[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that highly rated game that you just don't like I'v
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
>that highly rated game that you just don't like

I'v tried this 5 times over the last few months. It just feels slow and dull.

Anyone had similar experiences with other games. Another series that I think suck are the GTA games. just fucking boring. I feel like theres something wrong with me
>>
obligatory git gud
>>
git gud u shemale leoeleoleoel
>>
>>343781464
lol step up your game scrub
>>
When I first tried DaS, I thought it was utter shit with unresponsive controls and clunky camera.

Then I tried it again two years later and loved every second of it.
>>
I couldn't get into the witcher 2's combat for the longest time. I had to mod the combat in order to make the game playable for me.

It just felt floaty and unresponsive, and like geralt did his own thing and didn't follow your prompts at all.
>>
>>343781779
git gud at saying git gud
>>
>>343781923
lmao step up your game scrub
>>
>>343781923
lmao step up your game scrub
>>
Bioshock both 1 and 2 are some of the most overated games of all time.
>>
>>343781860
the combat in all witcher games is shit t͏͏b͏͏h lad
at least the first game was a good game despite the combat, 2 and 3 are just pure shit overall
>>
I despised it when it came out, especially the undead asylum, the 'unbeatable' first boss that you're just supposed to avoid on your first playthrough, the general shitty console control method and perspective

everything about it just screams bland, dull, console trash that would be right on home on ps2 with the rest of the shovelware

but then I landed in firelink shrine, saw the attention to detail, and how much freedom you had on which place to go next, and was suddenly in love with it

dark souls is definitely a game that overcomes its inferior console breeding to become an excellent specimen-which somehow makes it better than an equally good PC game
>>
>>343781923
OOHOHOOH
I bet you had problems with Taurus Demon scrub
>>
>>343782078
2 is underrated imo
>>
>>343781464
>not liking GTA
I feel you

I could understand that in the time of GTA 3 it was new and awesome, but there are so many "mess around in the city sandbox" games out there that it isn't even funny
>>
>>343781464
git gud scrub, the shitty framerate in blighttown is part of the lore u dumb fuck. you would know that if you watched vaatividya like a true fan
>>
>>343781464
Only made it to the depths of Dark Souls so far. Demon's Souls pulled me in way easier, I don't know if it was the level selection or what really. That game also seemed a lot more fair.
>>
>>343781464
Yes

The witcher 3
Guild wars 2
World of Warcraft
Dying light
Fall out new Vegas
Half life 2
Borderlands

The list goes on
>>
>>343781464
lmao the game is pretty fast given you have to watch attacks and dodge them at exactly the right time, but I know how you feel with gta, especially 5
>>
>>343782536
why don't you like New Vegas btw it's Fallout no space
>>
>>343782536
I've never hear Guild Wars 2 being highly rated. Even Guild Wars fans say it pales in comparison to GW1
>>
>>343782536
>The witcher 3
The others I can understand but how?

Its literally the best game of the last 10 years.
>>
Souls games are meme games, nobody really enjoys them
>>
>>343782078
THIS. Especially 1, could only play 2 hours before I dropped it. Maybe it was great for its time but the gunplay is fucking lame. The cameras and spammed turrets are also a fucking pain.
>>
>>343781464
to answer your question OP, you have to accept the core conceit of the game

I can understand why people like STALKER, but I find the whole idea of pressing right click to make ___the_gun_fire_straight___ to be straight up retard pandering, I simply can't play a game which my mind tells me is made for slow, unintelligent people. Am I right? Maybe? but I don't accept the core conceit of the game, and thus it's a literal sandbox to me, the kind that preschoolers play in

I feel the same way about GTA, I don't want to be a nigger, and I don't particularly enjoy driving around. So I will never enjoy that series

there are plenty of things that are enjoyable, keep trying new things
>>
>>343782685
The idea and exploration are cool, but the gameplay itself was boring as fuck to me.

>>343782690
Yeah you're right. I guess I meant my expectations of it were quashed when I played it for the first time. I loved guild wars. Especially before they nerfed many of the fun activities, like treasure runs and solo farming with certain builds.
>>
>>343781860
What combat mod? I felt the same way, though at this point I'd really rather just move on to witcher 2./=
>>
>>343781464
I loved fallout 2, but Fallout New Vegas just does nothing for me, with or without mods. I like the setting and the writing but... I didn't like Skyrim or FO3 either and I was really hyped for Fallout 3. I loved Oblivion though, maybe those kinds of games just lose their magic over time. My brother felt the same kind of ennui over Fallout 4 that I did over 3.
>>
>>343782731
The graphics and immersion are top notch. And for someone whose played games since Zelda, it took me back to the single player rpgs I grew up playing. However, I just couldn't get into the story and the gameplay itself annoyed me. I play it when I want to appreciate the work the programmers put into the environment. But I can't get past playing more than 30-60 min.
>>
>>343783098
Return of the Sword

It makes one click do one attack (rather than have a chance that geralt will do a 4 hit flourish on an enemy that doesn't get hitstun)
You can control the distance of your dash/leap attack.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (39 KB, 626x268) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
39 KB, 626x268
I was like you, just find a buddy to play coop and it becomes a fun game to play
>>
File: 1467347594592s.jpg (2 KB, 125x92) Image search: [Google]
1467347594592s.jpg
2 KB, 125x92
>>343782996
>but I find the whole idea of pressing right click to make ___the_gun_fire_straight___ to be straight up retard pandering

hwat
>>
File: 1349891140064.png (106 KB, 754x653) Image search: [Google]
1349891140064.png
106 KB, 754x653
>>343781464
>6 months since the depression hit harder than ever
>dont enjoy anything anymore, games I loved are bland to me now
>just keep on working and when im home playing games like its my job

Hopefully one day I wake up and feel better, or dont wake up at all.
>>
>>343782536
Yeah all of these really.
>>
>>343781464
Pretty much every Pokemon game. They're all the same, linear, boring, turn based shit. The only decent thing about them is the art style and the music but even that's been ruined with the new 3ds games.
>>
>>343785017

Same here. I played Pokemon when it came out in America and loved it, but I've never been able to get into it since Gen 3 for the reasons you've mentioned. Yet I like Dragon Quest and I only just played through them last year. Not sure what it is about DQ that makes it alright.
>>
To each their own. And to be fair GTA games start you off with nothing and make you go through a lot of trivial fetch quest tier missions to simulate building up a reputation and making connections. The really good shit in those games starts when you get access to all islands. Everything up until then is almost tutorial.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.