[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there are any old IPs nintendo might revive on NX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Custom_Robo_(GC)_(NA).jpg (130 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Custom_Robo_(GC)_(NA).jpg
130 KB, 640x908
The company that made this did some 3DS stuff, so their still alive, last robo game was in 2007. Not sure if they are considered first or second party. Nintendo gave chibi robo another chance on 3DS even if it wasn't in the style of the old games. Even though they still have metroid and mario spinoffs they have kind of exhausted a lot of their big IPs on Wii U. So for the NX I think we will see some things come back. F-Zero I think will have to get a game in the NX's lifespan, Kid Icarus will probably get a game, and if the console/handheld divide is over we will technically be getting console fire emblem if you really want to count that (along with monster hunter, pokemon, everything else that has been handheld focused, even if it still is you would at least be able to play on TV). I don't think eternal darkness will come back but it would be pretty exciting for nintendo to explore dark tones and stick an M on a box, though hard to see that happening with what they have done to games on Wii U.
>>
>>343786821

They seem to bring a few token IPs back each gen. Like on the GC/GBA they brought back Metroid, Wii they brought back Punch Out!! and Donkey Kong Country, and WiiU/3DS they brought back StarFox, Pikmin and Kid Icarus, so I suspect they'll bring back something, but it'll be so out of left field we'll never see it coming.
>>
I think Starfy, Metroid and maybe Chibi-robo will see a resurgence on the NX, but not sure in what capacity
>>
>>343786821
Man custom robo was awesome. One of the first weeb games I played when I was
A kid
>>
>>343787180
Yeah, I would normally consider custom robo too odd/obscure of a game to bring back but if they own the IP I could see them throwing it to a team. It's weird as fuck seeing chibi robo amiibos around because I thought for sure that shit was dead. I really want to say they will bring duck hunt back but I couldn't imagine it being a full release (and this is if we don't count the wii play minigame). Ice climbers could return, though slightly odd after not being in smash
>>
>>343787679
>get sword of storms
>its awesome but everyone and their mom can dodge it
>still can't figure out how to properly use bombs to this day

I loved the game but I was just a huge idiot
>>
>>343786821
The DS game despite being fun wasn't very successful. i don't see them doing this.
>>
>>343786821
wasn't the story to this 2deep4me?

still a great game
>>
>>343786821
>Remember the old custom robo trailer dor GC
>be hype
>play the game
>It's about building robots and not actually sentient robots fighting in the apocalypse
False advertising
>>
An extended Pilotwings with a massive world to explore, missions and whatnot and amazing multiplayer games, the planes section in WiiSportsResort was amazing.
>>
Post your best Custom Robo legal builds.
>>
>>343786821

Maybe with all the craze around Telltale and Life is Strange they can bring back Famicom Tantei Club in some way.
>>
HOLY SHIT

GUYS, SUPER SCOPE RETURNS?
>>
File: 139.jpg (37 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
37 KB, 400x240
Probably, Kid icarus came out of nowhere
>>
File: Eternal-Darkness-8-1024x768.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Eternal-Darkness-8-1024x768.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
Well they have to do announce something Eternal Darkness related this year or else lose the trademark
Not expecting it though
>>
>>343786821
What's the top tier build in this game?
>>
>>343790115
>back of the case shows first person shot
>you don't unlock first person mode until you beat the game
>>
>>343792212
Going off memory here:
javelin
dragon arm
fuck bombs
dolphin pod
feather legs
>>
>>343796303
the bombs should be ones that can go over the wall
>>
>>343789671
Its a damn shame.
The DS game was pretty fun and I would love to see a sequel.
>>
>>343792212
Tempest
V Laser Gun
Direct Bomb
Buster Pod
Booster LEgs
>>
>>343786821
Custom Robo sold like shit and Reviewed like shit.

It's my favorite game on the Gamecube, and even I have no hope they will make another one.
>>
>>343789561
Do what I do and use the standard bomb for the whole game.
>>
I'm mad they had the chance to revive Chibi Robo and made shitty zip lash instead of a legit new adventure game I still bought it for the amiibo
>>
>>343786821
they'll never make another custom robo, noise doesn't care about it anymore
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.