[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The great debate. Which is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: Clipboard.gif (3 MB, 3318x1920) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.gif
3 MB, 3318x1920
The great debate.

Which is better?
>>
none

Silent hill homecoming was less boring than downpour but it was trash anyway

downpour was boring as fuck AND trash

please forget about them and play 1 2 3 over and over again
>>
File: tomm hulett.jpg (32 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
tomm hulett.jpg
32 KB, 510x510
>>343801738
homecoming was pretty much 'silent hill the movie the game'. the people in charge were way over their heads and had no idea what the fuck they were doing. also they were untalented, incompetent hacks.
with downpour they at least TRIED to make a decent game. it failed as a horror game as well as a silent hill game, but at least they tried. bonus points for that.
both games aren't worth playing.
>>
>>343801738
I'll say Downpour since they didn't try to just be the movie

That said, they're both shit and should be forgotten completely. RIP Silent Hill
>>
>>343801738
Homecoming is like an unofficial sequel to the movie and it was meh

haven't played Downpour, but I might hunt it down for curiousity's sake
>>
>>343803608
it's not so much a sequel but a completely misguided attempt at making a silent hill game.
the guys in charge of homecoming didn't know what silent hill was about but were too lazy to play the older games, so they got the silent hill movie DVD for 5 bucks at best buy.
>>
>>343801738
>>
>>343804731
iirc, the game was in production a while before the movie

they got the job by pursuing the IP/ Konami and providing a proof of concept to them. I believe they were showing off a transformation from the fogworld into the otherworld, which seemed like impressive work, and provided them with an outline of their story. Admittedly, the premisse seemed pretty intruguing (a psychologically wounded war veteran returning to his hometown while crazy shit was happening there including a bunch of people going missing) but their execution was just shit
>>
Tfw I really liked downpour and it's pretty obvious the developers cared about the franchise but didn't have enough time to actually polish the game. It could've been great.
>>
>>343801738
Homecoming, just because it actually works, does not look like ass, has better controls, and Akira Yamaoka's music.

Both are total shit though. HC is just dryer shit.
>>
File: sh3 vs sh5.jpg (330 KB, 938x1034) Image search: [Google]
sh3 vs sh5.jpg
330 KB, 938x1034
>>343807780
>does not look like ass
>>
>>343802985
Downpour honestly had some pretty cool moments and was something legitimately creepy thanks to the side quests. It feels like the game suffered from a lack of budgeting and time.
>>
>>343808803
you're bit of a cherry picking faggot

don't make me defend this game
>>
Homecoming, it at least tried to be SH, even if that meant copying the movie and elements from SH2/3. It at least fucking tried, and did have some good designs in places and the Overworld effect was nice (I'm aware it's the move effect, it's still nice).

Downpour was utter fucking garbage. The enemies consisted of hobo ghost women, police cars, a black hole that completely and quickly ruined the water effect of this new Otherworld, and the final boss is a big telekinetic man in a fucking wheelchair.

Downpour is fucking garbage, Homecoming might as well be goddamn SH2/3 combined compared to Downpour.
>>
>>343808803
This thread is for comparing Homecoming to Downpour, not to SH3.
>>
File: sh4 vs downpoor.jpg (132 KB, 760x959) Image search: [Google]
sh4 vs downpoor.jpg
132 KB, 760x959
>>343808803
it looks LESS like an ass most of the time than HC, which is a prime example why UE3 was a terrible mess, and should never have been used on consoles.
>>
Silent hill 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > shattered memories > origins > downpour > homecoming > book of memories

Homecoming was terrible, but i felt downpour was a step in the right direction. At least I remember stuff from downpour. Like the DJ, and that spoopy mail man. The open world was fairly interesting and there were easter eggs from other games but the lack of an explorable other world in favor of a more shattered memories chase scene sucked. Downpour had potential.
>>
File: 1449458011266~2.jpg (40 KB, 469x383) Image search: [Google]
1449458011266~2.jpg
40 KB, 469x383
>>343812064
>Tfw we'll probably never get mysterious advice from that magical negro mailman again
>>
File: view_zeyhkjic.jpg (122 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
view_zeyhkjic.jpg
122 KB, 720x800
>>343808883
Downpour's problems was making it too large and focusing on too many things. Like the sidequests felt like a reason to put a bulletpoint on the back of the game box "OPEN WORLD WITH SIDE QUESTS, SORTA".

If they cut Downpour by like 25-35% and used that on polishing the game, it would have been a solid addition to the entry. It's still worth playing because some of the highs are really good.

>>343809253
>awwwwhwww no Pyramid Head whaaaa

Faggot.
>>
Downpour had Korn.

Fucking Korn.

Someone in the year 2012 thought that Korn was still relevant enough to put as a feature in a videogame.

Downpour will always be second worst, only because Book of Memories exists.
>>
>>343812064
4>2>SM>1>3>everything else
>>
File: 1434156975515.jpg (25 KB, 395x428) Image search: [Google]
1434156975515.jpg
25 KB, 395x428
>>343813224
>>awwwwhwww no Pyramid Head whaaaa

not him, but you have to be kind of retarded if that's what you got out of that anon's critique of Downpour
>>
>>343812064
Book of memories is objectivally better than both Downpour and Home.

It's a solid dungeon crawler rather than a shit tier horror title.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.