[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch lore thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o6z4mnpUaY1vnrfn9o1_540.png (398 KB, 540x587) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6z4mnpUaY1vnrfn9o1_540.png
398 KB, 540x587
So, Overwatch's original members were Reaper, Soldier 76, Sombra, Winston, McCree, Genji, Tracer, Mercy, Torbjorn and Reinhardt, I think I've remembered everyone. Now, after Winston recalled Overwatch and started it again, we know that him, Tracer and (most likely) Genji have returned.

But what about the others? Ovewatch's deep lores on the official site say that some of the agents turned to mercenary work or even crime. We know for sure that Soldier 76 is now being a bitter crimefighter somewhere in Latin America. Who else might be reluctant to rejoin Overwatch, for what reasons? Who might have turned evil during the timeskip (inb4 Mercy) except for Reaper? And what about all those new heroes, who were never Overwatch members to begin with, like Mei, Hanzo, Junkrat, Pharah and others?
>>
overwatch is dying and the community is trying to save it with lore threads

lol
>>
>>343740541
Mei was originally a scientist under Overwatch, but while her team were in cryostasis, they came apart at the seams and Mei and her homies were forgotten about. When she was rescued many years later, she opted not to join Winston's reformed Overwatch and instead became some kind of environmentalist vigilante.
>>
>>343740541
Was Genji ever in OW? I thought he was just an ex-yakuza prince turned vigilante.
>>
>>343740637
Are you still mad about buying season pass for Battleborn?
>>
File: 1455170530504.png (86 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1455170530504.png
86 KB, 264x240
>>343740637
Really dude?
>>
>>343740825
he was, mercy saved his life after the assassination attempt and made him a cyborg, he worked with overwatch for a bit, left because of personal conflict of him being a cyborg, and met zenyatta who helped him get over himself
>>
File: original-overwatch.jpg (187 KB, 1479x606) Image search: [Google]
original-overwatch.jpg
187 KB, 1479x606
>>343740825
Yes, Genji was in the original version.
>>
>>343741118
Even on this picture Reaper is an edgelord, who's too cool to face the camera and look happy.
>>
>>343741118
>Reyes can't enjoy anything, even before getting fucked up
>>
>>343740829
I'm at the depression stage of my grief right now. Bargaining didn't go so well, no one was willing to buy the game off me even for a hefty discount.
>>
>>343741118
Why is Soldier the ONLY one who got older?
This photo was taken like, what, twenty years prior to the game events?
>>
>>343740637
this

the ranked mode destroyed the last hope I had in this game

The queues getting longer and longer and the solo play is just disgusting with the 50/50 match making

I have never seen such a bad game with a hype like it was the witcher 3 of hero shooter
>>
>>343741118
>Reaper was THAT guy, even before he went evil
>>
>>343741118
>Everyone is chilling, not in full battle armor
>Sombra has a fucking gun
Best girl
>>
>>343741303
>Mercy
Nanomachines
>Tracer
Time Magic
>winston
He's a fucking gorilla
>Reaper
Nobody knows what he looks like after he put on the mask
>Torb
Superior Nordic Genetics
>McCree and Reinhardt
They look a little younger. McRee is less grizzled and Rein has less wrinkles and scarring.
>Sombra
Isn't she like full cyborg by the events of the game.
>>
>>343741320
the queues are longer in ranked are longer because all twelve players have to be around the same rank. QUICK play has short wait times
>>
>>343740637
You mean like what happenes to TF2 when they started introducing back stories, comics and hats?
>>
>>343740541
is this real?
>>
>>343743464
life
>>
>>343743850
or just fantasy
>>
>>343743940
caught in a landslide
>>
>>343744040
No escape from reality
>>
mei was in overwatch too man
>>
>>343742202
Reaper is just a cloud of nanomachines.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.