[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: SO5-JP-Box-Art_01-25-16_001.jpg (296 KB, 1000x1223) Image search: [Google]
SO5-JP-Box-Art_01-25-16_001.jpg
296 KB, 1000x1223
What's the verdict?
>>
>>343784206
First half 8.0/10
Second half 6.0/10

I could care less about tradition. The lack of New Game+ makes trophies impossible for me.
>>
>>343784415
Is it comfy? Nice environments?
>>
>>343784497
Not really. Just the same three to four generic towns (depending on progress) with useless NPCs.
>>
>>343784415
sounds like every star ocean ever
with the exception of 4 which was a straight 3/10 the whole ride
>>
>>343784415
>>343784415
are there missable trophies ?
>>
>>343784653
Oh
>>
Better than 4
The characters aren't bad just bland but loli doesn't make you want want to strangle her every time she talks

Combat isn't much of an improvement and in some cases a step back

And for story its better than 4
>>
>>343784206
so it doesn't deserve the absolute bashing and hate it's currently getting?
>>
File: Nope, Nope, Nope.jpg (11 KB, 567x103) Image search: [Google]
Nope, Nope, Nope.jpg
11 KB, 567x103
>>343784739
There is if you are into crafting. You have to collect every weapon in the game on a single playthrough. Some people used synthesis with rare weapons.
>>
>>343784206
really average, second worst in the series and i hate to link the video but this guy is just a huge fan like me but this game has flaws
also im sad to hear that tri-ace might go full mobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXDoKgKMVvY
>>
>>343784206
Shite.
>>
>>343784206
7/10 at best. The whole game just feels rushed; everything from the story to the battles to the world itself (the three capital cities are separated by only one map area). And all the side quests and 'optional' stuff is literally just backtracking - often making you backtrack the same areas multiple times.

A real shame. At least the art team did an amazing job.
>>
>>343785509
>>343785509
nopeeee
>>
Mediocre beyond belief and barebones as fuck. Feels like half a game at times. About the only thing really nice I can say about it is the character designs are nice. I like the artstyle used. Everything else looks bland as fuck though.
>>
I'd say average, I'm just about to end the story and while i'm not really grabbed by the story, it's there, just full of cliches and predictability. The combat system isn't exactly deep, but it gives reason to play and has enough nuances and customization to stay entertaining. The zones you play in are way too small, and you will be seeing too much of each one. Tons of backtracking, enough to turn what I imagine reviewers were doing (total rush through on Easy in 15 hours) into 40 hours and counting.
>>
>>343786923
I'd say more people should buy it though, just so square at least gives them a bigger budget and another chance, they even said before the game came out it would be small
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.