[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the shit did this piece of garbage get a sequel? Every single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
How the shit did this piece of garbage get a sequel? Every single fucking thing knocks you off your feet and then stun locks you. Some enemies hit spots are incredibly small and hard to hit. Mech vs mech battles are staffing and then a DPS race.

The explosions are fucking insane. The smoke lasts a good five or six seconds and literally has no opacity to it obscuring the battle field. The main character moves at a pace akin to a fucking snail and the only worthwhile weapon worth using on foot is the laser weapons. The hook shot is the length around 8 feet and when you latch onto something you then jump like a retard upwards.

The character models are pretty lack luster for the time and the music is literally one of the most bland I've ever heard.

How the fuck did this game get a sequel that was so well received?
>>
i liked it enough
>>
Sounds like you just suck at the fucking game you faglord. I beat it on the hardest difficulty without dying once. Lost Planet 2 is better though.
>>
>>343748839

This game has massive glaring issues and you fucking know it.
>>
>>343748606
You realize this game came out near the beginning of the 360's life right? Though the game wasn't that great then either. Multiplayer was fun though.
>>
>>343749324

Just because a game came out at the beginning of a new console doesn't mean common fucking sense from previous video games goes out the window. Like, being stun locked like a million times.
>>
This game was great op go fuck yourself
>>
>>343748839
>Lost Planet 2
This was the funnest shit ever in co-op, what in the fuck was Capcom thinking when they gave some noname Western studio Lost Planet 3?
>>
>>343748606
>guys I am new here just got it on steam sale and i didnt like it
>time to shit on in even though i am underage and wasnt born when the game came out.
its ok op you are not the only one
>>
File: 1457465354461.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1457465354461.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>343751236
>what in the fuck was Capcom thinking when they gave some noname Western studio Lost Planet 3?

Because someone at Capcom thought that lost planet was too "japanese" for the western audience, so they hired a fucking noname studio to make a "western" lost planet.
>>
File: LPGathering.jpg (588 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
LPGathering.jpg
588 KB, 900x750
>>343748606
Faglord nigger OP can't talk shit without looking like the whiniest midget in the world: The thread.
>>
File: WilyTV.png (412 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
WilyTV.png
412 KB, 640x480
>>343752045
"Someone" meaning Inafune.
>>
>>343752178
>"Someone" meaning Inafune.

That's correct.
>>
>tfw EX Troopers never made it over
>tfw no more Lost Planet 2
>>
lmao git gud fgt lol
>>
File: EXDessert.png (1 MB, 906x1281) Image search: [Google]
EXDessert.png
1 MB, 906x1281
>>343752628
>EX Troopers never made it over

It's ok anon, just have to wait for the eventual fan translation for it, with having all the cutscenes subtitled.
>>
>get this game years and years ago because it was on sale
>hmm this should be fun, running around with a famas in the snow
>start game
>it's a fucking sidescroller with grappling hook bullshit
quit and never played again
>>
>>343755691
Are you that one brazilian reviewer who played bionic commando but tried saying it was lost planet?
>>
>>343755975
I am indeed not
>>
>>343751236
>>343752045
>>343752178

>what in the fuck was Capcom thinking when they gave some noname Western studio

Casualties off the top of my head:
Ninja Gaiden
Lost Planet
Devil May Cry
Bionic Commando
>>
>>343756602
3 was worse than Yaiba. Hopefully that retard Hayshi uses Nioh as a chance to get his shit together.
>>
File: FreddyFrancesco.jpg (78 KB, 298x247) Image search: [Google]
FreddyFrancesco.jpg
78 KB, 298x247
>>343756602
Inafune is a westaboo, admidst lower sales numbers, higher development costs, capcom execs were looking for answers to their problems, and inafune decided to try indoctrinating the higher parts of the company on his pathos of "The west is the future" and just made games styled after western developed aesthetics, and when that wasn't doing enough for them, they decided to straight up outsource western studios.

Thankfully inafune is gone and capcom is clearly trying to buck some of the shitty mindset he pushed onto them, but that's pretty much it, it's just the cost of doing development for HD platforms is a hell of a lot higher than standard definition consoles and companies need to find a way to cut costs somewhere or find a way to guarantee profits.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.