[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Skyrim is not without its flaws. As an RPG it’s fairly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1243Riverwood01.jpg (262 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1243Riverwood01.jpg
262 KB, 1280x720
>Skyrim is not without its flaws. As an RPG it’s fairly shallow, many of the quests are stiflingly linear, and the stealth is terrible – but the feeling of freedom it gives you is irresistible.

>The sheer scale of the thing, and the variety of quests, is enough of a distraction. And the world is so beautiful, sometimes I play just to go for a wander.

>Nothing beats the first time you leave that dingy cavern behind and see the world spread out before you, but even if you know the game inside out after hundreds of hours of play, there’s still something intoxicating about those first steps.

Thoughts?
>>
>>343767728

It's half a decade old, who gives a flying fuck.
>>
I thought entering the world in morrowin and even oblivion was much much better when they came out. All I saw were shitty mountsins, forests that don't look anything like actual forests and a shitty town with a chicken that made everyone pissed off. The only good thing in the entire game was that underground blue area.
>>
>>343767728
One of the finest games ever made.
>>
>>343767728
Agreed. Good game. I should probably finish it.
>>
>>343767839
You do, since it reminds you of a time when you were happy.
>>
>>343767728
Why aren't you pushing the remastered version today Todd?
>>
Read: I've fallen for the open world meme
>>
>>343767728
i wish shills wouldn't make themselves so obvious. and it also annoys me that there are ways to make money by sitting on your fat ass eating hot pockets.
>>
Skyrim is literally the best game of all time
>>
>>343769349
We truly live in an RPG Golden Age and Skyrim is the crown jewel.

What a time to be alive.
>>
inb4 people buy the remaster because muh nostalgia and realize there's not much to this game
>>
>>343771005
Fuck off back to /r/pcgaming, champ.
>>
File: couldbebait.jpg (88 KB, 945x717) Image search: [Google]
couldbebait.jpg
88 KB, 945x717
>>343767728
>the variety of quests
pic related

>there’s still something intoxicating about those first steps

They put more effort to the first two hours of the gameplay because that is how far reviewers generally get.
>>
>>343771695
But the game is fun for the first 100 hours
I have 250 hours on one character and 40 on another one
>>
File: 1357349702648.png (184 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1357349702648.png
184 KB, 600x600
Won't lie; i'll buy the ps4 remaster
>>
Is there any word on how mods are going to work on the remastered version?
>>
>>343767728
I hated skyrim from the second I started and regretted torrenting it. But also, to be fair, I hate all bethesda RPG's. I find them poorly written, plagued by bad graphics and a horrid art style.

I can live without that feeling again.
>>
>>343767728

How can Skyrim even compete?
>>
>>343767728
>The sheer scale of the thing
Its a chore to explore

>the variety of quests, is enough of a distraction.
Linear dungeon, draugrs, (material) claw, boss draugr, loot, loop around to entrance

>And the world is so beautiful, sometimes I play just to go for a wander.
the game is bland af after a while
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.