[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best version of minecraft? i like beta a lot,the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 20
File: file.png (1 MB, 960x574) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 960x574
What's the best version of minecraft?
i like beta a lot,the lighting system was not great but the almost complete darkness gave it a great atmosphere that even after 6 years of playing still makes me feel helpless on the first night.
Also general minecraft discussion
>>
i guess no one on /v/ cares about minecraft
>>
anything before the survival update really

i kind of miss minecraft, exploring caves with just a torch was pretty comfy
>>
>>343727710

4chan is for 18+
>>
f2p creative is (was?) and always has been the most fun
nothing quite like lava flood maps and hide and seek
>>
>>343727903
Minecraft was intended for adults. Don't let the cancerous underage cloud facts.
>>
>>343728110
>minecraft could've been a 3d Dwarf fortress
>>
I mean, I had some fun goofing around in whatever beta stage I joined in.
Spawned in a snow enviornment and built a cabin.
This is when the trees would stay on fire forever, and there was a lava spill out the side of the mountain I settled next to, It set some surrounding trees on fire that lit the night sky.

Good times.
Couldn't do it now, too much autism surrounding the game nowadays.
>>
>>343728540
>We never got goblins or pigmen
>Instead, have Squidwards, reskins and beetroot
>>
>>343727710

come back tomorrow on july 5th when all the autists have finished the annual fattening ritual
>>
>>343728993
>pigmen
Pigmen are in the game.
>>
>>343729085
The zombified remains of them
>>
I like the offhand mechanic they added in the combat update. It's surprisingly useful for a number of situations
>>
>>343727245
idk i feel hipster but i liked infdev and alpha the most. indev was kinda shit, beta is when cancer started surrounding it. Now when i ever go on a small faction server or something, its 9 year olds getting legit offended or pissed at raids and greifing.

Solo is a little stale imo. I enjoy playing with friends with mods.
>>
>>343727245

Old Minecraft legitimately looks cozier than current. The colors weren't so drab like they've been in current years.
>>
File: file.png (251 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
251 KB, 1366x768
>mfw raining outside
>mfw when seeing the old mojang logo again
>>
>>343729706
>why do these LITTLE KIDS who are trying to be constructive and have fun together get MAD when I grief them???

fucking sad dude
>>
Why did you always spawn on beaches?
>>
>>343730130
>enabling kids to get mad at stupid things in video games
>letting them grow to be pussies that cry about anything
>not toghing them up and teaching them that the world has some bad people that don't want to help you,and that not everyone wants to be your friend
>>
what the fuck do people find fun in this

Ive tried getting into it like a dozen times, I dig a hole in the side of a mountain for a house, spruce it up a little after digging in the mines for ore, then lose interest because theres fuck all to do but keep building

I just dont get it
>>
>>343728110
It was intended for adults, then Notch realized he could make truckloads of money marketing to kids instead.
>>
>>343730386
>bullying little kids and justifying it to yourself

fucking sad dude
>>
>>343730582
Mate, its a fucking faction server. Play towny if you dont want to get raided and fucked.
>>
>>343730582
Bullying is a solution retard,the jews want to stop it because its a way to make kids tougher
>>
>>343730770
whoa man, that edge
>>
>>343727245
the uninstalled one
>>
>>343727245
I hate minecraft online and I hate the fanbase, but playing survival by myself is really fun
>>
>>343731180
>>>343730770
>whoa man, that edge
What edge? Hes not fucking wrong. A lot of problems could be solved with a fight after class and no detentions.
>>
I still prefer Technic 1.2.5. Thaumcraft 2, Industrialcraft 2, Forestry, Twilight Forest, Mystcraft, tons of fun. Nothing like accidentally dragging back decay to the real world and having to hop from world to world to escape it.
>>
File: file.png (482 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
482 KB, 1366x768
Fuck man its been a long time since i been scared in minecraft
>>
>>343731180
You got it wrong,the edgy ones should be bullied
>>
>>343729192
you can bring them back to life, same with zombie villagers.
I cant remember exactly how, I know for sure you have to hit them with a weakening thrown potion first, and then give them a gold apple or something.
>>
>>343731891
Only works on testificates
>>
File: file.png (257 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
257 KB, 1366x768
Don't know how i feel about this
>>
Minecraft is so much god damn fun. Vanilla or bust.
>>
File: file.png (355 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
355 KB, 1366x768
Gonna open the world in a new version
>>
someone set up a server
>>
File: file.png (258 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
258 KB, 1366x768
>>343732771
You are my brother
>>
File: file.png (373 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
373 KB, 1366x768
Don't feel as scared anymore
>>
>>343727245
TechCraft or AlchemyCraft for the mods
>>
alpha was honestly the best, i liked how simple it looked and the lack of hunger/potions/biomes really
>>
Got to new terrain,this feels like some kind of place that got trapped in time
>>
File: file.png (609 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
609 KB, 1366x768
>>343733265
forgot pic
>>
File: Khajit.png (412 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
Khajit.png
412 KB, 600x588
>>343727245
Land generation wise? 1.7. It was a work of autistic beauty.

As far as features, the new versions are coming along decently I guess? The new combat update disallowed for mindless clickspamming autism, which triggered a lot of the communities casual autist children (which is a good thing). Theres more blocks than ever to build with, and the newest copypasted mobs add at least some level of things to fight in the world (Like the new desert zombies that dont burn in the sun).

The community was never good, even when it was contained to /v/. It was always a bunch of angry faggots destroying eachothers legos and raiding eachothers forts and DDOSing servers when something doesn't go their way like a spoiled child.
>>
I liked the simplicity of alpha. Updates to the game added shit in every direction and the game became very incoherent.
>>
>>343733478
Snowy and desert biomes get to me. I can't deal with the isolation and scarcity.
>>
>>343733552
When did minecraft lose that atmosphere?
i can't pin down what exactly made it like this that changed
>>
>>343733538
I think they should add a setting to toggle the combat between the old and new. I like the new combat better for true survival, but if you're playing with a building focus in a survival world/server the new combat is maddeningly annoying since it takes twice as long to kill everything
>>
>>343734175
How has combat functionally changed? I'm fairly new to Minecraft
>>
>>343733904
me neither senpai. there was something immensely comforting about minecraft when i first played it like 5 years ago. probably because i jumped in knowing nothing about crafting or survival or what to expect.
>>
>>343735154
i don't know man,that not knowing about crafting and mob behavior wasn't it for me,i was just playing beta 1.3 again and it felt like the first time.
>>
1.7.3 Beta is the once and future king of Minecraft, back when the world gen was actually cool and seeds actually mattered.
>>
>>343735383
i started in 1.6 but it started losing that comfy feel when they started to focus on shitty rpg elements and survival mechanics. it was almost perfect ;-;
>>
>>343730398
Not Notch, everyone else at Mojang. Notch wanted to have fun. Jeb and the others wanted to push for an RPG/educational aspect.
>>
>>343727245
The latest version of course.

Somehow more content is a bad thing to /v/.
>>
>>343735484
404 4 life
>>
File: run.png (108 KB, 312x470) Image search: [Google]
run.png
108 KB, 312x470
>mfw playing with render distance on short
>all the caves had a bright glow far away that made me think it was an exit
>just more cave
>>
>>343735653
I can tell you don't play MC, or know the deal behind the sudden hate for everything after 1.7. It's not the 'content', but the coding and bugs. And the content in question is just reskinned mobs and blocks. Meanwhile, mods have done everything added in vanilla and more years ago.

But if you consider basic reskins 'content', by all means.
>>
What are your core rooms with actual function? I want to add to my list.

>Storage
>Farm
>Crafting room
>Breeder/Cooker room
>Bedroom
>Armoury
>Brewing room
>Enchanting room
>Ore Furnace/Garbage disposal
>Portal room
>Mine entrance
>>
1.7.10 since the most Mods are on there.
>>
>>343736275
Make a room with a chair and a rope with a noose in the middle
>>
>>343728540
>Stonehearth, the game that was going to live up to this got abandoned during early access
>the dev has stated he wants to come back to it but it hasnt happened yet
why god
>>
>>343727245
1,71 pre release
>>
Anyone else remember the long period after the halloween update where tree leaves didnt decay and there were a lot of servers that would ban you for not clearing leaves after cutting down trees
>>
The one I grew up with xD
>>
>>343738135
We had a bunch of people on the servers I played on that just took the two to three blocks out from the ground to where the leaves started, and left everything else of the trees.

Worst shit ever.
>>
>>343738506
on the upside there was an all time low of kids on my regular server cause they got a one day ban after being warned and then never came back
>>
>>343727245
With mods you can get pitchblack nights. I use 1.7.10 of the 'completed' game. Try modpacks, they make the game a lot more interesting.
>>
>>343735653
Microsoft bought Minecraft and/or Mojang a few years ago. After 1.7.10 they completely recoded the game from the ground up, fixing a small number of issues that had persisted for a whiling, but as often happens when Microsoft does a total rewrite, they introduced a lot more bugs and issues than they fixed. Add to that that doing the actual rewrite means that almost every modification to the game has to be completely rewritten (can't just update the mod by making a few small changes like before), it killed a lot of player content which causes people who rely on that to stop playing the newest version. I have no clue what the rate is, but based off of server advertising sites, a very large portion of the player base that isn't a 12 plays with mods and as a result won't use a version past 1.7.10, the last one before the rewrite.
>>
>>343739395
Best way to weed them out. Make some really easy rule to follow that never has more than a day ban.
>>
>>343727245
1.7.3 beta was my jam. Never recovered after it got updated, though I did initially like the Villagers I still have a the cracked version installer.exe I used
>>
Anybody here that is willing to play the latest version of the game? I want to get into it but would like someone to play with.
>>
File: FLAOT1.png (319 KB, 985x911) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT1.png
319 KB, 985x911
>>
>>343740981
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 1413146093133.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1413146093133.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
>>343727245
I still can't believe Minecraft came out half a decade ago and even earlier if you count beta and alpha and whatever else
I really really really loved it, but at some point it got completely ruined for me. Was it everyone talking about it and all the videos on youtube, was it all the horrible updates that made the world ugly and unnecessarily filled with random biomes and structures, as if a 5 year old made a mod, was it a combination of all, probably.
Or maybe its because life is so shit nowadays that I can't enjoy anything
>>
>>343731473
i smell 12yo here get this nad licker out of here
>>
>>343741076
same, I remember first seeing someone stream it in a tinychat room and asking what it was, then playing the shit out of it my sophomore year of high school. When I was senior it blew the fuck up and everyone was talking about it but I'd already moved on
>>
>>343740981
That was when it started to slowly go downhill. Then it went quickly downhill.
>>
>>343740918
Sure,but you have to make a server first
>>
>>343727245
I bought it around 1.7ish
All I know is that 1.8 was when everything went wrong
>>
>>343738135

Well I remember when leaf decay was implemented and it completely shot the framerate initially.
>>
>>343741076

It is hard to believe. Feels like a lifetime ago. So much changed in my life since then. I'm much lonelier and leading a much emptier existence.
>>
>>343741345
Shieet, I can't really senpai
>>
File: 1443321070817.jpg (133 KB, 580x351) Image search: [Google]
1443321070817.jpg
133 KB, 580x351
>>343727903
An 11 year old playing Minecraft in 2009 can now legally post on 4chan.

There are nostalgia threads for MW2 now
There are nostalgia threads for Halo 2 and 3 now
There are nostalgia threads for Oblivion now
>>
>>343741602
>There are nostalgia threads for Oblivion now
That isn't so bad, Oblivion looks like a really old game even if it isn't
>>
>>343741602
>There are nostalgia threads for MW2 now
I remember when people used to say at the time, jokingly, that there eventually would be. I didn't think it'd actually happen, and yet here we are.
>>
>>343741707
It looked like ass when it was released.
>>
the update that gave the game weather, I think it was 1.7 or 1.6. Pretty much anything that didn't come before the Adventure Update was pretty fun
>>
>>343740981
>minecraft no longer has long stretches of flat grass so you have to break through meaningless, ugly hills for hours to get anything resembling a flat place to build and then it's surrounded by hills and shitty trees

Man.

Fuck Minecraft.
>>
>>343741602
>There are nostalgia threads for Halo 2 and 3 now
I was probably around 14-15 when halo 2 came out, but I still feel pretty fucking nostalgic about it.
Back in the day where me and my buddys would just hang out all day playing halo 2 splitscreen on the CRT, making up stupid game rules and having fun. Nothing beats those summer nights where we would play it all day, and when it was night time, we'd sneak out and cause some mischief and come back for some more halo. Its sad knowing those days are gone forever, and I'll never experience that joy ever again.
>>
Whatever update before that changed half steps to look like shit. Like 1.3 or something?
>>
>>343727245
I din't know shit about minecraft modding. Can someonw twll me if it's possible to get some mods and texture packs to work with 1.7? This tgread made me want to reinstall minecraft.
>>
>>
>>343727245
What modpacks do you use? I have the latest FtB megapack but it's just so full of stuff without any coherence or gameplay design.
>>
>>343740981

That indev picture,

holy nostalgia fucking shit dude.
>>
>>343727245
Before the hunger system existed
>>
>>343740981
RIP FLOAT guy, your floating islands may be gone but our memory of them won't be.
>>
>>343741319
Yea.I think when they removed eternal winter maps it entered the point of no return.
>>
>>343727245
the newest. nostalgia faggots need to fuck off. i honestly cannot comprehend why the game having more things, more places, more items, more difficulty, and an actual ending is a BAD thing.

oh no, you can actually do something instead of fuck around on the plains, autistically building a castle and not ever have to worry about starving to death or getting killed by monsters. how awful.

minecraft is shit, complete and utter shit. it was NEVER good. ever. it was always boring pointless trash. however, mods give it life. you can do so much with mods in this game. and without them, the next best thing is the newest versions plus maps. you can play PT in minecraft. you could play portal. you can play fucking mario kart or smash bros or quake. all vanilla minecraft too. the ability to create things in vanilla just gets better and better every single time. i cant even imagine enjoying vanilla maps before command blocks were put in
>>
>>343742924
t. 14yo
>>
>>343743020
>t meme
t. actual 14 year old
>>
>>343743070
KC tier
>>
I didn't really try out minecraft until about 1.3, but I revisited when it was right about 1.7, and I can still say that it's the best version. Super cozy, not too much bullshit and enough for everyone to really enjoy. After 1.7, all the updates were unnecessary and total bullshit because we all know both microsoft and mojang know jack shit about what a "community" is.
>>
>>343742924
You aren't defending the some of the unnecessary elements(hunger for ex.) added to the game are you?They just made the game more tedious and grindy.If they focused on the building part rather than the survival part the game would have been more than just a kids game.
>>
>>343736275
Answer this
>>
Theres a 1.7.3 beta /v/ server if anyone wants to join

>>343742924
>implying its even possible to starve or get killed in the newest version.
>>
>>343743554
I just played the newest version recently after having not played for years. Your hunger goes down way quicker, especially when you're in combat. You need to keep an eye on that thing and be ready to eat something, or you're going to get your health chipped down quick. Also, mobs are way more of a threat in groups than I ever remembered them being before.
>>
Minecraft! Getting stuck in a deep cavern without a torch is always an interesting conundrum! Dig safely all you Minecrafters!
>>
I dunno, the last version I liked a lot was when he put in snow. Before multiplayer, was it. The swedish snow update or whatever.

After hunger was implemented I didn't want to play as much.
>>
Whatever version it was on in 2009 when I was 11 and thought it was awesome that there was a game that felt like a mix of Legend of Zelda and Legos.
>>
>Silent enemy
>Gives 2-3 seconds to run away before damaging your hard work and/or severely damaging/killing you

Who thought this was a good idea? The best version of minecraft is one without these buggers, can I patch them out or something?
>>
how casual are you?
everyone who plays video games more than 1 day a year is sick to death of minecraft already
>>
>>343744939
i play it like, once a year or two in spurts

kinda like most games, i'll pick it up for a week or two before i move onto something else.
>>
>>343727245
>What's the best version of minecraft?
http://terrafirmacraft.com/

It is what minecraft should've been had notch not been incompetent.
>>
I don't like the Aether, the enchanting, the potions. That stuff that made it more like a medieval RPG. Clichéd RPG stuff. But a lot of good stuff came after, so I don't know if I'd get rid of that

>>343728958
>This is when the trees would stay on fire forever, and there was a lava spill out the side of the mountain I settled next to, It set some surrounding trees on fire that lit the night sky.

I started playing back before fire existed. You either had to let the leaves float there forever or knock them down by hand.
>>
>>343735643
>Not Notch, everyone else at Mojang. Notch wanted to have fun. Jeb and the others wanted to push for an RPG/educational aspect.

Notch was the one who wanted to have potions and other old fashioned RPG stuff like enchanting.
>>
>>343744828
it also looks like a penis.
>>
>>343744828

I just disable mobgriefing with the cheat command. I got pretty tired of keeping a chest of dirt around to cover up the craters they kept blowing all over my property.

Even better when you cover up a hole then a while later a fucking spider spawns down in there and you have to dig around trying to stop the screeching.
>>
>>343744828
>Who thought this was a good idea?

...Notch. Obviously.
>>
So why after all this time has no one made a minecraft clone in a more stable language than java? How the hell is this game running rampant with all this merchandise for children like countless books of minecraft jokes, lore, mod coding, etc for this clusterfuck of random mods haphazardly thrown together on stolen code of a freeware program? How can this game still be popular and the dev being multi millionaires on this but no one able to make anything to combat them?
>>
File: 2016-07-04_00.34.32.png (751 KB, 1280x962) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-04_00.34.32.png
751 KB, 1280x962
I make maps sometimes
>>
>>343745519
Creepers aren't even the problem, its fucking endermen turning the outside of your fort into a goddamn Escher painting after a couple a days.
>>
>>343746219
...is it weird i've never seen an enderman move blocks? They do nothing as far as I know.
>>
>>343746895
You don't go out much at night then, do you?

Fucking cheeky bastards are always walking off with a random tree or dirt block and makes it look like some autistic 5 year old is in my server who punches a few blocks and wanders off to die somewhere
>>
>>343745883
Does someone have the cringey minecraft jokebook pictures where half the jokes are "He got destroyed?" Thanks.
>>
File: FLAOT1.png (1 MB, 985x911) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT1.png
1 MB, 985x911
>>
>>343745883
All the console versions are running with C++ code.They'll eventually come around to implementing a stable PC version.
>>
File: guerilla_s.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
guerilla_s.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>343746219

Disabling mobgriefing stops that, too. It really is just the perfect cheat for disabling all the most obnoxious shit in the game.
>>
So, what are your favourite mods?

>ICBM
>Atomic Science
>Mystcraft
>Mekanism
>MineFactory Reloaded
>Applied Energistics 1
>>
>>343747252
Is there ANY way to do it on console? As shitty as it seems, I mainly play minecraft on console because it's super comfy.
>>
>>343747287
All the Thermal Expansion mods and shit moving to RF energy is great.

I used to love IndustrialCraft but the direction they went with the whole gregtech thing is just autism prime. Tedium doesn't make for interesting machine layouts.
>>
>>343747287
>Using mods
I never actually found a good way to install them. I'd like to look into them when they have official support, though.
>>
>>343747314

lol
>>
>>343747314
When you go to start a map on the latest console versions, there's an option to disable mob griefing.
>>
>>343747287
Red power 2. I can't find any kind of suitable replacement for it, especially all the redstone stuff
>>
>>343747386
Most people just download a mod pack.
From what I've heard tekkit is the best thing right now. I was stupid and I didn't do my research and I'm stuck on FTB. I can't be fucked to start over again.
>official support
Won't happen anytime soon.
>>
>>343747228
>guns and helicopters modded
>anime girls
>3rd person
are you trying to trigger me?
>>
>>343747359
Yay standardization. I remember when you'd have 4 different kinds of energy with crazy conversion ratios. RF is a blessing in that regard.

Big Reactors is one of the best ways to create energy too.
>>
>>343747468
http://projectredwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
thank me later
>>
>>343747398
don't you ever fucking reply to me or my thread again
>>
there is a /v/ server for the 1.7.3 beta but i don`t remember the ip
>>
>>343747314
>playing the second worst version because muh comfy
Do they still force you to pay for skins?
>>
>>343743070
UNDERAGE B&
>>
>>343747687
>Using skins
I don't even play multiplayer, single player survival is fine enough. Why the fuck do skins matter?
>>
>>343747574
Fuck that, I'll thank you now.
>>
>>343727903
This boars used to love Minecraft in early, early beta, when Notch used to post here.
>>
>>343747778
They matter because you're again paying for shit everyone else gets for free.
>map sizes are still limited
>have to pay for skins
>have to pay for texture packs
>no mods
The only worse version is the fucking phone port.
>>
>>343748059
>10 dollars less
it's worth it in my book
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 2048x1152
Wow I think this is the first time I'm feeling nostalgic
>>
>>343748264
I got it for $14 six years ago.
You got the short end of the stick on all accounts.
>>
>>343748640

At least he's "comfy"
>>
>>343748640
pretty sure i paid $10 for that shit in 09
>>
>>343749373
I looked it up.
It was 5 euros before early summer 2010.
I got my copy a couple of weeks afterwards.
>>
>>343727245
Latest one
>>
>>343730391
Do you play it singleplayer?

For me I have fun in Minecraft in two ways.
Maybe three.

>1
A group of friends and friends of friends.
We have a private server, it can be unmodded.
We go and explore, build our own things, watch what we've built, help eachother out.
A few times we've centered on an npc village, and then we've divided it into quadrants we each build in our own styles.

>2
A quasi-mmo.
Mods are necessary. Large server where you and a group create a faction and build cities and gather resources together.
Like one of the /pol/ faction servers are alright. Same with 4craft.
Civcraft is the best example of this, Citadel+Prisonpearl are great.
Then the unique terrain and resource distribution in civcraft with the factory mod makes it very good.

>3
Short lived server with loads of people from /v/, no mods necessary. Can't live for long since you can't fight off greifers forever and still have fun.
>>
>>343730391
Achievements, beating the dragon, beating the wither
>>
>Play Minecraft for the first time
>Make lighter
>Set fire to tree for fun
>It burns down
>fire jumps to another tree
>and another
>and another
>and my wooden house

This is when I developed in-game pyromania. I remember setting a server on fire and watched the world burn.
>>
>>343730391
You could try TFC. Its a total conversion mod that adds a lot of mechanics and progression that some might classify as grindy but I really enjoy it.

For example there's no wooden/stone pickaxes so starting out you have a bunch of different options how to obtain your first ores and smelt them into ingots.

It can be a bit overwhelming to start with but the wiki is great and there atleast used to be bunch of good youtube videos introducing you to the basics.
>>
>>343750656
the only bad part about TFC is because there's no fucking updates or servers
>>
Fuck someone give me a good modpack, I want to play again. Something preferably with Thaumcraft. And not something like Hexxit where you become overpowered 5 minutes in, nor something with that 'harcore-food mod' or whatever it was called.
>>
Just how does Minecraft continue to touch the lives of so many people?
>>
Minecraft = simply the best
>>
>>343747652
It's a pretty comfy server
>>
>>343753869
>playing multiplayer

Not comfy.
>>
>download and play mod pack
>takes 30 minutes to start up
Life was so much simpler back then.
>>
>>343727245
Terraria. Better combat and graphics.
>>
>>343754404
I tried but couldn't get into it. 2D creations just don't do it for me. If Minecraft had the amount of furniture and interior decorating options it would blow Terraria out of the water on almost all fronts.
>>
>>343754590
except in the combat and the progression and pretty much everything else
the third dimension is the only upside minecraft over terraria honestly
>>
Beta 1.7, before hunger and other shit came
>>
>>343755013
>mine craft
>notch chose to focus more on shitty spam left click combat and adding shitty bosses rather than a wider variety of blocks and craftables
>>
Is it even questionable that Minecraft is the most influential feat we've seen accomplished in modern gaming? Truly inspiring.
>>
>>343755413
>hunger
>bad

It's a clever little tactic to give initiative for efficient farming and animal breeding. Nothing wrong with a sense of urgency - the dark and creepers of the night excluded!
>>
>>343757542
Agreed.
>>
>>343741764
It looked great
>>
What are the core rooms every base needs?
>>
>>343760047
Enchanting Room.
At the top of a wizards tower.

Storage room.

Skeleton Grinder.

Experience farm.
>>
>>343760127

>Skeleton Grinder.
???
>>
>>343741602
Sit tight catter
>>
For the current version, should I make a normal world, a large biome world, or an AMPLIFIED world?
>>
>>343761073
never tried an AMPLIFIED world. what even is it?
>>
File: Amplified_jungle[1].jpg (368 KB, 1920x1138) Image search: [Google]
Amplified_jungle[1].jpg
368 KB, 1920x1138
>>343761706
Giant mountains, deep caverns, steep hills, and even floating islands.
>>
>>343761971
The problem is, there's almost no flat land to contrast these crazy formations, so it ends up being boring too.
>>
>>343760473
For arrows.

Make a drowning trap around a skeleton spawner for infinite arrows.
>>
File: 0a76a6dc31[1].png (91 KB, 169x299) Image search: [Google]
0a76a6dc31[1].png
91 KB, 169x299
>Launch good old minecraft
>Haven't played in years
>Build a house and a mine
>Suddenly find some kind of dungeon
>See a spider
>Do not even worry because I already got a sword
>Hits me
>Get poisoned
>Health quickly goes down
>???
>See another
>Realize it's not the old black spider but a green variant
>Some small zombie little shit behind me
>Try to hit it
>Can't
>Dying because of venom and the little shit keeps hitting me
>Run away
>See a villager and think I'm near a village
>It attacks me too
>dead
>>
>>343762673
Just get the infinity enchantment.
>>
beta 1.7 (pre-adventure update)
>>
>>343763119
>too casual for minecraft

holy fuck anon that must feel terrible
>>
>built a base in a giant cave system
>named it Block Mesa

Good times
>>
>>343763135
how?
>>
TerraFirmaCraft a best
>>
>>343763253
Oh yeah big boy?
Is that how we're gonna play?
How about you host a server and I show you what's up
>>
>>343727245
Pre nether update
Gotta love dem booster carts
>>
>can't play Minecraft in the browser anymore
What the fuck happened
>>
>>343757542
Except farming doesn't do that, it just adds tedious chores with no depth or complexity and further fucks up the first few nights, as well as gating your exploration, building, etc behind carrying food in your inventory you have to use regardless of what task you're trying to complete.
>>
Minecraft Alpha 1.1.2_01 for latest Alpha with old world gen

Minecraft Alpha 1.2.6 for latest Alpha in general, along with Nether and new, not-as-good world gen

Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 for latest version before hunger update

Those are all the versions you need
>>
>>343730149
The player HAS to spawn on sand always.
>>
>>343763792
>no depth or complexity

My redstone farms, butchery, bakery etc disagree

>further fucks up the first few nights

Heightens the challenge, adds depth to your character and further immerses you in the world

>gating your exploration

It's another thing to keep your eye on, to add something else of suspense to the experience. I just can't agree I believe hunger was an inspired addition.
>>
>>343728540
The community has created modded servers after Dwarf Fortress, they're worth a play, but it won't hold you long.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.