[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HORSE ARMOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: HORSE ARMOR.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
HORSE ARMOR.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>HORSE ARMOR
>>
If it was released today no one would bat an eyelid
>>
>>343804972
Take a steam screenshot for fuck's sake you tech hick.
>>
>>343806734
No?
>>
>>343807251
No one wants to see shitty phone pics of your computer screen.
>>
>>343805291
Bethesda is the reason why we have all this shitty DLC today, but everyone keeps sucking Todd's dick and falling for his lies.
>>
Is there an example of bullshit DLC before this or is it the progenitor?
>>
>>343809681
>bethesda is the reason
>not EA
and bethesda doesn't even do this shit anymore, all the dlc for skyrim and fallout 4 were pretty substantial from what i heard
>>
>>343809893
fairly certain this is it
>>
>>343810106
the robot shit and the minecraft thing in Fo4 both seem on par with horse armor.
>>
>>343810106
Bethesda started it and other companies saw it was ok to do, so they started doing it too.
>>
>tfw you brought the Horse Armor the day it came out
>tfw you never used it because you couldn't figure out how
>>
>>343805291
And, if you recall, everyone saw this coming.
>>
>>343810657
>>343810551

Don't buy it? Bethesda I'll give credit to for supporting modding and at least attempting to to bring mods to consoles

The whole paid ordeal was a step backwards but until they bring it back, they get a pass from me

Free money from retards who think horse armor and shit is worth buying
>>
File: image.jpg (444 KB, 1024x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
444 KB, 1024x799
Oblivion used to be one of my favorite games a while back but I just played it again the other day and I gotta say it was so fucking boring it gave me permanent neck pain and now I have a forward head
>>
>>343811560
>it's ok that a company started one of the most cancerous things that is killing the game industry, because they do other stuff I like
>>
I never understood the meme around this.

What was wrong with the horse armor dlc?
>>
>>343813026
>implying Bethesda started it

Stop placing blame incorrectly, fucktard.

>cancerous killing the industry
That would be casuals and pandering to casual audiences who absolutely buy useless shit like that, and hats, and other pointless things.
>>
>>343813320
It was the beginning of the end. You have to remember that before that, dlc was closer to bloodmoon or the shivering isles, though other companies may or may not have delivered as much.
>>
>>343811792
Hideo was tip toeing in this pic.
>>
>>343813658
I take that back, dlc didn't exist and there were legitimate expansions that added to the game or changed it entirely. If horse armor wasn't the first, it was the worst of that time. It's actually when I stopped paying for vidya.
>>
>>343813320
nothing "wrong" in the same way a stray rock striking an icy cliff and starting an avalanche does nothing "wrong"

they did a thing and it started an avalanche
>>
>>343813593
Then who started it?
Horse armor is the first well known example of popular cosmetic DLC in the west.
>>
>>343810551
the robot shit is awesome though. You can build and modify your own robot companions, give them all sorts of weapon combinations, give them crazy looking custom built bodies, and give them a personality.

A fallout 4 hourse armor tier DLC would be like a reskin of Dogmeat into a malmute.
>>
>>343813792
shut the fuck up Todd
>>
to be fair, if bethesda didn't do it, someone else would have. at least most of their DLC since was actual content.
>>
>>343811792
i'm replaying oblivion right now and i'm loving it
>>
>>343814090
or just dog armor
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 600x803
>>343813792
Explain this
>>
>>343814352
>someone else would have
There's no way for us to ever know, now. It's so common that soon people won't even remember a time when games had no DLC.
>>
Sims 2 was released earlier and had a metric fuckton of DLC, addons, buyable skins etc.
Horse armor was nothing new, it was cosmetics for a singleplayer game but MMOs already had that years before Horsearmor release.
>>
>>343814068
>popular
Everyone hated it. Bethesda and EA were laughed at for at least a year for doing that shit.
>>
>>343815353
don't worry todd, i'm sure you'll grow out of it in a few years

he won't
>>
>>343814474

Game already has that.
>>
>>343809893
Horse Armor was the first famous useless cosmetic only DLC, and fucking idiots bought it up on droves. Now everybody does it.

Even Nintendo does this shit now, and people still keep buying it.
>>
>>343816446
I love it how fanboys kept saying how their dear company would never do DLC.
Then for years they changed the rhetoric to "they'd never do shitty dlc!".
And even today some are still in denial.
>>
>>343814361
Same here. I stoppped playing eso a year ago. Just cant get back into it. Oblivion is my go to ES game.
>>
>>343816446
Was the horse armor before or after the useless 360 avatar shit you could buy?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.