[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: ESO.png (880 KB, 945x510) Image search: [Google]
ESO.png
880 KB, 945x510
THIS IS IMPORTANT

Anyone play(ed) this? Currently $20 on Steam for the next hour, and there is no longer a sub fee. Now, I love MMO's.

Should I pick it up?
>>
No.
>>
They had to pay people to play it
>>
Posted the beta and it was pretty awful. Broken quests and falling through the floor were pretty common. I doubt it's still any better now
>>
If you like the elder scrolls world I think you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>343773884
it is worth it as an mmo, its one of the better mmos out there atm
as an elder scrolls game and an rpg its garbage
>>
Wiriting THIS IS IMPORTANT in your post does not make it important.
>>
File: 1466974200105.jpg (44 KB, 255x244) Image search: [Google]
1466974200105.jpg
44 KB, 255x244
>>343773884
Sure anon, buy the game!
>>
its pretty good if wow didnt kill your love for mmos
>>
>>343773884
It's pretty solid for an mmo nowadays. I mean, it's like 1 of 3 mmo's that is still relevant so it must be doing something right.
>>
>>343773884
Played it numerous times at different points in time and it's always trash. It takes the bad parts of Elder Scrolls and none of the good and mixes it with all the had parts of theme park MMOs and none of the good.

Plus only like 3 builds are viable so everyone's running around as the same shit
>>
It's actually pretty good. Don't listen to people who haven't played since beta.
>>
File: 3322.png (34 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
3322.png
34 KB, 630x630
>>343773884
It's really not that bad, don't let the reviews and the horrible launch fool you, it's still very much alive and has a lot to offer, combat is really fun, the different paths you can choose is awesome, you can be a caster that uses magic and dual wields, you can be a tank with a bow and kite enemies while keeping threat in instances, it's awesome and a lot of fun with friends, has a fuck ton of quests and content

Honestly if the launch wasn't so shit I think it would be one of the top MMOs.
>>
>>343773884
Out of all the MMOs ive played, I had a good amount of fun with this. ESO also has the worst fucking social system ive ever experienced in an MMO.
>>
>>343773884
>Pay for a game
>Pay monthly subscription to play it.

No thank you.
>>
>>343775494
They got rid of that
>>
>>343775494
see the OP post: >>343773884

Where he says:
>and there is no longer a sub fee.

Could you, next time, read the 3 sentences?
>>
File: 1438747920457.png (12 KB, 454x480) Image search: [Google]
1438747920457.png
12 KB, 454x480
>>343773884
I enjoy it

Pros
>Good community
>Satisfying combat
>Lots of different builds
>Every NPC is voice acted
>Good story
>Instances are fun and rewarding
>Massive PVP battles daily
>Don't need a sub

Cons
>Good luck getting a group as DPS
>Forced to get the imperial edition otherwise you're fucked
>Game optimization is shitty and can cause FPS drops
>Things like bags and mount upgrades are annoying to get
>Talents and levels are completely different things

Overall it's pretty good, I'm enjoying it a lot, got a nice big friendly guild I'm in, it's fun stuff, even if you're playing alone it's pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>343773884
It's like $10 on G2A. Buy from there. Gives less money to bethshit and you pay less
>>
>don't play it like a MMO, play it like a typical elder scrolls game!

is the usual response for these threads. the problem is that it still sucks regardless of how you play it - the fundamentals, like movement and combat is shit. inventory system and pretty much every other UI/UX implementation is just fucking terrible.

save your money.
>>
>>343775929
Why are you fucked without imperial edition?
>>
File: eso1.png (349 KB, 671x759) Image search: [Google]
eso1.png
349 KB, 671x759
>>343775989
Im from US. Seller is in Germany selling it for $11. Do I then activate the game on Steam?
>>
>>343776316
No. Those are direct keys. You go to the Elder Scrolls Online website, make an account, and download the game / register your key. You don't need Steam for this.
>>
>>343776316
Gotta activate it on the ESO website.
>>
File: Mr Original - Copy.png (28 KB, 395x393) Image search: [Google]
Mr Original - Copy.png
28 KB, 395x393
>>343776553
>>343776583

>tfw wanna get this game on Steam so it can log all of my hours
>tfw could just get it via G2A for $7 less but no screenshot support on Steam or playtime tracker

why am i so indecisive
>>
dont buy anything ever from steam
buy from G2A. , its like 10 bucks you can buy 90 months for 15 bucks
>>
>>343776101
Mainly the mount, mounts in game are expensive and you won't get one without either someone giving you the gold or unless you save save save, they're not impossible to get, just very expensive as a low level, but with the imperial edition you get a free mount so you don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>343776676
You could make a shortcut on steam for a nonsteam game and still have screenshot support. If you're a gigantic faggot go ahead and buy it on steam. No one is stopping you.
>>
>>343776798
you dont need imperial edition at all for anything
>>
>>343776676
so buy it, if thats your desire, go ahead and do it
its only 7 dollars
>>
>>343777195
>Race with OP racial
>Mount at level 1
>EXP buff for you and friend
>Mountain of potions to start with

I mean I guess you don't NEED it, but it helps a fuck ton, walking until you're able to afford a mount would drive anyone insane, it's like vanilla WoW.
>>
>>343773884
If you really want to play a fucking MMO in two thousand and fucking sixteen, just get FFXIV.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.