[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodstained:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: latest[1].png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Played the demo, and you know, I actually kind of liked it. It felt like one of the DS games, in 3D, with the speed and animation of Symphony of the Night. I would say that it shows promise, and hopefully improved as time goes on.

I do feel it needs to be a bit faster. And the enemies need to be more threatening. They don't do much damage, and they don't really attack much. Dullhammer felt like the only one who actively tried to kill you. I played through it with no weapon and had no difficulties. The music was nice, but I felt it was a bit too upbeat for a ravaged ghost ship travelling the sea. The color is a bit of a mess. Miriam is a brighter anime style character, the backgrounds are dull, and the boss is a mess of colors.

Her hairpiece and leggings can be changed in-game. Changing the armor piece doesn't change her model though. Not sure if that will be changed end game or not. I really would like that because I felt that Miriam is a bit over designed and I'd prefer to dress her differently.
>>
>>343762330
>I do feel it needs to be a bit faster.
Faster how? Just generally faster than the previous games?
And have you taken the inevitable upgrades and special moves that all the previous Metroidvania games had?

>>343762330
>I really would like that because I felt that Miriam is a bit over designed and I'd prefer to dress her differently.
The game is already confirmed to have multiple costumes, and we've concept art of several of them already.
>>
>>343762330
I feel like combat animations need to be a tad faster and should have more of a punch. Combat right now feels like you're slowly cutting through butter, it's not as satisfying as it should be.

I like everything else though, besides the bosses colors and giant saggy boobs.
>>
File: latest[1].png (742 KB, 834x527) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
742 KB, 834x527
>>343762864
>>343762864
>The game is already confirmed to have multiple costumes, and we've concept art of several of them already.

Yes and no. Her torso looks like palette swaps in this. Her head can be changed. So it's not confirmed that we can change torsos yet. I wish we could, but I doubt the final game would have it.
>>
>>343762330
I enjoyed the demo too but:

Its the same speed as the DS titles, feels slower due to 3D and the resolution and screen size. Plus as with older Castlevania's there'll most definitely be equipment/abilities that'll speed you up.

>And the enemies need to be more threatening.
E3 demo. Made easy as shit so everyone can get through it, though like you I hope the actual game is harder.

>The music was nice, but I felt it was a bit too upbeat for a ravaged ghost ship travelling the sea.
A few tracks in the older Castlevania's had similar discrepancies, not defending it though.

>The color is a bit of a mess. Miriam is a brighter anime style character, the backgrounds are dull,
It's a broken ghost ship, maybe the final release will add more colour to the ship but it should be dreary looking. Castle is most likely going to be more colourful as the theme is stained glass.

>and the boss is a mess of colors.
Hopefully it'll get improved over time.

> I really would like that because I felt that Miriam is a bit over designed and I'd prefer to dress her differently.
Actual costumes are confirmed. So you will be able to change Miriam.
>>
File: 1465416589202.png (851 KB, 639x742) Image search: [Google]
1465416589202.png
851 KB, 639x742
>>343763114
>>
Somehow the 2.5D graphics and sword slash animation made it feel like a slow Strider Reboot without grapple climbing and rapid slashing.
>>
>>343763114
>>343763409
>>343762864

People have dug around into the models. Miriam is a torso with a head and legs that can be swapped out. Maybe that's an E3 thing and it will be different. I would love to give her, say plated armor. We could get a real fashion thing going on.
>>
File: 17514608095_b443ddca4b_b.jpg (164 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
17514608095_b443ddca4b_b.jpg
164 KB, 1024x576
>>343763409
Damn it, I want something that isn't a damn Edwardian miniskirt. Give me some armor, at least something like what Shanoa had.

Game looks good, I'm just really not a fan of Miriam's design.
At this point I'm just hoping Somucard is playable in more than just a superficial NG+ mode with no narrative.
>>
Game played great but they need to fix those damn backgrounds. They're too washed out.
>>
>>343762330
You usually get equipment or spells that makesyou move faster in these games so I'm not worried about that.
>>
Here's some weapons from the demo files
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fh86TzZRhk
>>
>>343766551
Oh shit, is that a gun?
>>
>>343766884
It's a musket
>>
>>343766551
hope they will add some chain attacks
at least 3 in a row would be nice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.