[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus Christ why didn't anybody tell me how bullshit hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: MegaManX3PAL.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
MegaManX3PAL.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
Jesus Christ why didn't anybody tell me how bullshit hard this game is? And what the hell did they do the music in this port?
>>
>>343760136
>implying megaman x3 is hard
Dude i can beat this game in an hour it's easy as hell
>>
>>343761145
Sure kid.
>>
>>343761145
Do it from the beginning you password using faggot.
>>
>>343760136
I bet you got a game over against chill penguin.
>>
>>343760136
There's a playstaion version? Is it better or worse than SNES version?
>>
>>343760136
>Megaman X3
>Hard

It's probably the easiest in the series.
>>
>>343761145
Not with that opening level where you have poorly done 3D map where Ganibubbler and Sasoriotoko can snipe you from a distance and you are stalked by a bunch of Jelleel Ships which are faster than you and can kill you in 4 hits while ammo for non-default weapon is minimal.
>>
>>343762396
>loading times
>>
>>343762871
What?
>>
>>343762871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTI2gWQGZBQ
>>
>>343760136

Arranged themes, anon. It's not often they're used in games instead of sold as soundtracks, but it sometimes happens.

Blast hornet's arranged is infinitely fucking superior to the SNES version. The rest are kinda eh, meh, and "There were other instruments that would've made these songs sound less kenny-g, Mr. Composer." Of all the rest, I guess gravity beetle's is almost OK.

They raped Vile's stage hard though. Shit actually sounds cheerful.
>>
>>343762298
>>343762531
You're joking right? X1 is child's play compared to X3.
>>
>>343763374
X2 was even easier.
>>
>>343763179
The opening stage theme was much worse too.
>>
>>343760136
You seriously can't be this pleb, OP. I beat the fucking SNES game when it came out, I was like 6 yo.
>>
>>343761824
What are you trying to imply?
It IS easy.
>>
>>343763783
X2 was a mistake
>>
>Megaman x is easy
>I still can't beat launch octopus without power ups, upgrades or dash+shot technique
I wish I had /v/'s mad videogame skillz
>>
File: 7c4.jpg (277 KB, 960x651) Image search: [Google]
7c4.jpg
277 KB, 960x651
>>343767637
If you can't do it then just emulate and savescum your way through the games. That's what I did for the Zero series.
>>
>>343767795
I beat the Zero series on the DS collection. I didn't think it was that difficult.
Though if I emulated it I probably would end up savescumming trying to get good ranks and the EX weapons.
>>
File: mmx.jpg (1 MB, 1150x2095) Image search: [Google]
mmx.jpg
1 MB, 1150x2095
Play the SNES version. The music is great. Same lady who did the OST for the original Castlevania.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsucgB8832w
Best song.
>>
>>343767905
Just do it the way /v/ tells you to.
>no grinding
>no cyber elves
>Z-saber only
>FINAL DESTINATION
>>
>>343768124
I always ended up using both the buster and the z-saber together
>charge up
>rush in and shoot, then fuck everything up that's still alive with the z-saber
>>
>>343768067
What about Command Mission?
>>
>>343768067
Most of X3's music is pretty shit, lad. Mostly just the general sound quality of it, but ripping off famous rock bands isn't exactly what you want your soundtrack to be known for either. Besides,
>thinking X3 was better than 2
>thinking X3 was good at all
>>
>>343768424
I think X3's music overall is better than X2's honestly. The only track I really don't like from X3 is Tunnel Rhino.

>but ripping off famous rock bands isn't exactly what you want your soundtrack to be known for either
By that logic, we might as well dismiss the entirety of MM1's OST because Elec Man sounds like Journey.
>>
>>343768424
>thinking X3 was good at all
>X3 music is shit
Give me electric guitar over synth any fucking day. X2 sounds way off compared with X and X3.
>>
Easily one of the worst X game's.
>>
>>343769843
>X: Masterpiece. Great controls, graphics and music. Improved over the jump and shoot formula and introduced speed into the action platformer genre.
>x3: Bigger, harder and better. The sequel we wanted in for X1 in the first place. Unlike X2, the game has double the upgrades, multiple sub bosses, you can use different characters, better graphics, decision in game actually affects the ending.
>X2: Good follow up. Feels like an expansion rather than a new game. Air dash gimmick was well received but the bike was quickly forgotten. Good music but they shy away from guitar.
>X4: Same music for each stage: the game. Slower than the original series. Anime cutscenes added to appeal the Playstation fanboys. Instead of focusing in X, Zero and Dr. Cain versus the world, they added unecessary plot and characters making the game more generic robot utopia. Terrible voice acting, X sounds like a whiny kid and Zero's cool character was shattered with the infamous phrase. Good power ups and bossess overall and it made Sigma relevant again.
>X5: What the fuck was capcom of america thinking: the game. Interesting story expanding on the anime-like style. If you liked X4 you probably like this one i guess. Old school megaman fans already step out of this shit and hope for a good megaman again. This game spawned a good franchise, that counts as a good thing right?
>X6: Who the fuck cares anymore. Stupid bossess, gimmick added to the stages so you have to replay it, not even continue the last game's ending and X gets cucked. People already playing good megaman games like Zero and Battle network so no one cares.
>X7 HA!
>X8 Good overall. Axl still sucks as a character though
>>
>>343766493
X2 was a blessing.
>>
>>343772146
Pretty much this
>>
>>343768124
I did this on my own volition because killing the cyber elves makes me feel bad. And grinding to level up weapons and earn energy takes a shit ton of time.

Although I used the saber and buster
>>
>>343772146
>>343773702

Go back to /vr/ you deluded SNESfags.
>>
>>343772146
>X2 and X3
>good
>X4
>bad
>>>/vr/
>>
>>343762396

Worse like most SNES > PS1 ports.
>>
>>343772146
Nintendo fanboys, not even once.
>>
A good play through of the game that points out it's flaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXS6UXUbCls&ab_channel=BrainScratchCommentaries
>>
Any pointers to a first time player for X4?

I'm struggling a bit with the visuals, I have a hard time telling where I am sometimes, especially with wall jumping like on Storm Owl's boss screen.
Only defeated Frost Walrus so far, got what appears to be a W-tank, doesn't seem that useful considering every section loaded completely refills your health and weapon energy (like in Mega Man 8)
>>
>>343777149
Yeah, W-Tanks are W-orthless.

If you're already in the fourth game then there's nothing I can say that you don't already know.
>>
>>343777383
Actually it's been a long time since I've played the SNES trilogy, but I can probably still take it from here without issue.
>>
X3 isn't hard, just Sigma, and he's some bullshit.
>>
ICELESS
C
E
L
E
S
S
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.