[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to buy this Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Main_Logo.png (9 KB, 456x209) Image search: [Google]
Main_Logo.png
9 KB, 456x209
I'm about to buy this Is it good?
>>
dont. With that money you can actually have fun by buying something else.
>>
It can be pretty comfy but it hits a point where you realize it lacks variety and depth (apart from random secrets)
>>
File: harvestmoon64.jpg (67 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
harvestmoon64.jpg
67 KB, 500x336
Just emulate this instead.
>>
Its fun, but you reach a point in the game where you make so much fucking money that you spend the rest of the game just watching your money meter going hire and hire and then the game gets boring.
>>
File: very-nice-tasting-steak.jpg (33 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
very-nice-tasting-steak.jpg
33 KB, 550x412
>can buy stardew valley and end up refunding it in less than half an hour
>or you can spend that money on the finest well done steak at your nearest applebees and enjoy bliss for the rest of the night

the answer should be obv
>>
>>343730670
higher*

geez what was I thinking.
>>
>>343730285
>no online
>ahoy matey! yarg!

Play rune factory instead.
>>
It is very fun
Trying to maximize your profits and balance that with keeping good relations with the townspeople you care about is very entertaining.

And at some point after your first profitable crop shipment you reach a physiocrat high when you realize the power of money and the fact that you're literally a landholder whose property is bigger than the actual town it's a part of.

I recommend it.

Keep an eye on the wiki though, it'll save you the trouble of figuring out preferences through trial and error.

You could also mod it if you're in the mood.
>>
>>343730747
what, no a1?
>>
>>343730774

You were thinking about paying the girls off.
>>
>>343730747
Amazing presentation there.
>>
Is there a single harvest moon game that doesn't make you go to the barn to switch fucking tools constantly?

Is there a single harvest moon game where you can easily switch between tools instead of opening a fucking menu to select the tool?

Seriously, I'm asking. Every HM I've played had these huge problems I can't deal with honestly.
>>
>>343730792
Which one is best? I don't have a 3ds but I think I can emulate all the others
>>
>>343731096
have to tip extra for that, just sneak away some ketchup from the next table over or something

>>343731150
it's not the presentation that matters here
>>
>>343730285
Literally the only reason this game is praised is because mustards can't play Rune Factory 4 or Story of Seasons so they try and make due with indie shit
>>
>>343731290
>not wanting complete and total farming immersion
>>
>>343731290
Harvest Moon DS, the best harvest moon game, it has the inventory on the bottom screen and you easily switch tools with the stylus.
>>
>>343731353
kidding aside, ranch sauce is damn tasty on a medium rare steak. but then, ranch is great on just about anything.
>>
>>343731408

So all of the HM games have those two gigantic tedious bullshit flaws?
>>
>>343730285
I enjoy it, my wife is in love with it.
If you ever wished harvest moon was a bit deeper, buy it.
Also has some puzzle-free zeldaesque dungeon crawling, but that gets repetitive.

looking forward to when multiplayer is released, there will likely be some patches thereafter to expand on content.

I'm not a huge fan of the harvest moon franchise but I know a good developer when I see one, this guys going to continue to put work into the game which is so refreshing in an one-man indie developer.
>>
>>343731290
>Is there a single harvest moon game that doesn't make you go to the barn to switch fucking tools constantly?

>Is there a single harvest moon game where you can easily switch between tools instead of opening a fucking menu to select the tool?

I don't remember having to do any of that in the PS1 game
>>
>>343731484

Really? There is actually a good HM game without tedious bullshit?

Fucking finally. Is it just Harvest Moon DS as the title or is it some lame subtitle friends in fuckboy town or some shit like that?
>>
File: DonaldTrumpPoints.jpg (82 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
DonaldTrumpPoints.jpg
82 KB, 333x250
>>343731365
Both of those games look like weeb shit.
>>
>>343731710
Its just Harvest Moon DS for the boy version of the game and Harvest Moon DS Cute for the girl version, cute is better since they fix some money exploits, glitches and added a little more content (the ability to change clothing and changeup the theme of the house) as well as more events.
>>
>>343731958

Alright thanks a lot.
>>
>>343731326
I like 3 but the first two are also good.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.