[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My god damn Chickens keep getting sick. I feed them every day.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1465992070786.jpg (80 KB, 853x640) Image search: [Google]
1465992070786.jpg
80 KB, 853x640
My god damn Chickens keep getting sick.

I feed them every day.
I slam them to the ground every day.
I don't leave them out in the rain.

What the FUCK is causing this?

Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Story of Seasons thread I guess.
>>
>>343762086
Stop sticking your dick in their egg hole
>>
>Trio of Towns not getting to Europe ever
Fuckity fuck fuck!
>>
File: 1401710420912.png (280 KB, 452x710) Image search: [Google]
1401710420912.png
280 KB, 452x710
>Decide to emulate Harvest Moon FoMT because i've never played a HM game before
>Find out all love interests have rivals that have their own cutscenes and help them with shit
>I don't want to be a rude dude and NTR them
>Stick to my farm and forced to watch all the romance around me
I never asked for this sadness
>>
>>343763275
We have very different approaches anon.
I picked Ann because Popuri's eyes scare me and I did not help Cliff to the Winery job just so he is too broke and couldn't stay in town and I could take my time with Ann.

Also you could just marry the Harvest Goddess if you truly don't want to NTR anyone.
>>
>>343763701
>Harvest Goddess
Will that give my crops a boost?

Also, what's the optimal way to plant shit?
Every time i do a 3x3 grid, the shit in the middle always goes unharvestable
And is there a way to boost my energy or whatever?
My dude gets tired from watering with a copper watering can
>>
>>343764282
>Every time i do a 3x3 grid, the shit in the middle always goes unharvestable
Oh god you have to upgrade your tools.
Did you play through FoMT all the way through with a normal Watering Can?
After the first week I have a silver one just so I can reach the middle.

For things that regrow all "month" you make an
XXX XXX
-XX XX-
XXX XXX
shape.

The harvest goddess is really hard to get and you don't get any of the wife events except she just drops you off a baby.
Not really worth it to be honest but the only option if you don't want to NTR anyone.
>>
>>343764282
Make sure you become friends with the Harvest sprites as quickly as possible by giving them their favourite thing every day. By memory I think it's flour which you can just buy from the shop, but check it up.

Once you're really good friends with the sprites you can ask them to come work for you and either water your crops, harvest your crops or take care of the animals. The sprites clip through crops, so they can harvest the middle ones you can't reach for you.

You can water your 3x3 crops with an upgraded watering can, but the harvest sprites are the only way to get to the crops in the middle.
>>
>>343764725
I'm currently a couple of days into Summer in year 1, i have all copper stuff except for the axe
Getting all those tools upgraded is expensive
And is there a way to increase the character's energy or something?
>>
>>343765354
Yes, you have to find power berries. They're rare, there are like 10 total in the game and you get them by doing specific tasks. One is come first place in the horse race festival, another is found at a certain level in the mines.

A site called Ushi No Tane is a great resource for all this stuff.
>>
I want to play other Harvest Moon games but every time I do, I think about how much it sucks in comparison to HM64.

If I want to play Rune Factory, should I just start with the first?
>>
>>343765541
Thanks, anon
Maybe i'll do a playthrough where i actually NTR somebody
I just feel like a dick because everybody seems nice, except for Gray but i don't want the library bitch anyway
>>
File: Raven1.png (246 KB, 259x610) Image search: [Google]
Raven1.png
246 KB, 259x610
>>343765693
My personal ranking is 3 > 4 > 1 >>>> 2
The first is still nice and playable, but also really unbalanced. The third one is where the series truly shines: lots of stuff to do, quests everywhere, and the NPCs really feel alive.
>>
>>343765953
I've heard once you play the later ones you really can't go back to earlier just because the mechanics improve so much each time. In that case should I just do 1, 3, 4 and skip 2 entirely? (Why's 2 so bad btw?)
>>
>>343765947
Think of it this way. Are you so beta that you'd let them NTR you or do you take all the bitches for yourself? Also, if I recall correctly, HM FoMT was one of the last few good HM games where you could actually get red hearts with every bachelorette. The newer entries in the series all require you to be committed before you can raise their heart level past green.
>>
>>343765693
Personally I think FoMT is the best Harvest Moon. It's basically an improved BTN, which itself was a good Harvest Moon game.
>>
>>343766127
RF2 had a really weird pacing. The game is broken in two parts: first you play the hero, and then the hero's son. So when you start the game, you have to marry asap to unlock crafting and most of the dungeons. You can meet npcs and do quests meanwhile, but none of that matters in part 2.
>>
>>343765947
The husbands are just meant to be there to pair up whoever is left after you get married so you're not the only married couple in the game.
>>
>>343766379
Aren't they basically the same game? Both sort of fused in my head.
>>
>>343766503
Yeah basically, BTN was for PS1 and FoMT was for GBA. Set in the same in-game world, GBA had the same map as BTN. GBA had a bit more post game content and stuff added in since it came out after.
>>
>>343766379
I would like it but the music is so damn grating. The GBA was really not kind to it. Sure I could play the whole game without sound, but that's kind of lame.
>>
>>343762086
Which game? If it's HM64, I don't know what's happening. Are you letting your chickens out at all? They probably shouldn't be outside even on sunny days. It's not really worth it.
>>
>>343766802
I thought the GBA music was good.

Then I listened to BTN's soundtrack and that was great.
>>
>>343767070
FoMT.

At the beginning I let them out but now I don't.
I got a completely new batch and killed the rest. Because it honestly seemed like they got infected by the other chickens.
>>
>>343763275
It's called survival of the fittest, you need to be the better man to make sure that woman's yours.
Also NTR elf wedding gif where?
>>
>>343767274
There's no use letting them out, unless you want a bunch of busy work wrangling chickens. Giant waste of time. Keep them in the coop.
>>
>>343762086
>Need chicken food
>Farm that sells food is closed
>Next day they won't sell me because it's raining
>Same next day because characters from the farm are fighting over som stupid shit
>Chicken dies
>Guy who sells food goes "You should be more careful next time!"

I'm laughing now but i wan't laughing back then. Oh no, i wasn't.
>>
>>343767436
Well I bought them really early and you don't need to feed them outside.
I didn't have to search for them because you can build a little fence out of wood.
>>
>>343762086

do you fence them? because a dog comes and barks at them at night, it will be sometime before your own dog is big enough to fight them off
>>
>>343763275
How much of a beta do you have to be, to let HM rivals cuck you? Holy shit. Go get the girl, you faggot.
>>
>>343767494
Chickens don't need food outside.
>>
>>343767509
What's this about not needing to feed them? Don't they consume grass? I'm pretty sure they're starving outside, unless you have sufficient grass planted.

You can buy chicken feed for a relatively low cost.
>>
>>343767670
No.
Cows and Sheep consume grass tiles.
Chickens don't need anything outside.
>>
>>343767550
Well this batch I didn't even let outside and made double sure to feed them every day and they still got sick. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
>>
>>343767896
Are you sure? If that's true, then why are your chickens getting sick?
>>
>>343768014
I don't know. They didn't get sick during the spring. They are getting sick now and I don't even let them outside.
>>
>>343768093
Getting sick is a random event sometimes IIRC. You just buy some animal medicine and give it to them to cure them don't you?
>>
>>343767587
It rained the whole week and a stray dog attacked the day before. I was pretty fucked up otherwise, right?
>>
>>343765953
Raven is best ever
>>
File: latest.png (315 KB, 339x665) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
315 KB, 339x665
>>343762086
Karen is such a little slut. I love it
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.