[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: hitman.jpg (5 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
5 KB, 198x254
Is this game cancer?

I'm a hitman fan but put off buying this because of the episodic crap and lack of content.

Anyone played it?
Is it cancer and the end of hitman?
>>
>>343796128
No, absolutely ridiculous distribution model and several layers on DRM aside, it's actually really good.
>>
>>343796128
Opinions seem mixed so far. I too haven't bought it yet, waiting for all episodes to be out. The timed mark system seems more interesting than the Contracts nonsense of the last one, at least.

That said, those who claim it's terrible never really elaborate on the reasons why.
>>
>>343796128
It's actually a really good game. The levels and the Elusive Targets are great. Lack of content is also false, making missions and the ways around one level is great and the fact that half the level isn't evfen used for 2 and 3 is also really good.
>>
>>343796128
It's better than Contracts, but not as good as BM.

Either way, this game is a DMC3-tier franchise redemption.
>>
>>343796532
>he timed mark system seems more interesting than the Contracts nonsense of the last one
I'm a hugh hitman fan, am also waiting for january for the full version to come out, because contracts mode is pretty shitty. the elusive target stuff seems really interesting, gives you a sense of urgency and prcision in a game series that was traditionally about trial and error until perfection.

>>343796934
>It's better than Contracts, but not as good as BM.
contracts is the best in the series, BM i it;s decline into casualization. did you actually play these games on release or was BM your first?
BM was the worse in the series until absolution
>>
File: 20160430181028_1.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160430181028_1.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>>343796532
>Levels are more open than BM
>More NPCs
>You've got plenty of options to kill targets
>Disguise system is well-balanced
>Enemies are less retarded
The levels we've got so far, even Moroccan one which is in that annoying "still good" territory, all allow for more kill opportunities than BM. Other mechanics are also really solid.
>>
People who say this is a shit hit man outside of not liking episodic are stupid and just don't want to like it. You're most likely the part of /v/ who generally don't like playing any games anymore.
>>
File: 20160702194231_1.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160702194231_1.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>343797149
>the elusive target stuff seems really interesting, gives you a sense of urgency and prcision in a game series that was traditionally about trial and error until perfection.
Elusive targets are pretty boring, in my opinion, since it's just a matter of scouting and then going for the safest way. They unlock you a ballin suit, though.

>BM i it;s decline into casualization
BM also had way more open levels. I love Contracts too but Hitman is at its best when it's about freedom of assassination first and foremost, and Contracts wasn't quite there yet. Sure, its disguises allowed you to do whatever the hell you wanted but I'd rather take that over Hidden Valley or Tunnel Rat nonsense. Contracts had good disguise system, though, this game is more like it.
>>
>>343797728
>BM also had way more open levels
not really, 2 and contracts had more open levels than any in BM, only "open" level was murder of crows (though i was amazed when I first saw the amount of npc's they had on screen) even that level is small compared to 2's st petersburg or contracts china missions.
Though I did like BM, it is the worse of those 3 for me, 1 being too dated to judge really.
The coin was OP but the missions are still fun. Good story too
>>
>>343798364
What's your definition of "open"? Targets in Hitman 2 had one way to SA them, Contracts sometimes had several, BM always had several. Hitman 2 also had way too much useless filler shit like Hidden Valley or Temple City Ambush.
>>
>>343797583
I find it funny how something that happens constantly in /v/ is that people have to justify different thoughts.
They always come up with an excuse
>YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT
>YOU DON'T LIKE VIDEOGAMES
>YOU CAN'T PIRATE IT

When people say something mean about a game they like.

Just a tip: not being able to understand that people have different opinions is a symptom of autism.
>>
>>343798903
>Targets in Hitman 2 had one way to SA them
2 had loads of ways of SA targets, essentially it was just not you or the body being seen.
there wasn't exactly signature kills like there was in absolution for example.
I meant open world as in a large area, BM's largest area is probably smaller than 2's largest area"s"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.