[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
What went wrong?
>>
>>343737179
i can't believe ubisoft got away with releasing far cry primal for retail price despite it being to FC4 what Blood Dragon was to FC3. a dlc reskin
>>
>>343737179
Most people didn't wait on the guy.
>>
>you can't play off of the """""joke"""""" ending where you wait for Pagan to come back
>you can't hunt down and kill domestic terrorists with your step-dad

How did they fuck up Far Cry 4 that much?
>>
I liked Pagan more than I liked the shitty "revolutionaries." I like that you can side with him in the secret ending, but the fact that the main game is about opposing someone who was in the right made it hard for me to play the game sometimes.

still 100 percented it
>>
>>343737610
>kill domestic terrorists with your step-dad
they dindu nuffin you white supremacist piece of shit

same. Wish I could just kill all of them and work with Pagan, even if that campaign was only 2 hours long
>>
>>343737179
who here worked with Sabal and killed Anita
>>
File: 1467086842472.png (225 KB, 800x639) Image search: [Google]
1467086842472.png
225 KB, 800x639
The game is pretty good but jesus fucking christ there wasn't a point where I didn't want to fire off on the retarded Golden Path members.
>>
>>343737179
Nothing. I sat at the table for 13 minutes and got to be best pals with step-dad.
>>
>>343737179
Because ubisoft are a bunch of filthy french fucks and sjw, and even if they weren't they wouldn't let you play with pagan min because of the amount of incomprehensible screeching that would come from said sjws.
>>
>"Youuuu and IIIII are gonna FUCK SHIT UP"
>Holy fuck, this is gonna be fun
>"Just wait here, okay?"
>Yeah dude. Absolutely. No problem.
>"DONG DING ABBU DABBU. DO NOT FOR WORRY AJAY. IT IS ME, RAJ PAJ AND I AM HERE TO BE SAVING YOU FROM BAD MAN. DOOT DOOT"
>I don't want to be saved

And then the rest of the game I was forced to hang out with anti-fun smelly commoners instead of my rad dad.
0/10
>>
The issue is that Far Cry 4 allows you to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. Your choices are terrible, you either go with a religious fanatic or a carbon copy of the main villain without any of the personality. Pagan was a madman, but he treated you with respect until the very end. I hated this game for so long, I hated everything about it, but mostly the story.

I spent a long time reflecting upon this game. In due time I eventually just decided to replay it. In my second playthorugh my perspective of the whole game changed, it's superior to Far Cry 3 in almost every way aside from the story. I walked through the world, experienced it as an open entity that would allow me access into it's whole being. I experienced new things by truly taking in all of the world around me. But even then it couldn't excuse the atrocities that you commit as Ajay Ghale.

Through much deliberation, my conclusion is that the developers intended for this. They intended for us to feel the way we do about Far Cry 4. They wanted to show us that your choices aren't always going to be beneficial, and that sometimes you need to pick between the lesser of 2 evils to succeed. Joining pagan would ahve made this agme the 10\10 that I anticipated, but even then, Pagan is a villain. He peddled drugs, he murdered civilians, he pushed a totalitarian government upon the Kyratti people. That's not to say that the Golden Path weren't villains as well.

>inb4 "but developers aren't that smarT"

They were smart enough to describe Ishwari's suffering at your fathers hands and how Pagan treated ehr right. The agme forshadows the point that Pagan loved your mother, and even though you're exactly like your father who took her away from Pagan, he still loves you out of remembrance of your mother. Pagan would have been the best choice, but we never had that choice. I believe that's what the developers wanted.
>>
>>343739521
>I don't want to be saved
Bullshit.
Ajay was fully aware of what he was doing the entire time
>>
>>343738750
But as I recall there was plenty of sjw screeching before the game even came out because they thought Pagan was white, which made the cover art problematic or whatever the fuck.
>>
>get across the bridge into NE Kyrat
>First base has damage sponge enemies that know where you are immediately upon shooting the bow/crossbow
>the only bit of fun for me is ruined
>>
>>343739521
Honestly the best ending is where you do as you're fucking told and wait for your bro ass dad to literally give you what you wanted all along, with no unnecessary bullshit. He didn't even want to rule that shit hole place anyways.
>>
>>343738019
Not like it couldn't be pulled off. There's basically no story in the game to begin with.

and just change red guys to blue, wow, now you have the same campaign but with a better ending.

At least they should have released a DLC like that, not that fucking retarded survival mode shit.
>>
>>343737179
You never got to side with the guy who was actually pretty fun and just wanted the best for you. Also he cucked your father.
>>
>>343740389
Yes, and it would have been even worse if they let you join Pagan. But most companies refuse to do the intelligent thing and just ignore the obnoxious fuckheads.
>>
>>343740389
that has more to do with SJWs being retarded and not knowing that the villain was on the cover like Far Cry 3.
>>
>>343740416

Well, you WERE trying to use a crossbow. It's not the best weapon to use. Try using a sniper rifle for the sniper enemies and heavies, then move in for headshots against the other with a good gun like The Trooper.
>>
>>343740389
He looked like a fag too
>>
>>343740606
>fag
pretty sure you mean fabulous
>>
>>343740543
the auto-crossbow counts as a silent weapon, like the bow. Had no problems until crossing the border.
>>
>>343740708
Not as fabulous as the fruity fuck that upgraded your gear
>>
>>343740807
But as you said, the enemies present a whole new level of danger once you cross the border. Just try using a different weapon.
>>
>>343737179

I got blood on my fucking shoes!
>>
The game goes on autopilot once you unlock the MG42. Also I hated the Golden Path more than the legitimate government you were fighting.

The setting was cool though.
>>
>>343740389

It was the cover of Pagan Min and in front of him a member of the militia holding a grenade.

Pagan looked mostly white and had his hand on the top of the militia members hand.

The picture was meant to convey that Pagan Min was fucking based and knew that the militia could have pulled the pin and killed them both was too much of a coward.

It was a great cover.

And when you kill his body doubles he lectures you about how he was the person who modeled for the picture on the money and the gold statue he posed for.

Based
>>
>>343740543
>>343742519
The auto-cross is actually the most effective, close range silent weapon, you can plunge two-three arrows into heavys without alerting anyone.
>>
>>343744451
But the Z93 can 1-shot a heavy at close range and not alert anybody, still not the best gun in the game?? The Trooper is objectively the best, it has the best accuracy imo and the ability to follow up shots you've missed is incredible.
>>
story and setting are both worse than fc3
the mountains are a seperate map you have to quick travel to for missions, the open world is just some boring basin where everything looks the same
>>
>you couldn't actually play the game siding with pagan
>both of the "good guys" were obvious shit and even if you knew they were shit before the endgame twists, you were still forced to ally yourself with at least one of them at all times.
>game was essentially just a retread of far cry 4, only this time the protagonist is TECHNICALLY also the same ethnicity as the natives, so its not that white guy savior trope SJWs loved to bitch about.
>they blatantly stuck anita in the game
>AJ is even more boring than Jason

oh and i'm kinda pissed i could never get that co-op with a friend using those codes that were included with the game to work. would use up a code despite doing nothing. oh well. sure co-op was shit anyways.
>>
the only real improvement over 3 that i liked was the fact that they had hunters in bases that were there to fuck you over if you thought u could simply just keep busting tiger/bear cages to fuck up a camp like you could in FC3

and I say this despite fucking hating those pricks. especially since they unmarked themselves at the worst of times.
>>
>get winchester, ms16, and 1911
>get the vintage/classic paints
>don't get any upgrades except for ammo capacity

It makes you proud to be American
>>
Should I get this game from the steam sale?
>>
>>343746065
I'm sure 3 is cheaper and it's the exact same game
>>
>>343745607
>thinking Jason is boring
how the hell can you not like his character arc?
>start off as pussy fggot
>big brother is the cool military killer but is killed off at the start
>scared of clearing out enemies to begin with
>while saving Lisa he starts laughing and enjoying blowing up enemy cars
>slowly starts to turn insane
>starts to push his friends that he saved away because he wants to kill
>he literally turns into the spirit of the hunter
>nearing the end of the game you hear enemies talk about how they're afraid of you
>Jason has basically turned into the islands legend and myth at the end

if you chose to leave the island and Jason's destiny behind at the end then you fucked up.
>>
It was too much like Far Cry 3
Meat throwing was broken
Story was shit
Pegan Min was too likable

Ending with the crab was clever.
>>
>>343746360
you prefer getting yourself, and all your friends killed?
>>
>>343747202
they went off in a boat, Jason had killed all the pirates in the area so it was a safe journey for them
>>
Am I the only one who thought the Shangri la missions where pretty dank? I wish they had explored the lore a bit more for that stuff.
>>
>>343747813
>they went off in a boat
you never finished the game. Jason kills all of his friends if he chooses to remain
>>
>>343748919
Oh shit of course he does, how could I forget?
Well, I mean, spirit of the hunter and shit, mang. Gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>343737179
>tfw fucking Primal was better than this piece of shit
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.