[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend told me he wants an Alienware laptop so he can max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: laptop.jpg (247 KB, 950x650) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
247 KB, 950x650
My friend told me he wants an Alienware laptop so he can max out games on the go. I don't know much about gaming laptops but this just reeks of bad idea. He already has a desktop.

He's seems dead set on getting a laptop but he seems open to suggestions on the brand.

Are there any actual worthwhile "gaming" laptops?
>>
>>343804965
I know razer has meme status but I have a Razer14 and its pretty good honestly, only problem is the overheating
>>
>>343804965
>My friend told me
>>
>>343804965
MSI Dominator Pro.
Alienware is shit now that they are owned by Dell.
>>
You're anonymous on the fucking internet. Why can't you just admit that you want a gaming laptop?
>>
My ex had one, it played games pretty well but it was really heavy, like stupid heavy. If he already has a desktop it seems pointless unless hes insisting on being a social pariah
>>
I like Asus. Been running for 5 years and I even dropped it down the stairs and it works.
>>
File: msighostpro970.jpg (51 KB, 700x438) Image search: [Google]
msighostpro970.jpg
51 KB, 700x438
Here's mine, it's pretty great. Fantastic price/performance too. I have a desktop too which is where I do most if my gaming but this is great for when you're in the library or away from home.
>>
>>343805734
I bought an MSI Dominator Pro a month ago and it runs Witcher 3 on High with some things on Ultra at 60 fps. Bretty good, although for the same price I could have maxed it out on a Desktop. I travel a lot so...
>>
>>343806018
>>343805463
Because it's my girlfriend who wants to get one and if I started with that I would've gotten 19 responses of her being a dumb bitch and 0 actual answers.

I have a rig and normal laptop already that I'm perfectly fine with. She wants to play games maxed out but its just fucking stardew valley and shit like that. I don't want to see her waste money on overpriced prebuilt shit to play fisherprice games.
>>
>>343804965
MSI and the Asus ROG are pretty good.
>>
>>343807384
>Stardew Valley and shit like that

Get an Asus laptop for $300 or $400, you really don't need more than that if she's going to be mostly playing pixelshit indies
>>
>>343804965
I have an alienware I got on sale about a year ago. I got it because I play a lot of local coop games with friends and needed something to travel around with. Don't get it if you're looking into high end graphics. The fans are loud and it might overheat. Just build a fucking PC if maxing out games is what she wants.
>>
>Alienware

Why don't you just burn your money if you're looking to throw it away that badly?
>>
>>343804965
ASUS laptops are better and cheaper
>>
>>343807482
This

I have the ROG G751 with a GTX965 and it'll run anything. Games not optimised like shit run at high to max settings.

If you're serious about a gayman laptop, look for ones with rear vents to avoid cooking ypur hands, and dual fan cooling to have a separate cooler for the cpu and gpu so that the fans don't have to turn into jet turbines to keep the system cool.
>>
>>343808160
Man, i wished someone woul've told me that, I'm new to gayman laptops, since I have a desktop. The thing is, last friday I bought a GL551VW ROG laptop, and jesus, while playing overwatch my left hand feels like it's going to be served for dinner. But the laptop is neat, and works perfectly fine.
>>
>>343808462
also go for the 17" models. they're more likely to have dual fans, and a second hdd bay for adding an ssd boot drive or raid for better loading speeds.
>>
>>343804965
If you NEED to get a gaming laptop, at least get a Sager. They're open enough that you can replace parts yourself without any trouble. They're pretty good to begin with and don't have any of the pointless glowy bits.
>>
>>343804965
I bought an Alienware M17X back in like 2009. It was the worst computer I've ever owned. The screen was very nice, as was the general build quality. It was more like a portable desktop than a laptop. However, from day 1 I had endless driver issues, and then hardware failures, and horrible HORRIBLE customer support. The worst I have ever experienced.

Never buy Alienware. I had good luck with an MSI laptop. It was a little cheap feeling but I never had any issues and MSI support is top tier.
>>
>>343809485
>>343808917
>>343808160
>been looking at gayman laptops recently
>can't decide between asus rog & sager
>/v/ recommends both
I guess I'll wait for black friday / cyber monday in 5 months ;_;
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.