[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this game and want to discuss. Can you get Delilah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: fw.jpg (21 KB, 414x550) Image search: [Google]
fw.jpg
21 KB, 414x550
I just finished this game and want to discuss.

Can you get Delilah to go with you?

Was Delilah actually in on it?

I loved the game and the concept but it was too damn short 4-6 hours for a $13 game is not a great playtime.
>>
>>343750848
Great game. Leaves you depressed as fuck. You never get to see her, anon.
>>
>>343750848
it was pretty short and I really didn't like the ending. VA and overall comfyness was top notch though. Not worth the pricetag but it was a nice experience all things considered.
>>
>>343750848
sadly, it's still is one of the best/most memorable games this year.
>>
If it serves for something, the devs said Delilah looks like her VA, though that's probably just them being lazy.
>>
>>343750848
>all that amazing story build up and banter between you and tower QT and the strange occurrences
>LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS

Wasted potential imo
>>
>>343750848
>Can you get Delilah to go with you?
No.

>Was Delilah actually in on it?
In on what? Literally nothing happened, that's the entire story.
>>
>>343750848
game is a hyped up walking simulator
one of my biggest buyers remorses ive had
>>
>>343755501
Uh, did you miss the part where Ned is fucking with you the whole time? D acting suspicious and inconsistent like they might've been working together to mess with H
>>
>>343755620
>where Ned is fucking with you the whole time
Congratulations, you just summed up the entire game's story. And no, apart from her being too much of a wuss to meet you in person, that's all there was.
>>
File: 1452294368862.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1452294368862.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>343755301
I appreciate the sentiment behind it, that at the end you can try to come up with crazy distractions from your actual problems but ultimately can't run from them. Conceptually it's just a really unsatisfying ending. Which is the point. But it's still unsatisfying.

As a game Firewatch is utter shit anyway.
>>
>>343755301
>IT WAS JUST A GUY IN THE WOODS WHOSE KIDS DIED ONE

Most disappointing mystery every.
>>
I read this somewhere else, don't know it exactly anymore but it was a theory that gave me the most satisfaction.
D and Ned are/were in a relationship/married. D already knows that HER with Ned is already dead. Ned is not able to move on and stays in the forest, D tries to move on but goes back every summer without Ned knowing.
>>
>>343755862
*child
>>
>>343755862
D's motivation seemed to be seeking some summer diversion from her boyfriend though, not the kid.
>>
>>343755301
>he didn't get it
>>
>>343755301
the ending was the best part you dimwitted pleb
>>
>>343756828
It was pretty unsatisfying to be honest. At least show the guy going back to something.
>>
>>343755862
It's a fucking story about three drunk people in the woods who want to forget the past. That's it. No theories needed. Have you ever met the kind of crazy ass weirdo who literally lives innawoods? If anything Ned wasn't doing enough weird shit. I'm surprised he didn't assrape you.
>>
>>343756971
but that's not the point of the game. the point is you can't escape real life, or you can, but just for a little while. showing henry go back to his life would be absolutely pointless in this game.
>>
Where the fuck did Ned get all that surveillance equipment and why did he waste resources to make it look like they were watching them and not just use it to live more comfortably?
>>
>>343757289
>why did he waste resources to make it look like they were watching them and not just use it to live more comfortably?
cause he's not just another bland normie like you are
>>
>>343757289
>why did he waste resources to make it look like they were watching them

What? Who?

That government station was observing animal life or some shit. All Ned did was tune in on their talks.
>>
>>343757289
>surveillance equipment
stealing stuff from the research team and watchers
>why did he waste resources to make it look like they were watching them and not just use it to live more comfortably?
because you saw him in the first day so he wanted you out. also he didn't want anyone finding his son
>>
>>343757439
>That government station was observing animal life or some shit
the only thing I didn't get about the game is why didn't D tell you about the surveillance site? you can clearly see her tower from there, but she's acting dumb. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>343757545
working theory is she's with Ned messing with whoever is in two forks
>>
>>343757967
nah, that's just stupid
>>
>>343758068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0mgVL8oWg

here's a good vid explanation
>>
Finished it yesterday.
breddy gud

>>343755553
>walking simulator
>remorse
It's explicitely described this way in the description, dumbass.
>>
>>343758215
this is absolutely what the devs wanted to show in their audience.

they will pick some conspiracy theory over a normal human condition and facing reality every time. we are doomed
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.