[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine a world where Demon's Souls was never released as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
Imagine a world where Demon's Souls was never released as the first game in the soulsborne series, but rather as the latest game

Now imagine you go into your local game store to pick up the newly released Demon's Souls. You've been a huge fan of the series and had a blast with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 so this game should be just as great, right?

You start up the game, and create your character. Your first reaction being "Why are the character models so bad? Why do they have less customization options than the previous games?"

Despite these initial criticisms of the game you decide to persist. Your character spawns into the game and you question as to why everything seems so floaty. Why your attacks have no weight to them and why your character seems to glide across the floor.

As you progress further into the game you keep asking yourself similar questions.
Why did they make magic so boringly strong?
Why did they remove estus in favor of unlimited healing items?
Why are the armor choices so limited?
What the hell is "world tendency" and why is it never explained in game?
Why is the upgrade system so needlessly convoluted?
Why are all the final world bosses full of boring gimmicks?
Why does item burden even exist?
What's with the boring color pallet for all the levels?
Why is the soundtrack so repetitive?
Where are all the diverse weapon choices?
Why are people invading me with that same stupid spear and why is my armor now suddenly broken?
Why do I have to kill this same enemy 5000 times just to get this stupidly rare upgrade item? Why can't I just buy it?
Why did they make this boring game?

Just imagine this world /v/, where nostalgia didn't exist for demon's souls
where it can be exposed for the garbage it truly is...
>>
You're fucking retarded. Of course you make exceptions for the first game of a franchise made 7 years ago.
>>
>>343807181
yes even calling it the best in the series when it's arguably the most flawed

bravo!
>>
>>343807181
And many of his complaints are very minor or stretching things massively.
>>
>>343807181

This.

OP is a spoiled retard.

You can take this stupid whining, and apply it to literally any game ever made.

>Imagine a world where super mario brothers wasnt the first game in the series, but rather the latest game.
>>
>>343807181
>>343807512
>>343807627
It's a copypasta.
>>
File: 1465774166063.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1465774166063.png
296 KB, 649x649
Delete this shit you massive faggot
>>
I love pasta
>>
>>343805476
Demon souls wouldnt of had half these things if it wasn't the first game and was released today
>>
>>343807512
such as?

>>343807810
>>343807892
>>343808094

>nostalgia babbys in denial

>>343808169
you mean like the superior dark souls 1,2, and 3?...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>implying
>>
>soulsborne

can't we just talk about souls games...
>>
my favorite soulsborne games is lords of the fallen, it has a health bar and a stamina bar and is in 3rd person with big monsters!
>>
File: 1467159216188.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1467159216188.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Bloodborne is best
>>
That's an odd way of saying Dark Souls is a half finished mess.
>>
>cucks will never play Demon's Souls
>cucks will never play Bloodborne
>cucks will never play the best From games
>>
Imagine a world where we could talk about this series on /v/ rather than representing opinons as facts and responding to any actual discussion with memes and strawmen
>>
DeSfags on suicide watch
>>
>>343805476
You're taking a game that was released seven years ago and comparing it to its successors.
That doesn't make any fucking sense. Try harder with your bait.
>>
>>343805476
tl;dr
>>
>>343810440
I like how From managed to not finish its successor yet the people who never got to play Demons blindly believe the first Dark Souls is the best game in the franchise.
>>
I love demon's souls, but it's not even in my top 3 souls games.

World tendency and inventory burden are unforgivable.
>>
>>343805476
I'm not even a big souls fan but holy shit OP is fucking retarded.
>>
>>343808365
Not really. More like bloodborne
>>
>>343805476
So, if Demon's Souls was never released, then there was never a Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I'd imagine that Demon's Souls would still be a hit today since those games never existed to piggyback off the ground it trailblazed.
>>
This is why I never take people seriously when they say you must play games in release order.
If the first one didn't age very well, someone new to the series has a good chance of dropping the series altogether if they start with the first one.
>>
>>343814526

On the flip side if someone doesnt start with the first game, they usually get spoiled by better mechanics and QoL improvements, leading to them not wanting to play the first game anymore.

You should ALWAYS play a series in release order so that you can follow the evolution of the series' gameplay mechanics better.
>>
>>343805476
If a game in a series is old but flawed you can excuse it based on the times. If Demon's Souls FAILED to ever adapt and improve the series and remain stagnant THEN, I would maybe agree with some of your points.
The greta thing about FROMSOFT is even after universal acclaim, they still take criticism and strive to improve their newer games.
Demon's Souls was best in concept and creating/spawning the winning formula.
>>
>>343814858
That's a much smaller problem. If they love later games in the series enough they'll be able to appreciate the earlier games anyway. If they don't love them they won't feel the need to play earlier games.
>>
>>343809672
No one is going to dispute that BB is the best. They're discussing between the Souls titles.
>>
>>343807181
First post best post.
>>
So imagine a world where after completing Dark Souls 1 and 2, a man finds a second hand PS3 for sale with Demon's.

Actually, was part way through writing a story - but fuck it.

Important thing is that every weapon in DeS is a tool with a specific power that defeats a specific enemy. The enchanted weapons play to the resistances and weaknesses of enemies, and the Standard/Thrust/Blunt is resisted by different types.

Further, each boss is a puzzle and unique.

Multiple playthroughs can feel different because of the level select.

There is the nice reward for experienced players to not die in the tutorial.
>>
File: image.jpg (322 KB, 657x1743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322 KB, 657x1743
>>343805476
>predecesors to games in a franchise will be less refined than its sequels

Wow op, who would have though?
>>
File: 1465886933501.jpg (466 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465886933501.jpg
466 KB, 1280x1920
>>343817014
>Important thing is that every weapon in DeS is a tool with a specific power that defeats a specific enemy. The enchanted weapons play to the resistances and weaknesses of enemies, and the Standard/Thrust/Blunt is resisted by different types.

only really true for blunt damage vs skeleton enemies
also carrying multiple items for different situations goes against the item burden design choice they implemented

bad game design

>Further, each boss is a puzzle and unique.
this isn't necessarily a good thing, all the final world bosses suck ass
nobody has fun fighting gimmick shit like storm king and dragon god

>Multiple playthroughs can feel different because of the level select.

yes that's great but dark souls 1 and 2 do similar things

>>343817662
>>343816323
>>343807181
so we can call demons souls the best in the series but when I say it's the worst we come up with bullshit excuses? nice one!

also dark souls, demons souls, and dark souls 2 all came out in the same generation
so fuck off with your bullshit please, you're acting like I'm comparing kings field to dark souls 3
>>
Nostalgiafags really are the worst.
>>
Just a reminder. If you didn't play DeS on release your opinion on the series doesn't really count. You came in at the same time as the epic sunbro memes so you're cancer by association.
>>
>>343819556
You would have a point if anyone was calling DeS the best in the series.
>>
File: 1449225723390.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1449225723390.png
128 KB, 308x308
Alrighty then. Have fun in here, guys.
>>
>>343820584
OMFG PATRICK BBQ SAUCE
sorry I just had a bit of a nerdgasm I loved watching spongebob growing up as a kid

anyway
op ur a fag
only bad thing about demons souls is that theirs no sun bros to praise it with!
>>
if anyone wants to play, the game seems a bit lively today. already been summoned twice at SL 18
>>
>>343805476
its the worst souls game, every game even 2 improved on it in some way.
BB > DS1 = DS3 > DS2 > DeS
stay angry demoncucks.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.