[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something nice about this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 18258_dark-souls-2-5.jpg (2 MB, 1488x1052) Image search: [Google]
18258_dark-souls-2-5.jpg
2 MB, 1488x1052
Say something nice about this game
>>
Cestus and vanquisher's seal enhanced fists are fucking amazing.
>>
File: DaS warrior knight.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS warrior knight.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
warrior knight looks cool and i can see that the developpers tried to create more challenging scenario
>>
>>343780739
>stellar optimization, runs at a billion fps on a toaster, seriously wtf, it's so smooth it hurts
>bear seek seek lest
>forest of the fallen giants is 10/10
>best DLC content From has made with the old hunters
>chariot executionner, lost sinner, demon of songs, mirror knight, duke's dear freja, velstadt, sinh, fume knight, aava, ruin sentinels
>best build variety
>has best souls girl
>some amazing areas
>way more lore than what one may think at first glance
>majula music=best soulsborne soundtrack, also majula is 10/10 and best hub

And with all these great things you have a floating volcano, poorly textured areas, missing geometry, and tanimura that had just a few months to fix the bullshit of the previous director.
>>
small white soapstone is cool and the online feels smoother and better integrated than other souls games, although the lack of a whole red eye orb kinda ruins that
>>
Majula was a comfy hub
The game looks better than its predecessor
>>
its better than demon souls.
>>
>>343780739
Spears are actually viable weapons.
>>
Had some cool equipment (lookin at you throne watcher)
That's all I can think of
>>
>DS2
>murmuring echoes of the first game
>subtle callbacks but nothing overt -- it feels like the original game has mostly been forgotten and happened centuries ago
>the plot is mysterious and uncertain but still utilizes the same thematics

>DS3
>references to the first game everywhere
>corpses of DS1 characters as though it happened yesterday
>subtle isn't even in the rulebook -- everything is a winking elbow jab reference

it had a way better atmosphere than 3
>>
There are builds that aren't R1 spam parry knight and 2H look out for hyperarmor warrior
>>
runs great
huge armor and weapon variety
great DLC
majority of bosses are good
>>
>>343782226
I have to agree mostly, but for some reason I couldn't stand Majula's music
>>
>>343780739
Poise works
>>
>>343780739
soul memory
>>
Are magic cestus viable? I want to do a Symphogear build.
>>
File: 1454547728000.webm (212 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1454547728000.webm
212 KB, 400x224
Power Stance and Bonfire Ascetics were great.
The Pursuer encounters were fun
>>
It tried to be it's own thing rather than a rehash wich copy paste areas. Feels fresh instead of boring.
>>
>>343780739
It is better than Dark Souls III
>>
vastly improved innuendos over the predecessors
>>
>great level design (yes, some areas are poorly connected, but they were crafted with video games -- people criticize dark souls 2's level design because it has an unrealistic approach unlike the other souls games)
>extremely diverse areas (from a viking pirate cove to a castle sunken in lava, you name it)
>huge amount of armor sets and customization (around 110, most of them are new, unlike Dark Souls 3 which recycled shit from older games)
>huge amount of weapons
>fluid, weighted mo-capped animation that is just a pleasure to look at
>cloth physics
>great, diverse PvP, even a PvP arena that ties in with the lore and isn't just randomly tacked on
>can respec as much as you want
>lots of bosses
>huge build diversity (hexes, magic, faith, strength, dex, can be mixed and matched)
>100+ hrs worth of content, SotFS is great value
>runs amazingly well, even reaching 60fps on the PS4

Seriously, Dark Souls 2 SotFS is the best souls game and literally the only fault with it is Soul Memory, and even that can be mitigated now with the Agape Ring.
>>
>>343785128
The only good thing about Soul Memory is how it destroys the artificial SL max imposed by tryhard min-max over the entire comunity. I always was able to summon, be summoned, invade and to be invaded regardless of SM. Meanwhile I reached SL 160 in DaS3 and I can't find anybody; not even as a Blademoon or an Aldrich.
>>
File: tutorail on how 2 bs.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tutorail on how 2 bs.webm
2 MB, 640x480
It had the best PvP of all three DaS games.

DaS3 was such a fucking lemon. Awful in every single way.
>>
>>343785128
they were crafted with it being a video game in mind***
>>
>>343780739
It's not Overwatch
>>
>>343780739

I love how they improved the big weapons gameplay compared to DaS1.
>>
File: 1437284499414.jpg (23 KB, 506x437) Image search: [Google]
1437284499414.jpg
23 KB, 506x437
Runs great. Huge variety of armors and weapons, nearly all of which are viable. The resulting massive build diversity available, leading to infinite replayability. Excellent pvp scene due to the variety, although this flounders after passing into the final SM tier. Good variety of environments, from flaming castles to misty forests, to damp caverns.

DS2 gets a lot of shit, but it's the one that I'm still going to be replaying in 10 years. The key is "variety". DS3 was a step back in variety on every level, from armor to weapons to magic, to simple build viabliity. Sure, there's flavor of the month meta problems in every game, but DS3's entire combat system is built around longsword attack speed. That's something they can't fix by tweaking magic stats or adding in a half dozen armors in a DLC.
>>
>>343780739
It has the most build variety of all the souls games
>>
>>343785369
Yup, my guy in DS2 is level 230 and I still get invaded and find summons regularly
>>
>>343780739
>It's well designed to pick up and play a new build with gimmicky setups
>Its the most non-linear souls game during the first 10 minutes, and the second most during the first half of the game after demon's
>connecting to other players was improved after dark and demon's, netcode nonwithstanding
>consuming multiple souls at the same time was a well needed streamlining process
>is the best-optimized game on pc in the series
>spellcasting, while slightly underpowered, is probably the most well-balanced in the series
>parrying and backstabbing require timing and tact and cant be abused to an overpowered extent
>shield choice doesnt come down to "pick grass crest or havels" every time
>both 50% and 70% equip loads have advantages and disadvantages
>healing mid-fight is punishable, needs to be done tactfully
>poise isnt overpowered, though heavy armor could have stood to have a small buff as it currently stands, but not as strong as initial release
>boss weapons and spells are cool as fuck, and don't require wasting upgrade materials to obtain
>infusion is handled better as it has been streamlined to it's current state

DS2 was probably the best game "to happen" to the souls series, as it solidified what works well as well as what doesn't.
>>
>>343785762
This anon gets it.

I don't think it is a question at all as to whether Dks3 is a better designed game, but after your first playthrough, that's pretty much it. Just like in Bloodborne, the build variety is so small that there isn't much reason to go back and dick around with shit like in the prior souls games.

Lack of variety is honestly the only reason I'm not too fond of Dks3 and Bloodborne.
>>
As someone who has never understood what the fuck it is, what the fuck is Soul Memory?
>>
>>343786481

Isn't the ammout of souls you got?
>>
>>343786481
every soul (if you have never played a soul's game, souls are both experience and currency at the same time, earned from defeating enemies) you obtain, whether it is used or lost upon death, is counted in a meter. The range of players you can connect to online is determined not by your level (like in every other souls game), but by the difference between your soul memory numbers. This leads to players who want to grind for items like consumables, or have multiple upgraded sets of armor or weapons for build variety to have inflated soul memories, and get connected to players with much more points in their stats, leading to one-sided fights.
>>
>>343786481
It's your total amount of acquired souls. Dks2 pairs you up with people based on that, instead of your actual level. They did it to try and prevent ganking, but it created a myriad of other connection problems with people that a braindead chimpanzee could have seen coming from a mile a way.
>>
>>343780739
The guy in Majula who went crazy with narcissism because he was experiencing the sales of each of his alternate selves was a good character
>>
>>343786843
That was quick.

Thank you and yeah. I just didn't get what exactly it was. So that means someone who dies a shitload without getting their Souls back will also be a bit bloated on a per-area basis due to killing shit multiple times I assume?
>>
>>343787001
Yeah, and thus very underpowered for online connectivity. One of the many issues caused by soul memory.

Of course it wasn't much of an issue in terms of invasions, since it's practically impossible to get invaded until you go NG+ or stick around to extremely high NG levels.
>>
>>343786843
>>343786930
on paper, SM was a good idea in concept, but the problem was its execution. It wouldnt have been nearly as bad as it was if the tiers were wider than they currently are, or if SM didn't get counted if you lost those souls by not getting your bloodstain after dying
>>
>>343787001
Exactly.
And people who just wanted to help people with bosses (like me) would be forced to move to another area because there is a point where your character reaches a SM range outside the one where the people fighting that particular boss are.
>>
File: Ultra secret rare pepe.jpg (404 KB, 1353x1670) Image search: [Google]
Ultra secret rare pepe.jpg
404 KB, 1353x1670
>>343786995
I found it funny when he did that
Then I killed him and took his Jewish clothes
>>
It didn't influence any of the other games they made. It's nice enough to sit in it's own shitty little corner
>>
>>343787102
the outstanding issues with SM were also placed on top of the fact that items used for invading other players were limited, unless you grinded for them. In every other souls game, you had an infinite-use item for invasions, so players were more than likely not willing to invade in DS2 out of the fear of wasting a consumable. Co-op signs were (and still are) pretty plentiful in the game since they are infinite use, AS WELL AS the fact that the SM tiers are larger in range for co-op
>>
>>343780739
It made /v/s contrarian hipsterism hilariously transparent, as if it wasn't already.
>>
>>343780739

DLC areas are top notch.
>>
>>343786995
It was great seeing the NPCs going hollow slowly. Every time you found Lucatiel she was more and more gone. Meanwhile DaS had NPCs perfectly fine, then the next time you found them they were hollowed.
>>
>>343787479
That has been somewhat corrected though, as SotFS made spawns when joining the Company of Champions infinite, so there isn't a limited amount of red/blue eye orbs in the game anymore.

It also made grinding for armor sets and shit easier as well.
>>
>>343787701
>Company of Champions
I like how the developers did something for the people who prefers the single-player content and wanted an extra challenge.
>>
>>343787701
I believe the phrase "you can paint shit gold.." applies here. If they wanted to fix the invasion item problem, they should have just patched in a Red Eye Orb or something. Wouldn't have fixed SM, but it would fix another problem that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
>>
>>343787701
that only avoids the problem, it doesn't correct it. No one wants to grind for shit that should be given to the player in some form in the first place
>>
>>343788480
Hey, well, at least it's not finite any more.
>>
Power Stancing
Actual additions to NG+

That's about it, though
>>
>>343787339
How about you list something bad about it besides muh soul memory or stop memeing about how bad it was. That band wagon is over
>>
>>343780739
Majula is cozy as fuck. It's the best hub area of all of soulsborne.
I like how nonlinear the first half of the game's progression is.
Forest of the Giants is a great zone.
DLC was great.
>>
it's the best DaS game and people is just realizing it around here
>>
The DLC was alright besides the first.
Powerstancing caestus was a grand old time
Where the fuck did all the DS2 apologists come from?
>>
>>343780739
I never played it
>>
Its weapon variety, build variety, length, and general level of balance are all the best in the series.

Despite its assets being scrambled and put together after the mess Shibuya made, they still managed to make it enjoyable enough for it to be my favorite and gave it a pretty interesting original story.
>>
File: DaS2 Throne.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 Throne.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>343780739
Lucatiel is cool.
It runs well.
That's about it.
>>
Its weapon variety, build variety, length, and general level of balance are all the best in the series.
It tried an astound amount of things and most of them were great changes.
While being a sequel, the story, theme, assets are all its own. Looking at you, Dark Souls 3.

Despite its assets being scrambled and put together after the mess Shibuya made, they still managed to make it enjoyable enough for it to be my favorite and gave it a pretty interesting original story.
>>
>>343789761
DaS3 came out and surprise, it's actually not that great.

First time it's not hipstering around. 3 isn't that memorable and makes the other two shine.
>>
>>343785128
All of this is lies except for large amount of armor, great attack animations, cloth physics, and the pvp stuff.

They areas are diverse too, but they're so poorly made. No intelligent layout. Straight path. And a let's hit the player with 300 weak dudes mindset.

Literally an embarrassment to the series.
>>
>>343789761
>Brum Tower was alright

I disagree.
>>
>>343790039
3 is more fun than 2 though, even if it is admittedly a little weak. 2 is just a mess. People might be disappointed by 3 but has everyone already forgotten just how bad 2 actually is? Is this some Zelda cycle shit going on?
>>
File: 1347517577749.jpg (61 KB, 475x401) Image search: [Google]
1347517577749.jpg
61 KB, 475x401
>>343789761
>spend years defending DS2 whenever it comes up
>now that 3 is out and other people realize that miyazaki isn't god, they start realizing DS2 had good qualities
>"lol you're all just being contrarian wind wakerites"
>>
>>343780739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hoAyx3-0I
>>
>>343780739
It's not BioWare
>>
>>
>>343790346
I really think people just haven't played 2 lately. Jumping immediately from 2 to 3, 3 is a fucking godsend. I wish we had just gotten it instead of 2 altogether.
>>
>got ds1 first during a sale
>didn't play past 10 hours
>got ds2 since the gameplay and exploration felt nice
>played for more than 200 hours
>would love to play bloodborne but not paying for a fucking ps4
>got ds3
>almost 150 hours played
I can see how ds2 wasn't a "real" souls title, more of a spin off but it's stil a great game.
>>
Bell tower was fun! FUN!
>>
File: 1439113722789.jpg (447 KB, 1045x1250) Image search: [Google]
1439113722789.jpg
447 KB, 1045x1250
Why did dex have to be so shit in DS2?
>use a dex weapon
>kill 3-4 guys
>lol weapin at risk

Small white soap stone and life gems were the shit, tho.
>>
>>343782226
>Best souls girl
Maiden in Black has yet to be topped
>>
Best boss designs
Best lore
>>
>>343785369

This. I seriously think the ds3 connectivity problems are because of reddit and /dsg/ forcing artificial levels cap that no one trully follow.
>>
>>343790689
>life gems were the shit

that's a new meme

let me add it to my database
>>
>>343790045
>And a let's hit the player with 300 weak dudes mindset.
Dark Souls 3 does this a THOUSAND times more.
>>
>>343780739
It has the best and most amount of armor and weapons in the souls games, with every weapon being pretty damn viable in one way or another, for both pve and pvp.
>>
>>343790689

>life gems
It is a fair argument, but it isnt something new. Demon souls have them, and it is instant heal, not slow like in ds2.

>Small white soapstone
Fuck you, it was great.
>>
>>343790689
Life gems sucked. I don't know why they changed the old estus system, it was perfectly fine in DaS.
>>
File: 1466717014767.jpg (52 KB, 640x583) Image search: [Google]
1466717014767.jpg
52 KB, 640x583
>>343780739

It tired.
>>
It was still fun. It was very well optimized for PC. It had some interesting new bosses, areas and good looking new weapons and armour. DLC was pretty good.
>>
>>343790507
Not him, I feel the opposite. Going from DS3, my first, to DS2, I feel like I've made a mistake this whole time.
>>
>>343783328
>subtle isn't even in the rulebook -- everything is a winking elbow jab reference

Yeah this kind of bugs me about DaS3. I don't mind a few throwbacks in an NPC or item description but it's too much. I like DaS3 a lot but it doesn't stand on its own enough to my liking.
>>
File: 1452722888417.gif (2 MB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
1452722888417.gif
2 MB, 375x300
>>343791438

How far are you into 2? It's pretty shit and long, one of the few games where i really rushed to finish so I could stop playing. It was fun for a little while however so maybe you're new to it?
>>
>>343791278
This. You actually had to know when to use an Estus in DaS2, and who the fuck wants that? Istant healing is much better so that i don't even have to try at the game.
>>
>>343789292
It plays like dog shit. It's the least fluid feeling out of all of the games. Feels like you're moving though molasses with every action.

Adaptability is a shit mechanic that makes gameplay less consistent if you don't invest in a stat.

The lore is far and away the least we'll thought out in the entire series.

Level design is pretty bad, got a bit better in the DLCs but was still uneven(ice one was mostly all bad).

Bosses lacked variety and were far simpler compared to the other games.

... And much Soul Memory. It's a bad game that had a troubled development history, which shows in nearly every aspect of the title.
>>
It actually had a lot of cool ideas. Powerstancing, gear/build variety, NG+ adding new enemies, ascetics, Mirror Knight summons, rat covenant, etc. I could never quite get past the disappointing level design, even more disappointing bosses and various little moment to moment gameplay issues, but the game definitely has its strong points. Really wish I could have enjoyed it better overall.
>>
>>343787698
Yeah, I really enjoyed how hollowing was handled in Dark2. Say what you will, but seeing a lot of your friends slowly go mad was much better than "Hey thanks for teaching me this cool fire spell. I am now insane zombie man!"

The only person to fit the hollowing process properly in Dark1 (and even 3) was Logan, but even then he never hollowed, just went loony.
>>
Good changes DaS2 made that FROM removed in DaS3 for some retarded reason

>Ascetics, not to respawn enemies but to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields actually improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Really fun NPC invaders where they didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and the pickaxe
>Pharros Lockstones and Fragrant Branches to manipulate the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning resistance while boosting your fire resistance
>NG+ didn't just increase enemy HP and damage, it added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison pools made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it, and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even if you were hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but as a result you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to Black Crystal to solo the boss
>Ds2 made full use of the elemental rock paper scizor system. In ds1 and ds3, It is Just a minor bonus
>Backstep has i-frames
>Convenants were unique
>Estus isnt instantaneous while you can still fucking move.
>>
>>343790689
Never had problems with durability in DaS2 after the Scholar patch that fixed the bug.
Rapiers are so powerful that you basically don't run out. Maybe shitty katanas will be an issue.
>>
>>343780739
I think the game really gets good after Castle Drangleic (sort of the opposite of how Dark Souls 1 sort of falls apart in some places after Anor Londo)

Shrine of Amana was beautiful (though horseshit before they patched the trigger range on the casters). Aesthetically just one of the best areas FROMSoft's ever put into a Souls game. Finding the hollowed King Vendrick was atmospheric as hell, and I thought the giants' memories were a neat feature.
>>
>>343789531
There is something about Majula's theme that feels dreary, but hopeful at the same time. It's like it shows that things have gone to hell, but there is still hope to make it all better.

Dark1 felt a little too cheery, which does work in ways as it was the first of the cycle of relighting, and was meant to be "world is saved"

Dark3 was too despairing, which also makes sense as it has now become "the world is fucked, who cares anymore."
>>
>>343791830
That's not what I meant retard. I meant why the fuck did they change it from always having 5 to having 1 and slowly upgrading until you always have 12 while giving you a ton of consumable healing items. Only having 5 at all times and no other ways to heal besides cracking humanities was nice, it really made each estus feel like it mattered.
Also I think the slow heal was shit. It just made fight more boring because every time you got hit you then had to bait the boss into doing an attack with enough cooldown to heal before you could actually heal. It wasn't actually that strategic like people claim because you're constantly baiting enemies anyway, it just made fights last longer than they needed to. I think DS1 had the perfect heal length: you couldn't do it at anytime but you had more opportunities to heal than in 2
>>
>>343789292
>How about you list something bad about it besides muh soul memory
>only make arguments I agree with

sasuga fammu
>>
>>343780739
Better game than DS3.
>>
>>343792140
You tellin me all these are missing form DS3?
>>
>>343780739
It had some nice mechanics and the only real annoyance is the number of enemies that are just guys with swords.

It's actually very open-ended once you start getting fragrant branches

Scholar fixed almost everything wrong with the game and it would have been 10/10 if the game just released like that.
>>
>>343783328
I entirely agree with this. I loved the story and the way it was delivered in DaS2.
>>
>>343792803
>and the only real annoyance is the number of enemies that are just guys with swords.
Something tells me people don't actually play these games.
>>
>>343792335
Even then, I made a dex build with a falcion+katana power stance in mind, and my character is pretty much a fucking lawnmower. It is hilarious watching her utterly fuck a boss up hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3090x1642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3090x1642
>>343782760
>The game looks better than its predecessor

Ayy lmao
>>
>>343792901
I know you're being facetious, but you have to admit the game has a tremendous amount of guys-with-swords as enemies and bosses.

sometimes it's guys-with-spears

There's nothing wrong with that from a mechanical standpoint. It just gets old in a few areas.
>>
File: best waifu.png (1 MB, 1110x765) Image search: [Google]
best waifu.png
1 MB, 1110x765
>power stancing
>bonefist
>santier's spear (not so much the weapon, but its unique mechanic)
>DLC level design
>NG+ actually changes things
>can be invaded while hollow
>Majula is a comfy hub
>the whole pieces of Manus thing

Plus it's got the best waifu in the series.
>>
It's the only souls game that runs at 60fps natively without issues.

areas are nice and varied

there's no bullshit areas like blighttown or lost izalith

there's a lot of little details and mechanics that make you appreciate the game more once you've noticed them
>>
>>343793098
only woman that has ever told me that I smell nice.
>>
>>343792668
>Ascetics
>Left handed set
>Depletion exhaustion
>momentum from falls
>Poise
>NPC Invaders are interesting
>Puzzle mechanics for secrets
>Pharros' Lockstone equivalent
>Water mechanics
>NG+ mechanics
>Rolling drenching
>Multi-blood pool
>Invasions after-boss and hollow
>Invasion and Summon block
>Poison Builds
>Improved rolling
>Hexes in general
>White Phantom no estus w/ Invader
>Small Soapstone in general
>Rock/Paper/Scissors
>No Instant Estus
None of these were in DS3 period.
>>
>>343792901
>Something tells me people don't actually play these games.
Yeah, the people who insist that DS2 is the most varied in the series.

I do admit that scholar fixed a lot of that. But vanilla DS2 was just learning the parry windows of a few guys and then just coasting through the game.
>>
>Gives you rewards for not dying/not using a bonfire.

No death/no bonfire run was one of the most tense things I've done in a souls game.
>>
>>343792616
Because if you can't think of something besides soul memory you're bitching to be contrarian
>>
Scholar of the First Sin the best Souls game at the moment. It's gonna take both DLC 1 and DLC 2 to make DaS3 the overall winner.
>>
>>343792668
Yes they are, with maybe the exception that you get blood, dirt, and shit on your character that is washed off with water.
>>
>>343780739
Majula was pretty chill
>>
>>343793098
Power stancing was so much fun, I had one build that dual wielded spears. Drang Twinspears just don't fill that void.
>>
>>343793295
>>Small Soapstone in general

Holy shit this

Who the FUCK took away my small soapstone?

WHO
>>
The gameplay and lore weren't as bad as I had heard it was, and it's still miles better than the average game released in the past five years.
>>
File: 1372809595442.jpg (12 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1372809595442.jpg
12 KB, 265x265
>>343793364
>not recognizing parry fishers and fucking them up with delayed swings and combustions

the mindgame was a good 2/3rds of pvp, and the reason it was possible and incredibly satisfying to win with suboptimal builds like the ladle and pickaxe.
>>
>>343780739
>NPCs would hollow slowly and noticeably
>soul memory destroyed the authoritarian min/max build levels those autists tried to enfore
>locations
Forest of fallen Giants was incredible and the story behind it was epic along with the giant memories.
Majula had amazing music, haunting and distant yet at the same time soft and soothing. there was a sinister innocence to it.
Heides tower of flame, HOLY FUCK was this place good. The lighting, the sun setting in the distance being contrasted with the darkened night sky above, how the flames danced into the heavens overbearing the sinking white city where old rusted knights still roam.
Its visual poetry.
Varangian cove or whatever that place was...
Viking pirates, pretty cool and then you sail out to the moonlit prison.
the story of the game progresses along with the "day/night" cycle.
Its incredible.
The dark and stormy castle of the king then you fight the looking glass knight on the top of the tower, in the rain, with lighting, and he summons other players to aid him.

>armor was kickass
Syans was cool, Heide knight was 10/10 would crusade with tier cool, velstadts armor was badass, not to mention Alva and Faraam.
>cool characters
The world wasn't lonely.
The characters weren't dull and boring either. Vengarl was one of the most interesting souls characters I've ever met.
>story wasn't retarded
It has answers to the "why?" questions instead of the typical "hows", so it made it easier for a player to understand what happened, and the points of ignorance were in places where it didn't really matter, the imagination could take flight and you would still retain the lovely storyline.
>inb4 retarded youtubers have their baseless conjecture
>combat was cool
hitboxes were shit, but the weapons and armor was the best so far.
>lance
That thing was a katanna killer.

Got so much hate for using the greatlance.
>>
>>343792038
>It plays like dog shit.
Stopped reading there. DS2 has some of the best combat mechanics in the entire series.

>Feels like you're moving though molasses with every action.
It's exactly the same as other souls games you contrarian idiot.
>>
>>343792038
Waahhh it wasn't dark souls 1 waaa

I'll give you your point in adp but I didn't think it was too big of a deal

The lore was fine if you didn't dickride ds1 like so many people want to. It wasn't that good of a game and I say that as someone who put 500 consecutive gaming hours into it, more than I've done for any other game
>>
>>343782226
>no sir alonne
seirously?
>>
>>343793434

I think you still dirty when you leave the poison poll in ds3 and slowly get cleaner, but the bar stop.
>>
File: 1431081683078.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1431081683078.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>>343780739
It's a fun game.

It has a lot of flaws the other games don't have, but I legitimately had more fun with this game than Dark Souls 3 by a wide margin.

Vanilla Dark Souls II isn't as good as Dark Souls 3. The dlc made it a lot more fun overall. And Scholar of the First Sin pushed it ahead even more.
>>
>>343793568
>PVP

Oh, you're talking about PVP.

I was talking about PVE.
>>
>>343793434
>We lose all that
>But gain a minor visual effect when you roll about a lot and scuff up your armor
>Armor also takes visual damage as durability drops
>But since durability of armor is insanely high and Bonfires are insanely plentiful and the fact you will NEVER break an armor piece, period, you never really notice
>>
>>343783328
felt the same thing.
>>
>>343783328
>>343791683
It's kinda funny, because a problem a lot of people have with 2 is that it references DS1 too much.
>>
>>343793295
Oh yeah, and oil status.
DaS III was more just like a knockoff of DaS I.
>>
>>343793589
Describing the areas like your Vattividya doesn't change the fact that the areas where short, linear, and empty (except for no man's warfh and bastille).

I could talk about how beatiful the blinding lava in Lozt Izalith is. It's still shit level dsign.
>>
>>343780739

It tried something interesting with its magic system.
>>
>>343780739
IT'S WORSE THAN DARK SOULS 3!
>>
>>343782226
Disregarding some of your other questionable choices how the fuck did you like Demon of Song? I like the design but it's so piss easy.
>>
File: fu.png (9 KB, 504x130) Image search: [Google]
fu.png
9 KB, 504x130
>>343792901
>>and the only real annoyance is the number of enemies that are just guys with swords.
>Something tells me people don't actually play these games.

You were saying?
>>
>>343793826
Wait, armor actually degrades in Dark3, visually too? I mean I have noticed my weapon got to half durability once or twice, because I didn't bother to rest at a bonfire for having enough estus to push on through easily, but never knew these things.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-04-14-09-13.png (240 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-04-14-09-13.png
240 KB, 800x480
What can you say about Dark Souls Ii?

He was Dark Souls.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is comfy.
>>
>>343794098
It's very slight and only on metallic armors, cloth/leather armors don't get torn or anything, if you take a TON of low-damage hits, the armor will have tiny dents and dings.
>>
>>343793097
Told ya you people don't even play the games.
Did you notice that it has more enemies and bosses than DaS and DaS3 combined?

The majority of DaS and DaS3 enemies is also guy-with-sword. Sometimes it's guy with spears or club.
With no DLC, half of DeS bosses are humanoids with weapons, half of DaS bosses are humanoids with weapons, half of DaS2 bosses are humanoids with weapons, The majority of DaS3 bosses are humanoids with weapons that turn on fire.
Normal enemies in all games?
Hollow with weapon, knight with weapon, skelly with weapon, crystal guy with weapon, ____ knight, "wild" enemy with weapon(Blightown, VoD, Gutter, etc), badass knight of final areas, make up 70% of the enemies you fight in the series.
>>
>>343783328
The entirety of DaS III was "DAE REMEMBER DARK SOULS I?"
>>
>>343789292
ADP.
Having to relearn parrying from the ground up every time you pick up a new weapon.
Durability.
The level design being complete and utter ass.
None of the bosses being good.
None of the areas being good.
Mirror guy making my headphones explode.
The project manager having a massive gangbang fetish.
Archers and casters fucking everywhere, by the dozens.
Bowser's castle.
Every other area in the game too.
The balance(release miracles, post nerf miracles, strike damage, counter damage, hexes)
The last minute removal of the lighting engine making everything look as washed out as lost Izalith.
>>
>>343794368

They sorta ignored DaS 2 on the way. Like, I really want to know what happened to Aldia and the Bearer.
>>
>>343794313
>HUr dUR U DUN EVEN PLEY XD

Fuck off and kill yourself. Other games having guys with swords doesn't excuse DS2 from having the amount it does.
>>
>>343794382
DaS3?
>>
>>343794515
Fume Sword was in the game so not totally forgotten.
>>
File: majula.jpg (185 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
majula.jpg
185 KB, 1344x756
Anyone else couldn't stand Majula?

Not because it was bad, but because it was damn unnerving. I couldn't listen to the music more then three-four minutes, it felt like I was going hollow myself
>>
Soul Memory pretty much made the game 100X better.

It removed the SLevel Meta, it removed twinking, the only thing that could've improve it would be a buff to no longer collect souls at all.
>>
File: 1324583181301.jpg (37 KB, 598x462) Image search: [Google]
1324583181301.jpg
37 KB, 598x462
>>343794368
Well when the community spends 6 years crying about how DS1 was the greatest and why wasn't DS2 like DS1, the developer response was to give them what they wanted.

And it's SHIT.
>>
>>343794587
>it's fine if the game I like does the same shit!
>>
>>343794515
>>343794618
Pretty much all of the references to Dark Souls II shit on it.
>>
>>343794515
They entirely ignored it. Fuck Miyazaki for ignoring the existing lore and leaning only on what he wrote.
May as well call it Dark Souls Episode VII with how much it copies from the original.
>>
>>343793942
shut up nerd.
Forest of Fallen giants was god tier.
The place had an excellent backstory and it felt meaningful being there.
Heides tower of flame was glorious aesthetically because of color contrasts.
You're just an idiot.
>empty
>short
>linear
There's a reason good things are few and far between.
>>
File: dolt.png (4 KB, 435x127) Image search: [Google]
dolt.png
4 KB, 435x127
>>343794313
>Told ya you people don't even play the games.
Yeah sure showed me, never played DS2 in my life.

Maybe if you're going to talk shit, it shouldn't be shit that someone can easily prove you stupid on.
>>
>>343794707
literally didn't say that. You're just being a retarded little kid now parroting shit he heard in dsg.

Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>343794313
>The majority of DaS and DaS3 enemies is also guy-with-sword. Sometimes it's guy with spears or club.

look at this retard and laugh.

there are guys with swords and clubs in both of those games, in no way do they make up the majority of enemies.
>>
Alonne Knights have great armor
>>
>>343794768
>forest of fallen giants

Lel someone post the picture of the trees the look copypasted in the middle of epty repeat textures.

Go look at a painting and jizz about how good i looks, maybe it will actually guve you good gameplay if you dork over it enough,
>>
>>343794382
Whoa you have to learn different parry times for different weapons! Looks like you're gonna have to try harder than in ds1 or des!

If you say all the bosses in ds2 are bad then there's no way you enjoyed any bosses in the others unless once again you're being a contrarian memester. Aava fume ivory king sinner just to name a few were among the best fights in the series.

Personally I felt like the gangbangs at least made sense, there's gonna be a lot of guys in a castle that's supposed to be filled with them anyways
>>
>>343780739

Dark souls 3 DLC better has Zullie's set or the desert sorcerer one. I wanna look l ike a slut while casting spells.
>>
>>343795110
They do, and the armor is actually worth wearing instead of being a fashion souls statement like in DS3.
>>
File: Reaction905.jpg (38 KB, 258x254) Image search: [Google]
Reaction905.jpg
38 KB, 258x254
>>343780739
Its atmosphere is really good, I could get lost in it for hours and still feel like I'm on an adventure.

I actually quite liked DS2, it's certainly no 10/10 but it is definitely a solid 7.5/10.
>>
Dark Souls II has a lot of innovation, especially in New Game Plus. Freja appearing earlier, for instance? Fucking awesome, and we need more of that sort of stuff to increase replay value on these games.
>>
>>343794618
Vendrics shield was also in smouldering lake
>>
>>343795190
>Whoa you have to learn different parry times for different weapons! Looks like you're gonna have to try harder than in ds1 or des!

Am I the only fucking person that liked doing that?

I LOVE finding a weapon with a ridiculous parry and learning it anyway.

Every curved sword in the game except the Monastery Scimitar has a four-frame parry window, and I fucking learned it and it feels great.
>>
>>343795438
I did enjoy it as well, and nothing was better in a fight club than an ultra weapon parry finish
>>
>>343794768
my favorite was the Iron Keep
>those knights
>lava
>giant firemonster
altough you needed the DLC for the full expirience
>Sir Alonne taxed me greatly
>Ramie made me shit bricks
if the guy butchered me at least a hundred times
>>
>>343793430
>a point is only valid if i say so
>you're just a contrarian if you don't like my favorite game

keep it coming
>>
>>343795621
>Iron Keep

Not him, but Iron Keep was only good post-Scholar.

Replacing the random knight trios with NPC invasions was genius.
>>
>>343795034
Okay, in what area is there not a guy-with-sword/spear/club as the major enemy of the area?
>>
>>343795034
Yeah i'm just imagining things.
>>
File: sir Alonne.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sir Alonne.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>343795621
Sir Alonne was a great fight, with really great music to go along with it.
>>
>>343795949
just to clarify, I only played Sholar
>>
>>343796059
>Bat wing demons and gargoyles are now sword-wielding enemies.

Get bent.

>>343795963
Painted World, Darkroot basin, The depths

Thanks to your friend who posted a list of enemies in all the areas and completely destroyed both of your arguments at the same time by not being able to read.
>>
>>343795924
Implying it's my favorite

>Wah my shitty points with no backup or basis isn't enough better put the burden on him

Keep going, I'll make a new documentary on autists using the web
>>
>>343796282
>Focuses as the demons and gargoyles instead of him marking a fucking Serpent Mage
>>
>>343796282
>The majority of DaS and DaS3 enemies is also guy-with-sword. Sometimes it's guy with spears or club.
You can't fucking read. There's a reason my previous post mainly used "weapon" and not "sword".
>>
>>343796362
>i'll attempt to dismiss his post the same way he dismissed mine
>that'll show him!
>>
File: image.jpg (601 KB, 800x1249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
601 KB, 800x1249
>>343796089
Sir alonne was bland weaboo bait with unmemorable music that people only remember because if the prtty sky box and the clean walmart floor, while forgetting the terrible area leading up to him.
>>
>>343794059
You can like bosses for things other than the challenge. I like deacons of the deep because the atmosphere is so good, the music is so good, the design looks good, even if it was easier than pinwheel's congregation.
>>
>>343794059
Not him but I mostly liked it because it was one of he few disturbing and somewhat scary things I ever encountered in the souls series. But I do wish it weren't so easy.
>>
>>343794059
>muh hard meme
>>
File: knife is not a sword.png (656 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
knife is not a sword.png
656 KB, 500x630
>>343796450
?
>>
>>343796450
Good eye!

>>343796457
>You can't fucking read.
Neither can you because here's an entire fucking list of enemies that proves that entire conjecture horse-shit. >>343796059

Wow look at all those 'guys with weapons'. Maybe what, 30% of the game? Maybe less?

Also

> There's a reason my previous post mainly used "weapon" and not "sword".
That fucking backdown.
I guess the Serpent mage counts as 'guy with weapon' now. Maybe even the gargoyles.
>>
>>343796607
Hey, it's also why I really like the gwyn fight as well. Great atmosphere and great music
>>
>>343796059
That's not fair. Are going for enemy variety or quantity? Because if the former, then Lautrec's Guards, The Forest Guardians, Darkmoon Soldiers are the same category.
>>
>>343796757
>Guy with knives that also casts magic
>Just a guy with swords
>>
>>343796757
Those aren't knives, those are greatsword-class weapons
>>
File: 1320475646534.jpg (39 KB, 266x478) Image search: [Google]
1320475646534.jpg
39 KB, 266x478
>>343796757
holy shit the delusion is fucking glorious.

>having a weapon in your hand makes you a sword-wielding enemy

I guess that's why the demons and the gargoyles are 'using weapons'. Holding something in your hand is totally the same as half of the game being made of various knights of different sizes.

Idiot.
>>
>>343780739
The fact you can buff infused weapons gives you a reason to actually use them.
>>
>>343780739
This game went to a bathroom and shat Bloodborne.
>>
>>343796960
And the buff adds a multiplier to the existing elemental damage, turning weak shit split damage into something respectable.
>>
>>343796059
>Giant skeletons are now 'guys with swords and clubs'.

I like DS2 but come on, this is just newfag delusion right here.

Did you even play the game? Or did you just mark down the list things you remember seeing from the PDP let's play you watched?
>>
its a bad version of skyrim
>>
>>343792038
>It plays like dog shit. It's the least fluid feeling out of all of the games. Feels like you're moving though molasses with every action.
Subjective

>Adaptability is a shit mechanic that makes gameplay less consistent if you don't invest in a stat.
I'll give you this, but it's still subjective.

>The lore is far and away the least we'll thought out in the entire series.
Subjective

>Level design is pretty bad, got a bit better in the DLCs but was still uneven(ice one was mostly all bad).
Subjective

>Bosses lacked variety and were far simpler compared to the other games.
Agreeable and objective, good job!

>And much Soul Memory.
Agreeable and objective yet again.

Wow, look at all of those opinions, only 1/3 of your arguments were even grounded in something measurable and not just personal taste.
Sad!
>>
>>343796941
>>343797224
>it doesn't count if it's not a straight up human
>it doesn't matter if it repeats the same moveset for every enemy every time, it's not a sword it's a spear!
>>
>>343797295
Bah leave him, he is either retarded, or just baiting.
Spouting overly simplistic opinions is the most mainstream way of shitposting
>>
>>343782226
>>best DLC content From has made

Are you saying that because the base game was so lackluster? I didnt play AotA.
>>
>>343783328
DaS3 is fucking sequel son. A true SEQUEL. So of course it would have characters, items, references of the previous to let us see the progression of events after the first game has ended. Compared to it, DaS2 is a forgetable side story trash that fail to deliver on every aspect that it tries to accomplish. Like seriously, of all the shit that you DaS2 contrarians like to bring up this is the one that I see the most and it just makes no sense.
>>
>>343793364
Parrying was nowhere near as viable in DaS2 as in 1 in PvE. If you fuck up a parry in DaS2 you take counter damage, have no partial parry damage reduction, drain a good chunk of durability from your shield.
You don't have instant parry frames like everything in DaS1 did, and your parry timing has to be actually learned based on what you're parrying with.
>>
>>343797805
no

3 isn't a good sequel since it's basically 1 but more linear and shitter

2 is a good sequel since it tries to be different and do new things and build upon certain concepts from 1
>>
>>343780739
I liked that you could still be invaded after killing the boss.
>>
>>343797575
Honestly we should just ignore people like him who come to shit up DS2 threads.
>>
>DS3 no longer plays sound when alt-tabbed
>you can't swap out while waiting to get summoned for fear of missing it and getting the host killed on your watch by being "afk"
>>
>>343797805
DS3 isn't a sequel in the traditional sense.
DS1,2, and 3 are a cycle of events.
>If the Unkindled One links the First Flame, DS3 cycle continues
>If they have the Firekeeper put out the flame, then DS1 happens
>If they become the Hollow Lord, DS2 happens
Etc.
Each game is only a single iteration of the events, all names and events change each cycle, but generally nothing changes from that.
>>
>>343795568
>mfw i parry with a greathammer
>>
>>343797952
It tried to be different but failed in every aspects due to horrible implementation. It's basically wasted potential: the game.
>>343798130
Nice fanfiction, did you get it off Vaati's newest video?
>>
I think all the Souls games are great, but my favorite alternates between 1 and 2.

LEGITIMATE OPINION INCOMING

It's my favorite in terms of pacing of combat. It's slower in general, and much more focused on staying in front of the enemy and teasing out attacks towards you that you can punish. The others, especially 3, pretty much force circle strafing which I think is really boring.

I think it was the most satisfying mechanically. It's a shame about Soul Memory, linear as fuck level design, and the huge number of humanoid bosses. There wasn't much tracking at all compared to the others, as far as the player themselves, so you really had to know what you were doing. Rat covenant was cool.

If I could have Dark Souls 2's mechanics in Dark Souls 1 I'd be satisfied.
>>
>>343798130
What the hell is this deviantart fanfiction crap?
>>
File: greatgame.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
greatgame.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>343793646
>Stopped reading there.
>continues reading
??? lmao
>>
File: 13125141414613.jpg (10 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
13125141414613.jpg
10 KB, 283x178
>>343793073
I miss the old SLB effect so much!
>>
>>343798880
Is this on lowest graphic settings or something? My game doesnt look nearly this bad.
>>
>>343798597
>Vaati
>Watching that retard
>>
>>343799031
I think it has the gamma massively cranked up.
>>
>>343794651
That's the point. It's simultaneously comfy and depressing.
>>
>>343799031

Notoriously bad looking view. Probably worst in the game. I always take a screenshot here because it makes me laugh. There are plenty of pretty views in DS2.
>>
>>343799245
I am not only talking about the enviroment, the armour looks like shit as well which isnt the case for my game.
>>
>>343799424
>png
also that sword.
Prince of Persia 1 had nicer weapons
>>
>>343799031
are you playing vanilla or Scholar?
you little faggot, it looks the same on both
>>
>>343799031
it's looking into an out of bounds area, you can do the same thing in DS3
>>
>>343780739
2nd best soulsborne game imho
>>
File: 2015-04-25_00001.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-25_00001.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
tip top tier fashion
>>
after replaying dark souls 3
It still feels like shit and s2 pisses all over it
unfortunatly, I played ds2 to near death and coop is getting smaller + pvp is irrelevant to my tastes so I am more or less forced to play ds3 again.
>>
>>343782226
>stellar optimization
It really is. Shame the third one didn't have the same one, I can't stand those drops to 10fps on my poor machine.
>>
>>343800356
Thanks for dsg flashbacks I remember seeing you a year or so ago. I stopped going when dx11 softs split the general
>>
>>343790045
>claims what I'm saying is lies
>does nothing to elaborate

I'm going to disregard your opinion.
>>
>>343791021
Also oolacile, burg, catacombs, depths and grand archives exists so let's not forget das1 as well.
>>
>>343798880
vanilla, xbox 360 version while looking out of bound in the more uglier area (fallen giant area)
Good pick
>>
It had a lot of content
>>
>>343796564
>I'll keep being retarded! That mean I win!
>>
>>343780739
No but here are some of my major gripes

>Shit world design
>That green sewer level was awesome but way too short.
>Same with the sewer levels in general.
>Can't level up at Bonfires
>Horrible lighting
>Horrible sound quality/effects, I remember when I played for the first time I was thinking "What the fuck? Are my speakers fucked?" but the shit just sounded that bad.
>Weapons with the same movesets as other weapons
>No continuation on Dark Souls setting/lore
>Shitty plot and lore instead
>No Red Eye Orb
Most importantly
>Black Leather pants didn't make your ass look nice
>>
>>343800936
Just shut the fuck up, he doesn't like your game and he doesn't care what your opinions are he will disregard everything and anything you say stop trying to convince someone to like it. It's very fucking obvious he's justing arguing for argument's sake. If people want to dismiss the game because it's not a 1:1 copy of das1 then let them to their shit taste. Him not enjoying it doesn't effect you. Stop fucking replying.
>>
>>343780739
- Equipment degradation actually matters
- Torch mechanical is better
- character models look a lot better than 1 or 3
- Majula is a good hub
- first encounter with Pursuer is great
- storyline is a little less hidden behind item descriptions
- encountering ghosts in Shaded Woods for first time is a fun surprise, always has you unreasonably on edge when seeing a "ghost" in other areas
- Nashandra is a cool design, even if the fight itself is not hard at all
- DLC is the best in the series. Sunken City has Zelda-like mechanics with the buttons, and Raime is a great boss fight. Fighting Burnt Ivory King with his other former Knights is one of the most thrilling Souls experiences too

I couldn't pick just one. Shut up and stop pretending this game is bad.
>>
>>343794651
I think that's what they wanted to convey with the music -- I mean, just look its residents.
>>
You run pretty well
>>
>>343795110
Yeah, Alonne Knight armor is beast. I love the whole mass-produced feel to it. The Iron King was a crazy motherfucker.
>>
File: 1458504919513.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458504919513.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>343800689
looks exactly the same on sotfs. glad to see they fixed it in the "remake". you can find the garbage nintendo 64 texture copypaste everywhere in that garbage game. (ie ceiling of earthen peak)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqMqzt0Af8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_n8m3j4l-M
>>
File: LGXl2.jpg (55 KB, 650x375) Image search: [Google]
LGXl2.jpg
55 KB, 650x375
Its hair looks small
>>
Anyone else feel like Dark Souls II should've took place after Dark Souls III? It would also explain the lack of DS2 cocksucking, no mention of the bearer of the curse shaking things up by breaking free from the curse of hollowing, Aldia and whatnot.
>>
File: 1460244423294.jpg (809 KB, 1200x888) Image search: [Google]
1460244423294.jpg
809 KB, 1200x888
>>343780739
It had a great steelbook
>>
>>343802039
It does.
>>
i did not like DS2. Granted I only played it for about an hour or two at a friends house. Should I shell out the $20 for the ps4 version and give it another go?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s
>>
>>343802212
Yes, you definitely should. I originally played on the 360, thought it was meh, got it for PS4 a few years later and I'm having a blast.

Many of the issues with the game have been fixed, not to mention that it runs at 60fps on the PS4.
>>
>>343780739
The lock-on wasn't a retarded flip-flopper like in DaS.
>>
File: hyaahyahya.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hyaahyahya.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
>>343802401
>>
File: 3494154113.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3494154113.jpg
633 KB, 1920x1080
I finally finished my Edgelord armor composition. What weapon should I add to complement the looks?
>>
>>343802645
i played bloodborne before trying DS2 out, and thought it was a drop in quality which is why I didn't play past 1-2 hours. I'm currently playing through DS1 and having a blast.

So, I guess I'll get 2. Porbably gonna get to it in like 4months. Totally sucked into bloodborne and DS1 at the moment
>>
>>343803150
Alonne's Katana.
>>
>>343803150
Any Reaper.
>>
>>343803256
This for "Dark Edge"
>>343803265
This for "Deadly Edge"
>>
>>343780739
>Powerstance
>More spells
>More miracles
>Renamed dark magic into hexes, and made more of them
>Bitchin ass armor
>More upgrade paths.
>Made the raw upgrade path not suck
>Eight directional rolling
>Can move while using healing items
>More rings
>More rings slots to compensate
>Changed how backstabs work, which has changed how backstabs work in future games
>Frontal critical attacks, another thing that is now put into future games
>Allowing you to fast climb up ladders
>Spell parries
>>
>>343803150
Is that a fucking Predator?
>>
File: Too much DaS2.jpg (14 KB, 257x120) Image search: [Google]
Too much DaS2.jpg
14 KB, 257x120
>>343794071
>You were saying?
You were saying?
>>
>>343801251
even if your (you) is indirect it is by far the best

pleasure doing business with you, ds2 apologists
>>
>>343803256
I was afraid it might be too fragile but definitely considered it.

>>343803265
Thought about it but don't know which to commit to

>>343803519
Now there is an idea, maybe I should try double claws/spear and do the predator
>>
File: 20160704223938_1.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160704223938_1.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>343798880
>>
>>343802212
If your issues were along the lines of enemy placement and other stuff, I'd probably pick it up.

If your issue was with the controls/movement and how off they were from DaS, don't bother. it never changed.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.