[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly cant believe that theres people who unironically think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bc2.jpg (79 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
bc2.jpg
79 KB, 256x360
I honestly cant believe that theres people who unironically think that BF3 and BF4 were better than BC2.

BF3 and BF4 both had extremely large maps, too large for their own good. How the hell can you say that Caspian border was a cool map? It wasnt, it was ridiculously huge so encounters were minimal.

The extremely open nature of maps also killed the Rush mode, the maps are simply too open to defend properly. Plus they fucked it up by removing almost every feedback/notification.

In BC2, when a plant was charged, you'd get a fucking huge "PLANT WAS CHARGED AT A" message in the middle of the screen and a guy screaming the same thing in the radio, plus an ultra loud siren noise and red blinking light AND the map notification.

In bf3, the message is removed, instead moved to the corner of the screen, an almost muted radio message is all that lets you know that the charge had been planted, so nobody would rush to defend.

Also, destruction was much more interesting in BC2, because most maps were "urban", with loads of houses that could be demolished to the ground, while most of BC3/4 maps were in "Open areas" with 1 or 2 buildings in the middle, you could crack a hole in walls but you wouldnt be able to bring down the entire building.

And jets sucked, so really, the only good thing BF3 and 4 had over BC2 asides from graphics was the amount of guns.
>>
>>343737680
K
>>
>>343737680
You just feel nostalgia for BC2 because you're a console faggot and it was your first BF game.
>>
>>343737959
This.
BC2 was better than BF3 and BF4, but that's like winning the special olympics.
>>
>>343737680
>complaining about big, open maps in a Battlefield game

Want to know how I know you're a console babby who never played a pre-Bad Company game? Also, Rush sucks.
>>
>>343737680
BF1 is getting that BC1 fog of war feeling, but the game feels just like cod when it comes to weapons and the speed of movement. BC2 had improved gun feel after being stuck with BF2 and 2142 for a shit ton of time, but looking back at it it is looking like shit, BF4 is the most normal one atm
>>
>>343737959

Fuck off, I played on PC and recently bought it again for 2 dollars. Theres still plenty of servers and I'm having a blast with it.

>>343738195

The maps are simply too fucking big for their own good. Like I said caspian border is the perfect example. Absolutely nothing happened in that map, except for that border checkpoint base it had.

Rush was fucking amazing in BC2, it sucked in 3 and 4 for the reasons I stated. Conquest has always been a shitty unbalanced mode.
>>
who else playing vietnam for the fourth
>>
>>343740286
>The maps are simply too fucking big for their own good.
That simply isn't the fucking case and you'd know that if you played any of the pre-frostbite games. The key problems with modern BF in regard to large maps are:

-shit point design/placement
-lack of troop transport vehicles/retarded use of them by teammates (also retarded teammates who refuse to ride passenger in everything)
-complete lack of teamwork due primarily to removal/barebones command ui. It used to be that apart from just having the commander issue basic orders (attack/defend), the commander could order squads to move to any point on the map via a map-painter (squad leaders could also do this for their squadmates). As well as different communication channels for commander>squad, squad>squad, and squad>squadmates. To the point where you could have legitimate tactics even on dumb pubby servers simply because a handful of people could delegate and EVERYONE knew what they should be doing, without it becoming a mil-sim.
>>
>>343737680

BF3 had better set pieces.

>Dat tank battle graphics.
>Dat jet take off from the carrier.
>Dat HALO jump.
>Dat theme.

BC2 sucks.
>>
>>343743389

You literally just proved the problem is the maps being too big.

All of the points you mention (except the command one) stem from the fact that the maps are too bigs.

Teammates take 4-5 men vehicles for themselves and most of the team has to run 3 fucking miles from base to an action point, only to get gunned down as soon as they arrive

>>343743691

Im not talking about campaign, son.

Also at least bc2 had destructible enviroments in campaign. Unlike 3 which shut them off entirely (couldnt even destroy cover)
>>
BF4 is probably the most similar to BF4
>>
File: 1466970136469.jpg (58 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1466970136469.jpg
58 KB, 722x349
>>343744712
similar to BF2

fuck
>>
>>343740286
Don't make me show you meme of how wrong you are
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.