[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the greatest game of the last 10 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13
File: skyrim.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
skyrim.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
Is this the greatest game of the last 10 years?
>>
>>343753826
No, Dark Souls is.
>>
>>343753936
Dark Souls became popular because of Skyrim.
>>
It wasn't even the best game of november 2011, so hell no
>>
>>343753826
pretending to be a retarded redditor will attract actual retarded redditors who genuinely think that Skyrim was anything but a piece of shit
>>
>>343754140
I don't remember a single other game that came out in november 2011 and i doubt many other people can off the top of their head either.
>>
>>343753826
Why can't I get into this game? I always get to the grey beards then get bored as fuck. Are there any mods that can make the game any better?
>>
>>343754092
dark souls came out before skyrim, numbnuts.
>>
>>343753826
>Yes
>No (yes)
>So, yes.
>(Sarcastic) (yes).
>>
>>343754267
Yeah try the not being a faggot mod.
>>
>>343753826
>take fantasy hack and slash
>take open world RPG
>take out the good parts of both and combine them into a game
>>
>>343753826
Define ''greatest''.
>>
>>343754267
Same, I have never gotten past Grey Beards. Modding this shit is most fun I have with the game.
>>
>>343754223
Saints Row the Third
>>
>>343754223
Arkham City.
>>
>>343754267
ignore the main quest and explore the map. goes for any bethesda game. there's a map in Dragonsreach that has a bunch of locations on it, it will update your map automatically.
>>
Oblivion is better, and the best game of the last 10 years is Bloodborne.

Morrowind is unplayable without nostalgia
>>
>>343754526
>Oblivion is better
heh
>>
>>343754303
>good parts
I don't remember the good parts of those genres being feedbackless whack-a-mole combat and shitty fetch quests respectively
>>
>>343753936
>scrolls fans

My god.
*sniffs*
Pure ideology.
>>
>>343754184
but skyrim was and is still not a piece of shit. Hell, I can't tell you how many people this game has drawn in core gaming, especially the female demographic. I know proping my argument up with popular opinion is a bit of a faux pas but seeing as your assertion is nothing more than just that and no supporting evidence I feel I've met the bar of the conversation.
>>
>>343753826
>Is this the greatest game of the last 10 years?

Probably Minecraft, to be quite frank.
Most successful, most influential, and for the most people, greatest, of that period.
>>
No, because Oblivion exists and that came out exactly ten years ago now.

Oblivion is better than Skyrim in every single way except third person camera, which no-one should use in an Elder Scrolls game anyway except to check out your armour while travelling. Any other use of third person makes you a degenerate millennial.

>Better music.
>Better story.
>Better characters.
>Equally okay-ish graphics.
>Better dungeons (even though less staff memebrs working on dungeons).
>Better world.
>More things to do.
>More stats.
>More conversation options.
>More interesting characters.
>More questlines.
>Better questlines.
>More quests.
>Better quests.
>World reacted to your accomplishments more than Skyrim did ever.
>Spellmaking.
>Better enchanting.
>More spell effects.
>even the combat was better without that clunky-ass Skyrim shit with WoW-tier swords and fewer armour pieces.

>>343754526
Morrowblivion is a completed game anon. Fuck this Skywind shit, get Oblivion GOTY and Morrowind GOTY, download Morrowblivion and play. All you need is a Ely's Silent Voices mod to stop the subtitles being over too quickly and you're fine.

It looks and plays fucking great and is highly recommended for faggots like you who think Morrowind on it's own is a bad game. But at least this way you can still experience the world, lore and story.
>>
No. But it might be the most boring one.
>>
>>343755068
>I can't tell you how many people this game has drawn in core gaming, especially the female demographic.

Thank you anon. You've just given me another reason to hate Skyrim.

>More dumbshit teens who refuse to play games that don't hold their hands and feminists who've ruined so many games since Skyrim was released.
>>
>>343755156
Oblivion is bugged as fuck and ruined every single one of my playthrough
I dropped it 6 times
and the unofficial patches don't solve anything
>>
>>343753826
amazing water
>>
>>343754670
I think he meant "take them out" as in remove them
>>
>>343755313
That's either a blatant lie, you have a 2000's Nokia phone as your PC or you can't use a simple game installer properly.
>>
>>343755415
Are you saying I should play fucking Oblivion without mods?
>>
That might be the best rock texture of the last 10 years.
>>
>>343755487
>know nothing about modding
>mod the game to shit
>come on /v/ and complain the game is bugged and broken

You're even more of a retard than I thought jesus christ.
>>
The game might not be that good, but it has become the icon of modding.
The real problem is that Bethesda is trying to limit it by adding it to consoles.
>>
>>343755648
There are hundreds of tutorials (yeah, I even resorted to that) so I'm not to blame, moreover I was tweaking games when you weren't even born.
How do you explain TES are the ONLY games to fucking CTD for nothing and have a shit-ton of unexplainable problems when you start modding them?
I spent enough time with wrye bash and managing the load order as it is.
>>
>>343754092
b8
>>
>>343753936
well memed
>>
>drougr dungeon #132
>greatest game
>>
>>343755915
>IT'S OBLIVION'S FAULT THAT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MOD PROPERLY

Listen you fucking dumbshit, you can't learn advanced Oblivion modding in a fucking half hour sit down session. You clearly have no fucking idea what you're doing. The most common cause of CTD for Oblivion is when you have two mods overwriting each other, especially an outside or town/city location. So I'm inclined to believe that you're downloading two different fucking incompatible mods that change the same thing in the base game and are too fucking stupid to realize it.

So you go on google and look up "how to mod oblivioN?" and skim through some fucking steam tutorial for ten minutes and then think you're an expert. So you go and add a shit ton of mods, open up Wrye Bash and think the only fucking thing you need to do to get it to work is change the load order of .esps, not realizing that some mods aren't fucking compatible with each other and won't work at the same time.

So your dumbshit arse gets a bunch of dumbshit CTDs because you have dumbshit modding skills. Then you probably go and tell all your dumbshit friends that Oblivion is a broken and unworking mess because you've tried to add every dumbshit mod under the dumbshit sun with no fucking knowledge of how to do ANY of it properly. And then those dumbshit friends like you come on /v/ and shittalk the greatest open world RPG of all time because you have the fucking brain capacity of a fucking piece of shit.

>I was tweaking games when you weren't even born

Then why are you still so fucking shit at it.
>>
File: 1408669158555.gif (2 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1408669158555.gif
2 MB, 384x288
>rpg with no classes, stats or attributes
>rpg with no memorable characters or locations
>rpg with no different choices during quests
>rpg when you are the chosen one in every quest

At least Skyrim is a godlike hunting and survival simulator if you slap a ton of mods on it.
>>
>>343755313

Holy fuck how dumb can you be

Modding isn't rocket science
>>
>>343753826
Not the greatest but it's pretty good. I recommend The Witcher 3 to you.
>>
>>343755890
Funnily enough, >>343756340 just explained why console modding of TES games just ruined Elder Scrolls.

Bethesda has this retarded policy of not finishing their game features to let modders do things themselves, which is a lazy and unfair model of development.

Problem with it is you get idiots like the "I can't mod Oblivion" guy with consoles who suddenly think all these mods that are now on consoles are 'officially supported' DLC or something and try to add a bunch of them and end up breaking their own game. They also steal mods and outright brag about it, leaving mod authors less inclined to want to bother to even make them.

But here's the thing. Bethesda are going to add this shit to Valenwood on launch. They might even make them paid mods too and probably set the whole thing up so that the official Bethesda modding platform is the only way to mod games both on PC and console.

Yet they'll retain this policy they started in Skyrim of dumbing down and not finishing their games because the "modders can do it" while simultaneously fucking the modders up the arse with a barbed horse cock and softly jerking off console users to make them feel better about themselves.

Modding is dead for TES after Skyrim. And because Bethesda don't make finished games any more, The Elder Scrolls is dead.
>>
No, the witcher 3, this is 2nd
>>
>>343756731
The dude can't even mod properly. Look at the replies.
>>
>>343753826
No, the shitty combat feel and menu item switching ruins it.
>>
>>343756340
I'm going to answer your bullshit with a single fucking sentence :
I don't use mods who overwrite each others. Is that clear or do I need to repeat it so your incestuous brain can correctly process the information?

>Then why are you still so fucking shit at it.

Why is Oblivion the ONLY game ever to cause me problems?

>the greatest open world RPG of all time

"I am an uneducated cunt who finds solace in poorly written dialogues, shit gameplay, worse-than-Deus-Ex animations and bland characters

play some Wizardry 8 or Gothic II instead of spouting nonsense
>>
>>343755156
>Any other use of third person makes you a degenerate millennial.
t. millennial
>>
>>343756340
> it's good with mods
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>343757105
It was great without mods, I played it originally for the 360 and was blown the fuck away.
>>
>>343757248
> it was good when I was a braindead kid
Into the trash it goeth
>>
File: 1454546890508.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1454546890508.gif
2 MB, 450x188
>get hype for skyrim
>its super casualized garbage
>swear off video games, i'm fucking done
>finally come back last year after getting a decent pc
>everything that isnt generic garbage is unfinished "early access" bullshit, or kickstarted garbage

Only game I've enjoyed is Divinity: OS, and I'm fairly certain that's because of the co-op, not due to the game itself.

Are there any good games out there that'll change my mind?
>>
>>343757105
not him, but he has a point
bethesda games are so hilariously badly made that the only thing you can salvage off them is the sandboxish engine, which gives you a good amount of freedom about what kind of game do you want
>>
>>343757076
>I don't use mods who overwrite each others.

Yet your game crashes all the time, so you're clearly doing something wrong. Since you essentially admitted you won't even play Oblivion without mods I'm inclined to believe you've never actually put time into vanilla Oblivion, so while you say "I don't use mods that overwrite others", you don't actually know what mods overwrite others because you have no fucking idea how the game works.

It's entirely your fault.

Oblivion has nothing to do with your utter lack of modding skills, or your inability to not fuck up all your Oblivion files and leave your game a complete mess from tinkering with it without knowing what you're doing.

You're the reason that every mod basically has a warning saying "back up all your game files because I'm not responsible if you break your fucking game". I always wondered... Now I know. It's because of people like you that we need a fucking warning on bags of peanuts that say "may contain nuts".
>>
>>343757371
Nah. That only started with Skyrim, I think. Oblivion and Morrowind were good enough on their own without mods to make them bearable.
>>
>>343757371
So you agree with me?
>>
>>343753826
The greatest piece to take from that game, which I have not seen anyone do even remotely as good, is the atmospheric narrative. Graphics supported great biome appropriate effects which was accommodated by Jeremy Soule's amazing soundtrack. The biome itself has alot of variation to keep the player compelled throughout the world as well. You take this and you add to it, the greatest genre in video games and an open lore filled world, which by the way was enormous for it's time. It's the kind of game that gets away with having so much flaws, because it has so much outstanding features as well. The Witcher 3 is the only game that could rival the open world of Skyrim and even then, you don't feel as compelled to the world as you do in Skyrim. A big plus as well, would be the fact that it has the greatest modding out of any game in the world by a ridiculous margin. Only other games that come close are other Bethesda games and New Vegas.
>>
>>343753826
Skyrim's biggest influence was economical.
It was hugely popular, had a big marketing campaign, and made tons of money, even more so than they planned.
Because of this it precipitated the whole industry to go for casual action open world, with little care for innovation, depth or quality.
>>
> not a single todd poster in a skyrim thread
I know you're here somewhere todd
come out slowly, and keep your hands away from the preorder
>>
>>343757342
AA games still exist you know
Published by actual publishers, not kickstarted or indie
You go look for shit yourself instead of asking us to spoonfeed you because you're too retarded
>>
Nah, it's tf2
>>
File: 1460396990155.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460396990155.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>343757471
my opinion is bethesda games stopped being good after morrowind
the only reedemable quality is the freedom of the already sandboxish engine, and nothing else
i agree with whoever shares my opinion
>>
>>343757414
I actually played this without mod, otherwhise, how would I have known the game needed to be modded?
I don't do stuff like installing open cities with better cities if that's what you're implying
>>
You ever taken a swim in the Ilinalta?
>>
File: toddhoward.jpg (37 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
toddhoward.jpg
37 KB, 600x610
You guys have preordered Skyrim Special Edition, right?
>>
Yes,but not just last 10,
Of all time
>You will never ever play Skyrim for the first time again
Why live
>>
>>343757843
I made sure to pre-order a copy for myself and 4 of my other friends, Todd! I am going to pick them up when they release at The Pirate Bay
>>
File: nottoddhoward.jpg (44 KB, 518x506) Image search: [Google]
nottoddhoward.jpg
44 KB, 518x506
>>343757962
Be sure to pre-order more copies for all of them so you can all experience Skyrim Special Edition on all major gaming platforms!
>>
>>343757606
Get mad kid. OW is king :^)
>>
It's such a shame that the game is so shallow when the world and atmosphere is so comfy.
>>
File: 1464190293950.png (42 KB, 592x533) Image search: [Google]
1464190293950.png
42 KB, 592x533
I played Skyrim for 6 hours and it was boring as fuck.
The only fun I had was playing as Batman, in a fantasy medieval world, using a katana. I don't know how and why so many people liked and played it on consoles, since consoles don't have mods.
All my casual frieds loved Skyrim and they have never played a TES game before.

Skyrim isn't the best game in the last 10 years, it isn't even the best RPG. But this is just my opinion.
>>
File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62 KB, 300x360
>>343753826
>>
>>343758660
I've seen many people that think that this game is extremely good.
Yet it is almost as mediocre as GTA 5 (then again I've seen people claim that GTA 5 is good too).

Do people not understand what makes a game good or something?
>>
>>343759223
No, people just have different opinions than you, faggot.
>>
File: DeathStranding_Kojima_Trailer_04.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeathStranding_Kojima_Trailer_04.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
>>343753826
Question to anyone who knows, I know there are plenty of skyrim body mods with great tits and ass and curves, but are there any that look realistically disgusting with flaws and shit like visible bones and hank hill asses?
>>
File: newvegas.jpg (1 MB, 1330x1650) Image search: [Google]
newvegas.jpg
1 MB, 1330x1650
>>343753826

best game of the last decade by far coming through
>>
>>343758660
>tap a button to run
>>
File: 1396551043755.jpg (73 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1396551043755.jpg
73 KB, 450x338
>>343753826
Nah

>SoC came out almost ten years ago
>>
>>343759383
Yeah.
>>
>>343759331
I refuse to believe that the majority of people is doomed to shit taste and cannot recognize true value when they see it.
>>
>>343760962
Link?
>>
File: 1464707711589.jpg (464 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1464707711589.jpg
464 KB, 1080x1920
>>343753826
Best waifan in the last 10 years
>>
>>343759223
Don't try to understand Rockstarfags, they simply don't know any better.
>>
>>343753936
Not even best Souls
>>
>>343753826
Arkham City tops Skyrim as the greatest game of the last 10 years easily
>>
>>343759223
>>343761109
>>343762185
>pretentious hipster teenagers with a "if it's popular it's bad" mentality
Don't worry, you'll probably grow up and out of it one day.
>>
>>343753826
Yes, easily
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>>343753826
Nope. Halo 3 coming in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JukX1JgsNs
>>
>>343762434
I grew out of being a teenager more than a decade ago, son.
Despite how it might feel sometimes, not everyone on /v/ is a kid.
>>
>>343753826
Hi, Todd
>>
GTA IV
>>
>>343761658
mods list?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.