[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lockpicking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Oblivion.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Has any game gotten it right? What comes closest?
>>
>>343789354
(on OP pic: Oblivion wasn't the worst in terms of the mini-game making some sense, but overwhelmingly relied on the player's, rather than the character's, 'skill', making every lock openable from the get-go - this trivialized it to the point of making the presence of lockpicking in the game useless)
>>
>>343789354
What I dont understand is: why would you scratch the oblivion lockpick, yes it wasnt perfect, yes skyrims lockpicking wasnt great aswell, but WHY THE FUCK do we only have one lockpick system in the latest TES game? Why not have skyrims and oblvions lockpick system? You know, because there are more people doing lock mechanisms, right? So it would actually be a challenge when you encounter a new type of lock instead of wasting 20 lockpicks on a master lock.
>>
>>343789354
the dark mod does a pretty good job, you have to listen for audio cues rather than looking at a cutaway like this
>>
>>343789354
I kind of actually enjoy it the way it's in FO3, NV, and Skyrim.
>>
>>343789873
Dark mod would be GOAT if they had access to Thief's setting and sounds but instead the IP will have to rot under Square Enix.
>>
>>343790004
I don't understand.
What's there to hate about that system?
>>
>>343789354
Alpha Protocol on a controller.
>>
>>343789873
this
>>
>>343789873
Does it rely on differentiating one high frequency tone to another high frequency tone? Because that's fucked up considering hearing ability is just one of those things you can't get gud at.
>>
>>343790831
The fact, no matter how good the specific thing you're talking about is, /v/ will still call your taste worse than dogshit for not shitting on a game that he hates.
>>
>>343789354
I loved Oblivion's lockpick minigame, it allowed you to unlock hard lockpicks even when you had shit skill level, as long as you were good.
In Skyrim, and Fallout, the lockpick is not only shit, but also extremely hard to pick harder locks, which is no fun.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.