[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>EVERYONE WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT ON MY TEAM - I DID EVERYTHING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (91 KB, 620x406) Image search: [Google]
image.png
91 KB, 620x406
>EVERYONE WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT ON MY TEAM - I DID EVERYTHING IMMACULATELY

Overwatch players here seem to express this a lot, but I played TF2 for a stupid amount of time. I heard little murmurs about people not protecting the medic and pyros not spy checking and everyone makes mistakes in judgement, sometimes you just lose - but the amount of "WHY AM
I STUCK WITH THESE RETARDS" threads I see are overwhelming.

Is it because immature people are unwilling to admit they made mistakes in the same way fat people misreport the number of calories they consume or is it because they don't know how a team based shooter is supposed to work?
>>
File: luc.png (1 MB, 1608x784) Image search: [Google]
luc.png
1 MB, 1608x784
>>343725009

It is pretty disheartening when you're on the wrong side of the forced 50% at the time and your teammates are literally incompetent.

Not that I'm pro, but often it's me and another player preventing us from being completely steamrolled.
>>
>>343725009
you dont understand. it doesnt matter how good you are if the rest of your team is bad. the game is balanced around the team, not the player.

just go on competitive and you'll see. it is somehow worse than quickplay, and it is ranked, so losing only lowers your rank, meaning you get set with more/worse retards and it snowballs

i started at 50, rose to 54 with a premade. i spent one day in pubs and dropped to 45
>>
>>343725550
that's only because the game is neutered to prevent really good players from single handedly carrying
>>
>>343725757
well yeah obviously, its meant to be more like a MOBA.
>>
>>343725458
Do you mean "the wrong side" as in the map is biased to one team over another?

>>343725550
I feel like I understand more than most people who post those "Y MY TEAM BAD" threads because I played TF2 - composition was just as important in that game, if not as pronounced, but when there wasn't a medic or when there were no heavies or pyros and everyone just went sniper? Yeah, I get it - but why is everyone so upset? I play comp a lot.
>>
This is the case with all games though.
Sometimes your team just ain't there and you have to vent. People who bring this up frequently should probably communicate more as to what they expect.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 517x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 517x350
>>343725990
I really wish the dumbasses who got banned from LoL and HoN didn't gravitate to Overwatch, it is kind of like a MOBA but really, it's more like TF2
>>
>>343725009
Because it's the truth.

I have 5.4k hours played on TF2 alone. I am CONSISTENTLY playing with people that literally cannot respond to obvious audio queues when ultimate abilities go off. I had a game today where a Parah was destroying our team because nobody bothered to check the FUCKING SKY when somebody was killing them.
>>
>>343726063

Once every few hours, the Blizzard servers update. If you won most of your games before an update, afterwards you'd be placed in more difficult games with lower level/ranked teammates against better ranked enemies which means you'll have a rough slog until the next update.

I typically play after coming home from work for about 10 matches or so. One day I'll win ~80% of my matches, go to sleep, the servers update, then the next day I'll lose ~80% of my matches, rinse and repeat.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 894x894
>>343726236
Maybe, I'm just concerned about inherent narcissism within the gaming community, but I guess that's too little too late

Also I'm surprised at what came up with I typed "Tracer farting" into google but again, rule 34, nature of the beast
>>
It's more frustrating in Overwatch because the matchmaking makes 9/10 matches you play a stomp in either your or the enemies favor. Every once in awhile you get a nice even game and it's fun but all that often. At least with TF2 the server you're on can shuffle players around with a scramble vote if the teams aren't balanced but with Overwatch you just gotta hope the matchmaking actually works out next time.
>>
File: (cant wake up).png (63 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
(cant wake up).png
63 KB, 367x202
>>343726352
>pharah just keeps running out into the chokepoint covered by several turrets on hanamura
>"WHAT THE FUCK GUYS TAKE OUT THE TURRET"
>"WHY IS THERE NO MEDIC"
>>
>>343725009

It's a mixture of both. Some people think they're playing perfectly but they're actually making mistakes and people do downplay their faults.

I play with a group where I'm the only who will ever admit to making a mistake. When anyone else dies it's, "X needs to be nerfed!" or "X has no counters!". The kind of group where you get gems like, "Tracer has no counters! Ever since the McCree nerf he can't deal with Tracer!", "Roadhog is OP! When you get hooked you die and he can heal himself a lot!".
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 300x198
>>343726747
You're not wrong in that TF2's team shuffle is great for team balance, even when sometimes you are doing the best job for your team and all of a sudden WHOOPS you're on red team now. The MOBA influences are undeniable - given that fact it can't be helped that there's no team shuffle - what really rustles my fucking jimmies are rage quitters

>>343726778
As a medic from the day I do my best, man
>>
So, what's with all the farts?
>>
>>343725009
It's LoLbabby/Dotard mindset. People have mistakenly got into Overwatch thinking it's a competitive game. Even in quickplay people freak out because they think there's something to be lost
>>
>>343725009
The "my team sucks" bitching is older than YOU are, fuccboi.
It's been in every single FPS with online capabilities to date.
>>
>>343727501
Degenerates.
>>
>>343727501
I got bored and I think it's funny

>>343728580
I'm well aware it's a tale as old as time I'm just saying it's prominant on /v/ lately and it's kinda shitty.
>>
Tf2 has servers and like 5 characters
Overwatch has an elo system and about 10 characters are offense so no one picks the supports and tanks
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 622x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 622x350
I don't get a lot of shit playing on PS4 - is the culture that different on PC?
>>
>>343725009

I won't deny that me and my pocket aren't always perfect, but most games it feels like we put a lot more work and effort in than most of our teammates. If we have a half decent team we can usually win most games, but lately we get people who only go one class, constantly die, never use their class properly, and are just all around useless, even in competitive at around rank 60. Our placement matches went well and were a lot of fun, after we got out of placements it went to shit, rank 60 and 65 and we got matched up with idiots.
>>
File: effectsofcryostasis.png (2 MB, 3500x2500) Image search: [Google]
effectsofcryostasis.png
2 MB, 3500x2500
Why is Mei so useless? She contributes so little to the team and her methods of killing are painfully slow for both people involved
>>
It's attracted the LoL, MOBA, mlg, whatever you want to call it crowd.
They rather try to be cool than rather..you know.. try to learn to play the game.
It's got this ELO bullshit too, trying to match people of similar skill elves together.
It creates a frustrating experience for people that actually want to play the game rather than look and feel cool. Especially after you pay 40-50 bucks for a game.
Back in the day you got better or just didn't play.
Never had this kind of shit this much back in the UT & quake days. Sure there's always been complainers and shit players, but holy shit team games these days.
>>
>>343732372
i wont say shes useless but she is infuriating to play with or against with pugs.

It takes a good deal of communication to have a good Mei experience.
>>
>>343725009
The game matchmaking is absolute shit, and how Competitive ranking works just rubs salt in the wounds

Not only do you have to suffer the match having every push fail for the mile long list of reasons, but you loose so much in rank progression even if you have gold across the board.

TF2 it didn't happen much because characters like Soldier or Demoman could carry the entire game, Overwatch you don't have that option because even if you are good with a character, no team supporting you will get you shut down quickly
>>
>>343732372
because THICC xd :D

hahah I put an ice wall up and got our only tank killed aren't I hilarious??:???

oh shit someone is out of my w+m1 range better selfheal and icewall away :DDDDD

I am not a fan of Mei
>>
File: 1464226182107.gif (179 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1464226182107.gif
179 KB, 375x375
>>343725009
because overwatch players = moba players
>>
I wanted it to replace TF2.
It didn't.

Back to TF2 it is.
>>
File: 1466608479301.jpg (17 KB, 352x239) Image search: [Google]
1466608479301.jpg
17 KB, 352x239
>>343725009

Too many modern multiplayer games allow one player to completely fuck over one or more players on their team who did well.
>>
>>343725009
it's because the game doesn't show you how your team did so it's only natural to assume your team is doing shit all when you have the golds for elim and damage.
>>
I feel that the only time it's acceptable to act like this is if you are on the top of the scoreboard. So many times, I see that the person acting like this is somewhere in the middle, or even near the bottom. It's dumb.
>>
>>343735526
Can you prove a point without adding your little emoticons and making yourself look like a complete faggot?
>>
>>343725009
It's the same thing with all online games these days because everything is fucked
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.