[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a classic WoW thread Blizzarddrones not allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: azeroth-pre-wotlk-map.jpg (235 KB, 1043x696) Image search: [Google]
azeroth-pre-wotlk-map.jpg
235 KB, 1043x696
Let's have a classic WoW thread

Blizzarddrones not allowed
>>
Any old school players remember the dungeon set upgrade quest?

Was a pain in the ass to do but was well worth it. Also fuck general V in UBRS as he was a pain in the ass.
>>
Its been 12 years
Move on you cuck
>>
>can't wait to see what they add at the top side of the map
>its the island of the middle gm island?
>can't wait till they add northrend plaguelands
>>
>>343799875
If you ever liked WoW, you're a Blizzdrone.
>>
Back then when you actually had to talk to people.
>>
File: mop_pandaren_guide_1.jpg (202 KB, 608x412) Image search: [Google]
mop_pandaren_guide_1.jpg
202 KB, 608x412
I wish Pandaren could speak Pandaren to each other across faction lines. At least let them talk to each other in their new class halls in legion.

It is not fair, Pandaren have no affiliation with the bullshit of horde and alliance. They should be free agents.

Also classic wow was fun but there is no way I could go back now after having all the new features and quality of life changes that modern wow has.
>>
>>343802545
>DK are not neutral
>Pandas are not neutral
>UD can't be scourge and neutral
>DH can't be neutral
fuck me
>>
>>343803371

it just isn't fair. so what if there is a little smacktalk going on. That is what /ignore is for
>>
>>343804217
>You'll never round yourself and your scourge buddies and police around the island for any retards with PvP on, playing on DK world police
>>
>>343802545
literally pointless because one of the factions is dead on almost every server
>>
>>343802545
I wish Forsaken could speak to each other faction lines.

It is not fair, Forsaken have no affiliation with the bullshit of horde and alliance. They should be neutral
>>
>>343804964

I agree. Forsaken don't give a fuck about anybody but themselves.
>>
>>343800115
>well worth it
Not really, it was hundreds of gold and days grinding for a set worse than t1
>>
>>343804964
>you'll never play a "lore-correct" wow server
Forsaken are neutral and are undead
DKs cannot be worgen are neutral and undead, post LK death they're scourge
Pandas are neutral
You can learn other languages
DH are neutral
Warlocks are totally not neutral (but they're)
You can pvp flag classes and factions
Class faction leaders are won via cheevos and donations to the class faction and voting in some class factions
>>
I'd probably play WoW again if we got vanilla servers, only to stop around level 30 because I don't have time for it anymore.
>>
>>343805386

just delete my client, senpai.
>>
>>343800115
Dungeons were such a complete pain in the butt back then. Fuckin getting a group together and getting everyone at the dungeon was already fucked up.

Also fuckin Molten Core was too long.
>>
>>343805243
maybe for melee, T1 was shit for casters
>>
>You'll never raid Karazhan again with your friend next to you who hauled his PC with his mum to your house
>You'll never hurry home from school again with MSN messenger on in the background to play WoW all night
>You'll never get shouted at by your dad for doing mediocre / terrible in school and made to stop playing again

:(
>>
>>343805773
desu it'd be fun specially if there is no X finder
>>
>>343805525
Vanilla really isn't that time consuming. I got to level 50 in about a month before Nost shutdown while working 45 hours a week and also exercising for at least an hour 5+ times a week,
>>
>>343805243

There were a few pieces that were way better than T1 though because some of it actually had hit and there wasn't wasted stat allocation like agility on warlock gear.

But ZG, BWL, AQ, and the occasional dungeon piece were all better.

Just having alternate gearing options was cool though instead of there being a really strict quest gear > normals > heroics > raiding system.
>>
>>343806697
I remember T1 on my priest being better than devout - wtf are you on about.
>>
>>343808125
so 1 - 50 takes 120 hours on average, you've done it in 30 days that means you've played 4 hours / day.
>>
>>343799875
>prepping for MC in Orgrimmar
>getting together flasks, resist gear, last-minute enchants, etc
>guild leader sitting on top of the bank with his officers
>racing from Kargath to Blackrock Mountain
>scrubbing it up all night on Baron Geddon
>talking smack on the server forums with the other guilds after a big kill

I miss it, boys. I miss it all.
>>
>>343806113
What? You could do MC in like 2 hours.
>>
>>343809871
It doesn't because it's not that exact. I obviously did not play everyday. Get good.
>>
>>343809871
>120 hours to 50
If you're shit
>>
I want to fight C'thun again, that boss was fun as hell. Weeded out all the shitters just in time for Naxx as well.
>dying to the giant fucking laser beam.
>>
>>343810479
if you did not play everyday then you played for 4 + hours in some days, so it's safe to say that for some days you played for 10 hours.
>>
>>343805386
Also
>gender specific classes
>NEs and Tauren can visit each others cities
>if you cant be a paladin on your race, dk is locked also
>>
>>343805386
Druids should neutral too
> you will never get to hang with your Cenarion Circle buddies
>>
>>343811648
>Human and UD DKs are the same model
>>
>>343799875
Which one is better for a beginner, Vainilla or wrath of the lich king?
>>
File: you_think_you_do_but_you_dont.jpg (270 KB, 800x1038) Image search: [Google]
you_think_you_do_but_you_dont.jpg
270 KB, 800x1038
>>
>>343805386
It's usually just your hero that joins a faction - lore wise, you're not someone who was written about - you're someone which history is under development.

For example you start as a voodoo priest - having nothing to do with holy light - but then you talk with other priest trainers as you develop and learn proper skills, even tho you're still a troll - and lore wise you would be considered a voodoo dumb shit.
>>
>>343809871
>so 1 - 50 takes 120 hours on average
Depending on you class you can 1-60 in like 100 hours.
>>
>>343811193
C'thun is hard to kill
Tried with my lvl 90 dk, took me over 10 minutes to beat him
The twin bosses were hard too without help
>>
>>343811826
Vanilla.
Go to kronos2.
>>
>>343805386

>he doesn't know about Sylvanas breaking free of the Scourge.
>He doesn't know about the Eclipse Hunters in Grizzly Hills
>>
>>343812108
Twin Emps are a giant pain in the ass to solo if you aren't playing a max level melee character
>>
>>343812019
Tell that to the people that made WoD.
>>
>>343812128
>Free of the scourge means you're no longer undead
>>
>>343812025
Indeed world record is around 120 - 100, but you have to already have lots of experience and don't fool around.

Average for all classes, H and A - if you focus only on leveling trough a fast plan - it's 180 hours.
>>
Time consuming but very easy. Cuck autists that bitch about REEE ME VANILLA either didn't play, or realized that when blizzard added actual mechanics to PVP and raiding that these players couldn't compete.

I specifically remember 5 or so guild members who just couldn't handle the mechanics of BC raids (lol), and quite, forever whining that vanilla was better.
>>
Remember when Maraudon was added? And that you could reach the boss with out pulling any monsters at level 60?
>>
>>343802545
Forsaken used to me able to speak common

It did not go well
>>
>>343812513
TBC still followed vanilla mechanics and philosophy it was just as hard, in some aspects harder - but the quality of quests text, the quality of 60 - 70 experience and the general lore was shittier compared to vanilla - the art was ok, but the lore was less polished, but no biggie - as people expected constant patches ( which they delivered ) and a new expac asap, so the "polish" would've been delivered trough new expansions and together - they would equal vanilla.... but thing is they went to totally a different direction by the end of BC and wotlk already started to be another game.
>>
>>343812127
I have an account on Kronos2. When does it become fun? All I've done so far is kill like 20 monsters and that's it. I don't know if I'm "making a build" or not.
>>
>>343812856
Do quests tho, kill monsters for quests - that way you actually progress towards end-game content faster and in a more fun way.

You should follow a guide if your interest is to level asap.
>>
File: top kek.png (6 KB, 614x82) Image search: [Google]
top kek.png
6 KB, 614x82
>>
>>343812794
I have to disagree. I can't think of one Vanilla raid that was tougher than a BC raid (assuming you spent the time to get the relevant vanilla resist gear). 40 man raids just feel like a massive timesink in retrospect. AQ 20 was cool I guess.
>>
>>343813010
I'm doing the quests though, but all I've done in them is "Kill x amount of monsters to get x amount of item, and item has 50% chance of not dropping at all"
>>
>>343800115
Tier 0.5 for rogues was so cool looking. Not many people did it on my server and I was one of the first to have the whole thing.
>>
>>343813197
How did you disagree tho - you just pointed one an idea I've already mentioned. I was just observing something more essential on top of that.
>>
>>343813103
>wow playerbase
>current year
Its dead jim
>>
Anyone miss dicking around in hillsbrad foothills just pvping and dueling when there wasn't much action?......i do.....
>>
>>343813335
well you are right in terms of lore. BC lore sucked shit. I was into competitive raiding and pvp exclusively, didn't care about leveling and whatnot. So in that regard anything after Vanilla was better.
>>
>>343800115
>those 3-set epic mail gear quests having you collect abom strings, the god damn heroes "guaranteed kill you" blood and low as fuck chance epic scale drop from gyth
>for shaman they would even add a fucking boss event that was a pain to do before the nerfs
>still worse than T1
To this day I wonder how many people have done the Shade boss in Scholomance were you kill Rattlegore
>>
>>343813694
Indeed, I was never into competitive raiding ( fighting computer wow ) - I also got into competitive pvp, and for me pandaria was the absolute top - where I reached the highest and enjoyed it the most, I've also casually started to raid and ended up clearing mythic everything as it was facerolling....
>>
Has anything developed with the nostalrius/blizz thing?
>>
>>343813197
Vanilla 40 man Molten Core was fucking brutal at first. After doing Upper Black Rock Spire, Stratholme, and all the other big content which was awesome I almost quit after the first Molten Core raid.

At that point no one had cleared it so there was no easy guide to follow. Not everyone you might know was even 60 and those who were hadn't even finished their gear from the 5 mans. Being in a top guild didn't matter much when no one was geared yet.

Trying to understand the encounters was just hours and hours of trial and error. There was so much overhead in corpse running from outside the dungeon back across the chains. It was faster than waiting for a whole set of healers to raise everyone. Everyone had to be trained from scratch on how to raid, not to pull adds, learn positioning, and even primitive strategy.

I ran some of the earliest BC raids maybe a week or two after the expansion pack and it was like clock work. While we were unfamiliar with the encounter it was a well oiled machine.
>>
>>343802103
Thats just stupid
I can like a game without defending the developers
>>
File: 1379457988561.png (3 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
1379457988561.png
3 KB, 192x192
>Vanillafags BTFO'd on a weekly basis
>Still hanging on to the meme that it was good
>>
>>343814251
absolutely nothing, and conveniently last I checked (it has been a few weeks) the only vanilla server is laggy/unstable and seems to be under a DDoS attack

best news of all is those frogs were dumb enough to not release source code, so they'd look more appealing to Blunder
>>
>>343800115
I never bothered becasue by the time the quest line came around I was already raiding BWL and MC.

I did the Shaman epic helmet quest though. Was fun and all but honestly the hat was pretty shit.
>>
>>343814331
Ahh yes, I remember starting my dps warrior raiding as 2 handed fury. This was before bloodthirst was an attack. I spammed heroic strike and was definitely a shitter. I didn't get good until months of experience and learning how to stance dance.

Watching our awesome MT never get feared on Onyxia because he was good enough to switch stances. He even taught me you could intercept from midair if you got knocked up by Ragnaros.
>>
>>343814541
It was good, and for people that only enjoyed the arcade aspect of the game ( competitive pvp, clearing hardest pve content ) later expansions were more interesting because they improved gameplay and difficulty in some matters... but here we talk about a tiny tiny minority.

Overall for most people vanilla was a better game.
>>
>>343814818
>for most people

Most people in your little hugbox maybe
>>
>>343799875
>tfw would wipe on trash, except for the rogue still being alive
>everyone runs back to revive
>rogue still has aggro on everything
>he suddenly dies when one of us gets revived
>the mob comes and kills everyone again
>weapon breaks and town is far away
patience was a virtue
>>
>>343805386
wait for WoW to die, and then private server tech to improve and hopefully we can get this
>>
>>343814963
Like indeed most people, because what you have today right now online on retail - it's not the same people.

It's kids and blizzdrones - guilds with 500 players online and no one speaking.

It's the lowest of society usually.

I see lots of people hold an emotional stance against vanilla - I can't understand why, maybe again emotional attachment to later expansions from blizzard.
>>
>>343815420
I was going to say that's crazy, but I remember Diablo 3 being the same way. Could log on and tons of people were talking in public chats and having fun or at least talking. Then after they split the chat channels and added greater rifts there was no more talk. Even in private channels with hundreds no one said a word.

In our guild it was nuts. There was always constant drama and shit flinging. I don't think we could go a week without some major shit storm. Someone was always quitting or joining. Also great friendships and bonds being made. This is why private servers felt like walking through a cemetery.

"My Lost Youth"
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/44640

Read this and think back on the days now gone.
>>
>>343815420
>Only people who agree with my opinion are the real fans. Everyone else is uneducated sheeple and kids

Sure man. Whatever.
>>
>Aryan VOLK vydya gamer
Vanilla WoW
>Cuck SJW memester fedoralord
TBC and after, cuckraft movie
>>
File: 1466356949108.png (139 KB, 343x295) Image search: [Google]
1466356949108.png
139 KB, 343x295
>>343811916
amazing.
>>
>>343816542
I'm literally speaking from experience, both vanilla and actual retail - so that's just my opinion - take it or leave it tho, but do not put words in my mouth that I did not even imply.
>>
>>343799875
All I remember from classic WoW was how easy it was to bot honor in Battlegrounds and sell gold to kids through paypal. Made enough money to pay for a new PC, good times.
>>
File: 1466667783845.jpg (64 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
1466667783845.jpg
64 KB, 945x945
>server rivalry
>spies and full-time gankers on alt accounts
>server firsts because people skipped work or just quit
>faction v faction is deadly serious and a single gank can summon a guild and their sister guilds in case of resistance
>world boss scouts and rotating watch
>>
Reminder that all the Blizzdrone iit are cucks

Blizzard can't even be fucking bothered to change the camera distance slider to equal the command so they're just removing it altogether.

This is a billion dollar company that can't even do the simplest fucking thing
>>
>>343803371
>>343802545
I can't wait for them to scratch the alliance vs horde bullshit

Human/gnomes/dwarves vs orcs/tauren/goblin/trolls everyone else is neutral.
>>
>>343817464
How to spot a completely worthless comment:
>insults
>complains about an autistic insignificant change
>bitches about how a "billion dollar company" cant fix something as "simple" as that, displaying ignorance of how things are actually interally structured in any real business
>thinks said company should cater only to his desires and wants
>uses the word cuck as a derogatory term
Niggers shouldn't be allowed to post on 4chan
>>
>>343817729
Why wouldn't goblins and taurens be neutral?
>>
File: warcraft_skywall2_oil_filter.jpg (524 KB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_skywall2_oil_filter.jpg
524 KB, 1920x1028
How would you rate the expansions by soundtrack?

MoP > WotLK >= WoD > Vanilla > Cata > BC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqj6ACgT1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_LL8z2pEHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLANCpGw8cU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GG323s_CaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86f_U_q4SFg
>>
File: The Sebudai Way.jpg (615 KB, 996x1852) Image search: [Google]
The Sebudai Way.jpg
615 KB, 996x1852
>>
>>343818642
didnt thrall save the tauren from the centaur?
>>
>>343814251
No and it never will. The "talks" were a long drawn out fuck off.
The "talks" gave people hope and stopped them flipping out at Blizzard, nobody cares anymore and most people have forgotten.
>>
I've been playing on a private server with some friends. I wish I actually knew people that played back when I actually first played vanilla.
>>
>>343805243
>>343806697
You're both retarded, especially the second guy considering 4 piece 0.5 for rogues was baf and easily worth using over t1
>>
File: More Hand Than Man.jpg (76 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
More Hand Than Man.jpg
76 KB, 398x500
>>343819248
They're all pretty good desu senpai, I can't say, which are better
BC is my favorite though
>Silvermoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2NMzFAJ4o
>>
>>343817729
>I can't wait for them to scratch the alliance vs horde bullshit
I think even before wc3:roc was released there was a screenshot of an orc and a human adventuring near some tower.
I didn't think back then that it would be this strict faction themepark mmo.
>>
>>343817729
>non-neutral goblins

If anything it should be:

>Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves
vs
>Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Ogres (seriously where are them?)
>>
>>343818642
>Warcraft 3 Demo Campaign
Thralls ship land on an island between Lordaeron and Kalimdor.
He finds the darkspear tribe and enlists them.

>Warcraft 3:RoC Orc campaign
Thralls Orcs+Darkspear find the Cairne and his Tauren fighting Centaurs, Thrall aids them and the Tauren join him.
>Warcraft 3: tft orc campaign
Rexxar topples the leader of the stonemaul ogre tribe and they pledge allegiance to thrall, I think, something like that
>>
>>343820691
nah, orcs, trolls, goblins, ogres
just like the good old days
forsaken are shitty goblins, tauren are shitty ogres
>>
>>343820691
imo

>Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, High Elf expats
vs
>Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Ogres
"vs"
>Night Elves
"vs"
>Forsaken
"vs"
>Illidari
"vs"
>Quel'Thalas?
>>
>>343800115
You were a casual if you did the dungeon set upgrade quest. There was 0 reason to do it since it came out around Naxx
>>
>>343820990
>nah, orcs, trolls, goblins, ogres
Dark Horde

I liked the idea of them, that there were still remnants of the old gang fighting under black tooth grin/blackrock.

Shame warcraft dragon lore sucks.
>>
>>343821128
Forsaken would win with their I win button.
Illidari, Belves and Nelves would be fucked since they are few in number.
>>
>>343821279
>they are few in number.
They aren't.

When there were numbers, they were in high numbers.
Those sources have been decanoned though so blizzard doesn't have to think about their continuity.

Either their numbers are high, or their numbers are whatever you want them to be.
>>
>>343820990
The good old days had goblins neutral, like in Gadgetzan
>>
>>343820890
>Rexxar helps with the establishment of Orgrimmar
>Rexxar helps evacuate the Dark spear isles
>Rexxar saves Cairne's son and has the Stonemaul Ogre's join the Horde
>Rexxar builds new diplomatic ties with Pandaria before the Horde even discovers the islands
>Rexxar leads the assault on Theramore and saves the Horde from Kul Tiras army
>he is still not Warchief
>instead its a hothead with daddy issues and a troll that can't handle a bunch of demons and gets killed
>>
WoW is for casual faggots. Real men play Everquest.
>>
>>343821507
Blood elves had 90% of their race wiped out by the scourge, a chunk of those fucked off as high elves.

Night elves had their society split and destroyed after the sundering, most died, others became high evles, harpies, satyr and naga.
The left overs are a bunch of druids hippies who are now dropping off likes flies because of old age.

Both of those races only have children rarely.

The illidari are made up of those races.

>>343821712
The good old days aka the warcraft series the steamwheedle cartel were in the Horde before they considered that they could make more money playing both sides.
They still give favoritism and deals to the Horde though.
>>
File: warcraftraceclasses.png (11 KB, 694x216) Image search: [Google]
warcraftraceclasses.png
11 KB, 694x216
A day or so ago I made this to more easily show kind of what I would've wanted classes/races to be like in a warcraft mmo.

I was asked for the entire spreadsheets, but this was all there was since it was only an example, but do you have any ideas on how you would've like the classes and races to have worked for a warcraft mmo?

Maybe if you go Orc you pick a Clan, clans have different stats and maybe a racial even.
Then you can pick a secret affiliation, so you're secretly a warlock in thralls horde instead of one openly that Thrall accepts.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-04+at+07.23.16).jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-04+at+07.23.16).jpg
541 KB, 1920x1080
Is my DH edgy enough?
>>
>>343821836
Rexxar would never be warcheif, he would refuse to do it.
His whole character is
>I cannot trust people so I will wander the wild with my animal friends.
Last guy on the list who wants the title.
>>
>>343819248
TBC > MoP > Vanilla > Wrath > Cata = WoD
>>
>>343822000
Needs longer horns, belf eye cloth and darker skin.

Can you customize the tattoos?
>>
>>343802545
Language barriers is inherently lorebreaking. Even many Orcs would know common, and Forsaken do know a dialect of common.

The language barriers exist ONLY due to stopping players from swearing and shitposting at each other.
>>
>>343819248
>BC at the bottom
cmon son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UaIn5H5vus
>>
>>343819248

BC > WOTLK > WOD > CATA > VANILLA > MOP
>>
I didn't know what the fuck I was doing in Vanilla. I was either in 8th or 9th grade, can't remember. I was the first of my friends to play an MMO and it was the first I had played. I played on an old dell PC I found at the library they said I could have because they were throwing it out. It ran at shit resolution and on the lowest settings. Even then at like 15-20 fps. I played warrior and some of my fondest memories are grinding on spiders near lakeshire because I got tired of the quests for whatever reason. I also spent a long time getting the whirlwind axe and it felt so good to finally get it.

I was really shit at it for a long time but it was more fun then than when I learned how to actually play. I played until Mists and quit after that. Haven't been back but I may look at it again whenever this next expansion is out.
>>
>>343821930
>Blood elves had 90% of their race wiped out by the scourge, a chunk of those fucked off as high elves.

Yes and going by the population data would've left Stormwind with more high elves than darkspear in thralls horde, and a fuck ton of blood elves still living.

The old numbers had high elves at 25k, which would put blood elves at 225k.
Those numbers are not canon anymore, but that only means that the numbers are anything you want them to be.

>Night elves had their society split and destroyed after the sundering
10k years ago.

While thralls horde were only a bunch of escaped prisoners from across the sea.
And the Tauren were almost hunted to extinction.
They shouldn't be worse off than them and they're fine.
>>
>>343822403
>early in development Horde players could join Alliance and vice versa by raising their rep with the opposite faction and players could even learn other race's languages
It might have been pretty interesting.
Having to learn different riding skills for each race's mounts was horrible though
>>
>>343822069
>Last guy on the list who wants the title.
that's why he'd be perfect for it
>>
>>343806113
Eh, it was difficult but that made having epics actually mean something. The progression was harder and therefore actually meaningful.

It had problems, no question, but it was definitely more satisfying back then compared to now.
>>
>>343815058
Pretty sure there's been servers like this before. There's absolutely been one with full on player housing where you can plot down buildings and towns where you want.

They don't last though. There's no draw except for an extreme niche of an already small niche.
>>
>>343822403
>>343822834
they actually had forsaken speaking common in the beta iirc

the reason they took it out wasn't to prevent shitposting, it was to prevent griefing in bgs
>>
Burning crusade was the best expansion, it introduced the horsecocked futa space goats. And porn was 1000% better ever since
>>
>>343800115
>Was a pain in the ass to do but was well worth it
It really wasn't.
>>
File: Oppressive_Gaze_(large).jpg (15 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
Oppressive_Gaze_(large).jpg
15 KB, 248x248
Despite other popular beliefs WoW was over the minute arenas, flying mounts, and cross server anything was introduced.
i.e. BC
>>
>>343821279
>Forsaken would win with their I win button.

Dave Kosak is the Forsaken I win button.
>>
>>343822000
Do you feel edgy anon?
>>
>>343813103
>just remove all the bad parts
>it's all gone
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_062716_212753.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_062716_212753.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
hey guys what about my maximum edge DH
>>
>>343822813
>10k years ago.
to be fair, that's not that long considering most elves were immortal up until recently and still live very long lives unless they go and die
>>
>>343799875
>Let's have a circlejerk thread over classic WoW
>Blizzdrones not allowed

Drones are the only ones who still circlejerk over "m-muh glory days!!"
>>
File: 1467631069323.png (193 KB, 333x244) Image search: [Google]
1467631069323.png
193 KB, 333x244
>there are people still subscribed to WoW
why
>>
Classic WoW died after Cataclysm
>>
>>343823037
Rexxar would be a terrible fucking warchief. He has no fucking clue how to lead a people, and there's zero evidence that says otherwise.
>>
>>343821245
it would be kind of neat to play a game where you could join ANY in-game faction

balance be damned, it would be pretty fun to join some of the minor bad guy factions if they were actually fleshed out a bit
>>
>>343823617
Because for a free game, it's pretty good
>>
>>343822000
put a shirt on you homo
>>
File: Factions.png (417 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Factions.png
417 KB, 800x600
>>343817729
>>
>>343824449

That would actually be really badass. I would resub to WoW for that.

>Pandas can go fuck off
>>
>>343823319
Except arenas were the best thing to happen to the game
>>
>>
>>343824449
Sadly this makes more sense than WoW in it's current state.
>>
>>343824449
Only thing I don't like here is Tauren being hostile to the Orcs. Thrall saved their hides in WC3.
>>
>WoW thread
>"Blizzarddrones not allowed"

This doesn't make any damn sense. You have to be a drone to think WoW was good at any fucking point.
>>
>>343824449

I like that a lot. Would you want 4 separate languages though, or just let everyone understand each other?
>>
>>343824820

Obviously there are some flaws here, but I would argue there are flaws in current WoW too.

The idea behind many of these factions is an alternate history where some things went very differently, especially after the Cataclysm
>>
>>343824449
>Undead and Worgen together
I don't understand this.
>>
>>343824449
Should be:

Pandaren, Night Elves, Draenei

Orcs, Trolls, Tauren
>>
File: warcraftraceclasses2.png (24 KB, 916x402) Image search: [Google]
warcraftraceclasses2.png
24 KB, 916x402
>>343821947
Thoughts on a system like Hero Points where you use them to unlock more rare classes and races?

So you can still have a rare class like Blademaster in the horde, but warriors are more common.
>>
>>343825043

They actually have quite a bit in common, and in an alternate history they could both rally together behind the "Forsaken" flag as they were cast out from the other kingdoms
>>
>>343825043
They're in the losers club along with blood elves, nobody else wants any of them.
>>
>>343825076

This makes sense too, possibly a bit better
>>
>>343824449
Replace goblins with ogres and it's perfect
>>
>>343822000
Name needs more x's
>>
>>343824449
I don't hate it.

Like other anons have said I have a hard time seeing Tauren turn their back on thrall and the orcs, but it's not bad.

I really like Forsaken+Blood Elves as a their own seperate faction outside of thralls horde.
>>
What's the most obnoxious lore change/retcon/story progression that still bugs you years later?

For me, it's the blood elves immediately having the Sunwell back right at the end of TBC, thus erasing any of the darker, more interesting themes of a race on the edge of oblivion and basically become regular old Paladins and generic fantasy elves again.
>>
I wish it was 2006 again and I was 16 just starting WoW.

So I could stop myself and instead make myself workout and do better things with my time instead of wasting away alone in front of my computer for my entire life.
>>
>>343825516
Thrall.
>>
>>343825516
The Draenei and Worgen being shoved into the Alliance and breaking every bone in the Lore's back to do it.
>>
>>343823725
>balance be damned, it would be pretty fun to join some of the minor bad guy factions if they were actually fleshed out a bit

It would take some work, but maybe you could script it like control points.
Like if faction X holds town Y for >66% of the time for a week, then npcs change in that area to their factions npc.
Maybe even buildings, but then you'd have to take

So on one server you may have some player orcish guild who are really adamant on pushing the borders of the dark horde.

Oh, if they hold key places like mines and such maybe they get more and better npc guards as well.
>>
>>343825817
>The fucking Thrall - Garrosh Mak'Gora
Don't remind me
>>
>Tfw you will never raid AQ40 with your nost guild
Why live?
>>
>>343823190
>they actually had forsaken speaking common in the beta iirc
Yeah that's right.

>the reason they took it out wasn't to prevent shitposting, it was to prevent griefing in bgs

Well bgs weren't a thing back then so not that.

I don't remember the reason, but I think it was just to make it boring and balanced.
>>
>>343825817
I draw a distinction between Thrall and Go'el

Thrall was good. Go'el is shit.

RIP Thrall
>>
>>343825950
That actually made me so mad and I don't even like the lore that much
>>
>>343825820
The Draenei joining the Alliance makes more sense than the Blood Elves joining the Horde.
>>
>>343825662
You're a failure, I wouldn't trade my days in wow
>>
>>343825662

Eh, it was still a fun game to play with friends. I wouldn't have played it alone.
>>
>>343826131
Not that it matters but I probably accomplished more in WoW in those years than you ever did. Suck it nerd.
>>
>>343826092
If Blizz had played up an idea that the orcs realized the elves were starting to walk down a path they were all too recently familiar with using demonic magic and all that, and that they wanted to help save the elves from themselves, then it would have worked a lot better. It would have helped play up the more noble nature of orcs, which TBC was trying to do anything.

Instead they're brought in because Sylvanas needed some buddies or something. I have no idea. TBC lore is stupid and explains nothing.
>>
File: ThisIsWhatADraeneiLooksLike.png (66 KB, 172x185) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsWhatADraeneiLooksLike.png
66 KB, 172x185
>>343825516
>What's the most obnoxious lore change/retcon/story progression that still bugs you years later?

I fucking love the sexy Draenei artwork, but this was really it for me.

Turning the rough looking Draenei into sexy Eredar Paladins and have it so Sargeras corrupted the Eredar and not the other way around.

At least Metzen admitted and apologized for it being a retcon and his bad, but fuck.
>>
>>343826092

which is why >>343824449 is better than current WoW's factions

Imagine this world

Worldwatchers: Druids
Forsaken: Death Knights
Horde: Shamans
Alliance: Paladins

Warcraft: A Realm Reborn when?
>>
>>343825662
This. I would smash my shit up and show my past self all the hemorrhoids I got from playing it and with experimenting

and tell myself to never try to pop one with nail clipper.
>>
>>343826298
Oh yeah well I bet I accomplished twice as much as you, what now faggot
>>
>>343826345
I would have accepted the retcon if we could have played as the Broken.

The Broken are infinitely more interesting than the draenei.

The draenei would have been a great neutral race to work with occasionally.
>>
>>343826408
You single?
>>
File: grandad.gif (56 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
grandad.gif
56 KB, 320x240
>>343826298
>>
>>343826538
By choice, I swear
>>
>>343811916
WHY IS THIS SO ACCURATE?
HOW DID WE ALL GET SO JADED EVEN THOUGH ON PAPER EVERYTHING SHOULD BE BETTER NOW?
>>
>>343826092
Nothing about the Draenei makes sense. To this day, they're still stitching up the gaping wound that the Draenei's inclusion into the Alliance caused.

Elves being included into the Horde works on numerous levels:

The Alliance were outright spying on Blood Elves, and Night Elves were condemning their way of life without offering any alternatives or help.

Sylvanas offered help, and she knew their struggle, so she got them in.

Thrall saw the same reliance on Fel Magic that the Orcs used to have, and knew that including them in the Horde might help put them on a path to becoming self-sufficient without it, which it did.

>>343826343
You've clearly never paid any attention to the BE quests.
>>
File: 1457564785544.jpg (189 KB, 1200x919) Image search: [Google]
1457564785544.jpg
189 KB, 1200x919
>>343826567
I had to walk uphill both ways on my way to STV. You kids wouldnt understand.

>>343826704
Yeah same desu.
>>
File: 1404259080462.jpg (421 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1404259080462.jpg
421 KB, 720x576
>>343825950
>>343826060
>Use of ONE FUCKING WEAPON
>THRALL JUST USES SHAMANIC POWERS LIKE A BITCH
FUCK HIM
>>
>Be tauren warrior with orgrimmar grunt transmog
>Wander around eastern kingdoms on foot
>Not interested in ganking, just exploring and spooking the occasional low level

Never really played undead or an alliance race, eastern kingdom seems way cooler than kalimdor

Though i still love mulgore
>>
>>343826856
The night elves were keeping an eye on them because of what the high elves did in the past because of magic addiction.

The whole including them into the horde was forced because muh Sylvannas.

The Thrall bit was pulled out of your ass and you just want it to be a reason.
>>
File: 07d.jpg (31 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
07d.jpg
31 KB, 427x300
>>343822498
>this whole Soundtrack
>>
>>343827081
>eastern kingdom seems way cooler than kalimdor
Warcraft 2 made me love Lordaeron and it's surrounding areas.
Warcraft 3 made me destroy it.
World of Warcraft made me see the destruction up close.
>>
>>343827081

I miss the exploring. I remember scuffling around the bottom of STV looking for Southshore, because I had assumed it was on the southern shore.
>>
>>343827382
>seeing anderhol for the 1st time
Fucking RIP
>>
>>343827223
>This kingdom got fucked by the scourge.
>Better not help them rebuild and repair the land with our massive network of Druids, better just spy on them and condemn them at every turn.
Sounds like typical night elf logic.
>>
>>343827505
Andorhal was supposed to be even more brutal because the early versions were completely walled in so if you pulled anything you couldn't run away.
>>
>>343823319
What a fucking idiot you are

Arena was great. Flying mounts , dungeon meme finder, and other hand holding fiesta are fully responsible
>>
>>343827384
>>343827081
>Wall walking with my buddy from moonglade to the mysterious troll village between darkshore and felwood
>I fall down in the ravine right before the village
>he makes it

>levitating at the end of the tunnel by the dwarf village up in the wetlands mountains with my buddy
>fall to ironforge under the world and we get swimming animations so we can move around, we can't see really see anything from that side of the texture
>I swim into the lava in the middle of ironforge
>he swims into old ironforge
>>
>>343826856
Thrall didn't do a fucking thing for them, they only stopped using demon power because Velen dumped a dead naaru in the Sunwell which magically fixed it.
>>
>>343827814
Anon what server?
>>
>>343826856
the only thing Thrall did for the elves was go, "Oh you killed a guy? I guess you're in the Horde now"

And if it was explained somewhere else then fuck it, just a prime example of TBC lore being trash and sucking to explain why anything happened or somehow tie things together into a coherent thing called a "story"
>>
>>343811916
THIS IS LITERALLY ME HOLY FUCK
>>
>>343827786
>Game was never balanced around small-scale PvP.
>LET'S ADD SMALL SCALE PvP!!
>Spend a decade ruining classes to get them to work in small scale PvP.
Oh yeah, Arena was a real boon.
>>
>>343819552
>this isn't rocket surgery

Ok
>>
>>343811506
>so it's safe to say that for some days you played for 10 hours.
But you're still implying it took 120 hours
>>
File: ShatteredHand.png (42 KB, 166x202) Image search: [Google]
ShatteredHand.png
42 KB, 166x202
>>343828006
>>
>>343828541
Had the same exact experience with a friend on ragnaros, only I was the lucky cunt
>>
File: aqprep.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aqprep.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
>>343825985
>tfw you spent hours farming resistance gear and consumables
Man I just wanted to see C'thun.
>>
>>343828656
Heh okay, I logged into skype to see if the buddy who made it was gonna say something.

Euro SH btw.

I think euro ragnaros was the server people in my circle of friends used for ally alts.
>>
>>343828710
>tfw you looked up your bank and gazed at hundreds and hundreds of pots, flasks and bufffood

It felt satisfying.
>>
File: Sindragosa.jpg (274 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
Sindragosa.jpg
274 KB, 1000x1250
YOU ARE FOOOOLS TO HAVE COME TO THIS PLACE

THE ICY WINDS OF NARTHREND WILL CONSUME YOUR SOULDS
>>
>>343828207
RBG should have happened long before arenas

But now that the arena and professional PvP scene is dead, you can actively see how little Blizz cares about PvP. There was a time that PvP was held to almost the same status as PvE.

Nowadays we're playing 10 year old BGs that look and feel like it. They would never allow that to happen for the raiders.

I don't even want new BGs. I just want some fucking facelifts on the old ones.
>>
>>343828928
>I just want some fucking facelifts on the old ones.
This was supposed to happen in WoD, but the PvP team spent all their time working on fucking Ashran instead, and it got cut.
>>
>>343829039
Ashran is Holinka's baby. It's the thing that'll let him fail upwards at Blizz.

And he's making sure it's still relevant in Legion too.
>>
File: ashes to ashes.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ashes to ashes.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>343825985
fucking STOP

we all grinded Mara so hard together, I had to delete three Blades of Eternal Darkness.

Farmed Silithus all day long, ganking the chinkies and alliance cucks until the tryhards came along. Then we brought in the poopsocking PvP Rank superheroes. Eventually got zerged and wiped anyway, but it was worth it.

>ywn go around blackrock mountain with your mage, priest, warrior, hunter, warlock buddies fucking over everyone trying to quest and get to their 5 mans
>ywn get steamrolled by 40 man MC/BWL raids zealously guarding their buffs.
>ywn cause immense butthurt as your soulfire oneshots the raid MT for 7k and ruining their progression run from the get go
>ywn pop ToEP+ZHC despite repeated warnings of a permaban to oneshot scrub pallies
>ywn go soul link bunker mode and laugh as 3 players fail to take you down
>ywn molest cheeky spriests who got too used bullying non-SL locks around
>ywn summon dozens of doomguards and lockdown flight paths because nost devs suck at coding
>>
File: 1454546127241.jpg (135 KB, 642x584) Image search: [Google]
1454546127241.jpg
135 KB, 642x584
>Mark Kern goes to Blizzard HQ to discuss vanilla servers
>Afterwards does damage control for them
>Nost devs announce they aren't going to release the source code like they said
Fucking kek.
>>
>>343829224
>And he's making sure it's still relevant in Legion too.
Please god no.
>>
>>343828804
Eu rag was a chill server, we weren't particularly good or bad.
>>
>>343828859
CAN YOU FEEL THE ICY HAND OF DEATH UPON YOUR HEART?
>>
>>343825985
I did on the PTR
Was fun. Didn't manage to down Twin Emperors but a GM let us attempt C'Thun.
>>
>>343829224
Sure didn't give any indication of that in the q&a last week.
>>
>>343822498
holy shit this fucking murdered me
>>
>>343799875
>my friends are all playing on a BC private realm
>decide to give it a show
I can't do it. I can't take this boring old school leveling. I admit it, modern wow made me a casual.
>>
>>343829312

source pls anon
>>
>>343829465
modern WoW has the worst fucking itemization though. Everything is so fine tuned and you never give a shit about any new piece of gear you get.They throw it at you like candy and you can be sure it'll have your primary stat, some stamina, and some secondary stat. Its not surprise that item level is the biggest stat you see on your character sheet in legion.

I miss the days when you were excited for a blue.
>>
>>343829323
Yup, it's getting its own special queue for PvP.

Naturally, Wintergrasp and Tol Barad aren't.

>>343829410
http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20742635246

From way back it's been confirmed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1dPTAQ5_U

I don't remember this being very true, but it always makes me laugh.
>>
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44285
>We tried to keep the contact with Blizzard internals. We sent them elements & propositions after the meeting still on a voluntary basis and were willing to continue the discussion as they invited us to do so. We however did not receive answers or any communication since June, 13th 2016.

>>343829312
The funniest shit is that they haven't even heard a single thing from Blizzard since their meeting. This was all just a PR stunt to make people silent and slowly forget.
>>
>>343829685
You're totally right. I'd definitely play with them if I could just skip to 70 and run dungeons all day. It's just the leveling that feels like a chore.
>>
>>343829713
Well at least it won't be required, so I don't give a fuck.

I'm just annoyed that it's just fucking wasting time.
>>
>>343829913
>This was all just a PR stunt to make people silent and slowly forget.

We all knew that though. Blizz will not admit Modern WoW is shit. They just want to sweep the old game under the rug.

I mean, modern WoW wasn't even made by the same dev team. Its like a completely different team and game. Everything from questing to raiding to itemization to skill design to world design is so different now.
>>
>There will never be an expansion not focusing on the new new ultimate bad that is much badder than the last ultibad
>There will never be an expansion centered around rebuilding
>No expansion that focuses on fleshing out current features.

I'd just like to spend time in a non corrupted landscape

Something simple and relaxing...
>>
post >yfw when you didn't play on nost
>>
>>343829736
It was

Certain rogue skills didn't scale with gear and were powerful from the get-go
Warriors scaled with gear too much
Casters were shafted hard by gear being unoptimized as fuck
Warlock dot duration was twice as long but did half the damage, they couldn't apply dots to bosses as they had a strict 8 (and later 16 debuff slot limit)...for fucking 40 man raids
>>
>>343830227
>>There will never be an expansion not focusing on the new new ultimate bad that is much badder than the last ultibad
That was Pandaria, everyone hated it.

>There will never be an expansion centered around rebuilding
Cata, sorta.

>No expansion that focuses on fleshing out current features.
BC.
>>
>>343829913
Eventually they can just release the source code as time passes and things continue die down. It was smart not to release the code until after the meeting.

They can basically just come out in probably a couple more months and say, "Well, Blizz hasn't shown any good faith in this, so here's the code."
>>
>>343829995
It cna be if you don't have a group to level with. But it feels better than modern WoW. both the pace and the rewards.

>tfw an "of the bear" item dropped as a Warrior while leveling through Barrens

Those were the days
>>
>>343830320
>That was Pandaria, everyone hated it.

Speak for yourself, Mists was one of the best expansions. Raids were good, patches were good until 5.3 happened, and Pandaria was comfy.

The only people who hated it were manbabies who exist to be edgy and can't have fun.
>>
>>343830469
Nah, Pandaria was shit because it follows post-Cata design choices. If Pandaria was designed in the same vein as TBC though it'd be pretty fucking great.
>>
File: susangame.png (18 KB, 332x237) Image search: [Google]
susangame.png
18 KB, 332x237
>>343830246
It was good before the Chinese arrived.
Even if Blizzard didn't shut it down it would have imploded at some point.
>>
>>343830285
Video says for 1.4 and I don't know when that patch was.

Rogues were cake for me as a priest.
Even 2 rogues at the same time of similar/slightly below level and I could win by leveling back in early vanilla.

I think this changed a lot with pvp trinkets, but I think I was already lvl 60 by the time honor system came around.
And I was horde so I didn't have to deal with forsaken.

>Casters were shafted hard by gear being unoptimized as fuck
It didn't really need to be that good.
It's not like you needed a good weapon like the weapon classes.
>>
>World PvP movies
>>
>>343830374
I think the problem is that the server has RAF set up and I'm multi-boxing two accounts for the increased xp. I think I'd rather take 3 extra days to reach cap just to avoid juggling windows.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_102215_222110.jpg (316 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_102215_222110.jpg
316 KB, 1680x1050
>raiding was for some reason too intimidating for young me in retail, missed out on it
>end up joining a raiding guild on Nost
>no idea what I'm doing
>2am, need to be up at 6
>given all these kiting roles, obtain Tranquilizing Shot
>39 people are going to yell at me on teamspeak if I fuck something up

Holy fuck man
>>
File: wpvp as a mage.png (538 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
wpvp as a mage.png
538 KB, 853x480
>>
>>343830776
>Not turning on growl for the screenshot for the easy (You)'s
Missed opportunity
>>
>>343830776
Hunters were so easy to play in Classic.

Oh no wait they were always easy to play, which is probably why any semblance of responsibility is so intimidating for them.
>>
I miss my Whirlwind Axe
>>
I miss not having responsibility besides games or homework

I miss being happy
>>
>>343830824

Chuckled aloud
>>
>>343831947

I miss Benediction
>>
File: OrcRamblings.png (25 KB, 902x448) Image search: [Google]
OrcRamblings.png
25 KB, 902x448
>>
[Dirge]
>>
[The Nicker] stole my bike
>>
>>343832226
>that battle to do benediction quest with chinks
>>
File: 1466548127045.jpg (231 KB, 869x943) Image search: [Google]
1466548127045.jpg
231 KB, 869x943
>>343831947
>>343832226

>tfw you hit 40 and got your final talent point
>tfw no MMO can pull you in like WoW does
>>
>>343832573

That benediction quest was hard as fuck for shadow priests, I think I had to re-spec in the end.
>>
File: feathers.jpg (129 KB, 899x736) Image search: [Google]
feathers.jpg
129 KB, 899x736
>>343832695

>that feel when still play for the ERP
>I've done nothing but ERP since 4.3
>>
>tfw nine hour BRD runs
>>
>>343832926
I started ERP in TBC.

Was fun to join an ERP guild.
>>
>>343832926

>People who ERP on WoW

Let me guess, AD?
>>
>>343833204

>being European
>>
>>343833246

Don't tell me its Moon Guard.
>>
>>343804964
The Forsaken used to be able to speak common; they took it away when the Alliance couldn't handle the bantz
>>
Is it true Blizzard admitted in WoD that flying mounts were a mistake?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.