[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does System Shock 2 still hold up today ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: header (1).jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
39 KB, 460x215
Does System Shock 2 still hold up today ?
>>
Yes.
>>
yes
first games is better
>>
File: Sysshock.jpg (42 KB, 361x500) Image search: [Google]
Sysshock.jpg
42 KB, 361x500
Play 2 first so you can come back to 1 and realize how much better it is. They're both great though.
>>
>>343760064
Yes. It's absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>343760064
Graphics obviously aren't the best and the control scheme is iffy at best. Default mapping of the keyboard is literal fucking ass compared to today's standards.
But that's comparing it to today's standards. Gameplay elements, combat and atmosphere are fucking good. Not everyone's cup of tea, but the game is cheap as shit. Definitely worth a try, and >>343760619 is right. SS1 is a lot more DOOM-y with some really convoluted maps.
>>
>>343760064

The first one is better.
>>
>>343760982
>Default mapping of the keyboard is literal fucking ass compared to today's standards

What's the problem when you can just go into options and remap them
>>
Played it just a couple weeks ago and it's already one of my best regarded games. There's a ton of stuff to do and the atmosphere is top notch.
>>
>>343760982
default controls are completely logical and are exactly the same as previous looking glass games
fortunatly for plebs you can remap them to be just a typical shootan game
>>
>>343760619
Why not just play them in order so you understand the references to the first game in SS2 the first time around?
>>
>>343762134
Theres still too many keys. It's look like the UI is the best.
>>
Played it for the first time a few weeks ago. Absolutely, only thing that felt horribly off was _____________Nah_____________________
>>
>>343765232
Also I came across a problem I don't know if you guys have too, but whenever I'm on the map and I press Delete then everything in that area would reset the next time I went there, so I had to redo absolutely every single thing there if I backtracked for whatever reason.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.