[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: stellaris.jpg (16 KB, 200x277) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.jpg
16 KB, 200x277
Is this game any fun?
>>
If you like 4x games yes
>>
It is until you get to end game but it also has zero replayability right now.
>>
>>343788517
Not really.

It's okay for a while, but there's not really any endgame besides "kill everyone around you."

It tries to push alliances and pacifism as options, but ultimately everyone will hate you for minor reasons like the fact you prefer defensive wars over liberation wars. And if you do gain an ally, they will refuse to be friends with anyone else or let you be friends with anyone else. Like a jealous girlfriend.

Paradox has become an early access company. It's kinda sad.
>>
>>343789043
Well damn, i was afraid of this it being a Paradox release.
>>
>>343789335
It's too bad. There are some concepts I really like, such as robots becoming smarter over time and the ability to uplift species.

It has a lot of potential, but Paradox wanted to release Stellaris and HOI4 within the same year and that was a terrible decision that caused both games to suffer in quality.
>>
>>343788517
The early game is great. A lot of fun

The midgame is boring. There's not much to do and they've admitted that they cut most of the midgame content for time.

The late game gets a bit interesting again, but by then shit is broken and you're probably pulling your hair out because of the lol ai or alternatively you're steamrolling because you managed to become spaceFrance.

Basically, I have some hopes for it but it still needs work and I fear it'll become a Paradox DLC machine like EU4.
>>
It's alright. I'd say to wait for the inevitable expansion before buying.
>>
It's a good babby's first strategy.
>>
>>343790067
Really, you just want to flat out wait until they've released a good two or three expansions.

It's not unplayable, it's just bare bones.
>>
Early to mid game is quite fun.

Sadly, only once, tops twice if you have a light form of autism. After the 3rd time you realize that there's literally no tree of choices you can make in the game to replay it in a different way, even starting as a different race with different government is quite the same.

Worth the pirate imo, absolutely not worth the price. It's a $5 game at most and I'm not even memeing you, you'll regret buying it
>>
>>343788517
No, it's too linear. There's only one resource to build shit with in the whole game and one energy resource. The problem I have is that you can pretty much invest in every thing in one playthrough easily, so there's no reason to replay it because there's no way to play it differently.
>>
>>343788517
Not right now, no.

Will probably be pretty good in a few years though.
>>
No, it's really really shallow.
Distant World is a far superior singleplayer game. But I guess stellaris is all there is for multiplayer.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.