[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been 4 years since PSO2 was supposed to release in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: PSO2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PSO2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
It's been 4 years since PSO2 was supposed to release in the west on this very day. Why aren't you in the JP servers yet?
>>
File: karen-1.jpg (642 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
karen-1.jpg
642 KB, 1500x1200
>>343775432
Because fuck Sega, they don't give a fuck about us dirty gaijin.

Also Karen is my waifu
>>
I played the game a few years ago. Not much to do on a Japanese server after completing the main content since I don't want to buy stuff and don't have people to play with.
>>
>>343775432
I can't care enough. It looks fun but I'm not gonna bother with it, unless maybe it gets worldwide release. Also, FF14 has me by the balls right now and I'm loving it.
>>
>>343776469
Episode 4 is out now.
>>
>>343776896

>Also, FF14 has me by the balls right now and I'm loving it.
So what are you gonna play next month when you run out of content?
>>
>>343775432
Already played, already beat the main game, don't really have a desire to spend money on it. Out of all the PSO's this is 2nd worst only to zero.
>>
Because I don't speak the language
>>
>>343775432
But I am. Game's pretty fun.
>>
>>343778740
There are english patches and a ship full of english speaking people (Ship 02)
>>
>>343778996
Is there a patch for items and junk yet?
>>
>>343779264
Some items. Not all.
>>
>>343779570
Link?
>>
>>343775432
need to pay some premium shit to play the dress up game and buy/sell the best stuff so I quit
really gutter trash garbage trading system tbqh
>>
I just want to play Nova. One of the problems I had with PSP2 was that I had to claw and the fucking multiplayer was full of a bunch of faggot who just sat around chatting and not doing missions. Oh and hackers.
>>
>>343775432
too much effort to just suffer with all japanese UI and dialogue
>>
>>343779821
Spoiler alert, those issues aren't fixed in Nova.
>>
>>343779661
Google the PSO2 Tweaker.

Don't install the Large Files patch. It barely translates anything and causes you to have to redownload half the game every single 10 meg update. The main patch, story patch and item translation plugin are all safe, but always refuse the Large Files patch.
>>
>>343779839
So play it with an English UI and translated dialogue, ya dope.
>>
>>343779686
As someone who still plays the game you're not wrong. It's pretty scummy the way it's designed.
>>
File: KAPPA7.jpg (46 KB, 495x708) Image search: [Google]
KAPPA7.jpg
46 KB, 495x708
>>343780118
Well shit at least I got God Eater to play.
>>
>>343780224
Oh god. Nevermind.
>>
http://arks-layer.com/index.php
>>
Do i need a vpn?
>>
>>343780638
It's better/easier than he makes it sound
>>
File: semen demon.jpg (29 KB, 350x409) Image search: [Google]
semen demon.jpg
29 KB, 350x409
Hopefully because they don't want to shit up the servers any more than they already are.

>PUG of random japs
>some aren't even level 75 yet
>no ranger
>two subclass rangers alternate with WB duty
>Nox users pull their weight decently
>random buff every now and then even though there is no techer

>random western MPA
>no techer
>no ranger
>4 fucking gunners, 2 bow bravers
>only one of them with a ranger subclass
>refuses to switch to rifle and spams Elder Rebellion with his Invade TMGs
>three or four people die any time PD sneezes or farts
>like one person cares about the nodes you need to break to stun PD
>Persona naturally wipes everyone
>can't even check the DPS data because Sega bans for it now, I'm probably at least 20% as always
>crystal broken as soon as you are done loading

English patch was a mistake.
>>
>>343780745
>>343780745
No, I'm familiar with the PSO2 tweaker and the work that has been done. It's not hard to get, it's just far from finished, the community working on it are pretty shit folks (well I guess the one guy is cool), and the half engrish half moon rune items aren't fun to look up every time something possibly interesting drops.
>>
>>343780731
No. Unless you live in Southeast Asia.
>>
I just try to keep faith. When they want me to play the next PSO they'll release it in English as they have done in the past.
>>
>sea published by asiasoft, one of the shitty publisher
I rather have sega handle it too
>>
Episode 4 is the single most retarded thing in the entire phantasy star series.
>>
>>343781521
I assumed that another PSO won't be released in the west at all for the forseeable future, considering we never got Portable 2 Infinity or PS Nova.
>>
Did the PS4 get a physical release?
>>
File: gC6IfXV.jpg (134 KB, 686x350) Image search: [Google]
gC6IfXV.jpg
134 KB, 686x350
>>343781720
No, it is the second most retarded thing. Have you already forgotten about this?
>>
>>343782142
Wish I could go to a school where PSO2 was popular
>>
>>343782698
>PSO2 is so huge, student council even researches it
>nobody ever heard of PSO
>>
>>343781826
Yes
>>
>>343775432
But I am. I like to go back every now and then and play Challenge quest with a small party. It's pretty entertaining.
>>
>>343787884
Challenge quests are the best. Low level stuff is the most fun. No high level gear for the minmaxers to use as a crutch, you just gotta not suck at the actual game.
>>
File: 1373688228479.gif (82 KB, 239x295) Image search: [Google]
1373688228479.gif
82 KB, 239x295
>>343789282
Yeah it's why I love it.

>CQ1
>Most PAs have a really good use and it encourages weapon switching
>Raging Waltz to get to the giant lilipans
>Unsheathe katana and whip out the Gekkas or Wand Lovers, whatever RNG felt like that time
>Strike Gust flipping and stunning everything
>Use one point to kill the darker airship easily
>Run out of time on Falz Arms

CQ3 when?
>>
>>343775432

Because I'm over it now. Even if they released it tomorrow I couldn't muster enough fucks to even download it.
>>
Meh, I might try it. God a few questions.

How good is it compared to the old PSO games?

How much of a hassle is it to sign up?

How's the ping from EU and how much does it influence things?

How good is the translation?
>>
>>343790363

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>343790363
>>How good is it compared to the old PSO games

Combat is FAR better.
Map design is way worse Most maps are randomly generated, making it hard to really care about them. This is fixed in Time-Attack maps, which feel more like the original PSO.

Mags are worse than PSO, as you're tied down to having only one, unless you buy more.
You also cannot switch them between characters.
Mag stat boosts are also 1:1.

Photon blasts are entirely fucking useless in this game, since you do way more damage without it.

Enemy design isn't very memorable, but it's in line with how Phantasy Star has been as of recent.

Going through the story (Episodes 1-3) requires you to spend time grinding through stages for random trash items, just so you can unlock the next story mission.
This does give you some decent fodder for affixing though, so it's not completely bad.

Grinding is worse, since it's become an RNGfest, you'll find yourself grinding excubes just to have a good CHANCE of getting your item to +10.

The weapon collection sheet is neat.

Episode 4 is a mess, but the maps are cool.

Gal Gryphon returns as a boss.
---

It's easy to sign up for, you just need basic moonrunes to get past the captcha (It's only Hiragana, you can seriously learn that in about a day, and memorize it in three.)
Learning Hiragana and Katakana will help you read items names that aren't sometimes aren't translated.

Can't tell you about the ping.

The translation is great, and it's usually up to date.
>>
>>343790363
Might have an easier time going to /pso2g/.

>How good is it compared to the old PSO games?
It seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing. Personally I love how much faster and more involved the combat is over PSO and PSU.

>How much of a hassle is it to sign up?
The major hurdle is the japanese captcha.

>How's the ping from EU and how much does it influence things?
Couldn't tell you, really. I don't know anyone connecting from EU.

>How good is the translation?
Most of the important system stuff is translated, all the important items, like consumables are translated via a separate plugin. Anything else you might have a problem with, you should be able to ask about it over on the general.
>>
>>343791812
Aren't most maps in PSO just square rooms separated by the same copy-pasted corridors? Episode 1 is an absolute mess when it comes to location design.

And weapon grinding information is outdated, we newtype now.
>>
>>343791812
>Going through the story (Episodes 1-3) requires you to spend time grinding through stages for random trash items, just so you can unlock the next story mission.
>This does give you some decent fodder for affixing though, so it's not completely bad.

This apparently was made much easier, as you're guaranteed to get any required items or cutscene tablets for Matter Board progression in one run, from what I've seen.

Episode 4's Story Board throws that entirely out and just gives you a flowchart menu of cutscenes to watch with the occasional request to run a mission.
>>
>>343775432
but I am you fool

what's a good voice ticket for male CAST? I want to be the CASTiest.
>>
I am.

And the game is already ruined. I don't know how the fuck Sega could take a game as simple as endlessly dungeon crawling for 1/500000 drop loot and make it into waiting around for timed quests to farm upgrade items, but they did it
>>
>>343775432
Already lost interest in this shit and playing another superior MMO like Tree of Savior
>>
>>343775432
I wish more mmos would let me play as a robot.
>>
>>343793716
So the whales are stuck playing at Sega's pace.
>>
>>343796492
But there's the SG shop that sells EQ triggers now. So the Whales have even more bullshit to waste their money on.

Star Gems on the whole were a mistake.
>>
File: 1465957189956.jpg (57 KB, 289x288) Image search: [Google]
1465957189956.jpg
57 KB, 289x288
>>343794208
>superior MMO like Tree of Savior
/v/ is always good for cheap laughs
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.