shit. Go to your desk and press e to write a report a shit. Go to interrogations room and roll around until notCutsnene ends a shit. Go through this empty map for no fucking reason, just to repeat it later with enemies a shit. Still bothering with fucking retarded nightmare levels a shit.
>>
>>343812349
>>
>>
>>343813495
so did MP3
>>
>>343812349
>>
I never quite realized until recently that the events of 1 happen pretty much in consecution. I always figured Max would go take a break between the episodes or something. Like have a beer.

Instead, he witnesses his old mate being killed, invades a crack house, rides on top of a metro, gets beaten with a baseball bat, has terrible hallusinogetic nightmares about his dead family, invades a harbour full of armed goons, invades a factory full of military men, invades a mansion of criminals, gets beaten again, hallucinates about being a vidya character, and finally invades a skyskraper full of enemies, blowing up a helicopter in the process - did I miss something? - all in the timelapse of about two days.

Max is hardcore as fuck.
>>
>>343816167
Mona gets "killed" because she tried to save Max
>>
>>343812349

I like 1 just because Max Payne looks constipated all throught the game.
>>
File: MP2 gunplay.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MP2 gunplay.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>343812349
Max Payne 2, although I enjoyed them all
>>
File: feel 2.png (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel 2.png
7 KB, 645x773
>>343813162
"Time moves forward and nothing changes"
My life currently
>>
I really enjoyed 3 so I would say this one.
>>
where is my comic book. I was told there was comic books in max payne
>>
Max Payne 3 bullet time feels shitty, I know that he's supposed to be old and washed up but meh.
>>
File: Why me and What if.jpg (474 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Why me and What if.jpg
474 KB, 1440x900
I'd probably say 1, but you can't go wrong with any of them. 1 had great writing and gameplay, 2 had great writing, but the gameplay was a little lacking, 3 had fantastic gameplay, but it was broken up by the cutscenes and the writing, while not bad, didn't match up to the other two, and it felt too much like Man on Fire. I love the three of them though.
>>
It's called Max Payne 2 because that's how many minutes it takes to beat it
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.