[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#masterpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
#masterpiece
>>
>nostalgia
>>
File: Super Metroid.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1536) Image search: [Google]
Super Metroid.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1536
>>
I didn't know you had to post here too, Kyle.
>>
>>343762770
i like zelda 2, if i had played it back when it was new i would have loved it, but i didn't play it until i got it for buying a launch 3DS
>>
File: 1457218742556.jpg (178 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
1457218742556.jpg
178 KB, 1012x1500
>>343763330
>AM2R is nearly finished
>>
Finding the secrets without the internet was quite a feeling.
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (45 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
45 KB, 256x255
>>
>>343763457
In FF7 I only found Lucretia's cave on an accident. On my second or third playthrough.

Also a friend of mine told me about Missingno. in Pokemon Red but by that time I'd already used all Rare Candies and Masterballs
>>
>>343762770
Just how fucking salty can a man be
why not simply play the damn game and be done with it
>>
It's great, although the exploration outside of dungeons kinda sucks because in most of the time you can't even go anywhere besides the only one available dungeon.
>>
>>343764085
I kind of liked the exploration in the Oracle games since you could still access a lot of areas but the whole game was like one big puzzle dungeon because of how you can change the world around you.
>>
>>343763629
Hell ya. Going through the waterfall on accident, Throwing your gear into the fountain not knowing if you'll get it back or not. Get the god tier set
>>
alttp really isnt that great, thanks to Kyle Ive realized that
So many useless items, no sidequests, almost no story.
I wish nintendo had made a real sequel to zelda 2 instead
>>
a poor man's Ocarina of Time
>>
>>343765287
The game is absolutely great and a grand adventure that's still sufficiently gamey and encourages exploration and rewards.
But I can still easily respect his opinion. There are lots of things that are really silly about the game.
>>
>>343765287
>So many useless items
Most items have uses outside of puzzle solving. You get far more out of every item in ALttP than you do in games like TP or SS where they act more like keys than weapons.

There's a few extraneous ones you'll rarely touch, like those big magic medallions, but those are usually optional rewards for good exploration and fun to dick around with. The only complete waste of space was the Book of Mudora, they should have kept the shovel in your inventory instead.

>no sidequests
There's no dedicated trading quest or anything like that but between the assortment of upgrades and heart pieces to find in the world there's still a lot of stuff to do in it and plenty of things that encourage exploration. The freedom to do dungeons in any order and shortness of the game give it a lot of replay value too that most games in the series don't really have.

This is definitely an area that Link's Awakening and the two N64 games really improved in though, there's no doubt about that.

>almost no story
Who gives a shit? Especially in a 1991 game?
Zelda games have almost universally bad storylines. LA, MM and WW are the sole exceptions, and even then I'd say they're better at atmosphere and NPC writing than plot.

ALttP gives you just enough context to get you into the adventure, then lets you get right into the game. That's one of its strengths.
>>
>>343767403
The rod that circles you, the invisibility cape, the ice rod, the bag of powder; all items you never use or use once at most, medallions were lame too I only ever use the fire one to kill the penguins in the ice palace
Looking back it was just the least enjoyable adventure/JRPG of the ones I played on my SNES, is even below evermore for me
Its a good game, I just dont feel any urge to ever replay it, its like it has no personality, I dont know how to explain myself better.
So its a game that deserves to be liked, but bosman made me look back at it again and redefine my opinion more
>>
ITT: omg im such a gam3r geek xddd
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.