[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these games actually bad? Or is it just nostalgic manchild
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Clipboard.gif (3 MB, 3318x1920) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.gif
3 MB, 3318x1920
Are these games actually bad?
Or is it just nostalgic manchild fanboys whining cause it's different like Resident Evil 6?
>>
>>343772197
They're bad.
>>
>>343772197
Homecoming's a lot worse than RE6, if that's any indication. That being said, I really enjoyed Homecoming. I played through it about six or seven times. It's got a neat dodge and counter combat system that's pretty fun once you get used to it. Nothing too novel and a poor game overall but it has its moments. It always has game crashing bugs so be sure to save frequently.

I haven't played Downpour.
>>
>>343774359
Homecoming is a black sheep but I wouldn't call it bad. Just different.

I honestly don't know about Downpour though. I've avoided it personally. Does anyone here think it's worth me trying?
>>
>Let's just stick Pyramid Head in!
>>
>>343775895
I'm still really fucking disappointed that you don't fight Pyramid Head in Homecoming. I mean, it's bad enough that he's just blatant fanservice in this game with no real purpose, but then you don't even fight him? What the fuck?

The game also ends way too suddenly. There should've been another immediate level after the final boss. Even if there isn't another boss afterwards. How are you going to have this creepy, underground base, tease the player by having it turn to the otherworld at the last minute, and then not play in the otherworld version? Fuck off with that fucking shit.
>>
>>343772197
you forgot to put origins in it. shattered memories is the only decent one but still has shitty things going better than those shits
>>
>>343774359
so Homecoming is silent hill's resident evil 4?
>>
>>343776623
0rigins kind of sucked but the map design and atmosphere was fucking spot on. While most of the games focused on one theme or another, 0rigins gave each individual level a unique look. Transporting between the normal and otherworld was really cool too, although it ruined the feeling you from being thrust in against your will.

The story was balls and the combat was stupid but it certainly had some of the best buildings to explore. SH2 still has the best neighborhood though.

>>343776724
No, RE4 was actually good. Homecoming is still a mess. It's a fun mess once you get good at it but it's still a mess and, maybe, an average game at best.
>>
Homecoming is good, downpour is garbage
>>
They are are both hot garbage, regardless of whether or not you compare them to the main series.

Homecoming is less awful at probably a 5/10, if that means anything.
>>
They aren't as popular but they're not objectively bad like the HD collection. Form your own opinons if you don't trust fanboys.
>>
>>343772197
Have you played them?

Do you play games at all?

Also, people have more problems with the games' STORIES more than the gameplay.
>>
>>343772197
Homecoming is garbage, no matter how you look at it, easily the worst Silent Hill out there
We don't talk about pachinko

While downpour ran like ass at launch, after the patch I played it a couple months ago and it's actually pretty solid despite the 30fps, give it a go if you have nothing else to play/do.
>>
Homecoming is pretty bad because it seems to try and pander to the movie audience. I dunno what peoples issue with Downpour is. It has a few flaws but overall I enjoyed it. Silent Hill fans are about as crazy as Sonic fans though so I tend to avoid them like the plague.
>>
Downpour is awful, the worst offender being the abysmal enemy design. Otherwise you have a lazy, contrived story, terrible gameplay that's somehow even worse than the original trilogy, a soundtrack that would be good if it was literally anywhere else but a Silent Hill game and an empty open world.

At least Homecoming tried to be scary and the Otherworld transitions looked breddy gud, Downpour just feels dull and boring, except for the Heart sidequest.

If you want to play one or the other, I'd recommend Homecoming.
>>
Downpour is alright, Homecoming is garbage
>>
>>343779012
You are correct
>>343779153
you are a fag
>>
>>343779186
Relax you angry leprechaun.
>>
>>343779357
Why would you call me a leprechaun?
>>
File: stop.jpg (43 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
43 KB, 400x350
>>343779186
>>
I liked Homecoming desu, the bosses were really good and the gameplay was an improvement over the old games.

The plot was hit or miss, I like the part were the main character was just a crazy motherfucker.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.